Titan Missile Silo for sale

So when are we going to have our own missile silo base for Jow Forumsommandos when SHTF guys? Only $360,000!

loopnet.com/Listing/24665-S-Highway-79-Oracle-AZ/13478251/

Attached: MissleSilo.png (1275x626, 1.22M)

Other urls found in this thread:

mapfling.com/qmgzqsz
redfin.com/tours/checkout/date?listingId=103262239&agentId=4008&date=1556866800000&isRequestingForPartner=true&inquirySource=88
missilebases.com/copy-of-atlas-f-abilene
missilebases.com/properties
twitter.com/AnonBabble

would be awesome to make a comfy multiple floor bunker from the silo alone. if you have the 360k to buy it, you probably have the change to make it nice.

We could just take over the one that’s preserved as the museum. Atleast the doors and shit still work

Looks rusted to shit and theres a section caved in on one of the pictures

who cares, it's cheap as fuck. and cool as fuck. if you invest the same cash into restoring it properly, the whole thing is a fucking dream. i always wanted to live underground and never see the sun again, fucking awesome.

I just submitted a lowball offer, we'll see if they even respond

It's seismically isolated on giant springs, right? You could fuck a deathclaw and nobody outside would be able to hear

How much of a low-ball user?

Hes probably desperate to sell it before it collapses

Not gonna lie, owning a missile silo would be amazing

Not potentially. I'd have to check how long its been listed but there are companies that buy these and flip them for the ultra wealthy. A finished silo can net a few mil.

The silo and tunnel to the silo is usually intentionally destroyed on these things. I've seen a few where they werent, or maybe were dug out by someone, but typically I see them caved in like that.

Looking at the listing, it hasn't been up or available for long. The one collapsed tunnel is the tunnel to the Silo itself which sucks, so there's no photos of the silo interior, only the living and control quarters. They must have accessed the silo from the surface to decommission it or the Silo hasn't been accessed at all for its listing.

this is why we can't have nice threads here on k user... This is what happens man!

Attached: 416a42d267ac391f68051344f84409d5.jpg (640x426, 59K)

Wait so the big missile area is not accessible?

$150k

They have images of the blast door open and closed, def still workable. :p

Biggest cost for restoration would probably be the Hazmat crew required to remove all the Lead paint and asbestos.... Then a crew to rust inhibit, sand, prime and paint.

Next largest costs would be drinkable water and septic, and HVAC.

Adding in new stairs and doors where needed.

Digging out and rebuilding the destroyed tunnel to the silo would be the last big ticket item and could cost well into six figures as the silo tunnel is the longest and how much was destroyed is unknown.

If you want it posh AF, prob close to a Mil with land purchase, when done. If you want it livable and near how it would have been when operated, it could prob be done for half that with the bulk of the cost going to hazmat and construction to rebuild access.

Dude the tunnel to the silo is completely collapsed.

Not from inside. It may be possible to cut into it from the surface, and that may be how it was decommissioned initially. Nothing would stop you from regaining access to that area.

Since its seismically stable, the tunnel was most likely intentionally destroyed as has already been stated. It was most likely done after initial decommissioning, or after it was abandoned and later decommissioned and stripped.

You good for the money if he responds?

the control center is isolated on giant albeit slightly rusty springs

>Adding in new stairs and doors where needed.
Wouldn't it be possible to crane an old elevator out of some building that's about to be demolished for just virtually just the logistical costs? And since it was a missile silo, there might even be infrastructure left.
What we should really worry about are pirates!

Attached: sdfdsfgsg.jpg (225x224, 9K)

not unless I could get a VA home loan for it, I'm sure they have all kids of people contacting them with stupid low offers, I'm sure mine will go into the trash

I mean an elevator would absolutely aid basically every undertaking in the future, from refurbishing to excavations
Would be worth every penny from the first second.

Elevators and their installation are tend to cost upwards of a few hundred K in commercial applications, and require you to somehow get it inside of a fucking silo, most elevators are placed in their shaft before the building is finished.

A hydraulic lift would be your only bet. Especially for the large square room, a hydraulic floor could be installed instead of stairs, prob for 50x the cost. But sure. But a normally cable lift wouldn't really work... But who knows.

VA Homeloan won't apply to that sort of property. Basically needs to be turn key livable with minimal repairs needed and an evaluation done by a VA appraiser.

The tension those springs must be under would give me nightmares, especially with how little protection they seem to have. A shock on a car can kill if it decompresses rapidly. Imagine those springs shooting across the room... Restoration costs on them would prob be spendy as well but could be done one at a time I'd assume.

A cable lift from the Silo with just a bucket would prob be a better bet for restoration. I'm assuming there's a way to cut into the silo from the surface, excavate the tunnel from the silo side using a bucket lift and then use it to bring down equipment for other work.

Even the road is asphalted, this is MINT!

Nugget fest hosted here once anons complete renovations?

>Biggest cost for restoration would probably be the Hazmat crew required to remove all the Lead paint and asbestos
This. Also, Titan IIs ran on some nasty hypergolic liquid fuels. The whole place is probably a fucking superfund site.

On further investigation I would try to find a mine that closed down for good and see what I could scavenge from that. They relocated an entire steel plant from west Germany to china in the 80s, can't see where some guy with a torch, a crane and a flatbed shouldn't cut a few corners... I'd try to break into the room where the staircase was.

mapfling.com/qmgzqsz

I guess the A marker is the old silo and
the B marker is the enterance point from the angle and lack of plants to eachothers.
C should be where the command center dome should be. I also guess that the straight line between A and B is is an old path to the silo doors, or remnant of the construction/ destruction...

Best case would be that they just dumped sand on the doors, worst, that they would have filled it to the brim, that would have proven costly.

