If only you knew how bad things really are

>if only you knew how bad things really are

Attached: 20190503_130741.jpg (3264x2448, 1.21M)

People on this board think Mosins should be $60 forever just like my grandma thinks movie tickets should be a quarter forever.

That's not how economics works, goober.

Found the boomer

Mosins that aren't rare models or Finns aren't quite $400 yet, they're still around the $200-$300 mark for standard M91s or M91/30s. But yes I do agree, people think milsurp will always be cheap for some reason.

>doesn't understand economics
>calls people boomers because they upset him

LOL just the opposite. Only old people and communists believe that there's one set price that any particular item is *supposed* to cost forever. Which one are you?

I remember paying $1.20 for a gallon of gas. So what's your fucking point?

GenX'er here. The lowest I ever saw was 79 cents a gallon just after Desert Storm. Even at the time it was cheap.

I paid 76 cents a gallon and I’m only 37.

Mosins are shit sticks and they were only worth getting when they were $100. The price can go up, but that doesn't mean the value increased for me. If I wanted to spend $400 it won't be on a shitty surp gun.

Who tf is still buying these? They were only ever considered acceptable cause they were cheap. Mosins are horribly inaccurate, have an action that is probably the worst out of all bolt actions ever, the rifle often comes caked in cosmoline. Anyone stupid enough to buy a mosin in 2019 is a retard. For that price you can get an ar15, or hell a cheap savage bolt action that will shoot 1 moa whereas the Mosins won't even get close. No one gives a shit about Mosins and sks anymore. We have ar15s and many other rifles that are just as cheap but far superior.

When i started driving in about 97/98 it was 1.10-130, chicagoniggertown prices too.

I remember paying $1.50 (after rewards, think the standard gas price was $1.70 that day) last year when it dipped pretty low.
They still have historical value especially as more and more succumb to bubba's will and are transformed into shitty hunting rifles. Nobody with half a brain is going to buy a Mosin for accuracy, for hunting, or any practical reason, people are now buying them for historical reasons. People held the same opinion about fucking every milsurp to hit the market since the 1920's, they're cheap "good enough" guns then grow in price due to scarcity and basic economics, then become interesting either mechanically or historically.

And here we have Jow Forums's autistic inability to understand why people buy antiques or what gives them their value. Expect much, MUCH more of this to come in this thread.

Mosins are pretty much the worst guns ever. The only reason they ever got popular was because it was the only gun poorfags could afford. Poorfags deluded themselves into thinking they were great guns and not the bargain bin reject trash that they really are. Owning a Mosin has a high correlation with having autism. Ask anyone shooting a normal gun about what they have and they will give you a short and good explanation. Ask a Mosin owner what they have and they'll start autistically listing off battles that happened 100 years ago that Mosins were used in. And then they'll start going on about its "superiority" because they are too delusional to realize it is nothing more than a shitty bolt action. If I see someone with a Mosin I just assume they are subhuman trash and 99/100 times I'm absolutely right.

You fucking kike loving nigger faggot retards the price of moist nuggets spiked because Barrack Osama put sanctions on Russian imports which stopped mosins from continuing to enter the country. They would still be around or under $200 because of how many are still sitting packed in cosmoline begging to be shipped to the states.

Rude.

Attached: Muh Nuggets.jpg (1192x1212, 707K)

Funny thread. I went to cabelas two weeks ago looking to buy a mosin...they had tons of em in perfect condition for $350 bucks...then I didn't like the price and asked if they had any lugers. I got my first luger ever that day. I always wanted one and paid $1600 for it. All the numbers matched and I only shot it once. Shoots amazingly and I cleaned it and put it away to never shoot again unless someone I like really wants to shoot one.

By the way, anons. Are mosins even practical for protection if shit ever hits the fan this day in age?

>Mosins are pretty much the worst guns ever.
So? Nobody buys antiques for high performance. You might as well say that Model T Fords are slow or that Apple IIs have low-res graphics. Everybody who collects them knows that, and none of them care.
Mosins were as cheap as they were for a perfect storm of reasons that created a bubble which can't ever be repeated. Obummer is just one of the reasons why prices rose. Anyhow, there really aren't as many still sitting in crates as you think. Lots of things have soaked them up, including the wars in Ukraine, Syria, Libya, and Venezuela. Pic related is a Venezuelan National Guardsman with a Mosin that got issued to him this year - doubtless some military aid from Russia.

