Sturmgewehr literally means assault rifle, which describes it's intended purpose. Large caliber and large magazine...

Sturmgewehr literally means assault rifle, which describes it's intended purpose. Large caliber and large magazine, very useful to storm enemy positions, as opposed to the K98. So is assault rifle a legit term, or not? I guess assault weapon wouldn't be, what about assault rifle?

Attached: 8567645645645643.jpg (1201x819, 110K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uRf8WfuKkEc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>nazi bad!

Hitler never existed
Prove me wrong

Yeah.

answer my question or fuck off

It means Storm Gun retard. Referring to Automatic fire

no, sturmgewehr literally means assault rifle. i'm german, retard.

>nazi bad amerigoy good

youtu.be/uRf8WfuKkEc

Attached: ff.png (561x846, 549K)

>large caliber

5.56 is the same caliber as .22.

>give me a sound bite!

the picture doesn't include any fucking kind of judgement. it's not even intended. it's just some stuff a guy took from his enemies. get the fuck out and spam somewhere else

what does "sturm" mean?

It means Storm Rifle, technically.
That pic is funny because only like 1/5 of that shit is German.

i don't even know where to start, dude

In proper translation it means both, but the name of the gun wasnt intended to be "Assualt Rifle" doesnt matter if your german

>i'm german

Attached: e99.jpg (680x543, 39K)

He isn't wrong.
It does not literally translate to assault rifle you mong.
Assault is a specific verb and sturm does not mean what assault means.
Select fire, intermediate cartridge rifle.

It means Storm

>muh Hall of Cost

Take your bait and fuck off and die

Attached: ff.png (400x400, 24K)

no, "stürmen/storm" means assaulting/assault. the substantive is rather old and not really in use anymore

storm or assault

They have one of the mothership award medals in there, they one you get after having five kids. Wonder where that vet looted it from

Storm rifle.
Storm as in “storm the gates!” you absolute retard. Storm as in synonym of assault or attack, you dumb fucking clown.

same diameter, sure

>Assault is a specific verb and sturm does not mean what assault means
It does, there's several meanings for words in German. And Sturm also means assault. Or do you think the Sturmabteilung refers to storm?

Probably a jew killing another innocent. What a surprise.

yea! sturm those non-whites!

Now look up the definition of caliber.

>Battle Rifle=Full size cartridge select fire
>Assualt Rifle=Intermediate cartridge select fire
>Lightmachine Gun=either cartidge, designed for full auto suppressive fire
>Submachine Gun=pistol caliber, designed for CQ and suppressive fire
>Sidearm=pistol caliber, compact and used as a secondary firearm

There i labeled everything for you did i miss anything?

tell me where I said caliber then stfu

Your thread sucks and you're a faggot

Attached: 1552321006552.png (560x612, 199K)

Storm can be used symbolically.

Do you have a document from the nazi german government confirming that faggot or are you pulling that out your ass because you're autistic? The Germans already had the MP40 and other submachine guns in use for "Storming the gates" you larpy nigger, the Stg44 was designes to just replace the k98 as an all purpose infantry rifle.

yes, but it's not in those cases idiot. just admit you were wrong, sturmgewehr literally means assault rifle, and sturmabteilung assault detachment.

that guy's family is lying to him lol. Lots of that stuff is not even German. Most of the rest is obviously looted from civilians

>thinks his kike relative probably didnt kill civvies

it's some idiot from reddit, of course he's describing it somehow wrong to generate likes or whatever they got. none of that stuff has to do with the holocaust. but it's still an interesting case.

It’s literally in the name. Kill yourself you fucking moron

I guess following conversations on Jow Forums can be hard. Keep trying and I'm sure you'll get it eventually.

Yes Storm Gun is literally the name i know

>you don't need tableware to eat latka!

I guess replying to the right person is even harder then, doesn't seem like you'll ever get it.

Sturm in German means storm and a quick, rapid assault. The Nazis weren't being poetic when they named the sturmtruppen or the sturmgewehr. They were used in sudden overwhelming attacks on the enemy. It's closer to the English meaning of storm as in storm the castle in this context. The original British army translation in a report on German tactics translated it as assault rifle. It is not a term created by the "liberal media".

It's okay if you didn't know caliber meant diameter. I can see you were just trying to be helpful.

5.56 isn't even 5.56mm in diameter.

>Literally

No retard. It literally translates as "Storm Gun".

Go peddle foreskins somewhere else Shlomo.

Attached: 1548392007541.jpg (1113x1000, 169K)

A Gewehr is a rifle, you fucking idiot. The best German translation for gun would just be weapon.

