This is the greatest version of the M16 there is, tacticool fags you may not like it...

This is the greatest version of the M16 there is, tacticool fags you may not like it, but this is what the peak of performance looks like

Attached: 12342134321.jpg (1003x1131, 191K)

I agree

Correct

As a A1 clone owner myself, I’d have to agree

I'm still waiting on my m16a1 parts kit, can't wait

Where did you order the parts from?

beg to differ

Attached: Screen-Shot-2018-10-01-at-7.42.39-AM.png (897x515, 361K)

A1 is for larping fags, prove me wrong
Pro tip: you can't

An adjustable stock is objectively better. Personally not a fan of the handguard as well but that's just my opinion.

Lo and behold right after I mention it.

I also agree. I had iron sights in boot camp and I'd rather not have to worry about optics.

Real shame that most of the rifles on the market tacti-suck.

>t. was never forced to shoot hundreds of thousands of rounds through one with a shot out barrel, aging gas rings, and bent magazines

>peak of aesthetics
I tweaked that just slightly for ya.

Where did you find it?

It's really good, especially for its time.
I can think of a few things though:
>A2 handguards are less fragile and easier to replace
>30rd aluminum mags have higher capacity and are more reliable
>the A2 style brass deflector is nice (though not strictly necessary)
For this reason, I like the Colt 715 configuration (except the A2 pistolgrip, fuck that stupid fingerstep).

I think the A1 is mostly better than the A2 though, it's lighter, the A1 sights are simpler and better suited for combat, and full-auto is better than burst. Aesthetically it's ace.

Attached: 715 Clone.jpg (3264x1836, 2.88M)

Basically this, personally I like the traingle forends better but a 715 upper with a Pencil barrel, A1 Forend & Pistol grip and an A2 buttstock are GOAT

I mean, you're not wrong.

Attached: WP_20180405_003.jpg (3072x1728, 2.59M)

>My rifle was old and worn out
>therefore the design is bad

>A beat to shit rifle is miserable to use
Wow holy shit Sherlock thanks for that revelation

What fucking guns are nice to use in that condition?

Well no shit that's gonna suck. Gotta take care of them.

Phil, when did you stop being a loser and actually get decent?

Fuckin-A!

>Fuckin-A1
FTFY

Attached: IMG_5091.jpg (1600x1200, 1.25M)

There's no M203 on it though

Attached: AIRMAN_Mathew_Rizzo,_a_30th_Security_Forces_team_member_wears_eye_protection,_canteen_belt_and_a_fie (675x1024, 245K)

I'm more of an A2 fan myself It's what I carried in the army.

Good contribution, you stupid dipshit.

He’s gonna say AK that stupid fuck

That's not even a accurate A1 clone you quadruple nigger.
>A2 full fenced lower
>A2 grip
>A2 flash hider

>A2 full fenced lower
A1 lowers had full fencing. Note the lack of extra reinforcement found at the pivot pin and buffer tube socket introduced on the A2.
>A2 grip
There's no finger rest, so not A2 grip.
>A2 flash hider
You can see that the ports are spaced equidistant around the circumference, rather than only across the upper arc.

Unfuck yourself.

Attached: 1548965601663.jpg (871x1081, 420K)

A1s were full fenced you fucking idiot, A1 grips lacked the A2 finger-step as you see there, and has the sling point at the bottom there, the hider is also appropriate.

Attached: M16A2.jpg (4288x3216, 2.97M)

Attached: this guy is a fucking idiot.png (499x338, 38K)

That's clearly an A1 grip and flash hider. Do you see a finger nub or the bottom of the birdcage being blocked off? I think they had lowers both with and without fencing on rifles that looked like this too, though both were gray, which this lower also is.

Based. 1/7 twist tho

Jow Forums has honest to god, too many fucking neo-fudds.

Attached: b56.jpg (680x443, 115K)

>iron sights only
>expecting to be fighting in daylight only
>not being able to mount even a simple red dot without a pants on head retarded screw on bracket system
I'm sure the enemy will be sporting only attack at daytime.

#
>a whore rifle that’s been passed around and maintained to minimum spec is going to be on par to a rifle that’s legitimately only owned, used, and maintained by you and you only throughout its life.

The screw on rail is actually really comfy.

>not using your muzzle flashes as a light source

>not an A2/stock A4

its shit

>1:12 twist
>only stabilizes baby bitch bullets
>best
Sure dude.

Any hit that would destroy an optic would destroy either your rifle or your iron sights, brainlet.

>larping is bad

M193 is the only 556 round worth shooting

M193 is mediocre as fuck as far as generic ball goes, you can do better.

>t.retard spotted

>Forward assist
Gross

Attached: image.jpg (1010x470, 340K)

Yes. There's various hollowpoints, varmint loads, and match loads, which categorically provide better terminal ballistics.
I mean M193 works, but it's by no means the best.

Does anyone sell an upper like this with a stainless barrel?

>birdcage
No.

The A1 had a birdcage hider you mong.

A1 barrel is best barrel.

Earlier ones had three prong

Some did, but the A1 flash hider was designed along side the A1 hence the name. Usually you'd see them in pictures Frankenstein'd by the armory when they had a surplus of M16 barrels left over with the three prongs so they just stuck them on the new A1 upper. They did not get shipped A1s, remove the bird cage and slap on a 3 prong.

*sip* what's the matter boy cant handle a real gun.