Attached: MISSILE SILO HOME_1541275813796.jpg_61070199_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

I cant see someone making money on it

I wouldn't offer more than $130,000. It's only 13 acres with a hole in the ground that needs an overhaul and probably asbestos removal.

Ah yes, I haven't been out to that one yet. I knew it was pretty much in pristine condition compared to the others around Tucson that have been completely decommissioned and destroyed.

they know the market, someone out there will think it's a great investment and be willing to pay the asking price, even if they are ready to take a lower offer of say $50-100k below list

Jow Forumsommando fest 2021 : missile silo edition

Attached: green-door.jpg (968x681, 60K)

any AZ anons here? Go schedule a tour and bring back pics
redfin.com/tours/checkout/date?listingId=103262239&agentId=4008&date=1556866800000&isRequestingForPartner=true&inquirySource=88

Part of the treaty was to decommission the site by imploding the silo in on itself and filling it in.

Prob hoping a rich dude, or a company buys it. Overhauled silos made to be ultra modern inside can fetch a pretty penny. This one is in better shape than some and has a paved access road already. If someone gets it for 2-300 and drops drops up to 500-800K in renovations and building they could still turn a profit. Especially if they already have connections for restoration that can lower their cost vs if a average Joe took it on.

This would be shitty if true. If the Silo is entirely filled in, I think asking would have to come down.... I don't know if I could value the living quarter and command quarter alone at 360k.... Maybe half that... The Silo is the largest, workable space typically and gives you a lot of vertical build room for storage, grow space, etc.

I just looked this up. Its correct. The silo is entirely imploded and unusable for all Titan II sites.

The launch control center and living quarters are the deepest, and most hardened part of the base available for building.

wow fuck climbing down/up that 100 foot ladder.

They probably aren't trying to get an eccentric millionaire to buy it and restore, they are probably trying to get a developer to subdivide and build houses. 13 acres .5 acres or less per lot, 26-35 houses for 200k each. ~6 million in revanue.

if you got the cash to buy that, an ascalator wouldn't be that much i guess. also, why the fuck would you ever want to leave it, just get a shitload of supplies and never see the sun again

problem is that this silo is still being targeted by foreign nukes.
it'd be a shit place to hide in case of nuke war.

>The Silo is the largest, workable space typically and gives you a lot of vertical build room for storage, grow space, etc.
specially considering the ease of access from above

Here's an Atlas F base for 425k that is basically turn key livable. Waaay better deal.

Same site has an Atlas E base for 3.2 million that is fucking amazing. Has a home on site, private stocked lake, a fucking sacrifice alter, solar, turn key, and is a fucking massive complex.

missilebases.com/copy-of-atlas-f-abilene

I live close by it, might check it out

But user, this is a nice thread. Fucking the local wildlife isn't going to lower the quality anymore than it already is. Where do you think we are?

youtube the channel "Death Wears Bunny Slippers"

425k gets you
19 acres, 10 of which are in a high security fence.
3 bedrooms and a whirlpool tub
Onsite water well
Geothermal heat pump
Dual water heaters, dual sewage pumps
22 solar panels
Onsite generator.

Vs a rusted hole for 360k

to be fair half of that is not eve mentionworthy talking about 100.000s, what really matters here is that it's actually properly refurbished structure. and insulation wise... and that the one thing is in the fucking desert, while the other one is in actually livable climate

>Death Wears Bunny Slippers
came here to say this. dudes got $$$$$

Attached: 'nam.jpg (125x95, 2K)

How did people even get these properties to begin with

It builds character.

Where is bunkerbro when you need him.

>tfw your country didn’t develop a nuclear arsenal to give rise to the prospect of buying a silo

.gov auctions?

I don't want to go to fuckin arizona

I'm sure a few Jow Forumsommandos in those trades wouldn't mind sending their services for a couple days here and there, a crowd funding of this could result in an impressively cheap base of Jow Forums operations complete with above ground range. I can see it now
>Walking through desert start hearing noise in the distance
>Approach source of noise
> See hole in ground with rusted metal and a ladder leading down into pitch darkness
>Hear the sounds of AKs being racked amongst tons of of other firearm actions being cycled.
>You hear STALKER radio with lots of laughing and cheerful noise
>The smell of cosmoline, sausage and potatoes and hard alcohol is wafting up through the hole.
>Finally you see a sign welded to the entrance near the ladder
>"Jow Forumsommandos welcome, niggers and kikes keep out"

holyfug will Jow Forums have an underground clubhouse?

We Metro now boys

Attached: FB_IMG_1531653465346.jpg (480x732, 23K)

missilebases.com/properties

what about this site? Is it legit and are any of the properties good enough for Jow Forums to buy?

its likely the silo never even contained a missile and liquid rockets were normally fueled immediately before launch.

I know in my area of the country, many Nike missile batteries have been repurposed and those also ran on some nasty liquid fuels.

I would be more concerned about more munndane but equally hazardous stuff, like radon and the aforementioned asbestos

as far as chemical spills, the gov would remediate that before allowing it to be released to the public in most circumstances. actual superfund sites have a lot of laws and requirements that need to be met

everywhere on the planet is "livable climate" when you're 5 meters underground.

>still being targeted by foreign nukes

yes, because governments have nuclear resources to waste targeting nuclear sites that have been decommissioned for 40 years that held missiles that havent been in the US inventory for 50 fucking years.

way better than using a nuke on an actual target.

get your head out of your ass

Sucks to be a yuropoor

Looks super legit bro but i havent bought any missile silos in a while

What a literal shithole lmao

Its a chance for Jow Forumsommandos to bond fixing it up

>Only $360,000!
With or without the missile?