Post your dream guns

post your dream guns.

also, what's stopping anyone from producing these for the civilian market? they're beautiful

Attached: pix155668752.jpg (640x480, 99K)

Supply/Demand. Machining costs, overhead. Basic business 101 stuff.

You type like one of those weird foreign gun Instagram blogs. “Can anyone name this beast? :)”
Also, patents.

>demand
you're telling me this wouldn't sell well? i'm pretty sure it would

It won't because it'll cost a fortune.

>one of those weird foreign gun Instagram blogs
post examples

Very complex manufacturing would lead to a very high price tag for a very niche market
They could but in the end their sales would most certainly come nowhere close to breaking even

>The final retail cost for a base rifle in the 1980s was in the range of $9,000 to $12,500, and the rifle's current value ranges from $40,000 for the first generation to $75,000 for the second generation.
No it wouldn't. We're talking about a rifle that will move a couple hundred units a year at best.

90% of the people on this board would complain if it was more expensive than their $400 Palmetto AR15. Never underestimate poorfags and poorfag reasoning.

If something like that was to be recreated properly, it would probably be at least 3-4 grand. It's not known how well a fairly niche product like that would sell, at that price point.

Those are the ones from gb, right? Did they ever sell? I think he was asking $80k for each one

see
It was 9 grand in the 80s, when everything was stupid cheap. A run in current year would push 20k a pop just to break even.

I'll have one eventually, between this and the earlier Mondragóns I'm not exactly looking forward to shelling out $50k on three rifles.
>Also, patents.
The patents on the WA-2000 have long expired. Patents expire 20 years after date of application submission, given the fact that the WA-2000 began development in the 70's it is safe to say those are long gone.
It comes down to cost of manufacturing, these were very expensive guns to start with at around $10k a unit back in 1982. If you could somehow price the thing at $7k it still costs far more than your average modern PRS build and would not at all sell well. Believe it or not there's a damn good reason you don't see many reproductions of anything, the market isn't there despite what a lot of retards on the internet might say.

Attached: Mondragon2.jpg (1849x404, 89K)

nope, there's no way it'd be that expensive. Those are inflated prices for government/police that were desperate.

3-4k to produce.

On what tooling?

>Walther's own stated numbers for the civilian market
>"nuh uh, no way."
Quality, mass produced ARs run around 2k these days. I don't think you understand the qualitative difference in machining and fitting that goes into making a precision semi-auto.

>nope, there's no way it'd be that expensive. Those are inflated prices for government/police that were desperate.
>3-4k to produce.
You're either fucking delusional or a complete retard (which I opt for the latter) if you think a WA-2000 would cost $3k to produce. They were $9k - $12k in the 1980's before inflation, which is roughly $24k now. $4k doesn't even get you a Sako TRG-42A1 much less the machinist's wet dream that is the WA-2000.

?? any tooling?

you're acting like this rifle is some space age bullshit. The only thing that really makes it special is that huge chonk of a milled receiver.

So you're telling me they'll free hand every piece with a router and a drill or they can run on down to Home Depot and get a CNC machine set up to pump them out? Last I heard WA2000 bushing dies were on aisle 8.

Even literal century arms monkeys can make a milled receiver you retard

>confirmed for not knowing how guns are made
I'm willing to bet more money went into designing the shoes you wear every day than any of the guns you don't own.

Unobtanium.

Attached: MM-34.jpg (640x340, 25K)

On chinese machines. Designed to mill out shitty akm clones. With remarkably poor quality control.

Because they have industrial inertia dipshit. Sure they get flak for having abysmal QC but it's not a bunch of monkeys in a shack with hand drills. Jesus fucking Christ.

>thinking century arms monkeys can fabricate anything remotely close to the quality (and thereby accuracy) of the WA-2000

>I failed to provide a reasonable argument as to why an accurized bullpup with a milled receiver costs 7x its contemporaries, so I'll just claim he doesnt own guns!!!1!

why not just make a gun that looks and shoots like a WA2000, but has simpler and cheaper to produce mechanism hidden under the cover?

can't be that hard to make, it's not like it's some g11 caseless ammo fuckery

Literally every gun page on Instagram, posting airsoft tier shit with children arguing with video game tier knowledge of firearms.

Because then it isn't a WA 2000, it's an abomination of an AR.

>thinks generic cnc machines can make a wa2000 at all, let alone for less than $10k 80's bucks.
Post your guns so we can laugh at how poor you are.

So just make a body kit for a 10/22 and sell ~100 units overall still going in debt. Case closed.

if it looks and shoots like a WA2000, i would buy one.

Because literally nothing is gayer than pretending to own a gun.
It would be the equivalent to those who buy G36K kits for their 10/22.

