Psak

I'm going to buy a psa ak
Realistically what can I expect?

Attached: poly_odg_1_1.jpg (1200x455, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XxrOr2rC6BU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A whole lotta bullshit, motherfucker

Like what?

This is the stalker ak. You can expect that you will get a Kalashnikov platform. You know how Kalashnikov works. You can clean it with saliva, or olive oil.

Subpar quality and reduced longevity compared to a WASR-10.

a psashit

Yeah.

They stopped using cast parts in favor of forged stuff so they should be good to go. Definitely give it a full inspection before you accept it from the ffl tho, same deal as WASRs

avoid the gen 1 and 2, get the gen 3.

I honestly dont have any clue how the 3rd gen with forged parts is.
I dont remember anything being wrong on them other than some cast parts so they should be G2G now.

The ak unions review on youtube looks good on the gf3s I bought a plum one before they sold out today

I know they're in stock and want to jump on one but I think I'll wait for a 4th of July sale
Hope they'll be in again by then

Are the ones with wood furniture ever going to be in stock again?

Attached: akred2_3.jpg (370x370, 9K)

I wouldn't expect more than maybe $20 off they sell like hot cakes from an economic stand point a sale wouldn't make since. Expect a big AR 10 308 sale July 4th instead

I watch on a regular and only saw them in stock twice since release

I want the triangle folder but

1 out of stock
2 AKOU hasnt finished the review

Damn, too bad.

I've never seen the folder instock, the triangle one that is. It would be real cool. It must sell for like $650

why don’t you guys just get a bulgarian, all these cheap ones have so many problems

Boss told us today that the whole team's gonna be doing OT next week for office support. Reeeeeeaaaallllly tempted to spend the slavebux on that plum furniture model.

I can't drop 1k on an ak

then don’t buy one at all, literally no platform today has more problems than these shitty aks. even my sam7r doesn’t have a great finish, but at least I know it won’t tear itself apart like all the others

buy a $650 WASR you retard.

sure, do this, if you want to have to file down your mag well, replace the mag latch, have butt ugly riveting, and have ridiculously canted sights. all the qc issues are back since mid 2018. buy bulgarians or veprs or choose a better gun

Own gen 2 as home defense gun.

Reliable, 2k rounds through it with no problem. Got a Fab defense top rail and Magpul furniture. Don't know what everyone else is expecting out of it but if I does break psa has always been good about their warranty

Attached: IMG_20190503_143437.jpg (4228x2952, 2.85M)

lol

>2krds
lol

Attached: F O R G E D.jpg (2960x1440, 1007K)

>plum was in stock last night
>check this morning, like half the lineup sold out overnight.
Fuck. That plum looked really cool. Are the fagpul setups any good?

Attached: hope this shit doesn't sell out completely before I get paid.jpg (740x707, 61K)

What part is that?

Locking lug of the front fuckin trunnion
AKA the part the gen3 """fixed"""

Reminder the gen2 still has a cast rear trunnion too so there is still a non-zero chance of pic related happening

Attached: PSAK.jpg (640x1138, 37K)

You can expect a typical budget ak, but with a decent warranty so if anything is ever wrong with it, they will make it right

I own a gen 2. Maybe have 3k through it, no issues so far. Little bit more wear on the front trunnion than I'd like but everything else looks great. I do genuinely believe I got lucky with mine. I might end up getting one of the "upgraded" ones they had at shotshow eventually.

That furniture is ugly as fuck anyways. Just buy one with polymer furniture, remove it and sell it, then buy some surplus wood/bakelite.

Trips of truth
What generation is that rifle? This thread is perfect because I was about to come and post the same question.

Well it looks like it's AKOU's gun based on the massive watermark so just reverse search it and you should find the article it's from.

>spend 1 days wages more to get a tried and true quality AK without the hideous furniture
>heh nah I'll get a PSAK and hope for the best lol

It's the gen3 AKOU is currently testing

OK giddy

Fingerfucked one a month or two at their Columbia store, my only complaints are that they are drenched in oil out of the box and that the trigger feels meh (I’m biased and spoiled by Vepr triggers though). At this point, their GF3 version is pre-2015 WASR tier, inspect before buying, but functional.

This came about after 2k rounds test

>paying $1200 for a stamped sheet metal bullet hose

pff ha ha ha ha

here is the most recent,
youtube.com/watch?v=XxrOr2rC6BU

It looks like that bit of material loss on the right side front trunnion really didnt progress anymore. Hes got a new video on the gen 3 coming out soon so i am interested to see if theres going to be anymore material loss or if it was just the parts wearing themselves in.

He has a video on his facebook saying he's at or approaching 4k with no issues but no more detail than that, like if any of the wear progressed.

Yeah I saw that. Await 4k video and hope for the best.

>Realistically what can I expect?
Them being out of stock a lot of the time because they are a quality product at a competitive price with a lifetime warranty

I bought one after the 3k test from AKOU showed no additional wear and he made a post on his facebook about it hitting 4k and still running with no issues. I got the MOEkov in plum. Buddy of mine has had a WASR-10 since 2013 and says he likes mine better in terms of fit and finish, I tend to agree with him. Put a few hundred rounds through it so far and no real complaints, although I realize this is a drop in the bucket. As pointed out, it's dripping in oil out of the box and the trigger is mushy at best. I will most likely replace it, I'm usually all for milspec triggers but there's literally no wall on this thing and I want to know when the break is coming. Also, the components are insanely tight-fitting for an AK, the dust cover alone is a struggle to get off until you wear down some of the receiver. Bolt was a bit tough to charge manually at first but it broke in. It was basically zeroed at 25 yards out of the box, put a Fighter brake on it and it shoots very smooth. Was able to shoot about 4-5 MOA with the irons at 100 yards. While there's still a lot of testing to go, I think the anons who are saying it's dogshit are no more qualified to speak on it than anyone else. It is a risk at this stage, but I took the gamble and am glad so far.

I've never had an AK that gave me problems. Even my shitty 2003 canted to fuck WASR was 100% reliable. I just bought an AKS74 kit on a nodal receiver with non matching parts and it's probably the most solid Al have seen. My NPAPS are getting up there in round count, probably 2500 or so, and showing no signs of wear. Where do you get that idea from?

Why do the PSAs have that puzzle piece when nobody else does this?

>Why do the PSAs have that puzzle piece when nobody else does this?
They were going to do a bunch of proprietary stocks when they released the psak, but abandoned the idea after a while.

can PSAK take other stocks despite this design?

They are compatible with romanian furniture

Yeah it's ultimately compatible
Literally a shittier version of the AKM trunnion for no reason

They HAD a reason, just that reason went down the shitter

shrapnel.... lots of it

>JUST BUY A GODDAMNED WASR YOU RETARD

OK giddy

no

>bullet hose

Attached: download.jpg (271x186, 13K)

that's because all the ak's you bought were all european or mostly european

>canted parts have no effect on the quality of the metal

look around.
Just other day I found a Norinco 56S in shitty easily replaceable furniture for $700 locally.