Attached: m2.0.jpg (2000x1333, 1.48M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e6gqQuN6xdA&t=10m40s
youtu.be/9qbCSpcrOsw
youtu.be/YbWfwQyglmA
youtu.be/MaZwu-o5gdo
youtu.be/ST7hR2PyAAE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'll be a nerd and post it again. First review of the Acro I could find, and it's shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=e6gqQuN6xdA&t=10m40s
> (Disclaimer, not really shit. I wouldn't do that with any RDS period.)

Attached: acro-broken-lens-cover.jpg (283x429, 21K)

Should I get a shield or a p365

Attached: D5C797CB-C7FC-4C22-B8CC-9B4662810D48.jpg (4032x3024, 1.64M)

PSA has shields for $275. P365 go for $500. Thats a massive leap. You can buy extra mags, sights, ammo, for $225 you save

I would get the 2.0

2.0 compact with maybe a trigger upgrade is probably the best “practical” gun on the market

didn't see a question thread, so i figured this was the best place to go. I've looked around but for the life of me i cant find the fucking dimensions for the sights of the CZ 75 Compact. I want to get a rear sight similar or equal to the PCR but i'm not sure if it will fit on it. Does anybody know where i can get a rear sight like the one on the CZ PCR for my 75 compact? i'm just assuming that the dimensions are not the same.

Do they make target 9mm pistols with a 6" barrel?

which one should i buy this weekend?

Attached: gun.jpg (1028x424, 123K)

walther

Walther.

Walther has a better trigger, costs less, but has worse grip texture, is more flippy (recoil wise), and isn’t as good looking

>a trigger upgrade
This. The M&P's major flaw is that curved, hinged trigger shoe. Absolute dogshit. But it can be swapped out for a much better one for about $100, becoming the best polymershit pistol for less than $1K.

If you actually shoot your guns you’ll realize that the trigger smooths out after 1000 yards. Anyone saying the gun needs a trigger job should spend that money on ammo

Attached: 87A30A8B-48D3-47EA-AECB-8C53D6D83D42.jpg (3024x4032, 1.9M)

hey bubble butts r8 my first firearm purchase

Attached: gunnnnnnn.jpg (1890x1297, 201K)

Should I get an M&P or a 5906 as my first 9mm? Not for carry

No, I am referring to the actual shape and feel of the trigger shoe. The pull and break is fine, but that curved trigger face and the hinged safety mechanism feels like llama shit. A company makes just a replacement shoe for it.

As someone who's owned a fuck ton of pistols in my time, I would much rather have a 5906. Nothing wrong with polymer-framed pistols, but holy fuck do they get boring after a while. Then you start buying other ones, hoping the next will be as sweet as a vintage pistol, but they never are. They are all pretty much 95% the same.

>Security 9
>first firearm purchase
Solid choice. Good quality, good service, and for that model a good value. Highly recommend the security 9 for budget doublestack that competes above it's pricepoint.

I would have sprung for the Compact Sec 9 myself, but I already bought a Ruger American Compact.

>anything by the NRA
into the trash it goes.

Attached: 20180916_182435.jpg (4023x2241, 2.55M)

The M&P 2.0 really is a great gun. Shame I don't get any range time with it; usually I buy a new gun and have to spend the afternoon with it.

The absolute state of czoyboys

>NRA gud bois they dindu nuffin
>bump stocks were a meme anyways haha
>you don’t NEED a pistol grip, user geez
>if you can’t hit what you’re shooting with less then ten rounds, then you shouldn’t even have a gun
>w-well, red flag laws help protect the people so I don’t mind!
>I mean, if your barrel is under 16in, I’d think you were looking to shoot up a mall too!
>mmm thank you Oliver North your shoes taste so good mmm