Attached: 1556829828428m.jpg (1024x1024, 95K)

The thread was about the greatest version.

really? that doesn't appear to be a 604

It looks naked somehow without at least some fencing

Attached: Colt604.jpg (1037x864, 140K)

gonna run out of batteries clearing my house at night p quick that way tqbhwyf

Who's a fudd? If I'm going to tacticool an AR I'm going to do it right and do a two stamper .300 memeout build. As a 5.56 daylight rifle the A1/A2 are tops.

You want the flash hider that was prone to breaking in the field?

>My standards for a fighting rifle are from the 1960s

Attached: 1535988330800.jpg (1064x1063, 129K)

t. man who shits on tacticool kids for larping

I agree, it's the coolest one. Also it's the one I grew up seeing in movies and tv so it's basically seared into my brain.

Wish they would make that same a2 grip more vertical

What state?

>not using tritium contact lenses

This

M193 out of a 20" barrel killed gooks by the hundreds of thousands. Modern loads out of an M4 struggle to put down malnourished, inbred sandgroids.

>performance

No. Very aesthetic, possibly the MOST aesthetic, but there has been upgrades for a reason.

Would a 20 inch a1 inspired rifle look cool with a xm177 muzzle device or would it be too long

>no bayonet lug
Into the trash it goes.

A reverse thread 177 flash hider looks p. Cool they sit back almost to the FSB the only downside is they heavy.

U rite

Attached: DSC00184_zpsvfaqp7jo.jpg (640x480, 112K)

I believe its removed to fit the XM-148

Attached: 26a5230a90ea101b51ae8bdad5b4630d.jpg (450x368, 31K)

There is absolutely nothing wrong with using Irons, and with the proper training and trigger time. Can be just as effective at ranges out to 300 meters as red dots and optics. Fucking fight me faggots.
>inb4 night fighting
What is a flare? Get with it h8rs

Attached: M16A2 aesthetic.jpg (2820x1810, 2.46M)

my A1 clone's upper and lower are different colors, is this a normal thing or should I have them andonized to be the same? it really bothers my autism

Yes perfectly normal. Besides, good luck getting them stripped and reanoded, no one competent does the grey. If it really bothers you I'd recommend getting them coated in molyresin.

>cheap ass phosphate bolt carrier
Fuck off nochrome fags, gimme my XM16E1

I'm pretty happy with mine.

Attached: IMG_20190329_090530.jpg (5248x3117, 2.92M)

I fucking love the aesthetics of the A1s and XM177s to death but faggots like you who think that they're better than stuff that's produced in this day and age are just as bad, if not worse than fudds.

Nothing wrong with irons, just that optics are better in every way. Whether its the speed of a red dot or the magnification of an LPVO, they blow iron sights out of the water.
>just as effective at ranges out to 300 meters
flat out wrong, not going to argue that dumb point any further. You're either a zoomer fudd or poor. Go take a class or something and watch you get shat on by dudes with optics.

The only reason why fagu's like you shit all over irons and say shit like they get blown out of the water by optics is because you probably have little training on irons yourself. Especially when it comes to "combative" shooting, i.e. snap shooting moving targets at distance that only show themselves for a limited time. I will say this, and I think this is the number one reason why people, particularly Jow Forumsunts, shit on iron sights and think they are no longer usable. Using iron sights, especially for leading targets properly, has a massive learning curve to master that takes quite a long time to get down and get the muscle memory for. Especially when sights like ACOG's with ACSS reticles pretty much do the leading for you, allowing you to just line up the correct windage value and pull the trigger. Making the learning curve with ACOG's much much easier. But if you were to have somebody who actually has the training and trigger time to develop the proper skills to use irons effectively. Such as riflemen and infantrymen before optics became a thing. You'd find that they would land their shots just as fast and effectively as someone using optics would......Out to 300 meters. But seeing as how the overwhelming majority of gunfights happen well within 300, that's not really a concern.

Attached: Fun in the sun aesthetic.jpg (2840x1880, 2.39M)

On the other hand "ree my older technology is just as good with enough training" was what everyone else said about crossbowmen, and look how that turned out.

A1 is the best one

Attached: 11F8A623-9360-4B0C-8AC2-5953AF4DBE0F.jpg (1575x2100, 1.09M)

It's the RIFLE IS FINE era of the Stoner family. I get that ARs are Legos but at some point the modifications and gadgets build up to the point that a new base design might be simpler.

Wat

>The virgin thumb over bore fighting stance
>The Chad straight posture straight leg's feet together stance

Attached: nice pillow.jpg (750x1000, 161K)

What type of magazine is this?

yeah

Attached: Snapchat-681020680.jpg (2688x1398, 1.3M)

who needs em

Attached: Snapchat-1199614183.jpg (2688x1398, 1.47M)

I'm in the middle of building a whole new upper for my Windham Govt Rifle, and I want to have everything you do, but have a pencil barrel.

I'm also going to buy a metric fuck ton of grey mags for it.

Attached: IMG_20190104_143035456.jpg (4344x2444, 1.73M)

Stop deluding yourself. You're trading performance for aesthetics. That, or you're just poor.

25 rounder.

Attached: IMG_20190408_190809.jpg (3716x2804, 2.43M)

this is so dumb

>no brass deflector
as a lefty I have to disagree.

virgin acog babies detected. Don't project your shitty marksmanship onto this thread.

you don't need no acog old man

Attached: IMG_20190210_150033958_HDR.jpg (3006x5344, 2.97M)

As a human being I have to disagree with your disgusting lifestyle choices.

if you have a flat top you might as well put the KAC rail on it

Attached: 16a4gery.jpg (2048x1152, 329K)