Bought pic related. Did I do good? Or is the older UV5R better?

Bought pic related. Did I do good? Or is the older UV5R better?

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (800x800, 103K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4jbeReBheEc
youtube.com/watch?v=MjlaHj3uVAs
youtube.com/watch?v=zlQqQKIWEVE
youtube.com/watch?v=YUG_LgQFF6w
youtube.com/watch?v=Dtp5FoSpjGM
tr.aliexpress.com/item/Z-Tactical-H50-Hunting-Shooting-Game-Advanced-Headset-with-Waterproof-TCI-PTT-For-BaoFeng-UV-5R/32809618991.html
youtube.com/watch?v=mtwHth-ImQE
youtube.com/watch?v=UH_WaiOSC9s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: 1531933705404.jpg (554x2258, 485K)

open back up see if there is a FCC sticker on the battery or radio side.. If not ITS ILLEGAL! Get caught using it and it will be taken away and you could get up to a $50K fine and jail...Baofeng it baby!

not a weapon

Is there another radio that's a step up from a uv5r that isn't a FT-60?

I mostly use the uv5r for radio and police scanners near me, along with the occasional GMRS/FRS when camping. But it's annoying to have no way to knock out channels from the scanning without using CHIRP, and NOAA shit is pretty handy here during power outages or out in the boonies.

an FT60 isnt much to write home about itself but at least its not total junk like the baofeng toys

Yeah.

It's part of a weapon system you absolute mong. Go into battle like a rhodie with nothing but short shorts, a FAL, and a limp dick. See what happens

Dude, anything more than the uv5r is wasted on me anyway. I'm not licensed, I'm not even really interested in amateur radio as a hobby.

I'm just annoyed at the Baofeng UI on the actual handsets.

I probably don't even need the FT60. I'm not licensed, so I don't transmit on 2m or 70cm. I really just need a handset that does FRS/GMRS, NOAA, and scans specific channels within VHF/UHF for storm spotters and local sheriff stuff.

I'm just fed up with the UV5R interface.

Were you a hall monitor as a kid?

>implying the fcc kicks doors open to search people's property for 'illegal' radios
if he isn't doing something stupid there's literally no way they're going to find out

How do people even caught using illegal baofeng radios anyway? If they were so illegal why do Ebay and Amazon sell them? Might as well sell other illegal things too.

>Go into battle like a rhodie with nothing but short shorts, a FAL, and a limp dick.
The best warriors go into battle with RAGING BONERS. Nothing intimidates the enemy more than being surprised by your rock hard pitched tent

Playing around too much on the wrong channel. If you're not licensed then find an empty channel by monitoring some random ones, then only transmit a little bit. As to how they find people? I don't know. Probably user stupidity.

Apparently if you piss off the wrong radio autist (seems like this is easy to do) they can drive around pointing some antenna around and track the signal as it gets stronger. Then call the FCC

No, but if he is arrested for something completely unrelated or has his car towed and searched, he will be fuct beyond belief over something this pathetic.
Same logic goes with sbr's and oil filters. No one is coming for them until they do.

Yeah, I’m sure some podunk deputy or tow truck driver is going to instantly notice you have an illegal radio and alert the feds.

>if he is arrested for something completely unrelated or has his car towed and searched, he will be fuct beyond belief
Does being this full of shit hurt? Like can you feel yourself physically tearing at the seams?

>hurr duh not wanting a guy to get screwed for no reason makes you a faggot, duhhh.

Attached: 1555535214795.png (718x802, 585K)

The most dangerous weapon in the military is a radio.

No, I called you a liar-liar-pants-on-fire, not a homosexual. I also implied you were fat.

>hurr duh not wanting a guy to get screwed for no reason makes you a faggot, duhhh.
Eat shit and neck yourself.

Attached: 1556829194224.gif (480x480, 2.89M)

u did good

Attached: 1527653328256.jpg (1078x851, 106K)

Idk if you are memeing..not OP but I also want a baofeng but that pic seems like its a bit worse than the others. Or am I just retarded?

you're just retarded. those two features are undesirable.
OP's radio is just a 3rd gen of UV5R with a lot more power.

