Aren't you worried that your house leaves you open to gunfire through the walls/windows...

Aren't you worried that your house leaves you open to gunfire through the walls/windows? What are you doing to rectify that situation?

Attached: white-house-with-large-windows-0-990.jpg (940x621, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

monolithic.org/homes/floorplans/series/torus/floor-plan-dl-t05
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

there are no nigs in that hood! So no!

No

50% of violent crimes are committed by whites!

Fill space in dry wall with pea gravel. It will stop up to 3006. I tested it myself up to 3006 might take more

Working on banning guns :

I own an old turn-of-the-century brick colonial with small windows, so not really

No

What could go wrong?
No mold would grow
BTW what is
R value of pea gravel?

Wouldn't that fuck up your wiring?

use it on interior walls smoothbrain

No it just fills in around it. You arent using massive gravel used on roads.

But what if you need to go in and rewire your home? It sounds like a pain to have to empty your walls. Couldn't you have found a veneer that stops bullets?

yeah it would be a pain but it is vastly cheaper than whatever you are going to find.

The tests I did were smaller boxes. When I impliment it in my home I will only be filling up to 3feet inside the wall so that I can take a knee and be full covered.

no because im not a schizophrenic with a rat-like obsession with safety.

Have given this a decent amount of thought actually. You'd have to be okay with a single story (((thiccc))) house.

INTERIOR
Studs and Drywall (4")
Interior ICF (16")
Interior poured concrete wall (4")
Pea Gravel layer, (Sealed) (4")
Exterior Poured Concrete Wall (6")
Insulation Board (2")
Hardiboard Siding (1")
EXTERIOR

That would take sustained fire from small arms. Might even take fire from a .50BMG. Windows, doors, and being smoked out by chemicals would be the next problem. Keeping your house "to code" in the US means keeping your house weak and easily assaulted.

That seemed too involved to me, so I plan to have a sunken basement (not a living space, so less code headache) that's below ground level, but with a 24"x 24" firing step and firing slit/embrasures. (pic related)

I also plan to have an escape tunnel that goes a long fucking way so I have a decent chance of escaping if need be.

Attached: 2306647357_d193b0cf93_z.jpg (617x640, 94K)

I think I am speaking for the person you replied to here, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but in this instance I feel that the term 'nigs' does not refer to black people in general, but rather a collective of society made up of many ethnic groups who behave in a manner which makes them 'nigs'. In other words, the term 'nig' does not mean black, it means 'someone who shows complete disregard or respect for the laws of society and the well-being and rights of others'.

Am I wrong?

I will never understand how people can feel comfortable in a house that open, like what if you want to walk around naked?

But wouldn't having an upstairs give you a tactical advantage?

The house is probably not visible anywhere from a public road.

Semi secluded cabin with 18" thick stone walls.

Literal fortress. When will suburban/urban cucks learn

Nah, I like being able to shoot through my paper thin walls. I dont even have to get out of bed to defend my self my invaders. I just shoot through the walls and go back to sleep afterwards

My home is made of ICF blocks with a ceramic inside facade, the windows are triple layer polycarbonate, mechanical air circulation and water distillation system to keep me isolated and secure. The living level is under the basement with the first floor as an entertaining space. I think I'm good. But I could use more ammo and I didn't think to add ports to fire out from.

Define whites.

Houses with big glass windows usually open up to the yard, woods or other secluded way only. From street or the side they can be almost windowless concrete bunkers.

Neat. How do those stats add up when you remove spics from the 'white' category?

Attached: 1556561916660.jpg (960x480, 30K)

Most of those nigs are fucking niggers though lmao

You know the inspector doesn’t come back after your final, right?

mighty fat lie, blacks commit 50% of the crime so this would be saying that chinks and spicks do no crime

>house is an impenetrable fortress
>shooter just hides in the bushes outside and waits for you to let your dog out for a piss or walk to your car and blows your head off

Withes are not 13% of the US population.

I am pretty sure and 7.62×39 would go straight through my brick "walls" anyway.

If I had infinite money, I would probably have a solid stone house with offset for drywall and piping (though that introduces issues like piping still being noisy) for:

>thermal efficiency
>noise reduction (at least between outside and other rooms)
>longevity
>things related to this thread

Stone makes good insulation? Also you talking water hammer noises or general gurgling, because both can be dealt with.

