Rusted SKS pls help

So I finally bought my first SKS, and unfortunately I found out after removing the stock that is has some serious patches of rust on it and I'm kinda concerned. The bore looks good, and it didn't take many passes for the patches to start coming out clean, however, on the side of the receiver, it appears they pinned out some old serial numbers when they refurbished it and didn't re coat them. So now unfortunately I have these rust patches on it.
How can I remove this rust and some how recoat these areas, without further damaging the factory blueing. Pic related is mine when it arrived.

Attached: download_20190504_012406.jpg (2448x3264, 711K)

Pics related are the rusted portions. Not sure how to remove this rust without further damaging things, and then reprotect these areas.

Attached: IMG_20190504_004140.jpg (4160x3120, 3.52M)

Have you never owned anything metal before? Steel wool and then oil it. Better yet, spots that are hidden by the stock can be painted.

Evaporust maybe?

Relax that is just some minor pitting.
Here is what you do. Pin point and find ALL sources of rust including moist places inside the stock.

Sand the surfaces. Literally sand the rust and pitting off. Don't try to steel wool it and treat it with some CLP because that is only temporary.

Don't use a dremel and remove more than you have to. Just get some sand paper I dont remember which grit but after sanding you can apply some barricade or any other rust protectant. Don't get blueing pen or perma blue or any of that bullshit because its not actual bluing.

If you want to re finish it then I recommend refinishing the entire rifle in a salt nitrate bath. Or take it to a gunsmith.

That is a nice SKS but I would be more concerned about the bore. Be sure to get some bore polish and treat the bore.

Oh wait there is a coating besies rebluing that will provide rust protection.

Durablue and cerakote.

Oh wait there is a coating besies rebluing that will provide rust protection.

Durablue and cerakote.

More photos to share here:

Attached: IMG_20190504_005358.jpg (4160x3120, 3.21M)

Attached: IMG_20190504_005337.jpg (4160x3120, 2.41M)

bore is probably fucked senpai

just fucking sand it off already

The bore looks pretty good man. I didn't see any pitting in there, looked smooth and shiny with sharp rifling.

Attached: IMG_20190504_004213.jpg (4160x3120, 3.04M)

Don't listen to these retards. get some bronze wool and rub off the rust. it will leave some bronze residue, which can be removed with ballistol or hoppes or clp. then put some paraffin wax over the ex rusted spot

Attached: IMG_20190504_003922.jpg (4160x3120, 3.08M)

Seems mostly like surface rust, just carefully sand it off than apply some bluing to the bare metal using one of those bluing kits, doesn't need to look pretty since it'll be under the stock anyway.

Attached: IMG_20190504_004158.jpg (4160x3120, 3.09M)

thats a temporary fix. the pitting and rust will come back slowly.

Proper way to do it is to sand it off and re-blue.

stop posting pictures of it just sand it and get it re-finished or re finish it yourself with durablue or cerakote if you can't afford a refinish.

nice sks user, cool serial number too

the wax keeps it off very well. not really worth rebluing an sks, especially if the owner is a leaf as I suspect

you have no idea what the fuck your talking about.

Paraffin wax over time hardens into the metal and creates tetracosane which oxidates bare metal. ESPECIALLY if using it with bronze wool because it will leave the poures more vulnerable to the paraffin wax.

Tetracosane is an alkaline HYDROcarbon and it is actually used for oxidizing you fucking retard.

Just sand it and re finish it if you want the job done right then fucking do it right and don't try to make some kind of retarded FUDD method and do it the way all certified gunsmiths do it as they learned the techniques passed down from generation to generation.

then I wonder if the stuff I have is actually paraffin, because it's been on for about a year with no oxidation.

Gun oil and Bronze Brush

Heat is a big factor to it.
Also depends on the conditions of the environment.

Read up on Johnsen F's study about Paraffin wax and its effects on coated vs non coated metals.

It is a study published by the Norwegian University of Science and Technology in 2011.

Read carefully to understand why this happens. Do the actual research and studying before you make other people do the wrong things from your ignorance while calling other people retards you retard.

That's actually the reason I chose this one over another in the shop

Attached: IMG_20190504_005309.jpg (4160x3120, 2.66M)

Coca-Cola.

Won't that ruin the original blueing?

Things can get really bad and not seriously impact your gun. Just sayin

Attached: 2v4rnh.jpg (500x1063, 145K)

Holy shit. Is that still shootable? Can you do anything to put a stop to that rust?

Definitely not. Even if it was i wouldn't take the risk of shooting it

It is you dumb faggot. None of the parts are critical or load bearing. The hole in the gas tube is a clearance section for the piston shank it deals with no gas pressure

Attached: IMG1182710262-1.jpg (597x1169, 121K)

I'm going to start attempting to clean it now and hopefully can be completed with it by the end of the day.

Attached: IMG_20190504_114134.jpg (4160x3120, 3.18M)