What is the best way to fight against banzai charge?

What is the best way to fight against banzai charge?

Attached: banzai-charge-ww-photos.jpg (500x309, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/442nd_Infantry_Regiment_(United_States)#Lost_Battalion
budk.com/US-Marine-1942-Soldier-Sword-Sheath-25869
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Die motherfucker die.

A browning machine gun

Attached: Portable Bunker.jpg (893x1361, 656K)

>Safety clip
>Twist, pull pin
>Frag out
or
>Prepping 203
or...

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 194K)

banzai charge them back

bofors loaded with canister

A retaliatory banzai charge.

Flank them and banzai charge them in the back.

N-nani!?

Fool! Then you've added to their charge and are pushing at your own positions!

Flank them, and then banzai charge their positions?

two simulations banzai charges from the sides

I read in some account that in the latter half of WW2, the Brits in Burma would perform bayonet charges against the Japanese to great effect, causing them to break formations.

Apparently the Japs weren't keen on getting stuck just as much as the Allied troops were, but the Allies could at least rely on overwhelming local fire support.

this is the right answer. user clearly read his history of guadalcanal.

belt fed 12ga loaded with buckshot.

Where can I get one of those?

I could see it working. Especially if the British had the element of surprise and pounced on Japanese units that didn't really have support weapons that could sustain fire.
There was an US Army unit of Japanese-Americans who mounted a banzai charge against the Germans.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/442nd_Infantry_Regiment_(United_States)#Lost_Battalion
>As the men of the 442nd went deeper and deeper they became more hesitant, until reaching the point where they would not move from behind a tree or come out of a foxhole. However, this all changed in an instant. The men of Companies I and K of 3rd Battalion had their backs against the wall, but as each one saw another rise to attack, then another also rose. Then every Nisei charged the Germans screaming, and many screaming "Banzai!"[25]:83 Through gunfire, artillery shells, and fragments from trees, and Nisei going down one after another, they charged.
>Colonel Rolin's grenadiers put up a desperate fight, but nothing could stop the Nisei rushing up the steep slopes, shouting, firing from the hip, and lobbing hand grenades into dugouts. Finally the German defenses broke and the surviving grenadiers fled in disarray.

I believe you meant to say "twin Bofors loaded with canister" there good sir.

Attached: 101_1850.jpg (2144x1608, 2.33M)

Join in

Attached: banzai charge color.jpg (2017x1625, 1.41M)

probably in the USMC arsenal. IIRC they were developed after the iranian embassy fiasco.

there's nothing the second barrel of cannister will hit that will still be in one piece after the first one chews through them.
also an acceptable answer

>tfw writing an alternate history where the Confederacy won the Civil War and joins the Allied Powers in WWII
>Anne Frank is nine months pregnant in it btw

Should I have the 442nd and Johnny Reb fighting side by side so that the Germans will hear the thundering roar of the Rebel Yell and the screech of "Tennōheika Banzai" simultaneously?

Attached: Charge of the Stonewall Brigade.gif (479x204, 3.68M)

Artillery, emplaced machine guns, aa trucks.

Also a banzai charge is just worse than using proper tactics to assault in almost every situation.

The only exception is against easily spooked unmotivated untrained troops. Like the Japanese faced in china. And china only did the same thing because it worked against them.

Every one else learned in ww1 that elan will not carry the day vs machine guns

Yeah, I really enjoy the idea of Union and Confederacy killing Nazis together.

That just proved the French didnt have enough elan.

Where can I find info on Bofors canister? Anyone know the ammo designation?

Flamethrowers? I read somewhere that it was part of their purpose.

Attached: 60s_sp10.jpg (480x360, 40K)

Shooting them, dumbass

When ma deuce speaks, everyone listens. Imagine what you can do with 4, or even 5

Attached: M16GMC.jpg (550x305, 24K)

Oh, I thought that I was supposed to sit there with my thumb up my ass.
Me gusta.

Attached: flamethrower.jpg (1022x589, 111K)

since they can't really shoot at you because they are (((charging))) shooting them is actually very efficient. they can only be dangerous if they get to you, or they stop and shoot you. 75% of imperial soldiers in the banzai charge would be killed before reaching the allied force.

If the CSA had won what would the relations be between the US and CSA?
I find it hard to imagine it would be great

/thread

the US and Vietnam seem to be getting along fairly well nowadays.

Attached: USMC Artillery.jpg (1000x796, 195K)

Attached: USMC IwoJima 37mm cannon.jpg (640x549, 100K)

Attached: Pacific arty.jpg (500x375, 30K)

Is that a good comparison though?

Thermopylae 2.0
Set up your base inside a choke point, and the enemy will walk in like a fish in a bamboo cage.

What is this? 18th century musket warfare?

My grandpa served with the USAFFE as one of the new Flip officers

He claimed that whenever Japs would do banzai charges they would lob grenades and then charge with pic related

Eventually the Japs would throw grenades as well and the only way to push them back is through artillery and mortars, there was a lack of M1919s and M2 ammuniton across either Flip/Burger units

Attached: 189414_orig250c.jpg (1100x733, 410K)

Also, shoot the closest ones first. You'll have a higher chance of hitting something and it can lower the morale and momentum of the charging adversary.

If they overrun the position, fall back to a secondary field (preferably enlaced with more barriers and barbed wire) and regroup into defensive columns.

Heavy stubbers, storm bolsters and a chain sword if things get rowdy

Barbed wire to slow them down, MGs with intersecting lanes of fire, arty/mortars on tap, air support, and a last ditch extra wide abandoned trench/toilet 30-50m in front of your firing line filled with barbed wire or punji sticks and hedge hoppers every 10-15m to buy enough time to fall back to a secondary line of defenses if you really cant break their momentum. Nothing makes a man put the brakes on quite like a sudden wall of flames appearing out of nowhere.

