/msg/ - Milsurp General

Press F to pay respects to Swiss listing losing their gun rights, press E to celebrate all the dank surp we'll be getting Edition

Attached: tumblr_n1mg02yffF1s57vgxo2_r1_1280.png (744x463, 570K)

Other urls found in this thread:

armslist.com/posts/9918785/washington-rifles-for-sale--enfield-smle-mk1----
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearms_policy_in_the_United_Kingdom
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Big F for the Swiss, but hey, being an EU member is great right?

Attached: 1898 Krag–Jørgensen profile.jpg (3000x850, 651K)

Aren't they going to hold a referendum on whether or not to tell the EU to go fuck themselves?

May 19th but it's not looking good

Whats the max i should go for a yugo mauser?

$350, no more.

Attached: Yugo M48 profile2.jpg (3000x919, 1.45M)

Depends on the model. For a M24/47, I would pay $350 max for one in basically new condition with accessories like bayonet, sling, etc. For a M48, $400 max for one fresh from the cosmoline with goodies. If you're hunting for original M24s, then you shoot on up to $500+ but I don'k know what the max is for one.

Attached: Yugo M48A.jpg (4032x1736, 3.89M)

Fuck been watching some bids and they shoot up to $600 the last couple hours

Because boomers and the retarded salivate over the word Mauser. Their real value is what the two above stated

This general is in denial about today's prices

You can get expensive guns for cheap if you look hard and have patience but okay buddy.

Attached: Persian 98-29.png (1164x765, 259K)

could a kind user point me to some resources on wobbly mkvi markings? got one waiting for the paperwork to arrive. also fuck the eu.

Gunbroker is almost always higher than what you should pay when it comes to any kind of popular surp, be it mausers, Springfields, enfields, M1s, etc. Occasionally, a few deals on those slip through the hordes of retarded buyers and end up here, like my M48A but the most part, the prices of Gunbroker reflect the high competition and the competition is generally not the brightest when it comes to surp. Armslist generally has better prices but you'll have to deal with the people who use Armslist (mostly good for buyers and sellers of surp, beware scammers though). Local gun stores and pawn shops can be good, you just have to be patient with some of them. Estate sales occasionally net you a gun though I have yet to find any from one. And gun shows have deals to be had, you just have to put some haggling skills to use. The only other source of surp I can think of would be the surp guy that the Hoosiers in these threads have (wish there was such a guy for IL). Making connections is probably the best way to get the greatest deals but the rest should net you something nice if you're patient and know when to jump on a deal.
Gunbroker prices should really be considering a separate realm for most surp prices. The retards that peruse it are your competition and big sources of surp have shill bidding at play (fucking gray blanket).

Attached: Yugo M48A Crest.jpg (1746x4032, 3.51M)

>M48A
Yikes, stamped parts.
It is pretty though, how much you pay for it?

Attached: Yugo M48 Crest.jpg (1332x2000, 648K)

Is it possible to use a PU scope on an M44? Or do they only work with the 91/30?

Attached: 69a.jpg (680x649, 60K)

Stamped parts are fine.

Attached: AST - No. 1 Mk III.jpg (3831x963, 2.06M)

I have relativily recent scratches on my wood mosin stock should i put boiled linseed oil on a Q tip to attempt to cover up some of the scratches

I have relativily recent scratches on my wood mosin stock should i put boiled linseed oil on a Q tip to attempt to cover up some of the scratches

Why do retards never post pics?

Lso to that user in the previous thread, you know what you asked for.

Attached: 1555973639198.jpg (2597x2046, 2.24M)

>Out for Delivery
Hype.

Attached: Untitled_1.png (654x620, 31K)

The worst part is they aren't even a member state. They're just in the Schengen or w/e it's called.

Attached: Subject to Citizen.jpg (542x542, 89K)

LGS has a Martini Henry on consignment. Missing cleaning rod but it has the bayonet and it's 1892 production with a "London" stamp. It looks like it's in decent condition, probably been refinished at some point.

What should I offer? They don't have any price tag for it and say they're only taking offers, but I don't have any bearing as to what a Martini-Henry like this is worth.