What do you mean by this? im an acro hater(for CCW), it didn't really shit the bed at all, although a little more outer lens durability would be nice. Seems like an ideal choice for OWB carry, but for IWB i'd probably stick with the RMR type 2 as the open emitter is effectively a non concern(imo). I still don't like its blocky design or all the hype around it from the CCW community, but it hardly seems like shit.
Eh, that's sort of an opinion if you ask me. Maybe I just shot the 1.0 too much when i was younger or something but the hinged feel really doesn't bother me. OTOH the glock dingus loves to nip my long ass fingers and give me a hot spot with prolonged shooting. Although as a bit of a manual safety 1911/CZ guy i will admit that the temptation to put an aprx 4lbs flat faced trigger on one with a manual safety and have a fairly universal manual of arms/feel on all of my serious round count guns is pretty real, while the trigger is more than adequate for a defensive gun it isn't "ideal".
5906, a gun like that would retail for 700-900 in the modern day, and you'll never see them for less in your life time even ignoring their iconic 90s status. Get the 5906 as a range/aesthetic/historic piece and pick up a M&P later as a srs business 9mm if you want one.

i-i-is this a light trolling?

Attached: DSC_0494-min.jpg (6000x4000, 1.62M)

>if you can’t hit what you’re shooting with less then ten rounds, then you shouldn’t even have a gun
This isn't the Ruger thread, though.

Attached: Ten rounds is all you need.jpg (480x640, 76K)

God I wish I could sell my Glock and get a M&P 2

>What do you mean by this?
Nothing, I even said later that dropping an RMR or DPP on a fucking rock wouldn't be a good idea either.

He even says he isn't picking up the Acro dot any faster than an RMR, so here's hoping Luepold fixes the issues I keep seeing from DPP owners with their optics shitting the bed after several thousands of rounds.

Do apex triggers have a tactile reset or not? I keep finding conflicting statements

USP

>tfw waiting for mateba to get their shit together

Attached: Tub_of_cat.jpg (966x1199, 156K)

Oh, ok, you were calling it shit "ironically". My bad.B

How's the PPS M2?

looking to get a compact or subcompact carry pistol in 9mm. ~$400 max, any ideas?

You must be a glock fag.

Mp 2.0 compact

Very excellent, thank you for double-posting I've been waiting for that.

Interesting and surprising to see. I wonder how the Nano would fare?

What anons said. If you have the money and want more clips per cartridge get the P365. If money's tight, the Shield is fantastic.

PCR sights are PCR-specific because of the slope on the front, they won't fit on any other CZ slide without an additional cut on the slide. However the dovetail is identical.

What are you looking to do?

Sig P210 Target, some of the Sig X series, HK has the USP Elite and Expert, and there are probably two dozen really hard to find sport/target versions of not very popular pistols out there, like the Vektor SP1 Sport, MAB PAP F1, etc.

So yes!

Walther is better at every single quantifiable point except recoil and sights, the USP is funner to shoot because of those two things imo.
t. Waltherboo

Assuming these are just for fun and not carry or something.

I'd rather have a 5906 than an old M&P. Old M&Ps are good shooters but the trigger and slippery grip are real gripes of mine, the 5906 has GREAT versions of both things. Plus muh 90s cred

7/10 gun overall
8.5/10 value for money
Good!

Wouldn't the opposite be true if he's complaining about a mushy trigger? gloccsuckers do nothing but justify the mushy trigger all day, user is eschewing it.

Apex triggers don't change the reset because you re-use the trigger bar. However you as the end user can easily tweak the reset to be more pronounced by bending the trigger bar to the gun's left (with it removed from the gun first obviously). This puts more lateral pressure on the sear so that when the trigger comes forward, the reset snap is more pronounced. The downside is if you go too far you'll give the trigger a draggy gritty feeling so don't go ham and reef it hard, just little tweaks until you're happy.

Attached: wilson'd.jpg (1100x1650, 699K)

Pistola

Attached: 20190501_013608.jpg (4032x1960, 1.74M)

Gun is fine, I'm sure. Lacking in the style department, though.

He speaks the truth. The walthers are snappy while the trigger reset and triggers are generally excellent.

Oh for real you're gonna get one? You better lord pics all over my face and shame me user.

M&P M2.0 Compact, CZ P10C, Magnum Research MR9, Canik TP9 (one of the compact ones), and there are some more in the pastebin. If you wanna get REAL thrifty, the Taurus G2C has a $25 rebate which brings it down to ~$150.