I'm planning on building a reinforced concrete block house with a brick or stone exterior veneer and 4" offset on the inside for running electrical and pipes, then sprayed foam insulation between the studs and put up drywall. I could probably get away with using cheap metal studs like they use in offices because they wouldn't be carrying any sort of load.

Solid 2.5ft thicc 300yo stone yurohouse reporting in.

Attached: 20170226_100113.jpg (4160x2340, 2.33M)

Let me first say that I know very little about construction, though I did do general labor on construction sites during college summers.

>Stone makes good insulation?

I am basing this solely off of the fact that when I visited Crimea, they all had stone houses, and they kept cool with no AC even when it was very hot outside. They really had THICC walls though, as in a yard THICC. I think they were mostly sandstone.

>Also you talking water hammer noises or general gurgling, because both can be dealt with.

Both - any noise that comes from an exposed, or lightly covered pipe.

>then sprayed foam insulation between the studs and put up drywall.

My only concern is "wut do when need to repair". Maybe this is a childish concern, but I hate how when you rip things out to remodel, everything is covered in some shitty fucking foam. Of course, fiberglass isn't any better.

No, I'm not a high-profile mafioso

General Contractor here, I don’t know how insulating stone is but judging by how brick houses are generally drafty I’d say the insulation of those houses was less the quality of stone and more that it’s a yard thick, as for spray insulation you generally put that down in a layer between exterior and the shit in your walls. Doesn’t come out unless you experience some mold catastrophe.

user i dont know how to tell you but much like Italians, jews and the irish, hispanics are now white. Welcome to the new world.

The delusional dream that I have for "If I make over $100 million" is to have maintenance tunnels between walls.

I fucking hate having to cut drywall and then patch it if a pipe is leaking somewhere or I need to update an ancient house to higher current wiring.

Anyway, I am aware that this is completely unreasonable for everyday housing (as in, under a couple of mil).

>maintenance tunnels between walls
what?

can you share your test results? i would think that the gravels wouldn't be dense enough to stop the rounds, and you'd get some minor spalling on the other side

The taller the building, the greater the weight of the walls and requirements for the foundation. Keeping it single story solves a lot of architectural/structural complications and cost. A sunken basement with a firing step sitting atop a small hill with antivehicle "plant ledges" solves most of your problems. Also easier to get shot if you're in an elevated position.

I know. But a lot of the things I'd want to do in an ICF home have to be done as part of the initial pour.

Lone assassins are unavoidable Desu. If you want to avoid that you have to GTFO before you're cornered. OR have a massive security force dedicated to your protection. I'm more worried about a happening where homo stupidus chimps out. In which case a small arms and fireproof house inaccessible by vehicles is pretty ideal until order can be restored. If the .gov or assassins are after you and have you cornered, you're a rat fighting in a trap. Hence my desire for an escape tunnel.

Not that user, but if he insulated the fuck out of the exterior, the internal stone would make a good thermal mass that could maintain it's temperature fairly easily. It'd actually be the ideal candidate for geothermal year round heating/cooling, since apparently the user who suggested it is made of money.
>Build solid stone house, put geothermal piping in the walls, house stays 61 degrees all year regardless of outside temperature - minimal heating required during the winter, minimal cooling required during the summer.
>Also bullet proof AF.

Attached: My idealized suburban home.png (1798x652, 29K)

I guess he means interior spaces so large you can walk through them.

Right.

Attached: service.png (2010x885, 41K)

>What are you doing to rectify that situation?
Not living in Fallujah

It was a pretty off the cuff test. The gravel works because it behaves like a ceramic media barrier. Similar to the one that I believe SAAB created. The bullet fragments on the first couple of round sin the gravel and because the gravel media can move and expand in all directions inside of the cavity it absorbs the impact amazingly well.

17 9mm rounds into the small wall I created

30 5.56

and 8 30-06.

Only 1 round got through because the gravel was so pulverized towards the end of the test that the level of gravel was dropping and dropping and I put that shot too high where it wentover the top of the gravel filling that was left.

At the end of the test the box failed because the volume of ammo eventually push out the nails on the back.
Pic is box prior to the test.

Attached: barriertest2.png (1713x1147, 3.54M)

My house is not in a shitskin filled country.
Guess I am okay.

t. German

I plan on in my home using board and batten as a design feature to make the barrier blend in completely and it will be easy for me to remember where the protection starts and stops.

The paneling will be 3 feet high so I can take a knee and be completely covered but still shoot through if need be above that.

