Damage to your own guns

Ever fucked yourself from the start with a gun?
>be me, 1 hour ago
>been looking at nitro piston rifles for quiet cottage plinking
>go to Cabela's a find Benjamin Trail NP XL
>say fuck it and buy it even though it was overinflated because of the scope
>want to know how loud it is when I get home, too gitty
>don't even read the manual just break the barrel open and dry fire out the window
>bunch of white smoke and a foul smell comes from the breach

Am I retarded boys? I forgot that it wasn't an air gun and that the piston will in fact slam into the pressure face.

>tell stories about how you negligently damaged your own funs

Attached: 1362541288286.jpg (450x600, 29K)

I know it's not a firearm but it's a .22 and has apparently 1100fps. Still need a license for it in leaf land

unrelated but i'm 100% positive I've seen that guy at my university

Chucked an ar upper in a vise and torqued down the barrel nut and squished the upper. Not one of my prouder moments.

Watched a friend put an idiot scratch on a 1911. Didn't even have the barrel in and he's broken the grips on it twice now so par for the course I guess.
I managed to ding a Rem1100 barrel on a stainless hand rail on a boat. The scuff still haunts my dreams.
General stock nicks and dings, but that's just the brice of freedm.

man my 1911 factory grips just broke in half. They were like a soft toffee or fudge-like plastic

Shit, that's one of my biggest fears when installing barrels. Gotta invest in a vise block. I drilled my gas tube hole out on an upper to 5/16" to install a home-made piston system and never finished the job

Tried to load a magazine in a hipoint with the bolt back. Bent the firing pin. Called hipoint and they sent me a 5 pack of pins for free. Love the lifetime warranty lol

Yeah I had a vise block printed and dont have that issue anymore thankfully.

Broke a lee enfield extractor spring yesterday trying to get it out of my spare bolt for my mad max enfield.

By new martini greener ah a barrel that is crazy loose and when I tighten it the parts no longer fit. A conundrum.

Attached: 100_0959 copy.jpg (800x597, 206K)

I dimpled a $350 barrel for a POF dictator gas block without checking the gas tube length. Tube was too long by a 1/4 inch... Barrel was mid-length, pof block was mid length, everything specific to 308, didn't fit. I mocked up other barrels I had with other gas blocks/tubes. Everything fit, the only piece seemingly "out of spec" was the POF gas block.

Called and emailed POF, never got any answer, zero assistance, useless customer service and company overall. Also had a POF drop-in SS trigger that wouldn't fit in 4 different AR15 receivers despite being AR15 specific, had to put it in an AR10 build.

Fuck POF, I don't care how nice their rifles are, you don't put out "standardized" after market parts that aren't fucking standardized. $500 + down the fucking drain.

Attached: 1525981457856.jpg (750x742, 73K)

>take new-to-me mosin out to garage to get all the cosmoline out
>when i finally gave up and realized it will never all be gone i put it back together
>barrel band on backwards
>here's your giant scratch in the wood finish, bro

>bring home brand new 336 TDL
>finger fucking, loading unloading
>gently unload a few cartridges with the muzzle straight up
>here's your dings in your nice wood stock bro

I think I did okay. No idiot marks yet in my $1,400 TRP. Though, I did fuck up one of the mlok slots on my Aero quantum upper because I didn't realize the nut was cocked. It required a bit of filing because it squished the slot a fair bit.

>be me
>own a colt 1911 with serial dating it back to 1946 est manufacturing date.
>owned by some guy, grandad bought from in the 60s, passed down to my dad
>sat in sock drawer for a decade and a half
>dad dies and it’s passed don to me
>take to LGS gun smith to make sure it’s safe to shoot
>”hurr durr see here son we call this hurr an idjut skrajj”
MFW

Attached: 5D7998F5-D876-4148-BBC6-4B1F4F63796F.jpg (700x734, 46K)

>handguns taking tumbles in the cabinet and getting dings because of my clumsy ass fiddling with the racks on the upper shelf

Attached: 1529875530352.jpg (472x480, 35K)

I bought a brand new Mossberg Shockwave 12g and was SO disappointed in Mossberg's delicate flat blue finish that I distressed the piss out of it.

Now I don't worry about scratching it. At all.

Attached: PicsArt_05-03-08.05.23.jpg (1900x484, 225K)

Distress/holster wear looks so nice imo

Used alcohol pads to keep the grease off my wood grips so i could get a good purchase while practicing draws. Started to eat away the finish

Attached: 3EE677FD-5BE8-496E-A0D6-5675B0D507F4.jpg (4032x3024, 1.41M)

me and buddy both buy mint makarovs covered in cosmoline. He decides to take his apart one night and put it back together. Next time I see gun it is totally scratched to shit like he fucked it up with a screw driver or threw it across diamond plated steal...I be like Nigga Please!

Attached: 1499461774050.jpg (825x563, 88K)

It's one of my favorite guns now, but it chaps my ass they can't put a durable finish on it. Plus, it slid down a wall and hit a baseboard heater, which was about 20 minutes after the first scratch!

The action bars showed substantial wear from just finger fucking it a few times before I even shot it. 10 pumps, it was down to bright steel.

So disappointed, but now I'm happy with it.

Last summer
>running a match
>Feeling great, shots on target, moving faster than greased lightning
>bang bang
>next target
>bang bang
>reload.jpg
>slap bolt catch
>it fucking breaks off the receiver
>mfw
Still don’t know if it was a defective parts batch or what. Manufacturer just sent me a new one. Was more pissed about the match.

Attached: CCE25DA6-1BEA-4B98-9AFD-398261F41CB9.jpg (500x336, 19K)

>Hillaryhole

You didn't damage anything of value.

I was given a ww2 issue 1911 when I was 14.
The first time I striped it I scratch the frame. 20 years later the scratch is still visible.

thats pretty cool desu

>carefully strangle gunsafe
>slowly close door
>have trouble in the last 1/8 inch
>push it shut, spin wheel
>hear something fall in there
>Mosin fell on Mauser
>both milsurps got scratched
FUCK

Arrange*
I didn’t strangle my safe

Yes. I stripped the screw head in my brand new A2 buttstock last night, couldn't find a proper size screwdriver but tried removing it anyhow. I'm an idiot. Am currently waiting for JB weld to cure with new slot for another try. Bad feeling about it though...

I've got that same air rifle. Works great.

bent the hand guard retainer latch with a hammer because it was such a bitch to open and close

of an AK*

Bro clamp the barrel not the receiver.

I tried putting the trigger guard roll pin in the wrong side of my FN's lower. I switched sides but still put a small Knick in the paint. I wish I could punch my self.

last week i took my SP5K trigger pack out of the trigger housing and it was a bitch to get th elevers back in and i actually galled the housing and have to send it back to HK now to get repaired.

Dropped my slr104ur factory sbr once when i was drunk but it seems fine. Also had it broke open in a box during shipping it once. Had my CZ75 get knicked when i had it in a hardcase with my cz82 in checked baggage during a flight.