Probably comparable in design to any other modern cannon/gun or artillery canister or shrapnel shells in terms of general design principles. Reading up on those should give you the general idea.

This is actually the correct answer. My Dad was talking to a ww2 vet once and the topic of banzai charges came up, apparently in the pacific the preffered method the Marines would use to stop a banzai charge was a bunch of .30 cal machine guns firing at knee height. The veteran specifically emphasized that they would fire at knee height. Apparently the Marines actually liked banzai charges because it would give them an easy opportunity to cut down a lot Japanese. I suppose this is why some Japanese officers would prohibit their men from carrying out banzai charges later in the war.

Charge them back.

Attached: Confederacy_Infantry_23.jpg (736x966, 213K)

That's the idea

>If the CSA had won what would the relations be between the US and CSA?

Basically CS-US relations vary from in the shitter legitimately on fire. With border wars periodically erupting, not to mention countless Confederate-American proxy conflicts in Latin America well into the early-1930s. On the day Anne Frank is born for instance (June 12, 1929), the Confederate States Navy's Mosquito Fleet (the CSN's torpedo boat squadrons) sinks several US Coast Guard cutters that attempted to fire on an offshore oil platform in the Gulf of Mexico and proceed to send a battalion of Marines to raid an American listening post on Isla Nublar, where the attack originated from (this is ironically one of the less serious incidents because it didn't lead to cross-border shelling).

Things rapidly change though with the onset of the Great Depression which sees the election of Franklin Roosevelt and Huey Long as leaders of their respective countries. Both leaders have a personal disdain for each other, but realize that further conflict is pointless. The rise of Nazi Germany in the 1930s finally creates a common ground for both countries and the precedent for not just a thawing of relations, but an alliance.

>BOLD WHITE TEXT FLASHES ON THE SCREEN
>"WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?"

Attached: Union and Confederate Cavalry.jpg (832x909, 204K)

Attached: tauro-10.jpg (1002x1064, 283K)

faggots

sounds like complete horseshit, they hardly ever banzai charged

t.

Attached: members of the master race.png (431x653, 254K)

>banzai behind you
>nothing honorabru, gaijin

>Forgive me, MacArthur-san, but I must go all out. Just once.

Attached: A43-BK2178.jpg (1000x1000, 74K)

Banzai charges only worked against poor rice farms in China. They did not have machine gun (or very few) nor did they have semi-auto guns.

Once they started fighting someone with both, the Japs got their face smashed in. And it really doesn't help if there is artillery and Aire support too

Wasn't banzai charge also used as a form of honorary suicide?

I mean, in these scenarios the whole concept of it working is it failing...

I've always thought Harry turtledoves southern victory books were a pretty neat look at thing, at least the first 4 anyways.
>Jake featherston did nothing wrong

god i hope this is fake

budk.com/US-Marine-1942-Soldier-Sword-Sheath-25869

If it was good quality meme instead of garbage tier I would buy it.

Gentlemen, may I propose a technological solution to your marvelous quandary.

Attached: Maxim_portrait.jpg (374x510, 41K)

that promo video gave me autism

Heavy mg

Attached: 1551432497789.gif (445x250, 3.12M)

Just shoot everybody

Attached: isis suicid.webm (640x352, 1.22M)

Counter Charge, they never expect it.

Engage them in melee while a second friendly unit counter-Banzai charges them from behind. Hammer and anvil motherfucker

>burn down villages and slaughter civilians
Yeah its pretty similar.

Cavalry Charge. Preferably Lancers.

Attached: Uns_i_eua_pulaskis_legion_info_cavl.png (280x300, 97K)

If you look at the first invasions conducted the Japanese threw themselves at the beach landings which was good for the US forces because the bulk of the hostile force was destroyed on the initial assault. That change though and we got a smarter adversary like on Peleliu.

BREN gun

Attached: 98765432q.jpg (1236x823, 86K)

>what the fuck is that?
>it's me bren gun.

Lithuanian forest brothers?

Bandai charges worked well in China against an enemy with few automatic weapons and lacking in artillery, mortars and radios to quickly bring down view support. Against western troops they were costly disasters.

How far could a man realistically run, over broken, uneven ground, carrying rifle and bayonet, pack, grenades etc? Can't be too far especially if malnourished and/or diseased as the Japanese troops often were. Or did they abandon the banzai charge fairly early?

Probably ok. After all Britain and the USA were trading again as soon as the revolutionary war and war of 1812 were over.

Run inside a house so they have to take their shoes off and then shoot them.

Why would you carry your pack to a banzai charge? You take only the weapons and like.

Attached: D0FF68C9-5DA5-4E66-97B7-193CEE9D05DD.png (191x280, 104K)

>Bandai
*Bankai

Attached: 1543976238539.png (291x312, 127K)

240pilled

cool

Disciplined soldiers

Banzai charges were generally launched when the Japanese were backed into a corner with no means of escaping.

context?

Nah. It was an actual doctrine. One that persisted in the face of massacre after massacre, like a lot of doctrines before and since.

Teenage ISIS meatshields with suicide vests that were set to go off upon their deaths.

>Don't you think you could have brought something a little bit more practical?

>What is the best way to fight against banzai charge?
Heavily entrenched HB

Attached: s9FHnyi.jpg (800x533, 298K)

Start moving in a horizontal direction, left or right. They'll have to turn in a curve motion to follow you and some will end up shooting each other.

just a couple of machine guns. that's how they were stopped in real life.