It's a great gun but there is one small issue on SOME guns. Pic related is a little dot of wear on the right side of the barrel where the trigger bar slides against it. In some guns, with stacking tolerance errors, this little spot can wear into a slight burr which has in some rare cases caused the gun to have failures. I'm talking extremely rare, like I've only read 2-3 cases of that happening. The wear spot itself is harmless and hidden, and most guns don't wear here at all.

Pic related is an M2.0 with a spot of wear and...

Attached: bo376zvh70dz.jpg (3024x4032, 575K)

I'll keep posting these until Burt is shamed into also buying one.

Attached: 20190421_003109.jpg (2048x1536, 893K)

...and this is an older PPS M1, my gun, with ~700 rounds through it and there is zero wear at that spot. So ymmv. Just showing both extremes! The M2 has a way better trigger btw, and is much more comfortable to hold because it's not boxy and sharp like the M1.

My wallet bleeds

Attached: pps barrel.jpg (2000x1333, 822K)

Just purchased this for my first ccw. How'd I do?

Attached: sig.jpg (714x806, 117K)

I'm a SHALL guy myself but holy fuck CZoys are so cringey and edgy. You're literally the fedora tipping atheists of the gun community

find a similar rear sight for the compact, i do have a gunsmith connection that could potentially put an additional cut on there but thats extra money. basically, I like the sights for the PCR but I want them on the compact.

You can get a slide cut for PCR sights but I question why. There's no benefit to the slope, it's an aesthetic thing. You could also sell your CZ and straight up buy a PCR

>Apex triggers...
Thank Burt. Yeah I'm not gonna try that id break it.

Sorry user I didn't mean to shit on your dreams :(

I don't think you could break the trigger bar, and undoing it is pretty easy.

You just bend the trigger bar a tiny tiny bit right here (TINY! like 1mm!), so it wants to push out away from the side of the gun a little bit harder. You'll know if you go too far because you'll feel the trigger bar drag on the side of the frame (old) or slide stop (M2.0). The old M&P trigger bar slides on the plastic frame behind the right side slide stop lever, the new M&P M2.0 trigger bar slides on a bump on the right side slide stop lever, so the M2.0 can take more bend (and a stronger reset) before it starts to feel like it's scraping or dragging. The old M&P can't take as much before you feel it dragging on plastic.

Hope that makes sense. Do it and see!

Attached: m&p-trix.jpg (1800x1200, 342K)

>Ammunition of the year
>357 sig
Shit smoked those Jews fast!

Cuckifornian here, we aren't allowed to buy M9A3's, but 92FS's are apparently okay. Should I just grab a 92FS or get a CZ or something?

Fellow cuckifornian here. Since there's a capacity limit I buy revolvers and .45 since that isn't effected. Glad I happen to prefer revolvers but I'm gitting out of this state soon

Get a PPQ instead

I went to a gun store to finger fuck a cz sp-01 tactical, but they only had a phantom (polymer version). I figured they would be similar enough ergos wise to get a feel. But I was really taken aback because it felt CHEAP. Even compared to my polymer 80 everything felt wiggly and poorly fitted. Was I holding lemon or is cz quality that much less than I expected?

Want a light for my vp9, trying to decide which looks decent on there. I like the tlr1hl but I'm not sure if the light going past the barrel would get annoying. Any vp carriers here?

This guy did a whole video about how the RMR is fine with an exposed emitter but now it's an amazing feature because it's on an Aimpoint?

P99, since you can get the USPT practically all the time.
The texture doesn't matter, the gun won't move in your hand with the texture it has now. It's purely psychological.
Just put the same LPA sights on the P99.

I have the regular sp-01 and the ergonomics are amazing. Feels great in the hand, I like the stock grips a lot which is a shame because it would look super sexy with redder wood grips.

3 questions

1. Can the mp40 2.0 be converted to 10mm

2. Can I get aftermarket barrels with all my preferred specs for said 10mm like I could with a glock 29

3. Tangential but is there a 10mm ammo load with xp-like fluted design but low weight like

>it's an amazing feature
I didn't see him call it amazing compared to an RMR, but I may have missed it. I did see where he said it reduces the already small chance of refraction, etc. caused by an open emitter, and mentioned how he liked the protective window for 1 hand manipulations and force-on-force stuff, but that's pretty Timmy stuff.