The point is that nobody in Russia is going to sell them off to an American importer for $10 a pop anymore, which means you won't be getting them for $70 ever again.

Attached: 1550956891943.jpg (1484x1113, 209K)

don't listen to him. I'm but I always wanted one. They are beautiful and I hear they go boom and that they can take a fuck ton of abuse. I like your collection

>Are mosins even practical for protection if shit ever hits the fan this day in age?
No. But the good news is that we are in the middle of the golden age of the cheap AR. Buy one of those instead.

I'll stick to my AK. I got 40 magazines for it and a fuck ton of ammo

Nice

Attached: 1550968239191.gif (629x708, 797K)

did you just fucking make this

Anyone expecting to get them for $70 is a fool. They however shouldn't be around $400, prior to the sanctions you could pick them up reasonably for $150-$200. Even with those events hoovering some of them up the impact should be minimal, the biggest factor is that the faucet got shut off.

Not all bad fren

Attached: 20190503_102327.jpg (4160x3120, 2.6M)

Fucking communists

Attached: 17F1B528-DEC0-492C-ADD0-F8E2E44B4E6E.gif (370x281, 1.98M)

That gif

It's Cabela's, they're always overpriced as shit.

>prior to the sanctions you could pick them up reasonably for $150-$200.
All milsurp has gone up dramatically in the years since those sanctions were passed. There's no reason to believe the Mosin wouldn't have too, with or without sanctions.

I got a guy that gives me all the inside info on cabelas. If guns come from corporate, they are instructed to sell the guns overpriced. If its a trade in, the guns are sold for cheap

I'm going to buy a mosin just cuz like all guns, it will be hard to find one day

>go to Cabelas
>find Yugo m48
> $600
>looks like it was stored for 50 years in a watery asshole
What will Cabelas do when people unable to use the internet finally die off?

prob charge even more money since they are selling all of the guns the boomers were hoarding

Southron detected.
Your houses only cost 65k

>going to Cabelas for anything but obscure or vintage hunting rifles
milsurp faggots are retarded holy shit

Mosins are worthless. Get a decent rifle chambered in a cartridge that isn't obsolescent.

>Are mosins even practical for protection if shit ever hits the fan this day in age?
A functioning mosin is still better than no gun.

See

Okay but your choices aren’t a Mosin or nothing, and at this point milsurp is an exceptionally bad choice for someone who’s just looking for a cheap blaster.

Mmmm salt.

Attached: received_336140730478049.jpg (640x463, 112K)

>$1.20/gallon
That's about what it was when I first started driving. Then 9/11 happened and it never came back down that much again

guys I have indigestion and cant enjoy this thread cuz all the doxycycline ive been taking 10 days strait twice a day is making me sick in the stomach and I had to take it cuz a tick bit me

Love the collection, but the unkept poorfag patio bricks tells me all I need to know.

I understand supply and demand, but not the price that starts getting you into modern day bolt guns. If it was like 200 to 250, I can some what go for that, but not 400 before tax shit. Last time I went to cabelas about 2 months ago, all their used long gun section was mosin. Shit just rustles my jimmies.

I have no problem with anyone saying that they wouldn't buy one at their current price. It just means you aren't an antiques collector. As I've said before, milsurp guns are no longer a good choice for someone who's just looking for a cheap blaster. If that's what you want, there are many better choices out there.

>that they wouldn't buy one at their current price. It just means you aren't an antiques collector.
You're retarded as shit, totally missed the point. It's one thing if it's a hard to find item, but when you go I to a store and see 100 of them on the rack, it's not so much collector's item. You must be some retarded fuddy, I dont got the time or energy to argue with some one as retarded as you.

Found a boomer lol

Attached: 1541351315894.png (587x619, 552K)

Only a sith and a boomer deal in absolutes faggot.

I love nuggets, but I think their prices, and of the vast majority of surplus, went up way too fucking drastic. There are a few surplus guns that are coming down. A small batch of T53 went for cheap on allen's armory, CZ82 prices are coming down, and tokarevs are still decent.