$341.02 last August. Was fresh from the cosmoline though, as was the bayonet. Beautiful condition. And stamped parts aren't that bad, though they are definitely not as aesthetic as milled parts.
Send me some pics so I can see it again and be reminded of my disappointment of not getting that K98k.

Attached: 20190503_121800.jpg (1960x3167, 2.97M)

S

What's a good website to buy wooden furniture and parts for my SKS?

I currently already got said furniture but it needs to be replaced. Handguard is loose and the stock has a nasty solid glue residue on it.

Attached: thisisbait.png (625x626, 66K)

It's not. I'm legitimately looking for a good website to buy sks stuff.

>muh stock has glue on it
>better replace it!
Sell your surp to someone who will actually care about it

Attached: 101408857_135413849896.jpg (250x306, 19K)

Got my original M24 at a LGS a few months ago for $380

Attached: Yugom24crests.jpg (1238x917, 155K)

Nice! Did they not know what it was?

Attached: YUG - 1924.jpg (2560x1440, 1.01M)

It was bought that way. Calm down autist

>I am literally incapable of figuring out how to remove glue

>Send me some pics
Hang on, just gotta get it in my book.

>mfw no C&R FFL
Why the hell do I have to be 21 for this shit? I just want to have old guns and surps mailed to my door, what so wrong about a 20 year old doing that? Anyways, what do you think of it, user?

Attached: 20190420_174442.jpg (870x3502, 1.51M)

>type 46 getting mailed out today
Also the hype. A bayonet will join it in a month or so

S because I have no respect for yuros

Fucking sucks. They were probably the biggest stronghold in europe.

Anyone have a list of C&R vendors? Can we make pastebin for this general?

So where should i get one?

No and no, fuck you, pastebins are retarded

Are you illiterate?

The big ones are AIMsurplus, J&G, and Sweaty Ben. There's a few smaller ones I've come across, but they tend to be boomers with site formatting from 1999 of questionable quality.

>boomers with site formatting from 1999 of questionable quality.
Looking at you Empire Arms

I would be looking for a M48 bayonet for mine, but I got one of VZ24 sword bayonets for it.
Damn good deal.

Attached: Yugo M48 backyard fun.jpg (3000x2000, 872K)

Why are norinco sks’s $450 standard now

Maybe because they haven't been imported for two decades?

a left handed subhuman is not worthy of this backyard

Has anyone ever formed 7.7 Japanese from 30.06? I've got a big pile o' once-fired, mixed headstamp brass (PPU and Federal) that came with a can of HXP I bought a year ago, and I'm too autistic to mix it in with brass that I've fired. I've heard that this was the thing to do in the dark ages before PPU.
>inb4 full-length size it and load it with the rest of your 30.06
I know. I'm too autistic to mix headstamps.

You mean to tell me that when the supply of a commodity is cut off the price of that commodity rises? wtf get out of here with that nonsense.

Also, important to note: I don't actually have a Type 99 yet.

FFFFFFUUUUUUCCCKKKKING BOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMERS

Attached: IMG_20190430_163923.jpg (302x114, 16K)

>press E to celebrate all the dank surp we'll be getting
Surplus Stgw57 and 550's when?

>your pic
Gib link.

S
Euros are getting exactly what they deserve

Czechia is now the most based European nation.

Attached: Czech vs Terrorists.jpg (900x899, 177K)

>I don't have any bearing as to what a Martini-Henry like this is worth.
Best I can give is IMA sells cleaned w/bayonet for $1.1k - $1.2k. Cleaned no bayo $900 - $1k. Untouched no bayo $600 - $700.

Gunbroker seems to tend non total stupid priced at starting bid $800 - $1k, but I haven't been looking hard lately. The local surp dealer put one up on GB two weeks ago, uncleand no blade starting bid $550. He got no bids, but its on my radar he has one. (So waiting on it to show up in the store for finger fucking.)

Other places I go are not too far off in price.

>What should I offer?
Based only on limited information I would say $600 - $900 low ball to max if your looking for a fair market deal not far out of pricing range for your description. Your the final decision maker if you want to full low ball.