Thats precisely why I want it lol asthetics, the reason I don’t want the pcr is because it has a decocker and thats not really my thing. Thanks for the info though, at least now i know that the dove tail is the same, but if i really wanted the same sight i need an additional cut

It would appear after some digging that 10mm dedicated frames are different than 40 especially on compacts, no mp40-10 found, so back to my hunt for an arms list deal on a glock 29 (closest guy wants 650 and he’s a four hour round trip), hooray.

But looking into the ultralight fluted 10mm, seems there is a divide, lightest copper mono I see is 100gr, nothing fluted with the zip of that 60gr libermeme. Would it be possible to get those custom machined and have someone press them for me?

>I’m a SHALL guy myself
>but
Kys bootlicker

>Do apex triggers have a tactile reset or not? I keep finding conflicting statements

Irrelevant. You don’t need tacticle reset. Learn to reset during recoil so you can break your next shot as soon as the sights settle as opposed to pinning the trigger to the rear, letting the sights settle then begin to back out of the trigger to reset.

This is what a lot of Glock instructors teach. Glocks have very audible reset and they advocate pinning the trigger as a marketing scheme. Don’t meme yourself.

youtu.be/9qbCSpcrOsw
youtu.be/YbWfwQyglmA
>handgun general
>we need to talk about basic shit like this

Attached: 6E953C2F-75B7-4DAA-BE3A-3AA5502355EF.jpg (1920x1080, 210K)

Man I recently bought a P-01 I guess now I’m a faggot

Getting night sights and a zev magwell in the mail today. Debating on getting the slide milled just for the sake of front serrations but I think I’ll live

Attached: 556EA018-D4CC-40A4-BD01-098F2273766C.jpg (2048x2047, 869K)

A bit big but an excellent choice

Get a CZ97 if it’s on the roster

Yea! Go czech them both out and see which one you like best

Every gun wiggles, maybe the opinion is overblown a bit? Still if what you want is a SP-01 you should keep looking for an SP-01

You can put LPAs on there but they look goofy as frig pic related lol

Attached: dsc04556.jpg (600x405, 66K)

You bet. Here's CZ Custom's dovetail position dimensions, maybe squirrel this away for when you get your cuts done

Attached: All-LARGE.jpg (1079x719, 94K)

I knew one of those videos would be Langdon, but nice to see Racaza saying the same thing. I saw go pro footage of him running a match and I was super jelly of how accurate he was on nearly a full run inside 10y.

Any budget suggestions for a first time buyer? I want it for the house so i dont want to break the bank. Im looking at the glock 19 5th gen am open to suggestions. Please help lads theres too many options.

Surprisingly, my new favorite .22 pistol. 16 rounds, easy to shoot, accurate, seems to be reliable, and the mags are so easy to load. It has a very similar trigger to my P10c, so it'll work great for cheap training.

There are plenty of quality options cheaper than Glock. M&P; CZ P07, P09, and P10; Ruger Security 9.

Attached: 20190504_131756.jpg (2656x1494, 2.91M)

M&P 2.0

Here are some great budget options
and there are more in the pastebin in OP! Which you should read the Picking a Handgun section of btw, it'll help you figure out what you want.

Don't buy ANYTHING until you at the very least handle some stuff. Preferably rent and shoot. And protip for after you make a choice: don't buy any packs, cleaning kits, addons, bags, holsters, sights, maguffins, greebles or chotzkis with the gun or otherwise! Let the gun stand on it's own for awhile until you decide, later, that it needs changing or additions.

I'm keenly interested in how those magazines perform over the next few shootings, as that's the primary gripe I've been reading about the TX22, some reports of sporadic reliability. Could you post updates pls?

Attached: the lonliest bulge.jpg (2666x1777, 2.06M)

Sure thing, Bort. I only ran a few mags through it so far, using bulk Federal auto match, but it ran 100%.

Thanks m8s. will definitely give it some time before going all out with accessories.

I've been out of the gun hipster scene for a while now, why did the M&P more popular and respected than Glock now?

Out of the box it's got better sights, trigger, grip texture, ergos.