G3 & G36 aren't "Gun 3 & Gun 36", it's Rifle 3 and Rifle 36

..more specific, gun means "Schusswaffe", "Shooting weapon"

>Large caliber and large magazine
LOL Is that why the most widely used "assault rifles" are all chambered in varmint cartridges?

bro thats a child what the fuck

Attached: D5WSIuYXsAARtE9.jpg (622x606, 53K)

Assault rifle is a doctrinal term for how the firearm is to be used. There are particular mechanical features that will lend themselves better to the doctrine of an assault rifle, and so calling a rifle designed for that doctrine with those features an assault rifle makes sense.

The issue is that those same mechanical features can be beneficial to other purposes and use doctrines and so an “assault rifle” may also be an excellent “target” or “varmint rifle”.

But this nuanced approach with lots of grey is too much for people who just want easy boxes to categorize shit in. And so pistol grip, detachable magazines, threaded barrels are “assault features”.

>lovely little box of German war trophys brought back by grandpa
>HEY REDDIT HERE'S MY H O L O C A U S T B O X! REMEMBER THE 6 BAJILLION, GOYS!
Why are redditors like this?

Attached: 1556744507958.png (594x582, 41K)

Assault rifle is a well-established term for a select-fire rifle with detachable magazines and chambered for an intermediate cartridge.

>Large caliber
No.
If you're using caliber in the narrow sense of barrel diameter, the StG-44 has the same caliber as the standard German rifles (8mm), and less than handguns and SMGs (9mm).
If you're using it loosely to refer to the cartridge, it falls between the rifle cartridge and the handgun/SMG cartridge; pic related. In other words, it was an intermediate cartridge, and one of the first to see any real use.

And yes, we can (and sometimes do) argue all day about what is or isn't an "intermediate cartridge", but large caliber is definitely not part of it. Most modern intermediate cartridges are in fact of the SCHV (small caliber/high velocity) variety, with caliber substantially smaller than the StG-44's 8x33 cartridge..

Attached: 8x58, 8x33, 9x19.jpg (322x156, 7K)

Typoed the file name, sorry. The top cartridge is 8x57 of course.

Youre an idiot. To compare the cartridge used by the STG with that of the standard 7.92mm mauser is total brainlet shit. Youre ignoring case capacity completely just because “lol bullet same width”. I guess 9mm is more powerful than .308 for fullsize rifle cartridges.

You just compared .300blk and .300winmag

Are you the same guy without reading comprehension from up the thread? The OP specifically mentioned caliber.

Assault Rifle is an ineffective term. It doesn't describe the method of function or it's actual intended use.

T. Brainlet doesn't understand the difference between caliber and cartridge

>those american (I guess) rank signs and multiple pocket knives and m1 en bloc
More like
>my grandfather was a looting thief
or
>my grandfather was a nazi fleeing from germany and brought souvenirs

>massive reading comprehension failure
>must post before brain melts down completely
Shame you couldn't make it through one more sentence.

>You just compared .300blk and .300winmag
Which are two different cartridges of the same caliber; they both fire .308" bullets.

The notion that the sturm in sturmgewehr refers to the storm if bullets when used in full auto is the stupidest shit i've heard

>looting thief
looting means stealing to enrich yourself. it's not looting if you take a fucking fork or a knife from a house. and those rank signs are probably his own, just like the stipper clip. don't start shitting on that old man for his spawns stupid shit on reddit.

8mm kurz
>large caliber

did anyone ever say that?

>looting means stealing to enrich yourself.
t. tyrone taking TVs as a means to not enrich himself

now that's one big collection. I'm in awe.

It's a valid term when applied to the following: A select-fire rifle in an intermediate cartridge, fed from a detachable magazine, issued to an individual (Not a crew-served weapon.)
"Assault Weapon" is a term that nobody can give a real definition to because it is used by politicians and anti-gunners to mean "Anything I think looks scary and should be banned on that basis."

There's a Mother's Cross in the box, it's obviously not all military stuff. Probably whoever made it saw some war stuff and concluded everything old-looking their relative had was a war trophy (taken from a fallen enemy) but some of those simply would not be carried by a soldier.

Go be a feminist Jew somewheres else.

sturm=storm, storming a position, assaulting
gewehr=literally just gun, it's not a weird word, swedish has gevär, same thing, nothing weird.

>There's a Mother's Cross
that makes his gramps and even bigger fag

>That pic is funny because only like 1/5 of that shit is German.
This is what I was thinking. Either this guy was a merciless killing machine killing both friend and foe, or someone was full of shit.
>reddit
Oh well there's your answer.