I'm basing this on just above not so good looking to below top selling retail prices. To me only taking offers means they want the most they can get, but want it to sell. Also consignment at a LGS probably means the seller doesn't know maket price. So long as the seller and LGS aren't "know what I got" types this should be the ranges I would expect.

>othais is a sonic fan

dear lord his suffering is too real.

Finally purchased a mauser.

Attached: New Mauser.png (1291x805, 1.9M)

>shill bidding
Fuck me, they must be the ones who do the $150 dollar increases in the beginning of the bid

Any of the places I listed. Cast a large net and see what you can find. Always remember check the condition of whatever you're looking at so that you aren't getting a rifle with problems. Finding a matching numbers one shouldn't be too hard considering they only serialized four things on their rifles. Most Yugo Mausers come with accessories as they were all imported that way so try to get one with the goodies.
Now that's a fucking deal. Is it all matching?

Attached: Yugo M24 47 Crest.jpg (4032x1960, 1.8M)

Never. Parts kits are an extremely slim possibility, but machine guns are always machine guns in the land of the free. Most likely Swissistan won't sell us parts kits though, they'll probably just start scrapping them.

>they'll probably just start scrapping them.

Attached: 1504569632695.jpg (252x212, 20K)

Welcome to the brave new world. There's still hope, Swissistanis may resist, or the EU could collapse. But most likely all we'll get is more bolters. Which isn't BAD.

Attached: SWI - G11.jpg (3089x448, 944K)

I'm fine with the bolters but damn man the stg 57s look crazy cool with their roller-delayed system and very swiss designs.

>Anyways, what do you think of it, user?
The pitting is more extensive than I expected. Stock definitely refinished, though not recently. Cracks in the wrist were repaired with some kind of epoxy. Only matching parts I found were the trigger, magazine box, triggerguard, trigger, and interestingly the bayonet lug was force-matched (including kana) to the receiver. The bore is in better condition than my Type-38, and the pitting is not bad enough to deter me from shooting it once I get more ammo. The rear sight elevator has a broken latch and does not stay in place. Didn't disassemble the bolt since I can't find my Enfield tool but it cycles very smoothly.

In conclusion I feel like I still got a fair deal at $445, but not a steal. Still, all these abused old rifles deserve a home.

Attached: T30_05-03-2019_A.jpg (1500x1000, 1.29M)

>tfw live in Cali so arms list is limited
Fak

Arisuka, can I get an approximate production year?

Attached: T30_05-03-2019_serial.jpg (1200x900, 769K)

can someone explain the swiss losing their rights situation to me? i thought switzerland was the least cucked european nation when it came to guns

armslist.com/posts/9918785/washington-rifles-for-sale--enfield-smle-mk1----

alright how impossible is this to unbubba? does anyone even make repro no1 mk1 stocks?

I cleaned out the remains of the fill in the markings. Never cared for that kind of thing.

Attached: T30_05-03-2019_rollmark.jpg (900x1200, 588K)

Attached: Swiss Gun Culture 101.jpg (3379x1740, 890K)

Their country is also basically a fortress.

Attached: Swiss gun laws.jpg (1341x3636, 473K)

Look up "Schengen".
It's an economic agreement, not membership status of the EU.
Kinda looks to me like the EU wants membership to be mandatory for all European nations.

At least you'll give it a good home, user and you'll take better care of it than most others would. It sure is a nice piece of pre WW1 history. I'm still salty that the K98k went higher than I wanted it to but hopefully, there will be other, cheaper ones for me to get. And maybe, a type 30 in the future (you don't know what you've done to me, this desire for one grows stronger every day).

Attached: Why couldn't it be mine, fucking boomers.jpg (1065x3837, 1.91M)

>there's a fucking mg34 being sold in portland but I live in washington so my cucked ass can't even bid

Attached: 1556259459989.jpg (637x483, 116K)

>doesn't even have the charger guide bolt head
>handguards, nose-piece, front volley sight and numerous small bits also missing
>quoting some $$$ values on intact rifles printed on dead trees
Fuck him right in the face.

As for the stock, I'm sure you could pay someone to make a proper repro, but restoring this rifle would not be economical unless you got it for free (and probably not even then).

