Tell me why I shouldn't use this as my CCW

Attached: 644E85B5-17DE-4E01-94E5-0C2A8E9EB0DA.jpg (859x993, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/k/thread/41161513/#q41169235
youtube.com/watch?v=0piGeTVMZWs
viperweapons.us/ballistics-testing-1
thehighroad.org/index.php?threads/joint-agency-ballistics-test-for-defensive-handgun-ammo.844285/page-3
full30.com/watch/MDA2OTM4/do-machined-bullets-really-work-warning---very-graphic
full30.com/watch/MDA3Mzcz/underwood-xtreme-penetrators-vs-deer
gunstreamer.com/watch/no-33-coyote-never-give-up-ar9-9mm-pcc-pulsar-apex-helion-lehigh-defense-125gr-xd_feXK7nVYMqwqfrz.html
gunstreamer.com/watch/no-34-coyote-freight-train-coyotes-pulsar-thermals-lehigh-defense-125gr-9mm-pcc_FiDCaoRJfxwe1g3.html
gunstreamer.com/watch/lehigh-defense-lehigh-hunting-6th-night-last-chance-south-texas-feral-hogs-9mm-90gr-xtreme-defense-3_pYTHqqHMxkZ4zzl.html
gunstreamer.com/watch/lehigh-defense-1st-night-texas-hogs-2017-hd-45acp-120gr-xd-6pdk-6mm-92-gr-cc_A6lHAVfIsROhPdJ.html
ammoland.com/2019/03/pistols-or-handguns-used-to-defend-against-bear-attack-95-effective-63-cases/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not as controllable as a smaller caliber, not as much capacity, not enough extra power to make up for the other losses.

Why fuddy five?

Subcompact is a bit of misnomer for the G30. I carried one for a couple years, but it's definitely in the size range of a compact pistol, not the baby glock.

I do, pretty skinny conceals fine.

beacuase they dont make a .46 XDDD

Because this exists.

Attached: DSCF0089.jpg (1600x1200, 606K)

no civilian needs a weapon of war (gun)

As much as I like 10mm its not a subcompact caliber, and the same goes for 45 ACP
they are much less effective from short barrels, 9mm is much more controllable and intended to be fired from shorter barrels than 45. 10mm will probably work fine if using .40 projectiles, but that shit's loud and bit of a beast with a four finger grip.

Attached: EDC.jpg (2048x1152, 475K)

>its not a subcompact caliber,

Attached: G29.jpg (812x394, 44K)

>reading comprehension

Attached: YES.png (434x99, 76K)

Because there is no real discernible difference between handgun calibers, and lethality is determined by shot placement and projectile capability.
Therefore the only metrics for a handgun are concealability, weight, capacity, and ammunition cost. 9mm is the least expensive centerfire cartridge in the US, although .380 is the same price and statistically as effective.

Why not a Beretta 85fs 380 Cheetah

I feel it be less likely to shoot yourself in the foot taking it out.

Get something comfortable, if its uncomfortable you wont carry it. I used to carry a glock 19, I found I wouldn't carry it because it was to much of a hassle to dress around. I went to a sub-compact 380 and carry it everywhere

Go for it I really like mine. As another user said, subcompact is a misnomer for this gun. It's more like a Glock 19 than a Glock 26, maybe a bit shorter in the grip than a 19.

Attached: IMG_20180804_140140313_LL.jpg (3120x4160, 445K)

You're so misinformed it hurts. 10mm is far more effective than 9mm when comparing like barrels period. I imagine 10mm is probably more effective from a g29 than any other 9mm from a 6 inch barrel if such an atrocity should be attempted. 9mm sucks ass out of subcompact guns unless you have ammunition specifically for short barrels like hst's. Also, literally buy the $10 pinky extender for the mag.

Blanket aggragates for percentages do not equal individual scenarios and the amount of 9mm data being far more prolific than almost any other aside from 45 makes the statistics questionable at best. There are worlds of difference in handgun calibers and this argument is retarded. For example, 22 long rifle vs 44 magnum. Both handgun calibers, please tell me they're the same except 22 is lighter and capable of greater capacity so it's the obvious self defense choice. Stop spreading this retarded meme.