>looks like
sure man. I think asymmetrical racing stripes on cars look like ass, but its your money.
>shoots like
It wont.

The problem is it wouldnt "shoot like a WA2000" because you've swapped the action, it would shoot like an AR you retard.

They must not teach basic economics in high school anymore.

No, they wouldn't. The gun-buying general market are poorfags who complain when a rifle costs more than $1,200, much less $12,000.

Attached: GM6_1.jpg (1000x664, 295K)

oh I know. He was throwing around the retarded BUT WHAT TOOLING BRUH argument though

I'll say it again: $3-4k to produce. Walther has not, and will not, provide a cost analysis of the WA2000 on modern CNC machinery. Manufacturing nowadays is light-years ahead of what it was in the 70's/80's.

That, along with PE, general history, and civics classes, got gutted in favor of more remedial English and holocaust courses.
Dead serious, my sister in law teaches high school english. 4 of her 5 sections are devoted to teaching seniors how to read. Like literally how to read, not even high level comprehension. Alphabet and phonetics. Its terrifying what's happening on the east coast.

Depends on if you're established or not. CNC machines don't appear out of nowhere and good luck getting an established company to shift production to a literal crapshoot of an idea. 10k minimum established or not. Cost of production, time, begging walther for oversight/prints, etc.

I'll bite. Where are you getting those numbers from? what would a run look like quantity-wise? Projected market?

Your idea of how much this rifle would cost is based on technology that's 4 decades old.

If Walther randomly decided (in earnest) to produce the WA2000 and tweak it in a few minor ways for modern manufacturing (read: not a perfect clone), there's no way it'd be $10k.

Maybe after a year of production they could bring it down. They can't just hop over from pumping out plastic pistols over night and make an intricate rifle in the same amount of time.

I'm pretty sure Walther still has a couple WA2000's in stock. I know they did about two years ago. They were about $20k.

that's valid, but what would be the point? It's cool looking, sure, but it's performance sucks compared to modern rifles. A few people might want something that looks like a WA2000 but isn't, but that is far too small a number of people to justify a proper production run, all the import paperwork hassles, etc.

Real collectors don't want a "clone", they want the original. And people who just want a functional weapon will buy something entirely different. A Falkor Draco would shoot circles around a WA2000, is also chambered in 300WM, and while expensive, is a fraction of the price of a WA2000. Just what market do you think would buy this?

Was ist das?

ur-uropas mauser c96

>If Walther randomly decided (in earnest) to produce the WA2000

Sure, if they produced it in high volume (many thousands of units) then yeah, cost would go down. But who would buy that? Especially when you could buy other platforms which are far more accurate, proven, don't have proprietary spares, etc.

>Alphabet and phonetics. Its terrifying what's happening on the east coast.

The south doesn't count. If you weren't taking AP courses or going to at least a respectable state school after graduating you were automatically in the bottom 10% of the student body where I'm from.

This is in Connecticut my man.

Beistegui Hermanos MM-34

Spanish clone of Mauser, select fire, includes a pneumatic rate reducer with three settings built into the pistol grip, sold with magazines between 10 and 50rd capacity.

Most went to China and disappeared.

Attached: BIG SIG.png (1519x516, 1.58M)

Attached: FNC parade.jpg (921x2048, 242K)

The design does not allow for good precision. Bad heat dissapation, barrel grasped by chassis in front, fuckhueg scope mount height.
Also it's expensive as all fuck to manufacture.

Attached: a437bc3535523aeef2273f264163ede5e627922314eb42ebac83134dcd970980.jpg (499x560, 67K)

A lot of these mystery guns that never got off the ground, like H&K's G11, often look square and overly simplified because it's a prototype design built to meet the requirements of a military request for proposal.
Of course, the military can only pick one gun per bid, so the ones that aren't chosen fade into dust and aren't improved any further.

Sigh.

Attached: photo1large.jpg (1000x667, 151K)

"how do I take the disadvantages of a revolver and combine it with the disadvantages of a blowback pistol?"

Those are still in production, and there is a US importer now. Contact "The Attic" in Minot SD.

They were specifically built for rapid fire target shooting, a job which they excel at. Pretty dumb for anything else though.

Because it's a stupid design and it's also ugly.

Attached: wf_bang.gif (720x404, 3.43M)

That's awesome. I want to believe

Not to be a dick but I've heard this news a couple years ago now and since then nothing.

Attached: Mateba MTR 14.jpg (800x425, 87K)

They don't teach kids anything to do with money, because if they did they might figure out that they don't have to become a debt-slave after school

unrealistic dream? the HK CAWS
realistic dream? Wildey Survivor in .45 Winchester Magnum

Attached: HK CAWS 2.jpg (1500x685, 394K)