Milspec triggers are not the best

Milspec triggers are not the best.
What trigger do you have in your AR?
What is your pull weight, how smooth is it?

Attached: 1B7796BC-1E8A-4D4D-8060-46FCC345CC78.jpg (1024x683, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

geissele.com/super-select-fire-ssfr-trigger.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Milspec is completely fine. Quit being a consumerist faggot and develop skills not your debt.

Geissele SSA-E
anything else is dogshit
/thread

wrong, dogshit

best is the Geissele SSP. prove me wrong. hint: you can't.

Attached: Anrebri.jpg (1081x688, 105K)

>boomer

>Geissele SSA-E
Those are $225.
That is more than what I paid for upper

that says more about your upper than the trigger.

lol poorfag millennial. get a job you filthy millennial. oh wait... student debt? ljl

This.

Heh, these kiddies don't use the Geissele Hi-Speed National Match. Fucking plebs

>What trigger do you have in your AR?
Ruger® Elite 452®

Attached: bb92b92c.jpg (900x900, 40K)

Nice benis bepe

I doubt any of you have those triggers

Whats unbelievable about having nice triggers?

Why are the majority of gun owners such gullible faggots? Geissele more than likely has profit margins in excess of 1000%, yet people sit and shill all day for their little 200 dollar cast parts and springs.

SSA-E
Geissele Hi-Speed NM
Hiperfire 24-3g
JP fire control original

When adjusted correctly, the Hi-Speed NM is the best two stage and the JP is the best single stage I've ever used.

Geissele SSA-E Baybeee

Geissele anything is pure gold, not sure why you gotta pimp just one trigger.

Yeah your dog shit mainstream giessle is mediocre compared to the hiperfire eclipse.

geissele.com/super-select-fire-ssfr-trigger.html
>available only to military, law enforcement, the Department of Defense, and BATFE approved persons
Fuck this cucked company I hope more vets commit suicide from PTSD.

Attached: GOONERS.jpg (474x359, 18K)

Fucking /thread

I have an SSA-E, kinda want an SD-C desu, SSA-E is light as fuck and I don't shoot distance much. I've dry fired an SSA in a Cabela's, like flat faced for anything that isn't retarded light. Still better than milspec or milspec adjacent shit, either way.

>I cant afford nice things so I use whats given to me.

What trigger are you using

ESL?

Milspec in one and an ALG ACT in the other.

>y i cry
elfmann ak trigger is kill

I have a KE Arms SLT-1 in my AR.
I got a decent deal on it below regular retail price. I initially got it because I was worried about the pin hole alignment on a polymer 80% lower that I completed with a hand drill. I kept the trigger when I switched to an aluminum lower after turning 21.
The pull is decent and it is nice (but not really functionally important) to be able to safe the rifle on a dropped hammer. Only complaints that I have are that it is incompatible with swift links or drop in auto sears and that you need to remove the safety (and thus also the pistol grip) in order to remove the trigger pack; it's a bit annoying that I have to remove the safety and switch over to a mil-spec trigger group if I ever want to install a swift link.

I have a Geissele SSP (and an SD-E). The SSP is the better trigger. It's not 1911-crisp, but it's pretty good. Resets without slack. That's my issue with the SD-E; the trigger resets somewhere in the middle of the first stage, as opposed to at the wall, and doesn't feel as good. I have an APC-223 with a milspec-derived trigger that is two-stage and doesn't do this. It doesn't make a difference while shooting, mind you. It's still a good trigger, just not as good as the SSP.

Attached: ssp-flat_1.jpg (1200x1200, 181K)

>hipsterfire memeshit shilling
Jej

Milspec, works fine for me. Shot a couple k through it and it’s not bad.

Stop being fucking poor.

Hiperfire's super nice but I use a Geissele SSP. 3.5 lb, single stage.
I hear too many stories about Rise Armament triggers breaking to ever trust them.

I have two CMC triggers one has some creep and the other breaks like glass but for $100 they were the best deal out their

>>boomer
not user but fuk you and your cultural marxist game-boy existance

>itt: a bunch of basedboi rangetraps brag about how much money they spent because they're incapable of polishing their own triggers

Just a BCM polished milspec trigger. Ritzy $300 triggers won't fix your fucked fundamentals.

>blem PSA freedom upper & parts kit
>shit works fine
>such is life of a beater

Can someone explain to me what are the advantages of having a straight trigger as opposed to a conventional curved trigger?

There's not really one, IMO. I just like the looks of it.

Attached: 20181220_192701.jpg (4032x1960, 3.71M)

Geissele SSA-E. Almost went with the Larue Trigger but I wanted that little G.

I modify my milspec to be a 2 stage.
It's p good

It seems like this thread calls for timestamped pictures of your trigger group and your shot group at 300 yards.

I guess that wouldn't be as much shitposting fun, though.

easier to ND.

99% meme aesthetics and flexing argfags
1% moving the shoe of the trigger forward so it's more comfortable to use the pad of your finger instead of the first joint.

when making posts like this it should be mandatory that you start by doing the thing you are demanding everyone else does. Post your trigger/groups with timestamps

I got a Franklin Armory BFS3 binary trigger in my pistol build. Its amazing.