Do it, be Faye Valentine

You are the template of NuFUDD

This is the new 9mm vs 45 argument except this time is the 9mm fags not accepting reality

>MFD (Monolithic Fluid Displacement, aka XP/XD or Phillips-bit) pasta, adapted from desuarchive.org/k/thread/41161513/#q41169235
split into concepts (what the MFD bullets supposedly do and why it's worthwhile), evidence (videos/tests supporting that the MFD bullets actually work as claimed).

Concepts: (see pic)
One-line version More details Discussion on the various velocities claimed as magic thresholds, and why bullet design matters Evidence:
Not scientific (sample of 1 for each bullet/barrier combination is trash), but very good demonstration of how JHPs are prone to failure on barriers, but XPs just work by default:
youtube.com/watch?v=0piGeTVMZWs

Demonstration in gel and dead meat:
Comparative ballistics study: viperweapons.us/ballistics-testing-1
John G's meat shots in this thread: thehighroad.org/index.php?threads/joint-agency-ballistics-test-for-defensive-handgun-ammo.844285/page-3

Hunting/autopsy, XP in magnum/rifle cartridges -- shows the bullets working as intended, but may not be persuasive regarding handgun calibers and velocities:
full30.com/watch/MDA2OTM4/do-machined-bullets-really-work-warning---very-graphic
full30.com/watch/MDA3Mzcz/underwood-xtreme-penetrators-vs-deer

Hunting, AR9 subsonic XD (no autopsy, but clean kills):
gunstreamer.com/watch/no-33-coyote-never-give-up-ar9-9mm-pcc-pulsar-apex-helion-lehigh-defense-125gr-xd_feXK7nVYMqwqfrz.html
gunstreamer.com/watch/no-34-coyote-freight-train-coyotes-pulsar-thermals-lehigh-defense-125gr-9mm-pcc_FiDCaoRJfxwe1g3.html

Hunting/autopsy, handguns:
subcompact 9mm XD:
gunstreamer.com/watch/lehigh-defense-lehigh-hunting-6th-night-last-chance-south-texas-feral-hogs-9mm-90gr-xtreme-defense-3_pYTHqqHMxkZ4zzl.html
1911 .45+P XD:
gunstreamer.com/watch/lehigh-defense-1st-night-texas-hogs-2017-hd-45acp-120gr-xd-6pdk-6mm-92-gr-cc_A6lHAVfIsROhPdJ.html

Attached: MFD_pasta_cap.png (833x734, 166K)

Attached: 9x25 Dillon 65gr XDs 2553fps.jpg (603x1042, 110K)

i have a 19 and 30. 30 is fatter and heavier. short outings they are fine but anything longer i just take a 380

Attached: 1555631647048.gif (467x398, 70K)

>pretty skinny conceals fine.
I used to have a Glock 20, which as the same frame. It's really not "skinny." It can be concealed with the right clothes, but I wouldn't want to carry one when better alternatives exist.

For example, you could get a G43X or G48 and have the same capacity (assuming you're talking about the extended G30 mags), about the same height and length, but 25% thinner and 10 ounces lighter.

>Because there is no real discernible difference between handgun calibers, and lethality is determined by shot placement and projectile capability.
So if there's no difference between calibers, then why do you care so much about OP shooting .45? Let him shoot his .45 and you shoot your 9mm. You say there are no differences, so there should be no reason for him to change or you to be bothered when he carries .45 ACP.

>You're so misinformed it hurts. 10mm is far more effective than 9mm when comparing like barrels period.
HOW is it more effective? Present your data.

I submit that there is no practical use for which the ballistic difference between 9mm and 1cm would matter. I submit the following as empirical evidence supporting my conclusion:
ammoland.com/2019/03/pistols-or-handguns-used-to-defend-against-bear-attack-95-effective-63-cases/

>As much as I like 10mm its not a subcompact
>absolute proof it is
>waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

Attached: john-quincy-adams-9175983-1-402.jpg (1200x1200, 160K)

I see no reason why you shouldn't. The Glock 30 is an excellent firearm.

You dont want to injure innocent bystanders do you?
Also if boomers are on the jury you might as well carry a Nat Soc flame thrower.

Because the G30S exists