Having over 5 watts come out of a hand held is not good in my professional opinion because it has no ground plane so energy gets reflected and leads to high VSWR which may damage the radio

/ radio tech

It's fine for what it is. Get a second and have a set of really good walkie talkies

did you know if your listening to a police radio frequency while committing a "crime" you will get bent over very quickly! They are legal to listen to if not encrypted, but if you do and say your speeding or have drugs on you, you can get hit with extra charges and I think one is federal...HAve fun with that $20 radio folks!

Attached: 1479688575565.png (291x300, 128K)

>t. pic related

Attached: Senior-Man-Uses-Ham-Radio-Amateur-Radio.jpg.638x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg (638x423, 56K)

>I think one is federal
It's not. There are two types of restrictions, in a car, or in furtherance of a crime. The former only applies to the following states: Florida, Kentucky, Indiana, Minnesota, and New York. The latter applies only in 10 states, and only RI has a felony charge, to my knowledge.

So bottom line is BF-F8HP is th ebest with the UV5R close behind. As far as Chinese stuff goes.

What about thing here at home, whats the best for the price? Whats the main Baofeng competitor?

>Whats the main Baofeng competitor?

Attached: download.jpg (259x194, 10K)

There's isn't one in the price range desu

Welcome to Jow Forums, Jow Forums's weapons board. Our board centers around weapons, armor, and other myriad military technology. While guns are the primary topic, threads involving any other sort of weapons, from swords and knives to tanks and jet fighters, come up frequently as well.

>>/toy/
>/diy/

>military technology
According to this user the military doesn’t use any radios ever

>military technology
>military doesnt use radios
I did not know that.

It's a walkie talkie.

Why does it cost 2x on amazon compared to everywhere else

Attached: 1544446030843.jpg (259x194, 12K)

And what frequencies do walkie-talkies utilize, user?

I also just got a BF-F8HP, nice.

Ebay? Yesterday?

You type like a boomer, and you are a decade out of date.

Attached: 2019-05-03 18.36.07.jpg (1488x1979, 1.95M)

thats the only model that has it!

Attached: $.jpg (650x488, 42K)

I never realized that I could troll boomers so hard with just a $62 radio. Incredible. It's already worth the money and I haven't even programmed it yet.

Baofeng UV-82C masterrace.
Like the UV5R, but better. And now in 10W

youtube.com/watch?v=4jbeReBheEc

youtube.com/watch?v=MjlaHj3uVAs

Baofeng haters BTFO

youtube.com/watch?v=zlQqQKIWEVE

Go the fuck away LMJ you already got banned for this shit.

What does the UV-82C have that the UV-82 doesn't apart from FCC Part 90 compliance? Should I want that?

Attached: ruff_news.jpg (768x1024, 65K)

But is 10 watts from a handheld even useful?

I just ordered this plus better antenna USB cord and dummies guide.bi know absolutely nothing about this, but am really excited to get it tomorrow.

Attached: Screenshot_20190503-192030_Amazon Shopping.jpg (1080x857, 287K)

I got the recommended Nagoya whip and goddamn this thing is long, it is fucking huge.

>Nagoya whip
Why should I get this over the standard antennae

It appears the UV-82C is limited to narrowband (unless you enable wideband using CHIRP), while the regular UV-82 can use narrowband or wideband.

I'm not sure if this an advantage or disadvantage since it's not clear to me when/why I'd use one or the other.

>It's part of a weapon system

What underwear and socks would you recommend as part of a weapon system?

So why don't you just use CHIRP? It's free and simple

Definitely not the military underwear, those brown bastards will cut into you.

Aftermarket antennas can get you better TX/RX than the stock antenna. Bigger is better, generally.

youtube.com/watch?v=YUG_LgQFF6w

Attached: sacrifice.jpg (750x517, 99K)

Only if you are continually broadcasting from the same location or if they've got good data from multiple locations around you.

Is Yaesu any good? Which one should I get? They seem pretty pricey.

