How to disable artillery (specifically tanks)?

Would this be a viable way of spiking an artillery piece (specifically a tank's main gun)? A wedge of hardened steel would be inserted into the barrel somehow, and when the tank fires, the shape of the shell would expand the wedge and basically spike the gun. Is there a shape that would make the insert drive itself into the barrel walls instead of getting shot out?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 10.47.16 PM.png (1412x1148, 217K)

There are probably easier ways of sabotaging ammo.

Part of an artillery drill is to verify that the bore is clear so they would probably notice.

Why not just, uhh, kill the crew and steal the gun for yourself?
Or failing that, just blow up the gun?

Why's shit gotta be some complicated?

Attached: communits.jpg (960x597, 122K)

A minie-style bullet expands like that, but its expansion is always going to be less than its propulsion.
Your best bet is forcing a plug into the barrel

I suppose you could weld an object inside the barrel, a small pipe cut in two in direction of length would allow for VERY long and thick welds while letting gases escape.

This would certainly cause the shell to either jam and get damaged, probably damaging the barrel itself.

Sort of like pic related.

Attached: dnv1-1308off.jpg (400x256, 8K)

Adding to this - not something you can do in combat. Infantry and other vehicles would kill anyone approaching a tank, anyway.

Yeah, because noone ever checks barrels.

New plan. Make your wedge a cone, make it out of copper and throw it really fast at the artillery.

Attached: EFP.png (889x244, 197K)

what if you tried to slide a molotov down the barrel? if so would there be a relevant effect?

Uh maybe thermite

Ooh, what if you put snakes in the barrel? Then when they open the breech, the tank would be full of snakes.

You know I was sincere, but you are definitely funnier, also I am not op just another retard

If you plugged up the barrel of a tank gun with dirt and the tank shot a round without realizing it, will the crew die?

It would be extremely painful

Attached: maxresdefault (22).jpg (1280x720, 38K)

Just drop a small thing of thermite with a delay timer and let it melt and weld the breach.

putting it in the in the nicest way possible, you're a retard

fucking WW2 era SOP is to spike the barrel with thermite and shoot a hole in the hydraulic cylinder

you could put practically anything into the barrel and it would be wrecked on the first shot. Crew kill more difficult. 105mm high explosive shell against chambered shell, facing the other way, how you get it in there IDK

Attached: img_1488.png (1024x576, 206K)

Based MREposter

Where can I get one of those? I was never issued a rock or something.

>issued
lol, get a load of this guy

gear adrift is a gift, friendo

A N T S

Get these motherfuckin snakes off my motherfuckin tank!

Antman go back to being dead

Literally all you need to do is place a linear shaped charge along the barrel, “Improvised Munitions Manual 1979” has a tutorial.

Don't be a fag. Use a standard issue thermate grenade.

Typical method is to just shove thermite in the breach or barrel. That's way better than a steel cone that may or may not work.

You're a big guy

Probably not. The dirt doesn't have any real grip on the barrel so it all gets shoved out.

>deploying without your tactical hornets nest