Attached: boardandbatten2.png (644x428, 426K)

If you do this, for god's sake put in conduit with access junctions for your wiring and lots of it. It's cheap, and it makes replacing wiring or putting in new wiring doable without ripping out drywall or wasting time drilling holes and fishing lines. Also run your water and gas piping through a large unified conduit with access hatches at each juncture. That way if you ever have to replace a length of piping it will be quick, easy, and not involve ripping your home apart. Basically what this user suggested () but tunnels is the wrong word. Ducts or conduit is a better way to describe it.

>t. Telecom worker who hated explaining to people why it was expensive to hide all the wires.

Stone is a good thermal mass, but a poor insulator. So stone with a good exterior insulator means once it reaches a temperature, it stays that temperature easily.

No they don't.

There was actually a bulletproof wall concept I saw on TFB a couple years ago that had something similar. Concrete spheres about an inch across were sandwiched between two sheets of metal. Stopped everything small arms pretty much, until enough holes were put in the same place in the wall for the spheres to pour out. I think it was only a proof of concept kind of idea.

No why would someone be shooting at my house? Are you a schizo? Do you think gang stalking is a real thing?

>Exterior Poured Concrete Wall (6")
would not recomend less than 8" not because of penetration but construction.

lol, I meant actual spaces you can walk through, but you are right that the same can be achieved with conduits, and you are completely right that it's best practice, though when I have helped friends rehab old houses, I have never seen this done properly. We have to tear the house apart to get to most wiring / piping and it sucks.

lol, that will actually hold up against EFPs with some backing layer.

I am not one of the people concerned about it, but it depends on the economy and country you live in. There are places where stray bullets do happen.

The problem with being paranoid about stray bullets is that you have to be paranoid about all manner of other things, which again, ends up costing literally millions of dollars.

Break-ins are real, bro. People do get robbed and burgled.

nig is a state of mind, but most who say it fail to realize that so take it with a grain of salt

good luck finding my hobbit home

Attached: 2015-04-14-1429034492-8542-Underground_2.jpg (2000x1334, 617K)

>Whites are a majority so they should commit the bulk of all crimes statistically
>Remove Hispanics from your data

Attached: B6087C3B-0C1C-43F6-BF8D-5770795E375C.jpg (720x446, 32K)

Yes, getting their house shot up not really, you crazy faggot

Break ins don't involve people shooting at you from outside. Not unless you engage in a gunfight and fail to kill the cunt before they get out.

Could you elaborate user?

I could see that. maybe it would diffuse the slug.

We are in complete agreement...

>The problem with being paranoid about stray bullets is that you have to be paranoid about all manner of other things, which again, ends up costing literally millions of dollars.

>more worried about gunfire from inside the home than outside

>No why would someone be shooting at my house? Are you a schizo? Do you think gang stalking is a real thing?
By this logic people shouldn't need home defense guns either.

That's pretty damn clever, user. I knew about those ceramic ball barriers but never thought about cheap and readily available alternatives.

Maybe if you're retarded

Neither I nor the Hispanics consider Hispanics white.

My situation may be unusual. I live in a decent neighborhood with a trailhead that attracts weirdos who want to do drugs or shoot guns into the desert. There's hardly any reported crime (burglaries, etc.) but there's a lot of gunfire and a few dumped bodies.

Hispanics literally just means people who speak Spanish. A large percentage of Hispanics have little or no Indian blood, and are more European genetically than most Amerimutts (or are just straight up Euros).

Attached: Infanta+Leonor+Infanta+Sofia+Spain+join+Spanish+DQa4jPPhgTHx.jpg (682x1024, 215K)

Are you really that smooth brain? The purpose is to have a safe room area (most likely the bedroom) so that if someone kicks your door in at night you have a bastion. Use your brain user.

Attached: brainlet.png (600x704, 64K)

Only one house out of 20+ we considered had any totally interior room. It's not really a practical floor plan unless you want your entire lifestyle to revolve around your paranoia.

Attached: 1536890084948.jpg (566x377, 55K)

What robber is going around blasting through the exterior of homes before breaking in? I could see shooting through an entryway of some sort but they arent just picking sides of houses assuming its where you are standing and blasting through.

This all pretty null and void because I plan on having a reinforced concrete man cave for firearms with a vault door.

The government does now. Just look at pooling questions.
Only non white hispanic or white options.