Yea, but I'm newguns and I'm not shooting past 150 yet.

My airco brand trigger (brand of the welder I used)
It's a bit heavy due to the standard springs, but very crisp and not too long of a first stage. It was worth the effort.

Attached: 1551963740069.jpg (4128x2322, 2.12M)

Attached: XB4MvDXrt.jpg (755x943, 172K)

>JUSTASGOOD!

Geissele SSA

The E version is too light for me imho.

>t. Combat virgin civiecuck whiteoid

Haha. Shut the fuck up then

Attached: 20190504_201354.jpg (1126x720, 305K)

>i cant shoot for shit but being a jewish farm tool bandages my tiny white ego

I have Hiperfire EDT for my AR, which was $80.
After some polishing it has a 3.75 lb pull weight and very short travel. If there is any criticism I have of it, the reset is not "assisted" as it is on some other triggers/guns. You have to manually walk the trigger back or just release it. Very good trigger for a fighting rifle, for a precision you can do better.

Attached: 59505738_366888690586950_6886042978876391424_n.jpg (2048x1155, 544K)

Only a retard like you would pay that much. They go on sale for like $175-$180

I recently got an RA-140 (top, 3rd from left) for my AR9 pistol and it's a very nice upgrade from the milspec. Short and crisp, similar to the ALG AKT I have in my AK.

Attached: IMG_20190424_155608.jpg (3024x4032, 3.93M)

I have a milspec with jo Bob trigger springs. It's a 3.5 lb pull. Pretty nice. I also have a binary, I don't know my pull weight but it got pew pew.

I'm kind of with this guy, I have no issue with milspec triggers. If I were going to spend big bucks on a nice trigger there are about three or four guns in my safe I'd do before the AR.

I have the same trigger in my ARs. Very nice to use.

>That's my issue with the SD-E; the trigger resets somewhere in the middle of the first stage, as opposed to at the wall
That's a good thing.

But what if I've already developed my skills, got out of debt, and can afford a nice trigger without affecting my finances?

i have a BFS3 and its pretty good, the stock trigger savage puts in their guns is nice too. q

>Why are the majority of gun owners such gullible faggots? Geissele more than likely has profit margins in excess of 1000%, yet people sit and shill all day for their little 200 dollar cast parts and springs.
t. guy who has never used a geissele

gesiele can buy me one if they want a shill

Left to right

Geissele Hi Speed NM - Around 2.5 pounds, very nice trigger but the wall is not very defined, it's extremely easy to get doubles with this trigger, I don't like it for that reason. Very crisp break, adjustable, very smooth takeup.

Rock River Arms National Match 2 Stage tuned by White Oak Armory - Also very nice, around 3.5 pounds, very nice wall with imo the right amount of takeup weight vs break weight, I do not get doubles with this trigger but they are known to wear out and double fire after every ~2,000 rounds. This happened to me and White Oak re-stoned it for me so I'm set for awhile. Very crisp break, very smooth takeup after wear.

Larue MBT - This is my favorite trigger even though it's not adjustable. The wall in these is extremely pronounced, which is the feature I love most. Great 4 pound service weight, no double fires even with very light follow through. Extremely crisp break, pretty smooth takeup. If these are still $99 to $125 they are an absolute steal.

Another Larue MBT - Newer but feels the same.

Geissele SSA-E - Very overrated imo. I have had 3 of these. Pull weight is around 3.5-4 pounds which is great, but the break is not as crisp as people make it seem, not like the Larue or RRA. Too much weight on takeup and too little on break for my preference. Very good trigger but 3x overpriced. Pretty crisp and very smooth takeup.

Geissele SSP - Very smooth because it has to be, it's a single stage trigger. It's not crisp at all but it's fast and short. Roughly 3.5 pounds.

Stag milsped - One of the better GI triggers I've had, it's actually quite crisp and after a few thousand rounds it's very smooth now.

Not pictured ALT ACT, QMS, Double-star GI and a couple of who-knows GIs. They're all the same, they're not very crisp, not very pleasant and not very smooth. One GI is the same as another these days, even Colt and Stag use lesser parts than they used to. I can't comment on KAC or LMT.

Attached: triggs.jpg (2600x1733, 1.55M)

>but the break is not as crisp as people make it seem, not like the Larue
Gonna have to disagree with you there. The SSA-E I have has the same break as my MBT, but a bit lighter. That said, I do think the SSA-E is overpriced. I got mine on sale for 175, which feels less overpriced.

Patriot Ordinance Factory "Enhanced Finger Placement" trigger.

Aside from having the dumbest name ever it is really nice. Does what it says it does and pulls around 4 or 4.5 lbs.

Attached: 00516.jpg (900x900, 134K)

Re read the OP. He's not shitting on milspec triggers. Go be poor somewhere else.

It's mainly aesthetic, but straight triggers tend to be farther forward so maybe if somebody had huge fingers and refused to get a more comfortable grip it might be a benefit? I don't like them much.

