Can you bullet proof a log cabin...

Can you bullet proof a log cabin? In westerns they seem relatively bullet proof but bullets have gotten stronger with technology.

Attached: intro.jpg (1280x720, 520K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=KZgzuso-wCU
youtube.com/watch?v=z32eCOiyG3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=CdYGReN_Pgs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Moultrie
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just add more logs.

Isnt there a Paul harrel video on this?

Nope
Can’t be done

Double up on logs or pour earth over it. The earthen armor can also insulate your cabin as well as provide se concealmeant so I would go with that.

Define "bulletproof". Wood is surprisingly good at stopping bullets if it's thick enough.

Post gun free zone signs
Worries over

Yes

No guns found.

In a western setting, the type of firearms they use are low velocity, 100% lead, round tipped bullets. All of those things mean poor penetration.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=KZgzuso-wCU
Only difference is live wood is denser than dead wood.

One single M2 would reduce that thing to splinters

This
Everyone in the west all use the same kind of bulletzzzz.
Where do all these idiots come from, just to post stupid shit on /k..

Okay, numbnuts. Show me where a firearm that even fires a spitzer boattail with a steel core or tip was ever used in a western movie.

I use railroad ties behind 10 tons of sand for my backstop
Bullets easily go through the railroad ties

All the knowledge he has about guns in the western part of the US comes from western movies.
Yeah buddy,
And they all ride horses, and wear spurs and have silver conchos on their holsters,

Pic related
Typical western gun owner who only shoots low velocity round tip lead bullets

Attached: 84078975-3D5E-423B-B953-FECD73C22680.jpg (620x717, 78K)

Basically I want to put something like this on an empty lot but I'm worried that bandits can just walk up to the window and hold me up without even breaking and entering.

Attached: tiny.png (719x449, 599K)

7.62x54R will easily pass through 3 foot thick living trees.

Soviets had camouflaged some of their fortifications as log cabins etc. in Stalin line. Something like that might work

You're a moron

Great rebuttal
You really showed me.
My feelings are hurt

Go back to watching your western movies and let the adults speak

Rule of thumb is that you need 70 cm of wood for it to be sufficient cover against rifle fire.

So camouflage has ballistic properties?
How much camouflage must I add to a log in order to stop bullet penetration
Assuming they are using lead round nose bullets like you see in western movies

why you gotta be such a bitch lol

read it again

That sounds reasonable
But from where do you get 70cm?
What is your source.

Also, is that to stop low velocity lead round nose bullets used by everyone in the western US as seen in movies?

The "wild west" was a period from roughly 1865 to 1890. During the first half cap and ball firearms were the most common guns, which is very much in line with .
Later on as cartridge firearms became popular, they were still using primarily black powder and lead projectiles. A copper jacket was finally developed in Europe in 1882, but didn't catch on in the states until the West was no longer "wild".
Tl;dr: is right, is a retard

It is no longer 1890
Currently, The year of the Lord 2019.

But I saw in a movie everyone west of the miss
Mississippi...

Shiggy Diggy dumb ass

Make a new thread for this later and don't ask about log cabins, retards already ruined this one.

If they can't see you inside while you're sleeping you're fine.

>Because its current year, the things that happened in the past happened my way, not the way historical texts and physical evidence indicate

Ok, retard.

If we are talking about western movies, in josey wales when they reach their cabin, josey remarks that the builder was smart because he built it out of stone to stop bullets better than a log cabin would have.

but would stone stop bullets?

>Rule of thumb is that you need 70 cm of wood for it to be sufficient cover against rifle fire.
This is the most retarded shit i've ever heard.
First of all, go and shoot a fucking tree.
Secondly, where in the actual, literal fuck are you every going to find "70cm" of wood? In the history of man I can probably count the number of times someone had 70cm of wood on hand to use as cover on one fucking hand.

I don't know man, the movie is essentially a 2 hour long epic of an outlaw white trash murderer hooking up with a literally retarded girl.

Use Petrified wood? D'oH

Attached: 1531934074392.jpg (800x687, 126K)

Swedish infantry manuals.

From top to bottom: steel, concrete, gravel/stone shards, brick wall, sand bags, wood, packed earth, ice block, turf, packed snow.

Attached: skydd mot finkalibrig eld.png (422x287, 60K)

>I can probably count the number of times someone had 70cm of wood on hand to use as cover on one fucking hand.
You could stack trees lengthwise, not horizontally.