I'm mostly worried about retards shooting at coyotes or into the sky at a low enough angle to be dangerous.

Is this concern specifically centered around your bedroom? If so, get ballistic wall panels to face the inside of your bedroom and you can still have your insulation.

I am not willing to go that expense though

No. Like the OP, I'm concerned about the walls and windows of my entire house. They'd all be bulletproof if I could afford it.

You cannot see into my windows during daylight hours, and I draw the curtains in the evening. While not cover, my windows are concealment.

>White*(Hispanic)
ah yes, those good ole white boys

Attached: MS-13-Adam-Hinton-5-683x1024.jpg (683x1024, 143K)

minimum thickness for a concret wall is usually 8" or 20cm. you need place to place the rebar and vibrate it later. Aso lthe user asumes he can pour concrete against gravel. if you want minimun thickness you go for precast.

I can walk 5 minutes and get a snickers if I want.

Theres plenty to shit on yurop for, but your old houses are built to last. gotta give you that

I have tiled walls on the inside of the house on every room that is the perimeter...each ceramic tile will stop at least one bullet...

Poor man's armored walls.

My dream home is a monolithic concrete dome house. They are also incredibly disaster resistant.
monolithic.org/homes/floorplans/series/torus/floor-plan-dl-t05

You can also partially or fully put them underground.

Pic related is a little over $300k for construction, plus the price for the land it would go on.

Attached: Torus Dome Home.png (1280x909, 168K)

What are the benefits compared to a traditional box-like monolithic concrete houses? All I can see is inefficient space utilization and weird angles, sorry.

Sloped armor

Seriously? Walls are nearly vertical at the groud floor.

My neighborhood is 90% Jewish I should be straight, I'll worry if I actually start attending the Synagogue but after the last couple shootings that bitch has more security than Fort Benning it looks crazy.

Attached: brainlet3.jpg (750x1000, 58K)

Curvature architecture has long been a staple of strength, of a self-reinforcing structure. the Roman arc for example. Another reason I like that one is your yard is self-contained.

There are other floor plans that they have that I prefer more (if I won the lottery), but that one always stuck out to me as acceptable and financially doable. At least where I live, lots for land run usually a minimum of $100K.

If I did win the lottery, I'd also put an Atlas Shelter right in the middle. Maybe some hesco barriers on the peretimer if I really wanted to get eccentric

Pic related is my most favorable floor plan, to each his own. That floor plan is 620K for construction alone, so it isn't realistic. Also only shows the first floor.

Attached: Atlas-MD.png (1280x909, 112K)

That didn't save chocolate rambo

>doubt

>Curvature architecture has long been a staple of strength, of a self-reinforcing structure. the Roman arc for example.
You understand that in this particular case the numbers are needed instead of historical symbolism, don't you? I mean, some real-world tests or simulations showing that you can't achieve same strength against wind forces or whatever with a traditional box-like design of a similar size or price. If you are actually going to build that, you need to study such comparisons to spend your money sensibly.

>Another reason I like that one is your yard is self-contained.
You can have it in a traditional house too.

The monolithic website has tons of personal testimony of those who have have weathered earthquakes,fires, hurricanes, and tornadoes. The majority of these domes are implemented to overcome such acts of God, and they work.

Two-thousand year old arc canals exist to this day. Arcs naturally form, and support naturally existing rock.

I'm not in architecture or structural engineering, but it honestly sounds like you are just being pedantic at this point.

It may not be Fort Douaumont, but it is a design with merit outside your skepticism, by example.

I hear those are terrible for mold though

You're right, read the same. Especially if you try to place them fully underground.

Home maintenance is part of any home, whether there is a HOA or not. Significant insulation and regular maintenance check-ups can prevent such problems from festering over the long-term. As I said, it is my dream home. And honestly won't be feasible for me for at least a couple decades. In that time, it is not speculative that these issues will be further addressed with in that time window. In order for the company to remain viable, they need to tackle those issues. I have some time.

All homes have SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats. Personally don't trust anyone that states that their design is foolproof, SWOT analysis applies to nearly every project that exists, and is a decent measure to discern where innovation is needed.

Quarantine a certain section of the house to use as a bunker or pillbox, then figure out an escape / flanking route, in case of being overrun.

Otherwise I just carry on the day like normal.

>what if you want to walk around naked?
Then I walk around naked. If passers-by want to check out my body then lucky them.