Do you think turboprop light attack aircraft would get some mainstream attention and inclusion in current era military...

Do you think turboprop light attack aircraft would get some mainstream attention and inclusion in current era military in the media? I ask considering
for example, a popular or usual thing military games do, especially those of the sci-fi genre do the whole futuristic schtick where powerful militaries use those future VTOL jet and or hover-repulsor Sonic aircraft whatever.

Yet militaries, even the US are considering using turboprop planes like the super tucano as a cheap light attack aircraft.

Would turboprop light attack planes get anymore recognition and attention in fictatious media anytime soon?

Attached: 1556875768573.jpg (1000x801, 194K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dnoWIePrKqc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pretty dumb question. What do I know about what hollywood's gonna do? Ask the jews.

No. The military shills love putting the latest and greatest in media to gain public interest. That's why Starscream was an F-35 and he destroyed a bunch of F-22s in the first Transformers movie in 2007 as opposed to using what the military actually used.

>Do you think turboprop light attack aircraft would get some mainstream attention
No.

Attached: su-25 (10).jpg (1600x1200, 1.26M)

Yes. We might actually win the occasional counterinsurgency now and again.

Attached: fire_force_3_1200.jpg (1200x825, 215K)

No, because turboprops are actually a shitty choice for a nation with a large air force

Hasn't helped us one bit in Afghanistan.

>the ac130 is a shitty choice cuz props
t. retard

Except for the thousands of US soldiers who'd be dead without high speed CAS

>he doesn't know about the Air Tractor

Attached: AT-802U.jpg (1920x766, 219K)

fixed wing cas has a high friendly fire rate

Would have been useful 10 years ago desu

>gets shot down by 1950's era soviet SPAAG

>Hasn't helped us one bit in Afghanistan
Source?

Attached: Agent 13.png (576x432, 283K)

As modifications to existing aircraft? No.
As brand-new built aircraft? Yes

>Do you think turboprop light attack aircraft would get some mainstream attention and inclusion in current era military in the media?

No because they don't need to. A lot of real fucking militaries (usually developing countries' militaries) use props/turboprops so they're really pretty mainstream.

Frankly there needs to be more third world core shooters/military games or games set in such conflicts because the Tacticool/First World military speshul forces perspective has been done to death.

Attached: 1496467840428.jpg (320x213, 7K)

How about a game that's all about COIN. No dogfighting, just loitering over a battlefield area in a prop plane doing strafing runs on baddies while dodging the occasional RPG or gunshot and various other losers taking potshots at you.

I feel like you could do something that's almost like some open world thing with management elements. Like you're a private COIN plane and you fly up each day and get to answer requests to strafe or bomb targets, and you have to make as much money as possible (you get bonuses on speed, accuracy, etc, but also get dinged for fuel or damage).
Make it sim-like, like an airborne equivalent of that Spintires game or that Deadstick game that's coming out soon. Have customisable paintjobs and so forth as well.

And of course the story or setting would be that you're a mercenary or PMC of a Private Military Group and you the player are said PMC pilot operating your CAS plane.

And yeah asides from the jet black armored Chevrolet SUVs that is often associated with elite high end mercenaries. Turboprop light attack aircraft/COIN planes are vehicles that fit the whole purpose of the type of hardware elite high end mercs would use and operate with. Again, just like those up armored jet black Chevrolet SUVs with a mounted minigun that you'd see being used by such type of mercs.

Attached: A-29_Over_Afghanistan.jpg (3667x2257, 1.71M)

Storyline based on tracking and mapping TICs, SIGINT reports, HUMINT from patrols that you protected during contact who managed to make it to the village and collect data. You must understand MGRS and map each event in order to obtain the movements of a series of HVT bosses in order to hit them while they're out and about.

You just fly around, and when you receive reports from the TOC you zoom in on your Garmin 1000 and plot everything.

I'd play the fuck out of it,, and it would potentially be never ending because after you beat a province/country, you just get deployed to another region in the DLC.

more like turbo brap

damn that makes a lot of sense wtf

youtube.com/watch?v=dnoWIePrKqc

I'd love an Ace Combat with turboprops

Attached: Air-to-air_with_Afghan_Air_Force_Embraer_A-29_Super_Tucano.jpg (1920x1275, 609K)

I think a question would be. How would a scene or part of a show, movie or video game that is military and conflict setting depict a CAS COIN turboprop plane?

Can a CAS turboprop like the Super Tucano be depicted doing a gun run or strafe where it would be shooting it's machine guns on soldiers? I know a plane like the Super Tucano can engage vehicles or maybe light armor with rocket launcher pods and some actual AGMs. But can the Tucano be depicted shooting at enemy soldiers with it's machine guns?

The fuck are you talking about? Starscream was an F-22 in the first Bay movie you retard.

Low IQ post