Use a steel shipping container as a base with bullet resistant glass for the interior wall, then build a larger outer wall out of wood. Insulate between the walls with Cob (straw/mud mix).

If you have enough camouflage, your house can literally hide from the bullets, and then they'll miss as they'll be too confused. If you use dazzle camouflage, the bullets can actually hurt themselves in their confusion.

>if it's thick enough
So is tissue paper.

Looks comfy. I'd want pull down metal blinds though.

Holy fuck you’re stupid

>implying
.50 BMG can't even get through 21.5" trees.

youtube.com/watch?v=z32eCOiyG3Q

You do realize tissue paper is made from wood, right?

>Wood is good at stopping bullets
>if thick enough toilet paper is good at stopping bullets

Wood floats
Toilet paper floats
Ducks float
Therefore, ducks are also good at stopping bullets
If thick enough
And assuming shot with low velocity lead round nose bullets.

It’s settled OP, line cabin walls with ducks.
/k solves another problem for all of mankind.

Attached: FD230E1C-AEF3-4FC1-9C8B-5AB228D0FA70.jpg (640x640, 41K)

How come a 556 bullet is said to be good at passing through steel plate yet is at the same time said to explode into many pieces the moment it enters soft spongy flesh?

>Wood is good at stopping bullets
Are you implying it is not? Because there's a video of a tree stopping .50 BMG API in this very thread.

I mean you could do it, but that would require a pretty big effort.

During Pacific War, lots of Marines dies trying to destroying Japanese coconut log bunker that are much much harder to penetrate than ordinary concrete or earthen bunker due to fibrous nature of coconut log. Even a .55 cal round from the Marines Boys AT rifle failed to penetrate the coconut log bunker. The only solution is accurate artillery fire or 76mm Sherman fire.

Attached: e48fe5b3aba72a2de16f1de92fdb0650.jpg (2720x2178, 1.33M)

Because of .22 caliber COPE fren

No he is implying ducks are good at stopping bullets,

>In westerns they seem relatively bullet proof
And in modern crime dramas a fucking car door can stop 5.56 rounds, I wouldn't get my facts from Hollywood user

Anyone who says this deserves to die

Attached: 1556481355418m.jpg (912x1024, 121K)

see

interesting idea

penetrating long lengths of material is different than penetrating a very short length of armor

Put sandbags all over the walls

A foot of sand stops most bullets.

I have a small sawmill and squared off 4 oak logs to 14" faces to make a backstop for my rifle range. My .308 shot right through them no problem even when they were fresh. It did mostly stop .223/5.56 for a while until the logs started rotting out. I'm pretty sure that old, hand-built log cabins used smaller than 14" logs so it doesn't seem like they'd be all that bulletproof.

Brick/ stone halfwall around the outside. Back it with ceramic tiles

yep

Attached: 1555947470074s.jpg (187x250, 8K)

Shitty pic, my bad.

Attached: Goblin.jpg (640x640, 81K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Moultrie

>South Carolina patriots began to build a fort to guard Charleston, South Carolina, harbor in 1776. British Admiral Sir Peter Parker with nine British warships attacked the fort—known as Fort Sullivan and incomplete—on June 28, 1776, near the beginning of the American Revolutionary War.[3] The soft palmetto logs did not crack under bombardment but rather absorbed the shot; cannonballs reportedly even bounced off the walls of the structure. William Moultrie, commander of the 2nd South Carolina Regiment, and his four hundred men fought a day-long battle that ended with the heavily damaged British ships being driven from the area. This victory galvanized the Patriots' cause for independence.[4] The fort hence took its name, as Fort Moultrie, in his honor. Charleston locals celebrate "Carolina Day" to commemorate the bravery of the defenders of the fort.

Cannonballs can't melt coconut logs

Nothing is impossible, if you don't care about impractical. Simply measure out 40 inches from current wall structure. Build new wall, leaving empty space between walls. Fill empty space with multiple 12 in laminated steel plate layers. Your cabin can now withstand naval guns.

And 5.56 has greater penetration through wood than .338 LaPua.

If you don't understand ballistics, then please just don't post here.

>Wood is surprisingly good at "_________" if it's thick enough.

"The Wild West" began earlier than 1865. That would leave out shit like the Mexican American War, the Alamo, the Gold Rush of '49, and the New Mexican Campaign among others. Hell, Blood Meridian takes place in the 1840s and they use Colt Dragoons.

Attached: download.jpg (564x451, 48K)