Forward assists are dumb; change my mind

Forward assists just force junk into the chamber leading to a high probability of malfunction.
Why are they even a thing?
Is there a single good reason to keep them around?

Attached: up.jpg (500x500, 25K)

Industrial inertia.

They look cool

>just remove it because there are stupid people who may not know how to use it properly
You died.

Attached: 1532239878708.gif (800x468, 682K)

bro do you even operate? you literally never had to silently load your HK M416? heh, sorry kid

I use it sometimes after press checking when my weapon is really fucking dirty just to be sure

Nah, only had to drown the poor abused thing in lube then shoot pop up silhouettes, or stand around holding it for hours on end.

operator pics are 50% of properly owning an AR15. extra op cred for blacking out your face.
*bonus god-tier delta status* if you have your wrist cocked at the most extreme angle possible

cos you know when bolt opens every time after fire it doesnt dump garbadge into receiver, end your life noguns faggot

>He calls his rifle he only ever shoots off a bench on a warm sunny day "his weapon"

Attached: 493.png (680x458, 382K)

Except it's not for "forcing messed cartridges into the chamber" as most idiots say it is.

If you look at the design of the AR-15, since there is no bolt handle connected to the bolt carrier to directly manipulate it, and seeing how the charging handle is only capable of pulling the bolt to the rear. The forward assist is necessary in case, for whatever reason, the bolt's forward movement stops and you need to nudge the bolt to get it moving again. If you put fucked up cartridges in any gun you're an idiot, if you use the forward assist to jam fucked up cartridges into the chamber you're a double idiot.

Sure, you can push on the carrier with your fingers through the ejection port, but let's assume you've been firing the rifle for some time and the bolt is fucking hot as fuck. Boom! forward assist is there to help!

>Is there a single good reason to keep them around?
no

> just force junk into the chamber
People who have never even seen an AR action before commenting on it are great for laughs

Real operators aren't allowed to bring cameras with them, and then us POGs get yelled at if we are screwing around with cameras.

but I fail to see how, while actively firing a round doesn't seat 100%, it would be another OTHER than a fucked up round, or a blockage of some sort, or a sign that your rifle needs to be immediately field stripped and checked out. forcing a round in any of those situations is just asking for trouble.

No other platform with a similar bolt has the forward assist, X95, FS200, AUG, etc... having disassembled and reassembled M14 actions etnausium my familiarity with their operation has left me wondering what the fucking point is, though made a good point.

anything* other than

Why does the AR need an external way to manipulate the bolt? If a round doesn't load for any reason. Rip it back and try again.

I think I see where he is coming from, if sand or something is between the carrier and the upper and you need the bang right fucking now it could be marginally useful, of course knowing it was sand between the carrier and the upper would be impossible so you'd better be sure you'll be dead either way before mashing the stupid button.

Do you retarded dumbfucks think every goddamned feeding issue is debris or a cocked up round? What the fuck is wrong with you? Do the concepts of dry metal-on-metal friction or weakened springs or slightly malformed mag lips mean anything or do they just exist in some intellectual no-go zone for a bunch of gunless InRange viewers? Fucking idiots.

Honestly it would be more retarded not to have a way to push the bolt forward if you wanted to.

not having a bolt handle is more dum

when I first converted from a no gunz, I loaded up my 100% unoiled, used AR with a bunch of tulammo. after a few rounds
>*click*
hmm doesn't seem closed
>*activate jam enhancer*
after several whacks, still no boom. decided to rack it out.
>denied
>literally had to pry bolt out of chamber with screwdriver
i attribute this to literally taking first gun operating advice from my idiot air force brother-in-law

You do have a way. Run the handle to the rear and release it.

Well the problem with having a bolt handle connected to the carrier means there has to be a huge slot in the receiver, through which dirt and mud can enter the action.

or you can push a button in a half second and not waste a round but hey why make things simple

anyone that knows what theyre doing wont have that dry of a gun, or fucked up mags, or springs so worn they could potentially fail that badly

It's 66% shitposting/(you) fishing and 33% genuine inbreds who buy into internet fuddlore. So in FA threads, you're either dealing with lazy b8 posters or clinical retards. You lose either way. The only winning move is not to play.

Attached: WP_20170716_001.jpg (3072x1728, 1.01M)

the chairforce should have taught him to drown the poor fucker in lube before going hot.

This, so much this.
The only exception would be the poor saps who get issued junk that hasn't been well maintained.

well to be fair he was already retarded before going in

How did he not get shunted to the Army with their fucking ASVAB waivers. Chairforce is supposed to smart, at least smart enough to lube.

I am so sorry you have to deal with such remarkably smart moron, that is such a sad existence for him.

I won't own one without it...fuck that star chamber and M4 ramps...

It doesn't make things simple, it complicates them. Tap, rack, bang is simple and fast. Adding another step which fixes a smaller subset of problems just delays you doing the thing that will fix a broader array of issues. All for the sake of a round, of which you're carrying 100+ if you're not expecting a gunfight and 300+ if you are.

luckily for him he's one of those blissfully retarded people. in fact he's almost my go-to example of a real life NPC if I had to give one. I guess they just needed someone to work supply checking out ladders and hammers to people who were actually working

On an HD gun being able to quietly ride the bolt into battery, and using the FA to ensure it actually is in battery, doesn't seem entirely useless. Some people's walls can't muffle a quiet moan let alone the metal on metal slap of a bolt ramming home.

