Utah

Someone fill me in on Utah's gun laws and gun culture. Anything to look out for

Attached: Elkinmelk.jpg (3872x2592, 2.65M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Meadows_Massacre
utahgunexchange.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nutnfancy is in Utah, that should probably explain it all for you.

Google not exist where you're from?

It's illegal to drink milk while shooting in Utah

Yeah, watch out for the fucking dumb alcohol laws, retarded hunting regulations/game management, idiot drivers, and idiot mormons. Other than that is ok

>Anything to look out for
Mormons
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Meadows_Massacre

So just like anywhere else?

browning was a mormon from Utah

for good reason

There's a cowboy from the north who's infiltrated the state and is hell-bent on seeing it's wholesale destruction one day.

why though

Genuinely thank you for not saying red pill me on Utah

Redpill me on Utah

>oh no I can't buy my gallon of vodka because it's Sunday and I don't plan ahead because I'm a fucking retarded alcoholic
abloo bloo

Booze laws suck, fuck shit drivers, bars are ok, lots of cali refugees in the valley, housing prices and rent suck, DWR and game wardens are literally Gestapo and the popo are useless. the mormons are not as bad as everyone thinks they are, however they do run the government. high spic/ pineapple population

inna desert, and inna woods make it all worth it.

The gun laws suck and the gun culture is nothing but fudds. The mormons make it horrible for anyone who isn't Mormon.

>have to buy through state run stores
>13% liquor tax
how about no

niggers

Utah is full of heretical mormons and their spic slaves. No joke. You wonder why Mitt Romney is so against Trump? Because Mormons love their beaner pets to do all the manual labor for them.

I live in Salt Lake County. Just about everybody here is either a hard alt-right/alt-lite Trump admirer, a massive SJW, a Latter-Day Saint/Mormon, or a broke Indian. Cut out the SJWs and you have the rest of the state. Despite what people tell you, the Mormons don't run the place, otherwise they could've stopped that lesbian with the weird name from getting elected mayor the last time around.

>The gun laws suck
The only thing wrong with it is no constitutional carry, the heck are you talking about?

Salt lake city fag. This post is pretty much correct. The gun laws are pretty good, people are nice and salt lake count was the only county to vote blue. Not that politics matter on this board, but it tells you that most liberals are centered in one place. He's wrong about the mormons though. The absolutely rule the state. The just passed a law that bans karaoke places from serving alcohol. There was no real reason for it. Also, the citizens voted for medical marijuana and the government said "nope we don't like that so even though you voted for it, it's not going to happen." But I digress, this is getting too far into Jow Forums. The gun laws are pretty great.

Salt Lake blows major fucking ass. I hate that entire valley. Rest of the state is pretty good.

t. Utahn

Same Salt Lake County fag. You have a point, but yeah, we're here for guns and not for debating about whether or not this state is a theocracy.

To get back on topic, since the legislature is still pretty red gun laws are good for now. Handguns require being 21 but rifles and shotguns only need you to be 18 and older. Last time I checked you don't need an ID for private sales, and even ordering online isn't much of a hassle. Our CC permit is one of the best in the nation and is recognized by more than half the other states so even if you don't live there it might be a good idea to get one depending on where you live. (Most of the states that don't recognize it are about the ones you'd expect anyway.)

utah has a nice gun culture, flooded to shit with fudds but some shops will always be better than others. if you are the type to drink, the sinners tax and no sunday liquor stores are lame but buy on a weekday and you should be fine. Mormons are either chill/jack or holier-than-thou which caused an issue for me growing up outside of the good boys club, people will ask what ward you're in to test the waters but in the younger crowd the religion is falling off. tinder sucks out here too by the by, so you might want to bring your own bitch

Forgot to mention that there's a Craiglist-type site for Utah gun owner. They tell you whether or not it's a licensed dealer or private seller and they have tons of gear in addition to guns. You can even find Class III and antique stuff for sale.
utahgunexchange.com/

also get ready to try frysauce, its just kinda the thing.
that and pastrami on hamburgers

You forgot to mention the Park City and Moab microcosm of stoner ski bums and outdoorsy types. My parents sent me away to Utah when I was a teenager (lockdown style boarding schools always seem to be in Utah for some reason) so my experience of the state is pretty skewed, but it's fucking gorgeous.