Yes Nagoya NA-771 is what you want.

Is this the 15.5 inch.

It's a long boi, that's for sure.

>Baofeng radio
Enjoy having all your transmissions sent directly to the Chinese government

Unless you're a nerd using CHIRP, what mechanism for transmission are they using? Secret MURS radio towers hidden in defunct Radio Shacks? Clandestine operatives in the back of every Panda Express?

>Clandestine operatives in the back of every Panda Express?
Gave me a good chuckle user

You might want to be more worried about the Chinese electronics in your cell phone, the cell phone tower, your laptop, your wireless adapter, your internett router, the routers of your internet provider, the camera in your laptop and cellphone, and the circuits in your vibrating dragon dildo. Somewhere in Guanxhou sits a system operator holding his head in horror and saying in mandarin; "Oh Mao not this guy again!"

I recently picked up a UV-5R so I can listen to police and fire channels. It feels a little cheap but it was $25, so that's expected. Does anyone know if there is a better belt clip available? Worried I'll snap the one that came with the radio.

Is there any info about how this model compares to the UV-5R in terms of electronics/performance? Is it a different chipset or the same radio in a different chassis?

Attached: baofeng.jpg (792x3458, 561K)

I have the UV-82. Its worked well for my purposes, which is mostly listening to NORAD weather reports when I'm innawoods and also to have a means of communication should my cell phone fail.

youtube.com/watch?v=Dtp5FoSpjGM

Attached: Baofeng-UV-9R-Waterproof-Speaker-Mic-Microphone-For-BaoFeng-UV-XR-UV-9R-Plus-GT-3WP.jpg (800x800, 118K)

So, Im a retard when it comes to these things but id really like something like a baofang to connect to a set of electronic hearing protection with a mic.
Does it exist? Is there a way to hook the baofang up to this earpro?
Id like to stay under $200 total but Im somewhat open to more

The answer is, Totally YES

tr.aliexpress.com/item/Z-Tactical-H50-Hunting-Shooting-Game-Advanced-Headset-with-Waterproof-TCI-PTT-For-BaoFeng-UV-5R/32809618991.html

Attached: Z-Tactical-H50-Hunting-Shooting-Game-Advanced-Headset-with-Waterproof-TCI-PTT-For-BaoFeng-UV-5R.jpg_ (640x640, 37K)

Anyone get one of these to work on their Feng?

Attached: TB2Hr_FbFXXXXXXXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!139187155.jpg (750x421, 194K)

will be doing some research on the brand and model, thanks user

They're a pain in the dick and diminishing returns kicks in fast. Make life easy and stick with the Nagoya.

>its not thing
>its slang for said thing
Nice argument retard

bump cuz radio knowledge is good

Attached: 1556957417071.png (545x471, 160K)

What do you guys even do with these? Just fuck with radio autists and listen to police scanners?

youtube.com/watch?v=mtwHth-ImQE

I'm a volunteer firefighter so I use mine as a backup/at home radio. I can monitor the Police/EMS/Fire channels while keeping my district radio charged and ready.
I also listen to NOAA weather and talk to neighbors on FRS channels. They're good cheap fun.

Attached: beavis_butthead.jpg (960x938, 123K)

youtube.com/watch?v=UH_WaiOSC9s

>people still remember Legal Mumbo Jumbo

I'm glad there are some oldfriends still around.

So... how do you modify it to get cell signals?

i love how you can tell its a boomer because of exclamation points and ellipsis. every time.

needed this

Based af

Attached: 15570253612683595354578658163463.jpg (4032x2268, 2.1M)

Searching for hobbies
No land to plant an orchid
Must feed katana

>another thread for HAM boomers to chimp out in
second post already has a boomer crying about Baofengs being illegal

Ya

Is there a story behind this pic?

HAMtards absolutely HATE Baofengs because "muh sooper sekrit raydeeoh klub" bullshit.

Baofengs are just garbage. That is why people hate them.

Hi Boomer.

I use $1500 BK radios for work.

A Baofeng is -NOT- a KNG P150 but they're fucking phenomenal for what they cost.