Attached: 1546207748221.jpg (523x523, 29K)

i had that fucking discussion with a very angry dude over in iraq because we took (almost outdated) candies from an abandoned and looted shop, along with stuff like toothpaste. and i also stole a nice shirt from a rich arab landlord who was being a dick to us, and a woolen hat from an abandoned building because i didn't have one and it was cold as shit. it's not fucking looting.

i mean the shirt might kinda be, but like i said, the guy was being a dick and was also rich as fuck, as opposed to his peasants on the farms around his "mansion". i might even have stole that shirt from him if the whole thing wouldn't have taken place in a warzone. anyways, calling all that shit "looting" and accusing us/me of being warcriminals is fucking retarded. just like it's retarded to call the old man who that casing belongs to a looter

Correct.

oh, and i've met a swiss journalist who told me about an incident in the north, in a christian village that was abandoned and held by a christian militia. those guys turned up with fucking trucks and took everything valuable that was left behind from the houses, stuff like fridges, washing machines etc. when he asked them what the fuck they were doing, to find out if they might be relatives or something of the people in the village and just saving that shit for them, their commander told him he would shoot him if he told anyone about what he saw. THAT is fucking looting.

see Gewehr specifically means rifle, not gun

>large caliber
retard

ITT retards with a feeble grasp of their native language try to figure out what a foreign word means

Attached: IMG_20190502_070654.jpg (1080x971, 128K)

>Sturmgewehr literally means assault rifle,

I stopped reading here because user is a vain glorious fagg/idiot

Attached: 7SjmxmW[1].jpg (640x800, 25K)

>Large caliber
>Sturmgewehr

You learned nothing from the other thread. You also can't be bothered to use google translate. As I said before, you will lose again and you still won't understand.

Now go convince yourself that constant exposure to human shit and crime with zero personal space is culture.

>Sturm = Storm/rapid assault
>Gewehr = Rifle
t. German. You vain, glorious fag/idiot.

I am wrong. Google translate sucks as bad as OP. He might have put it into google translate. The rest of the post holds.

right dude, why should i try to rely on my knowledge of the language i grew up with. i will use google translate next time. maybe you should learn from this thread, and realize that Sturmgewehr fucking literally means assault rifle. There's not even room for interpretation, unless, ofc, you're a fucking faggot like all the other burgerniggers in this thread.

can hiro nuke Jow Forums already

>Gewehr specifically means rifle, not gun
It actually means long gun. And, more archaically, (defense) weapon, as in Seitengewehr - 'side arm' = bayonet) Same root as wehrmacht actually.
A shotgun also counts as gewehr. Germans still often use "gewehr" where an american would use "rifle", because it would be implied (in a military context) to be a rifle. So assault rifle is clearly the best translation.
And a nazi propaganda term no less. He'd be quite amused I think.

Attached: Smug_Hitler.png (259x194, 51K)

admitting your mistakes is a very noble trait, user. all while still showing defiance and calling OP a faggot. that's an upvote from me.

>It actually means long gun
If we're starting to split hairs here, langwaffe (long weapon, not gun) is a juristic term to describe rifles. the kind of term literally no one would use in normal life, gewehr is rifle and rifle alone. except seitengewehr ofc, but like you said that's fucking ancient, and i have no idea where that comes from. what do you mean, same root as wehrmacht? the "wehr" in wehrmacht comes from "sich wehren", "to defend oneself"

Yes it is but only if the rifle is full auto. If not full auto it’s not an assault rifle it’s a sporting version.

ok so the german wikipedia article still doesn't tell me why a bayonet is called a seitengewehr, but apparently the term is still in use. there's a SG2000 (for seitengewehr) available for the G36. i only know the term from ww1 literature

>gewehr is rifle and rifle alone
And I repeat, shotguns (and, for that matter, muskets) are gewehre too. Look it up. Rifle (and only rifle) would be "Büchse".

Nope. Germans still classify the L1A1 as a Sturmgewehr, even though it's not full auto.

ok maybe i should stop this shit, i didn't even know that a shotgun is not a rifle for burgers

Gewehr means "arm" (for defense) in an early modern context. So a bayonet is a side arm 'Seitengewehr' to your main arm "Gewehr" (Musket or Rifle).

This guy's granddad was probably a truck driver and looted that stuff after the real soldiers moved through the area. Then he lied about it to children to make himself feel better.

Let's not get into that matter now. Germans call an automatic (semi or fully) gun with a pistol grip a sturmgewehr. Americans call something more specifically defined an assault rifle. The original inspiration for the term satisfies both definitions. That's how language development works.

Imagine your great grandfather being the guy who looted dead bodies like a fucking thief, and then you brag about it for internet points

The L1A1 is a battle rifle and Germans are retarded. Also this thread is retarded.

Attached: 1555705867934.jpg (768x1024, 66K)

>who looted dead bodies like a fucking thief
everyone does that you fucking idiot. literally everyone. you look for possible intel, and instead of letting possible valuable or other stuff rot in the ground you take it with you. that's not fucking stealing you neverserved cuck

>Germans are retarded
nein du

What's wrong, you just now realized that your granddaddy's stories about killing a bunch of big bad Nazis and coming home a hero was all a fucking lie? Civilized (i.e. not American) armies didn't allow that kind of shit.