There are currently better guns to get into, and hopefully nugget prices might come down once importers and distributors see that no one is willing to pay 400 bucks for a nugget. I don't expect the days of 75 dollar nuggets anymore, or 15 cpr ammo, but fuck paying more than 250 for a run of the mill 91/30 IMO. At 400 bucks, I'd rather find a nugget that is more interesting. I bought a 91/59 just last year for about 300 bucks, and I consider that fair for one considering the market in the past five years.

Why the fuck are nuggets so popular? Out of all of the military bolt actions I've used it was by far the worst one out of all of them.
I mean I like my nugget because it was one that was manufactured in the US, but I'd much rather shoot my SMLE.

can you guys recommend me more antique guns to look into right now please? I want to see what I can find at cabelas next week

>Some other man's wood is giving me wood

what are some better alternatives of old bolt action rifles then?

They used to cost $79 and you could buy spam cans of cheap shitty corrosive Russian ammo for them for a song. They were big and brutal and a good cheap intro to the shooting sports. they were sort of Jow Forums's national weapon, although I never wanted one.

Now they cost more than entry-level factory made rifles. An era has passed. Le sigh.

Attached: papalu hurls a moist nugget.jpg (799x532, 139K)

Fucking anything. I've got an SMLE III* and a Kar98k myself.

wont one day m16s be for sale as surplus?

Attached: 1555337839494.jpg (459x448, 62K)

That is purdy good gif ya got there.

They are right now You have to get thdm in parts kits though. SARCO is selling theirs for $500 right now without the barrel. Pick one up.

Czech or Serbian Mausers.
1903 Springfield, Swiss straight pull.
Get a Garand.
I personally have a M39 Sako barreled Finn, K31, 1896/11 Schmidt Rubin, 1943 Springfield M1 Garand that has been rebarrelled, new wood and reparkerized, new trigger group.

An AR.

top zozzle, best post I've seen all day

Attached: avatar712414_2.gif.jpg (98x98, 7K)

Found the retard who said the same stupid thing somebody else already did.

And it was wrong then too

Cabela's gun library is pretty much luck. Some places might have nothing, some places might have good shit over priced, some places might have fucking awesome deals. My local cabela's is one of the better ones in the country when it comes to guns they buy and price. I got several nice guns for a fucking awesome price; SVT-40 for 400 bucks, French K98 for 300. Now, there are a few that fucking suck too. The one in Buda, TX seems to have over priced fucking everything whenever I check online. Online inventory is not current through, especially since they got rid of a lot of dedicated online guys and just have random library people do them now.

You just need to go in and see what they have, then do research to see if they are good. They only occasionally have corporate bulk buys now (the nuggets and the swiss guns from last year were cooperate buys). You can sometimes find sporterized stuff for cheap that you could restore as well. I see tons of sporterized enfields and mausers.

If you want an actual antique gun that requires no background check, I say don't even bother with cabela's library. They usually only buying expensive as fuck ones.

If you are looking at "antiques" because you just want a cheap gun, then just look at cheap ass savages or rugers instead.

based logician

>muh history

I could understand making this argument if you had a true numbers matching Mosin with known provenance. However, the majority of people claiming >muh history regarding their Mosins own a force-matched anonymous frankengun that has no history other than "sat covered in cosmoline in a Soviet warehouse for decades." Claiming that shit like that is "historically significant" is about as valid as saying that a stippled Glock with a Chinese slave labor weapon light purchased from Amazon is "upgraded."

>P08 for $1600
Is that how much they normally cost?

Not that guy, but Luger prices are incredibly variable. Some of it is the usual suspects like caliber or condition, but things like the year it was made and the company that made it matter tremendously. As a rule of thumb:

>anything that has fake stamps loses significant value
>non-matching loses significant value
>reblue loses significant value
>waffenamp = serious $, even though non-war production is going to be of objectively better quality

The problem is actually having the knowledge to spot those things. Unless you have some of the good reference books dedicated to Lugers or have access to trustworthy expert opinions, there is a high chance you will either end up overpaying or getting ripped the fuck off.

I can remember it being under a dollar and I’m 30

Here have hug

That I have more guns on my patio than you have ever held?

I know, keep the salt coming friendo, more surp for me.

Attached: gun family 1(small).jpg (3000x2166, 1.73M)

>No one gives a shit about Mosins and sks anymore.
I love my sks though. Its probably my favorite gun to shoot