>not keeping your HD holepunch in condition one

>forcing a round in any of those situations is just asking for trouble.
What if you are in shithole jungle village and a vietcong is running at you with a machete?

well then I suppose, as this user said if your looking at death one way or the other, why not

>not keeping your HD long arm in cruiser ready
Read about, nigguh

Condition one all day every day
Backup plan you somehow don't have one in the chamber: tap rack bang at close range even a somewhat poor shot should hit.

>a smaller subset of problems
your round failing to chamber is far more likely to be a result of something that simply requires a nudge. the more you know.

And yet here you are.

I'm a sucker for watching dumb niggers fall prey to lazy niggers, and FA threads are nothing but. You're a nigger, but niggers amuse me, so I like to watch you partake in your nigger ways.

Attached: yespls.png (395x458, 56K)

ITT we see anons who are subscribed to MAC and cling on to his every word.

>MAC
It's Karl more than anything else

Hello tripfag. I see you're also a degenerate who wants to fuck a goat child.

Attached: Krillin.png (780x411, 94K)

no u

>Why are they even a thing?
because checking whether a round is chambered is sometimes necessary vs ejecting a round and rechambering a new one
because making sure the bolt is in battery after a check does no harm
because the forward assist absolutely does not interfere with normal operation otherwise

anons opposed to forward assists are without exception mental deficients. change my mind.

Attached: poorfagAR.jpg (1632x918, 278K)

>he shitposts about what words someone uses about guns but doesn't have any

It does absolutely nothing to hinder performance
It comes standard with 90% of uppers
It helps run the gun if you're stupid enough to get your gun gummed up
ARs aren't meant to look sleek and smooth, they're supposed to be practical weapons. If you want a clean slab-side rifle, get a rifle not based on a military gun.
Not a fan of that handguard senpai. Carbine forends always look dumb with rifle-length barrels imo.

Charging handles are dumb change my mind

Phuck you am I being detained

Attached: glockshadowgote.png (743x801, 426K)

it was on sale and is lethal vs soft targets as any other AR, senpai.

If you get rid of the charging handle, how are you going to get your auto loading rifle to chamber a round from an empty chamber, or clear malfunctions?

The Tavor (now X95) doesn't have a forward assist, and it is a battle proven rifle.

Ok so if you check to see if there's a round in the chamber just pull it back a little more then let go, problem solves itself without the forward assist
It's literally the Pascal's wager of guns, yeah it COULD go into battery with just a nudge but it's more likely you have nasty debris and will take 5 minutes to clear the rifle and the debris. It's just easier 99% of the time to use the charging handle and guarantee a good lock up.
>Muh quiet chambering
You will literally never use this

Have you never had a pistol cartridge not fully seat and you smack the back of the slide to fully seat it?

/thread

I have, to date, never used it in a setting I'm not being shot at in, that wasn't a function test after a full strip.
I want it on my service weapon, not my toy meant to put holes in a sheet of paper in the most expensive way possible.
The key difference is if the service weapon fails after using it, The Man pays for a new one. If the toy fails after using it, I pay for it.

Bring your cleaning supplies to the range, and a couple extra rifles in case you're in a situation where you could use FA at the range. Just pop it apart and fix the issue in the trunk of your car, or unload and put it back in the case and switch to something else.

Also those goats are super cute and if they're consenting adults with human or higher intelligence, fuck them if you want to. Harkness test that shit.

I have had that happen, but I just racked the slide, and grabbed the round later.

well a lot of us are not as retarded as you

>223
>expensive
There are no failure after using the FA, dum dum. It pushes on the bolt, not the pin. You know, the little scallops on the side?

>use charging handle
>without drawing it 100% back and ejecting a round
No.

Like I said, mental deficients.

Why did you not simply bump it closed, save half your motion and your cartridge lmao

Attached: thonk.jpg (1280x720, 41K)

It was a qualification shoot, so I did what I was trained to do as quickly as I could. I also had had a couple stove pipes before that, the issued qual pistols are junk.

Ok but just because you personally chose a poor option for action doesn't mean most other people won't simply bump it closed and keep shooting. I am truly sorry for your brain problem.

I'd like to see you do better during a live fire drill with a timer and a chain of previous malfunctions that require a rack to fix, including 2 stovepipes, and 1 failure to feed.

Weird flex, but it's not hard.

Attached: badge.jpg (178x300, 19K)

I mean, I have other rounds I use. 338 Lapua is like $5/round after tax from a store. .308 is about a buck a piece. I mean, you can get a Bic pen for like $0.10 and it'll poke holes the same size.