Constitutional carry
conceal carry also available
open carry in most places
gun culture is firearms are part of life
john moses browning came from utah and was a mormon
Mormons are fucking nice and hard working lol
Cops dont give a fuck if you open carry or carry in your car.
lots of BLM land to shoot
utahgunexchange
giant gun shows with no background checks for utah residence if it is PPT
Most vendors are PPT
ammo is cheap
Most people have a SHIT ton of experience.
FUDDERY and nogunsery is deemed as autistic but still mormons are so nice that they wont say anything and instead invite you over to shoot with them and learn so you can enjoy better.
low cost of living and SHIT ton of jobs>
cheap property
big companies moving in to make it more modern

Guns are like wives, God wants you to have at least 6

Sorry for valuing your opinions

All Utah is missing is constitutional carry and a “fuck the feds” law, but I’d still put it up there in the top 5. It’s not Alaska or AZ but it’s a pretty red state with some pretty red people. Our state legislators give each other ARs as gifts. Salt Lake Valley is okay, but Utah Valley is maximum comfy and it’s fantastic even if you’re not Mormon. Liquor laws are a bit retarded but it’s offset by having infinite BLM land to shoot on and a pretty open and pervasive gun culture here. You won’t have a hard time finding a SHTF squad here.

The only downside is the ass ton of beaners that keep flowing in the state. They sure love their cheap labor underclass here and it’s gonna bite them in the ass.

The other thing about Utah is that it sits at the confluence of the Rocky Mountains, Colorado Plateau, and Great Basin. You have access to incredible diverse and gorgeous scenery all within a 2-3 hour radius if you live in the valleys. Utah is awesome if you’re even remotely /out/ at all

>low cost of living and SHIT ton of jobs
Get it while you can. Moved here when I was 15 and in the five years since prices have shot up from Californian transplants and it shows no sign of stopping.

the next SV is gonna be in texas or some shit

Fuck off we're full

They actually have like a couple laws about milk iirc
Fucking mormons dude

This is closer to the truth than I’d like it to be....

This. There are so many disgusting Cali refugees in SLC and they stick out like a sore thumb. Otherwise, a pretty state.
Also, UtahGunExchange makes Lord Of War look like amateur hour.

mormons. lots of mormons and god help you if you dont convert

I'm doing just fine. literally only think about Mormons when I hear someone complaining about them. they don't affect my life at all.

>I live in Salt Lake County. Just about everybody here is either a hard alt-right/alt-lite Trump admirer, a massive SJW, a Latter-Day Saint/Mormon, or a broke Indian.
I used to live there from 2009-2017, and that's a misrepresentation of people's politics in Salt Lake City. It's a mostly Republican state, but back before the election, a huge number of the Republicans hated Trump because their churches told them to (he said mean things). Salt Lake City also has a huge Democrat population, who mostly moved there from out-of-state to work at the University of Utah or at one of the white collar businesses that have been moving to the area recently, like Adobe. It's also common for people to come from other states to simply go to college there, then graduate and continue living in the city without changing their political views, since they have lived an insulated existence. There is also a disturbingly large African/Muslim population, and a huge number of Mexicans/Latin-Americans, all of whom and their children vote for gibs. I will say, though, that in my experience, most Utah Democrats don't hate guns and will go shooting with you if you invite them.

>Constitutional carry
This is incorrect. The only type of permitless carry allowed in Utah is with an unloaded chamber, which is not how Constitutional carry is usually defined.

