North Carolina State Thread

North Carolina State Thread
“Where’s the free land” Edition

Post your area codes, find people to shoot with.

Discord: discord.gg/EWd9jqK

Attached: D3mrSxCWwAAgTPm.jpg large.jpg (1559x1121, 256K)

216 reporting

oh wait, thats ohio, can i still come?

Attached: Pix_392019172530195.png (1650x1137, 1.53M)

704 yankees go home

hi retard, it's fucking late and you gotta wake up early for dixie gun and knife tommorow get to sleep

also i'll be there from 9 to maybe 1, i'm a short white guy with a beard and glasses in a tiger stripe cap. Anybody from Jow Forums feel free to say hey and we can shoot the shit.

fuck off retard with beard and tiger stripe cap. also can you Jow Forumsarpool tomorrow?

Go bug Fennell, if he can't, hmu on discord.

Bump

704 here. What's the best outdoor range around?

Attached: 20190326_214057.jpg (4160x3120, 3.75M)

But seriously where the fuck can I go to shoot around here that isn't a range?

t. stuck in Camp Lejeune

Foothills or flintlock valley. Bring a friend for the drive. Theres a fancy rifle club but I think they charge a couple hundred to join and require an NRA membership

Attached: 1556031029819.jpg (960x960, 70K)

Take Aim Training just south of Monroe is pretty good. It is $150 a year for a membership. They are pretty relaxed and let you shot steel core ammo and steel targets. They are kind of poedunk and don't have the nicest facilities though. They do go out to 300 yards however. The other option is Foothills Range. It has really nice facilities but you can't shoot magnetic ammo which kills it for me. They also only go out to 200 yards I think.

I thought some military bases opened up their rifle ranges to personnel when they aren't in use. Is that not the case?

They did fairly recently open up one of the pistol ranges for recreational use on weekens but none of the rifle ranges, and knowing the bureaucracy it'll be ages before that happens. I just want some public land to shoot on but I can't find any damn spots where it's legal

704 reporting
I agree, go the fuck home. Your driving and political beliefs are fucked worse than a black prostitute on Skid Row

Get me the fuck outta 252

Native born 704 here. So much this! They fucking shit up our politics and drive like assholes.

The only good thing about the city is I can take back roads practically everywhere and skip the out of state drivers and Mexicans with no license who have never seen a paved road before. My wife and bought a house in south Charlotte and it's not bad, desu. All white folk always walking dogs and housing too much for any people of color to move into. We do have a gay pride waiting flagpole a street or two behind me but then the house directly across the street put out a damn 10x12 or some crazy big Confederate flag outfront and switches it up with a dont tread on me flag kek. You still staying in Charlotte? Any plans on getting out while you still can and with s little freedom and innocence left intact?

Hello neighbours and totally fellow Southerners, I bought a small parcel of land outside Boone near Deep Gap back a couple years back that I'm waiting on the county to greenlight building. Anybody in 828?

Attached: 1110171300a.jpg (1328x747, 218K)

Not that I dislike Charlotte per se, but I've wanted to try living somewhere else for while. I've got a great job that is keeping me here. I'd like Charlotte more if it was a little closer to the center of the spectrum instead of it being as left as it is. The city council and the new sheriff trying to turn Charlotte into a sanctuary city recently really pissed me off. If I every chance jobs I'll probably consider moving elsewhere.

Yeah, I get it. My wife and I are trying for kids now and figured by the time they're ready for school we'll move over to upstate (where I lived and grew up as a kid) to some small town outside of spartanburg like Landrum or Columbus. The city is getting too big, too progressive too quick. I've never seen so many Mexicans on South Blvd or hell, all of Charlotte to he honest and it keeps getting worse and worse including black crime and the city refusing to acknowledge the problem, therefore not creating a solution. After this UNCC shooting, out die hard liberal city council and liberal mayor, I'm almost certain gun laws will change for the worse just like they did when they implemented the mental health background check. Plus I'd never put my kids in the CMS school system. Charlotte used to be a nice quiet place for the most part and everyone you talked to was born and raised here but everyone from places like PA, NYC, NJ started flooding the county.

>great job
Your two options are Charlotte and Raleigh. If you like mountain activities stay put, if you like pretentious art and nightlife or you're a bureaucrat head to Raleigh.

>if you like pretentious art and nightlife or you're a bureaucrat head to Raleigh.
you literally just summed up all of South End in Charlotte

Shit mane, I spent 6th and 7th grade living up in Avery county in a private Christian school that boards and it was fucking beautiful! I haven't been up that way in in almost 20 years so I'm sure its grown up the last time I was there but from what I remember it was soooo peaceful and the fishing was amazing! We used to go to elk river falls and jump off from that rock and say it's a must if you haven't done it yet.

Oh god! I almost forgot to mention all the black crime until you reminded me. The city council and the mayor completely ignore that problem and try to pin it on just about everything else. I'm really fucking sick of it. CMS had some decent schools when I was growing up but they ruin them with their bullshit bussing policy that is guided by guilt tripping and virtue signaling.

Holy shit, man. Wanna go get a beer lol but your absolutely right. Because of bussing out of districts, schools that were all white in extremely nice areas are now 80% black and won't get the funding like they used to so now they drag the kids down even though their parents worked so hard to put them in that school. And then the nice kids from the same school are forced to go to another school off of Betties Ford rd or another ghetto run down school to fail. As if the social experiment they tested in the late 60s early 70s was a massive success. It's extremely frustrating and one of the reasons why I will never put my kids through this school system. Even the private/charter schools are getting the same treatment by our city. Again, what's the point of working my ass off to out my kid through an amazing school just to have him yanked out and thrown in Butler with shit students who dont care, sale drugs and shoot each other, shit teachers who dont care, and a shit school who doesn't get any funding because they know it will be trashed in two years. Sorry for my rambling, man. It's just nice talking to someone from my city with similar views and opinions.

I'll have to check it out, I've been that way a couple times but never really stayed all that long. Long enough to decide I wanted the land and want to settle there after college. Also did some whitewater rafting in TN on the Ocoee river which is where I took that first picture.

Attached: E0J5Lqu.jpg (1600x1200, 189K)

How are the prices on land up there? Wouldn't mind a half acre to an acre and just get a double wide delivered. Honestly looking for long term, family raising retirement setup.

803 here
can't find the south carolina one anywhere so send help

I paid $3.5k for roughly 3.3 acres, think the going price is a bit more than that since I got this from an estate. Half an acre will probably be fairly cheap, about what I paid depending on how close to Boone you are. In the more expensive areas I've seen it as high as $14k an acre where it's more developed.

Sounds just like Raleigh. It's bad here in the 919

Nothing is sacred anymore.
That's not too bad. The further away my family and I are from people, the better!

910 here, I have no idea where to shoot.

828 her, and I share your sentiment. Also we need to deport Floridians.

I thought there was a long gun range on Lejune. If you make like you're going out the front gate it should be on the right somewhere.
>I know that isn't the best description, it's been a while okay

Yee fucking haw
t. Appstate fag
>I'm older than the typical student though, so I'm cooler

Gay ass state and gay ass thread.

Moved to Durham. Got my PPP in 3 days some how but they told me conceal carry takes 4 months to get. I know that is probably total horseshit as the law says they must give it to me in 45 days. Fucking annoying.

Area seems devoid of any good outdoor ranges not run by fudds and no free areas to shoot.