Great choice. I recently got a sec 9 compact and I love it. Ruger is a sturdy weapon

He'll yeahah brorther

Attached: IMG_20190504_163610142.jpg (4000x3000, 2.88M)

Attached: FB898172-F34A-4DD4-ACE4-C85C1097A8AB.jpg (3407x2396, 3.12M)

Just picked up the MR73 sporter. What a beaut. Gonna get some pics shortly after my camera battery is recharged.

>but nice to see Racaza saying the same thing.

Virtually every professional instructor or high level shooter does this. Plenty of other people teach this as well. JJ is an absolute fucking madman, zipping through stages and shit.

Are you familiar with Gabe White? He teaches shooting while sprinting and does an exceptional job at it.

youtu.be/MaZwu-o5gdo
youtu.be/ST7hR2PyAAE

The LPA Carry sights don't do that.

>it ran 100%
I hope I hope I hope it stays that way!

Better in many ways, cheaper
idk if I'd say M&Ps are more respected than glox, or even more popular really, but they're finally getting their due. Now if niggas could just get woke on PX4s

afaik they stick back just as far because the dovetail is farther back than it is on other guns. You might be thinking of the Q5 and Q4 which have optics plates instead of dovetails, so the sights sit farther forward and don't overhang the rear of the slide, but P99s and regular PPQs don't have that plate. Do you have pics of LPA carry sights on a P99 to show what you mean? I can't find any but it has the same dovetail as a PPQ, which would look about like that pic but not extend so far forward of the dovetail. It'd hang off the rear quite a bit.

bad lighting to see the bluing, sorry familia. it's something else in person

Attached: dsc_0009_1.jpg (1620x1080, 500K)

i live in a major city and am hesitant to take my gats out back due to filthy yuppie noguns neighbors and other good reasons
I'll take some pictures tomorrow out at the rural range in sunlight

Attached: dsc_0008_1.jpg (1620x1080, 427K)

just picked this up today, after waiting 2 damn months for it

Attached: IMG_0580.jpg (4032x3024, 2.13M)

Nice

>Now if niggas could just get woke on PX4s

The PX4 Compact Carry is one of the best DA/SA carry guns currently. I would use mine more but the Ameriglos it has are too wide for my tastes and mounting a red dot on it costs $350.

pic gives me boners for days

Attached: A44D5EE8-4A14-45EC-AF45-700B92C2FA84.jpg (1125x814, 223K)

Sell me on the striker fired pistol meme
Why wouldn't I want a DA/SA that's safer to carry and has a better trigger pull after the first round?

Consistency of trigger pulls from 1st to 2nd shot. Still very safe. Some newer designs have triggers that feel like a good single-action with takeup.

>Sell me on the striker fired pistol meme

Less stuff to train with like a different trigger pull and having to teach yourself to subconciously decock when you’re finished shooting. Both systems are great and have their merits.
>implying the DA pull is anything bad

My PX4CC, P226 and 92G all have buttery smooth, borderline orgasmic double actions. I actually group better shooting DA only at 25 yards than with SA and plenty of good double action shooters share the same experience.

A good in-between is a Glock with a Gadget. You have the simplicity of a striker fired gun but you’re able to thumb the back of the gun as if it had a hammer on it to make reholstering and drawing safer.

Attached: F0F94A9E-FA14-44E6-A061-652A770D877F.jpg (946x960, 167K)

Glock 40 or RIA 1911?

DEAR LORD

Consistency of trigger pull is the main one. Some people will say muh bore axis because striker slides can be shorter than DA/SA slides but that's mostly hogwash, disproven by the likes of PX4, 92FS and P226, some of the softest shooting guns of all time and all of them hammer fired.

I like both equally!

>good
>Glock
WOAH woah now let's not get too crazy okay?

Attached: chris-farley2.jpg (704x400, 32K)

Langdon is pushing them more, both for carry and competition, but the lack of a long slide or at least an optics ready slide hurts them in competition.

White is a monster, but the dude's manner of speaking drives me up a wall. I said beforw that if you clapped him on the back and his face swung open to reveal that tiny little alien from Men in Black, it would make more sense.

thanks user
burt's bees this thing is the bee's knees
best DA trigger I've ever felt