I have had I think six... or seven Geisseles: They are the most overpriced trigger brand BY FAR. It's crazy how overpriced they are. They're not even machined, they're forged or stamped or something. Pic related. They stamp them out, put them in a jig for machine stoning and out the door they go with 5 cent springs.

I had 3 SSA-Es and 2 MBTs. One of my SSA-Es had actual creep but the other two just feel, I don't know, not as crisp. It's hard to describe and why Jizzley uses their little "carrots or candycanes" scale. Which is ironic because most Geisseles feel like carrots to me. My MBTs are EXTREMELY crisp because of that super hard wall they have.

But really it's preference determining which is better for who, and the price of MBTs should play a bigger part like you said. The fact that SSA-Es MSRP for more than what MBTs do is criminal.

Attached: cast memesele.jpg (2600x1733, 724K)

At least Larue actually machines every MBT from a billet.

Look at this shit.

This shit costs 1/3 as much as the equivalent Geissele, which has next to no machining on it. You're telling me G isn't overpriced? Pshh.

Attached: LMBT.jpg (1467x2200, 838K)

He had 3 of them though, so your opinion is worthless and you are a loser and Burt is the only one I will trust and you can go and stay go, ass.

Attached: 1550430410739.jpg (598x448, 33K)

Only thing I don't like about the MBT and similar triggers is the (relatively) poor reset. As in no assist. You just have to ride that shit forward.

fuck off boomer scum. die in a nursing home staffed with niggers

I like the regular AR trigger in my BCM. Maybe it's the NiB coating or whatever, its not bad to me.

Attached: checkem.jpg (300x300, 16K)

>Geissele Hi Speed NM
>the wall is not very defined
You should be able to adjust the sear engagement and the second stage weight for a more defined wall. If I remember correctly from installing mine, you're supposed to dial it to the point where there is no discernible second stage and then adjust it back to your liking.

Huh, I don't get that. I went and tried mine again to refresh my memory and the resets feel pretty similar with maybe a little more force on the MBT than the SSA-E.

Yeah, it's a spring thing. It's the weight differential between takeup and total break weight that I don't love. Geisseles seem to prioritize takeup weight, in other words the takeup weight is usually equal to or greater than half the total weight of pull. idk how others do it but G tells you to bend the trigger spring up or down to adjust weight. I can never get it just right and the trigger as a result is left feeling either dangerous with too light a takeup weight or less distinct with too much takeup weight.

Maybe I'm up in my head too much but that's how I feel.

>Paying more than $90 USD for trigger group
Either a richfag or some retard on placebos

I mean, the SSF is really nice, and the SSA feels the same, but doesn't have the spur on it that engages the auto sear. That's basically the only difference.

1911 has a straight trigger
1911’s have the best trigger

POF USA 3.5lb drop in crisp break super short reset

Attached: OPhasbiggay.jpg (474x316, 9K)

Yea, I had an MBT with a similar creep issue which I returned to LaRue. I gotta say, they just feel similar to me. I would rate the MBT feel far above the SSA, though, I hated that trigger. Long rolling breaks piss me off. Anyway, the only reason I even have an SSA-E is because the MBT doesn't work in my rifle.
Uh, ok.

>You're telling me G isn't overpriced?
I dont really know. My point is that aftermarket triggers are way better than milspec triggers.

>t. baasedboi who has never picked up a tool in his life

I bought an Elftmann Match Trigger for my Ar-15 build, the pull weight is adjustable, mine is set to somewhere around 2.75 to 3 lbs (i lost my tension scale). Its very smooth, pull is only like a millimeter, and the reset is very crisp, no wobbling at all. On the pricy side, but worth it imo.

Simmer down there Harbor Freight

POF 3.5 lb single stage, it's rad. Trigger foot looks kind of dumb but shoots better than I do

Attached: IMG_20190504_232714.jpg (1503x1784, 521K)

>What trigger do you have in your AR?
>What is your pull weight, how smooth is it?
For the two I own, one Franklin Armory binary trigger (in pic related) and a CMP 3.5lb single stage (As a stand-in for my Colt 733 clone). Probably going to sell the CMP and buy a 3rd binary trigger.

Attached: 20190426_191241-smol.jpg (1125x1500, 2.79M)

Whatever the third one is on the top. I don't remember what it was called. It has a nice feel but it's been having issue resetting. I've done nothing to diagnose or fix it because I'm lazy and I've been busy with other shit.

I've got an RA140 SST. It is noticeably nicer then a mil-spec. I've never shot a 250$ trigger so I can't say how it stacks up compared to them. But you can find them on sale for $80 sometimes. I prefer a two stage trigger only if I'm doing precision long shot paper punching. I like a single stage trigger for most shooting.

It looks neat

Wilson Combat's 3G trigger is absolutely amazing for double taps.
I want to like their single action TTU, but it fails to reset with my bolt carrier.
In any case machining and finish on them is far superior to any other trigger I've tried. (timney, geiselle, larue, hiperfire)

Why are end users so concerned with shit like this? Cast or machined from billet means nothing to the end user.

In this case it's burt, who must be an internet expert because he can no longer walk much (too much fat).