What was a Saturday Night Special? Just any small cheap burner back then but with a fancier name?

What was a Saturday Night Special? Just any small cheap burner back then but with a fancier name?

Attached: 3059.jpg (1000x579, 60K)

I refer you to the song.
Its only purpose is to "put a man 6 feet in the ground."

Burner gun. cheap. poorly maintained. cheap. Used by criminals.

.38 revolver

Saturday night specials are old basement workshop kinda handguns made out if inferior quality parts on the cheap in low pressure cartridges such as .25 ACP, .22lr, etc.

They cost anywhere from 50-200 bucks and are usually easily concealed.

liberal buddy of mine was arguing that saturday night special laws disenfranchised black people's second amendment rights

Not really anymore.
With legitimate company's such a Raven, Jimenez, Highpoint, and budget shotguns by Stevens, mossberg, and Remington... Its easier to get a firearm on a budget than it ever has been before.

>disenfranchised black people's second amendment rights
They disenfranchised poors, not just blacks. They disenfranchise them because they're more likely to commit crimes. It's the only kind of regulation that targets criminals rather than responsible gun owners.

>liberal buddy of mine
There's your problem right there.

That's silly. It's a class thing, not a race thing. Nothing stopping black Americans from buying an HK.

>barrel is blue; cold
>ain't good for nothing
>puts people in holes
checks out

I have that very gun. Mine is .32 s&w but it is out of time and would act more like a hand grenade then a gun. Iver johnson was the og Hi Point of its day.

shameless self bump

Tell your lib friend he just called niggers poor.

White poors should be able to own guns

Niggers should have been sent back to Africa after the civil war

Most saturday night specials were cheap import guns before the 68 cuck law was created. After that a lot of those companies set up shop here and started making them by the truckloads. Most were small .25 autos made of pot metal.

I'd really like to know how Taurus hasn't been barred from selling in the US. All their piece of SHIT guns are Saturday Night Specials.

Agreed

>liberal aware that melt temp and drop test and etc. laws are only there to disarm niggers and the poors
>solution is that guns should be banned for everyone in the name of equality
there is no such thing as a progun liberal

Taurus has been actually getting somewhat half decent in the past handful of years. It's not as if it's something I'd recommend anyone pick over anything, but at this point I think it's safe to say it's better to have a taurus g2c over nothing, which can't be said for Cobra Arms and other similar.

It's a shame some that washed up actor killed the guy who was going to make It happen.

Shitty unreliable potmetal revolvers, almost always .22 LR, almost always foreign made, very commonly found in pawn shops and at crime scenes from the 1920s on until around 1990. Before the GCA/68 in some states they could sell them by mail order. Were once favored by Basketball-Americans for gut-shooting cheating babymammas, foos that wanted to deal rock on a playground already claimed by a different gang, cops, and random honkeys in "gang nitiations." They are still out there in millions but now Rastus and Paco favor Hi-Point and Jimenez products in 9mm.

The existence and proliferation of such firearms is the reason behind the oft-quoted statistic that over the course of the 20th Century, in the US, more people died from being shot with a .22 LR than all other calibers and all other firearms combined. That hasn't been true since around 2000 due to their gradual replacement with cheap shitty potmetal semiautos in 9mm.

Attached: RG10.jpg (725x619, 122K)

I used to have a prewar Iver Johnson .22 revolver. It was made of steel, all milled forgings, and actually worked. Don't insult it by comparing it to potmetal Hi-Point garbage.

>Taurus has been actually getting somewhat half decent in the past handful of years.

That's a meme. Taurus products have always been absolute unmitigated garbage. Everyone in the "gun culture" knew this before Taurus started taking out full-page ads in the glossy print dead-tree gun magazines in the early 80s. Ever since then the magazines have featured glowing reviews of Taurus products, usually saying in the first paragraph, "Taurus USED TO make garbage, but now they're getting their shit together and their stuff is really good for the money." Which is bullshit.

The only halfway decent guns Taurus ever made were their Beretta 92 clones, because those are made with parts from a production line for military firearms (and I never heard of one of their slides fracturing and hitting the user in the face, unlike the Beretta of which they are a copy). And then there's a big step back to Taurus revolvers of the 50s and 60s, back when they made a semi-okay copy of S&W Model 10s for the Brazilian police and military, on prewar S&W tooling--which got thrown away in the 70s in favor of cast parts and MIM, which gives the sort of "quality" shown in the attached picture.

Friends don't let friends buy Taurus products.

Attached: meanwhile_at_Taurus.jpg (1024x768, 84K)

What in the goddamn

Attached: hqdefault.png (480x360, 79K)

The same thing fails most often in jokes as in revolvers: timing.

It'd probably help if he used rounds that had primers in them

>implying hi point is bad

high point is arguable but trash like jimenez and jennings are 100% saturday night special

how does timing fail in a revolver?

depends on the gun

>Taurus is so bad their guns make primers vanish
Really makes me think

I am starting a Saturday night special collection desu. I got a DB380 and plan for a Hipoint in 9mm. What next in the essential SNS collection?

A Rohm or Clerke .22 LR revolver. Nickel plated ones were especially popular among a certain demographic that likes shiny things.

Attached: Clerke_img_0126.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg (800x531, 284K)

There's a lot of different kinds, but mostly they were extremely cheaply made, junky handguns with spotty reliability. They're still cheap now and really fun to own.

Attached: IMG_20190422_172949278.jpg (4032x2268, 2.22M)

You need a Raven p25 or mp25. They're excellent and shit at the same time

That can't be a mistake, that many strikes has to be intentional