Stop the bleed month

May is the official Stop The Bleed month. As gun owners, you should know and be able to effectively deal with one of the most common causes of death.

bleedingcontrol.org/

You can find local events near your area. If you carry a gun, go hunting innawoods or even simply drive a car, you should know how to use a tourniquet and hemostatic dressing. It’s incredibly easy to learn this and it’s much more likely you will need to use this skillset than having to use a gun to defend yourself.

Attached: 6B91C971-28BA-459F-A840-B6DD47D724F3.jpg (1000x833, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nextgencombatmedic.com/2017/09/14/buyer-beware-selecting-your-everyday-carry-tourniquet/
youtu.be/RwaaGXOrWW8
youtu.be/PF5GhoYKK3g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

thats gay

reminder that quick clot and other coagulant powders are really great at causing blood clots.

I carry two TQs and a bunch of quick clot and bandages to plug holes. I carry enough to help most stuff id come across.

My doc said that's not really the case. He's treated a lot more battlefield amputations and gunshot wounds than you have.
Show your source.

Attached: AfC79o9.png (600x358, 41K)

Don't shrimp shells have clotting properties? Should I be cleaning and grinding them to supply myself with near free quik clot?

Stop being a dum-dum. Buy a couple packs combat gauze. Not a big deal.

Gonna post some info
nextgencombatmedic.com/2017/09/14/buyer-beware-selecting-your-everyday-carry-tourniquet/

I personally like the CAT TQ for self application and carry one on me everday. I have some SOFTT-W TQs in my first aid kit bag that I keep seperate for other people. They’re both the two best tourniquets currently and you should know both of their pros and cons and find out which one works best for you.

>wound packing
youtu.be/RwaaGXOrWW8

youtu.be/PF5GhoYKK3g

Make sure that you don't practice with the same CAT that you carry. They get jacked up after 1-2 uses.

There can be a risk for embolus with hemostatics, but the benefits of not bleeding out on the battlefield outweigh those risks.

>t. Former 68W, Current Nurse

I thought this was another feminist awareness campaign.

>Make sure that you don't practice with the same CAT that you carry. They get jacked up after 1-2 uses.

That’s absolutely true. Never train with a TQ you designate for real world use. I have both trainers for my CAT and SOFTT-W. Blue TQ’s are universally known as trainers but you can always mark a regular colored TQ with something like sharpie or an industrial pen so it doesn’t get thrown into a real medkit or whatever.

and do NOT buy tourniquets or med gear off amazon or ebay. There’s a lot of good fakes out there. Stick with reputable vendors such as
>Big Tex Outdoors
>North American Rescue
>Tac Med Solutions
>Dark Angel Medical
>I thought this was another feminist awareness campaign.

Nah, this is a something that actually has value to everyone.

Thanks user, turns out there is one 30min from me tomorrow. I had no idea about this.

I bought a blue CAT off eBay for cheap, maybe it's fake but it looks damn real.
>I use it for practice
My black CATs are from ... uh, LAPG?

I stopped the bleed by getting my wife pregnant.

I took a STB course last month. Pretty useful information in there. Nothing that isn't available online, and can't be done at home with your own limb analogues, but being able to pick an experienced instructor's brain for things outside the course material has its own value.

No problemo, you should definately go to it!
LA police gear should be g2g.

I will take blood clots over fucking dying any day.

>As gun owners, you should know and be able to effectively deal with one of the most common causes of death.
Sure, but it's objectively more important to learn the basics such as CPR, recovery position, etc. first. You are much more likely to deal with someone unconscious/not breathing than massive hemorrhage, even as a gun owner. Especially considering that most of you fatfucks are walking heart attacks waiting to happen.

You're a fucking idiot. The chances of saving someone who goes into cardiac arrest are minuscule compared to the chances of saving someone with life threatening bleeding. You are a dangerous moron.

t. paramedic

>Paramedic
Can we get advice from some one who has actual training and knowledge?

>conveniently ignores the fact that, as I said, you are much more likely to deal with someone unconscious/not breathing than massive hemorrhage, even as a gun owner

>implies learning both is somehow mutually exclusive, has an unreasonable problem with learning both in the correct order of importance

>implies it fucking matters how likely you are to save someone, as if you shouldn't do everything in your power to give them better odds regardless
You are either the dumbest paramedic in existance or just a dumb fatfuck whose feefees get hurt every time he's reminded of how fucking pathetic he is. Betting on the latter.

t. fucked your mom last night, 2/10 it was ok

The levels of cope here are astounding, hope you bleed to death, faggot

>The levels of cope here are astounding
That's rich coming from a fatboy unable to accept he's infinitely more likely to die or fail to save someone from cardiac arrest because CPR wasn't tacticool enough to learn and the fork was just too hard to put down. That said, given how braindead you are, you might just shoot yourself instead.

I'm going into nursing. Any advice? What should I steer away from.

See this post. Seems to know what he's talking about and goes into use of quick clot

nursing.

Been an RN 15 years now with most of my experience in ER and specifically peds emergency. The way things are going now get your BSN and not your associates. Get as many certs as you can get (acls, pals, tncc, etc) and continue your education. Finally pursuing my CRNA. If you find yourself hating your job just remember that it's just your job you hate and not nursing. You can work in different areas. If you're a man do absolutely everything you can to not be put into a situation where a patient can make any kind of allegation against you. Sounds like common sense but I've seen nurses get criminal charges because they put in a foley or performed a disimpaction without a female in the room also. It's very hard but rewarding work. Might take you a minute to find your specialty but don't give up.

I'm not even fat, my BMI is like 21. Keep projecting and imagining you know anything about medicine on an anime imageboard.

Thanks for the info. I'm going into a decent BSN program. Have you heard of RNs going to med school? I've been playing with that idea.

>I'm not even fat
Sure thing, fatman.

>my BMI is like 21
>unironically using BMI instead of fat and muscle %
lmao, way to confirm that you are not only fat but also clueless as fuck. You don't even know what you don't know, lardy.

>Keep projecting and imagining you know anything about medicine on an anime imageboard.
Rich coming from a guy who bragged about being a "paramedic" 2 posts ago. All I ever said is that I fucked your mom, and that she's a solid 2/10. Which is true btw. If only her child wasn't such a dumb fatty.

I've heard of it sure but there's no reason if money is what you're thinking. Unless it's your dream to go into a very high paying specialty like plastics you're way better off looking at getting your nurse anesthetist. I work with some that clear 200k. And it's just a BSN plus a master's degree.

bump

Attached: C1BCF519-98D2-49FE-87B7-106CB60DC515.jpg (1125x814, 293K)

When I did the STB course, we practiced putting other people's TQ on them, and my partner had a SOFTT-W. Getting that final twist in and trying to get the windlass into the retainer seemed pretty difficult.

Attached: 30-0001_a-full_6.jpg (700x525, 57K)

Are celox injectors a good idea for a med/trauma bag Jow Forums?

Attached: 74BCF9A0-01FA-4B25-A63A-AE5B24D45002.jpg (204x382, 13K)

>x is y month
Oh my God, fuck off already.

May is "user bitches about there being months dedicated to certain things, in certain circles" Month

Wouldn't it be better to have more hemostatic gauze than a syringe of powder?

Probably not the best idea to use unless you're going to have access to medical care soon after.