What's a good SHTF plate carrier that won't send me into bankruptcy? Or is splurging the way to go?

What's a good SHTF plate carrier that won't send me into bankruptcy? Or is splurging the way to go?

Attached: M1BI31u.jpg (600x315, 22K)

>he plans on standing in front of bullets

Attached: 1581cedabf1fe1ebd03e5408c6c4330f_w200.gif (200x150, 123K)

Based Flapjackposter

Depends on what form your faggot SHTF scenario takes. Do you still need to blend in? Steel plates with minimal spall coating in a minimal carrier, keep gear seperate in a briefcase or some shit i dont care. Going to be wearing this on foot for days? Pay extra, get light ceramics or PE unless you live in fucking death valley or something. What does it need to stop? Are you going up against a colonial gunline of WW2 vets with M2 AP in their garands? Do you expect to have to absorb multiple .338 Lapua to the back while your partner assembles the handi-rifle?

Jesus.

You buy the most discreet shit, you can, and if you need it, you throw a chest rig over it. No one should actually be out in a fucking juggernaut rig on day of the rope. You don't catch bullets, you avoid them. And so something you can layer and blend in if you need to is key.

>is something that could save my life worth putting extra money to?
You won't make it.

>Do you expect to have to absorb multiple .338 Lapua to the back while your partner assembles the handi-rifle?
That man put's his life on the line every day so we can go to the shopping mall in peace. He's the original sheep dog, and you will respect him.

I entertained the thought of getting some AR500 plates and plate carrier at one point but figured I'd be better off just using that money to buy more ammo & reloading supplies so I could go shooting some more instead.

No, but I'd rather have a chance of making it if I'm unlucky enough to catch one.
Current generic plan is to get to my noguns parents' house and bug in there.
I said I was open to coughing up some shekels!

Get a slickster, or a velocity systems PC. I forget what it's called, but Mayflower rebranded, and it's their version of the slick. It will take soft inserts as well as plates, and it has buckles for a chest rig rack.

What about for people who live in urban areas and plan to bug in because the roads will be fucked instantly. I'm thinking cheap heavy steel with truck bed spall coating so I can afford a few spare sets for Jow Forumsomrades

If you're buying something that your life depends on. Then don't cheap out on it

Attached: 1556497063062.png (967x1735, 836K)

kek, makes me think about the little kid in A Christmas Story who was wearing so much shit that he couldn't get up off his back when he fell down.

Plates would be good for SHTF if you're gonna bunker up. If your'e gonna move you should carry more water instead of armor. I don't know where you live but down here in the dirty south you can't carry enough water to survive outside for long in the summer especially if you're exerting yourself. Just something to think about before you spend money...

urban areas are going to be hellholes. Too many people, too little food, too much matter to burn. Suburban areas can almost function normally, mostly if there's a dominant religion in the area and it's shared by local farmers/providers. Unless you have a bunker, you probably need to consider options to get out of urbia.

Shhh don’t tell them. I’m counting on aquiring resupply/trade-items from anons heat-catting to death, thinking their collections of AR-15’s and Multicam-painted nylon will make them invincible during a happening.

So shoot them in the dick?

Buy my 6b45 vest
I can also get you 6b43

Do you not play tarkov? Leg strats.

a PC is just for the piece of mind unless you go full juggernaut mode, youll be fucked, realistic combat engagements would be long range and ambush CQC in SHTF, youll either be sniped from a long distance giving the person time to head shot you or ambush you turning you into a bullet sponge. youre beter of with situational awareness and camouflaged

Plate carrier? I'd just hop into my car and drive around until I find somewhere relatively safe to live in.

Attached: 1506966911041.jpg (896x564, 236K)

There is a lot of casual looking clothing that either has level IIIA protection in it or that can be modified to contain it. Wearing a plate carrier of one type or another under something like a leather jacket or a heavy coat is doable, but I wouldn't want to run around dressed like a combatant if shit were hitting the fan. The concealable stuff that looks innocuous is good enough to stand up to pistol rounds, can be modified to offer full body coverage, and doesn't scream "shoot me I'm here to fight". That's all I really need.