>At least you'll give it a good home, user and you'll take better care of it than most others would. It sure is a nice piece of pre WW1 history.
Mistreated and neglected is the general appearance of my WW1 rifle collection, so it will not look out of place.

Now this picture is two rifles obsolete.

Attached: WW1_service_rifles_10-31-2018_A.jpg (1600x1039, 1.59M)

>As for the stock, I'm sure you could pay someone to make a proper repro, but restoring this rifle would not be economical unless you got it for free (and probably not even then).

yeah and I have no idea how to add back the missing charger guide. damn shame I was gonna see if I could haggle it down to maybe half but I don't see a reason to given how much is missing and how much work it would take.

Looks breddy gud. be aware some of the surplus 8mm will hangfire like a motherfucker.

Have any of you assholes built a CETME-C? i can't find a half decent writeup or a how to. I found a couple of jigs for bending the receiver flat and grinding the trunnion out of the old receiver, but i don't know if the trigger pack absolutely has to be cut back or if i can just slam it into the new receiver after i weld it.

I haven't built an AK but I can weld.

'Night faggots; see you in six hours.

Attached: T30_05-03-2019_B.jpg (1500x1000, 1.4M)

Yeah but unlike in switzerland you need a licence for every gun, usa and switzerland used to be the only countries to not do that, and that lack of a universal requirement for a licence still stands as the one, fundamental difference between the usa and the world (many other countries allow you more guns with a licence than you can get in the us).

Why the fuck is Verdun showing up in my autosuggestions all the time? I don' even use that shit

Canada barring ownership of firearms without a license is actually pretty recent.
Hell, even in the UK, it wasn't that long ago that most people carried pocket revolvers.

You wanna back that second statement up?
>The gun law in the Czech Republic is quite liberal. It is mostly caused by the fact that after the fall of communist regime people wanted to regain their rights to keep and bear arms and these needs resulted in passing quite liberal legislation in 1995, which surpassed the previous restrictive communist enactment.
FUCK ME WHAT IS SO DIFFERENT ABOUT CHECHIA AND POLAND, WHY CAN'T WE HAVE THAT

Your rear sight protector is facing the wrong way.

Attached: 20190503_191944.jpg (4032x3024, 2.75M)

Possession without a license was legal until 1995 in Canada (Bill C-68).
Prior to that, you'd get a little piece of paper filled out by the local police when you bought a new one and that was it. Roughly equivalent to sending a form 4473 to the BATFE.

Attached: Gun ownership vs homicide map.png (800x868, 560K)

I clearly said second. I'm asking about the uk. Are You blind?

Just exhausted, mea culpa.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearms_policy_in_the_United_Kingdom

What's happening in Switzerland?

That's the funniest bit though, the Swiss are only part of Schengen not the EU.

Attached: 1533184583067.jpg (698x698, 30K)

>press E to celebrate all the dank surp we'll be getting Edition

You are getting shit.

will slurp for surp

the west is commuting mass suicide! Death by Lemming

There is a billion gooks and a billion Indians just east of these cucks and they are disarming in mass....

Attached: 1520723612081.jpg (898x1024, 89K)

A pawnshop has a Springfield 1903, 90k serial number in okay shape for 1250. Is it worth it? What should I look for if it is? And how about the heat treatment issue?
>pic msg related

Attached: 20180908_161859-1.jpg (2582x1936, 1.01M)

My vz58's locking lugs broke while shooting.. I didn't know until I took it apart afterwards to clean it but sure enough they broke in half. At best the part was from 1992 and at worst it was from 1977. Thank god unissued replacements aren't expensive and thank god I still have my fingers

Attached: scaryvz58.jpg (1072x1920, 197K)

I want to trade my hungarian m44 for this guy's m39. how much should I offer him on top of my gun? he's trying to sell it for $600 but I know he'll take $550.

fuck no. 90k is before they fixed the heat treatment issue and even if it wasn't 1250 is way too high unless it's in mint condition.

The boomers must be getting to me. Most 1903s at gun shows near me start at $1300, I've never seen one under $1000

$1000 is about the max you should pay for one.

>page 9
We're not even 100 posts in yet, this can't die yet. Also, F Switzerland, E for the guns though.