It's not a flex moron, the test is irrelevant outside of the context of mild stress reducing complex problem solving ability. The point is a series of corrective actions, the actions are the same because it always solves the problem if it is quickly fixable, I might have noticed the slide wasn't fully forward and acted differently if I was leasurly plinking paper, but when I need to shoot quick, already corrected malfunctions with a slide rack, and another malfunction occurs the first thing my stoopid 10iq brain came up with was so the same damn thing. Repeatability ultimately is the whole fucking idea behind training, do the same thing over, and over, and over until it is second nature. I count it as a success of training.

What the fuck did I say you dumb nog, draw the bolt back without ejecting the round, just to where the base of the neck is visible and let go, chambers the cartridge no problem. You can do this too unless you have parkinsons, in which case you shouldn't be aiming a rifle anyways.

>but mu fluid displacement

And yet you are unable to simply bump a pistol slide lmfao

I've seen first time shooters figure this one out, champ.

Have you ever shot a handgun? I'm assuming not by your answer. If you're actually aiming you'll have a hard time seeing whether or not you have an FTF/FTE/Failure to go into battery. Rather than take the time to investigate just rack the slide and fix whatever problem caused it to not fire. Literally the same reason to not bother with a forward assist, because it's faster to immediately solve the issue than investigating the issue then press the button. Fucking no guns.

Attached: 1556851484726.jpg (575x523, 66K)

says the guy who literally does twice the motion and wastes a cartridge

ok retard

Reverse image search is a bitch, huh?

Attached: Capture.png (1597x353, 466K)

There's no reason not to have it and pretty much every upper worth spending money on has it, so just have it.

I feel like the case against forward assists is overblown. From personal experience as a young retarded 11b who was never told otherwise, I'd mash that forward assist every time I chambered a round. Since my weapon was always clean, the shitty issued M4 always went bang when I needed it to, forward assist or no.

I've used this feature when hunting coyotes. The sound of a bcg slamming home frightens game.

Wish Stoner went with a side charging reciprocating design, or maybe something like the Steyr AUG.

Not that other guy, but the only reason you know your malfunction was a round not going full into battery is because you pulled that gun out of your shooting stance and looked at it to see what was wrong before you fixed it, which takes longer and more action than just tap-rack-bang. You are dirt poor if you worry about losing one round to the dust, and in da streetz if you take the time to sit around and stare at your shit you loose time you could have just spent putting a new round in and shooting the fucker.
Take a class retard.

Attached: 1544018590076.jpg (665x692, 66K)

Cold weather. Don’t listen to incuck.tv. In cold climates the bolt often fails to lock and the FA helps

I've used the FA to initially chamber rounds when the gun is a) dirty and super cold. b) using weird maga that the gun didn't like. The key to using a FA is to not be a total fucking retard.

>itt; I've never had to use my FA at my clean gun range in my region that rarely gets under 60F so why would anyone else? What the hell do you mean by 'SPORTS'?

>No other platform with a similar bolt has the forward assist,
No other platform has been as successful around the world. Everyone is using ar15s.

What most people don't realize is the forward assist was an absolute game changer for the military because it allowed the soldier to manually jam the shit out of his rifle

hey did you know the M16 is a military rifle?

what makes you say that?

>the only reason you know your malfunction was a round not going full into battery is because you pulled that gun out of your shooting stance and looked at it to see what was wrong before you fixed it
except you can see plain as day without even moving lmao

>which takes longer and more action than just tap-rack-bang
you're literally saying racking the slide is quicker than bumping the back of it? oh kay ree tard

>the only effect of losing a round is 15 cents out of my pocket
ok i just realized i'm arguing with a troll. i am ashamed.

Oh look, this fucking topic again.

Attached: 1553735359743.png (751x566, 519K)

This is the only honest answer.
This is still honest, but idiotic.
This is more likely dishonest.
There is a divot in the damn bolt that you can use to push it into battery. It works well and there is no utility in silently loading a weapon anyway. Your weapon should be loaded long before you use it.

Attached: UpperReceiver.jpg (1000x700, 163K)

>b) using weird maga that the gun didn't like.
Hm, wonder why the gun didn't like this weird maga...

Attached: 81Nh4pEnbyL._SY550_.jpg (408x550, 36K)

>am a guy who gets all his gun advice from liberals and satanists

Forward assists work. Since you and a bunch of other fags have never been put into a situation were you need one, you don't see the value.

They're common as fuck.

Attached: 1556975021380.jpg (1998x1332, 1.61M)

>etnausium
AD NAUSEAM
Christ, user.

Attached: you shouldnt have done that stalker.png (680x843, 402K)

AR-10 got it right. Combine charging handle and forward assist into one

Attached: the only AR-10 that matters.jpg (2048x1536, 356K)

If you are in a shooting stance the only thing you see is that your slide is out of battery and your trigger is dead. Bumping the slide may solve whatever the problem is, but it could be that the round is fucked or your mag isn't seated all the way, so you cover your bases and do a full malfunction drill.
You are literally a poor if 15cents is that big a deal to you.

ar-18 is a better design..

I’ve used mine hunting to silently get a round in the chamber

>There is a divot in the damn bolt that you can use to push it into battery
>It works well
No, but thanks for playing

>nonargument
If you can't use that effectively, you ain't shit.

>what is heat and directional force
Honestly you should probably just stop posting like you have any clue about what you're talking about.