You might reply, "Well, that would be hard to detect. What, are cops going to notice me printing and ask to see my permit/chamber?" No. Cops won't notice because the gun would be concealed. However, it would still be unlawful to carry like that. It would be the same as any other type of unlawful concealed-carry in any state. It just comes down to whether you are willing to break the law or not. Utah's CFP is one of the most affordable and easily obtainable in the country. You can also save $7.50 on each gun purchase and get your bgc done instantly. No excuse not to get one.

>All Utah is missing is constitutional carry and a “fuck the feds” law, but I’d still put it up there in the top 5. It’s not Alaska or AZ but it’s a pretty red state with some pretty red people.
The advantage to Utah is all the BLM land that's so close to the city where you can set up your own dispersed target range. Just watch any Nutnfancy video - all his shooting is on public land easily accessible from Salt Lake.

>Liquor laws are a bit retarded
The easy solution is to just stop being a degenerate alcoholic.

>The other thing about Utah is that it sits at the confluence of the Rocky Mountains, Colorado Plateau, and Great Basin. You have access to incredible diverse and gorgeous scenery all within a 2-3 hour radius if you live in the valleys. Utah is awesome if you’re even remotely /out/ at all
I found this to be a bit of a challenge while living there. Compared to when I lived in Flagstaff, Arizona, I had to drive much farther in the winter in Utah to get to somewhere where it was even slightly worth going /out/. In Arizona, you can be in any climate within 2 hours. In Utah, it's more like a 4-5 hour drive in the winter to escape from the cold and snow. To add onto that, access to a lot of the mountains around Salt Lake in the warmer months can be delayed by mountain road closures lasting well into June or even early July in a really snowy year, so the summer hiking season is painfully short. God help you if you have a job that gets busy in the summer or fall, since you'll outright miss your only chance to get outdoors when it's nice out. I've found access to the same kind of mountains to be a little easier in Colorado due to better plowing.

>Also, UtahGunExchange makes Lord Of War look like amateur hour.
Absolutely agree with this. I'm not sure what Armslist looks like in other cities. I currently live in St. Louis, and it's shit. But when I was in Utah, UGE was fucking amazing.

try being orthodox born and raised in salt lake. had a lot of fun with mormon girls looking to piss off daddy

Orthodox Christian or Jew?

I'm considering transferring to the University of Utah because the physics advisor lady I talked on the phone with was really nice and informative and I'd be able to put my welding skills on research. Would this be a mistake?

it's a good university but be prepared to be surrounded by fags, purple hairs, and pajeets who focus on not socializing at all because they want to get their degree and go back to pajeetistan. basically like any other uni.

Not all of us are fuddtard shillcunts.

We have a discord too, if you think otherwise. Got a pretty good lil community and we have the meat

t. bee warlord of Utah

Attached: Cowboy.png (500x500, 76K)

Gun culture is through the roof. Very few gun laws, and lots of people own. People who say the Mormons suck are just retards who haven't ever actually tried to be friends with one. SLC is a nigger shithole, same with a lot of Southern Utah, rest of the state is pretty much boomer paradise, which leads me into my next point. It's a really nice state right now; born and raised here, love the place and her gargantuant mountains to death. But this paradise won't last much longer. We've become a pretty hot point for immigration, both from other countries and other states, especially California. Californians are tearing shit up in here. Voting in leftist policies, raising rent and housing prices, legalizing weed, and trying to subvert the Mormon culture here (say what you want about Mormons, but they built this state from shit and they deserve their own homogeneous society that reflects their values). Jewish colonists are also bringing in their massive companies by the dozen, making it more expensive, tourist friendly, nigger-friendly, etc. They actually call us the "silicone slopes" because of that. It honestly fucking sucks. I love this place, but I can't truly recommend anyone moving here. I myself am actually likely gonna be bailing on the beautiful Deseret.

I give us another ten years before we're just like Texas. Probably going to wait until then before bailing out.

>t. discord tranny