Should America do away with the Air Force

>nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/debate-statement-america-should-do-away-air-force-54737

Should the Air Force be a separate branch?

Attached: CA087F70-1DE0-4D19-A709-FAE83D0B74A4.jpg (1200x867, 200K)

Other urls found in this thread:

linkedin.com/in/justin-s-hsu
ohiodiversitycouncil.org/v2/what-we-do/programs-events/veterans-summit/2017-veterans-summit/tony-culic/
youtu.be/L-4XsDQYDi4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dunno, but
>Should America bring back the F-14?
I say YES

Finally, an user I agree with!

YES

>air force
>posts f-14
also why would you get rid of the chair force? why? we need a branch focused on the air you absolute fucking retards

Fpbp

A beautiful jet.

Tomcat II: Low-RCS Boogaloo

Attached: 01-1.jpg (2676x1827, 390K)

roll it into the Space Force

Retarded shit like this is why no one takes Nat. Interest seriously.

>Robert Farley
That guy is a Navy supremacist.
The argument to get rid of Air Force has merit but I discredit anything coming out of Farley.

Strategic transport should belong to the SF and not the Army?

We wanted to do something similar in the late 40s but only have an air force and army and get rid of the navy.
Then Korea happened and we were fucked
bottom line, no branch should be taken away

fpbp and /thread

AF has been useless. Invasion of the CONUS is still ongoing and AF hasn't done shit.

As much as I love it, the F-14 was both technologically and tactically obsolete after barely a few years of service when the F/A-18 appeared and the threat of slav bomber spam became less of a thing. Programs such as F/A-X tried to revive the concept of variable geometry fighters for the navy (See: ) but they found out they'd be no real advantages over the fixed wing designs.

Attached: 1551574632684.png (2000x1312, 1.99M)

The Air Force should stay as the air superiority and strategic bombing force but CAS should get moved to the Army and Marines exclusively.

This is entirely retarded and evidently you've never heard of F-16 and A-10CSAR , I suggest reading up on the Bosnian war/Operation Allied Force asap. The person who wrote the OP article has also never heard of that operation apparently.

From a logistical standpoint, the Air Force should absolutely remain a stand alone branch. They have become an invaluable pillar of our military force post-WWII and cannot be appropriately funded if rolled back into the Army. More importantly, Army maintenance standards are not good enough to keep extremely complex and sophisticated aerospace hardware in reliable condition. I've seen that fact firsthand.

What NEEDS to happen is a restructuring of budget with a focus maintenance instead of acquisition. The budget reports wouldn't be so fucking embarassing if they could point to a higher successful sortie rate across the board. Also, allocating more funds into maintenance wings would increase morale by FINALLY resupplying woefully undermanned and underequipped maintainers who struggle to keep aging platforms in combat ready states.

This. Their "authors" are literally computer science students. What a joke.

At least they have a degree

A degree in compsci doesn’t give one any expertise when it comes to military matters.

FPBP

Of course, should have done so long ago, no way they could ever compete against strong RuAF, will save them more money so they can import more illiterate criminals and house them

Attached: Shilling.jpg (2048x1582, 687K)

Convenient of your image to omit kill ratios

Get rid of the Air Force? No, that's fucking retarded. But I'd fully support rolling back the stupid goddamn agreements made in the '50s and '60s about who gets to have what in aircraft. Air Force goes back to being SAC and air superiority, and let Army/Marine Aviation handle the CAS stuff.

Attached: 1552890072077.jpg (1024x791, 123K)

> Nig-Flug statistics

Nice try schlomo

Attached: fbi.jpg (736x752, 50K)

But a degree is indicative of certain work ethics that would allow one to study up on a subject and become familiar with it

No, they are based

Attached: 111213-F-EW478-963.jpg (2231x1487, 1.09M)

The typical computer """science""" student is an arrogant piece of shit who believes he is an expert at everything for mastering an entirely unspecialized subject that seems to be more about applying buzzwords to concepts stolen from other fields and making routine, brainless tasks appear harder than they actually are. They routinely forget how important specialization and domain knowledge is, hence retarded proposals like the premise of this thread.

The typical computer science nigger utterly fails at independently applying his field to the real world and this can be seen in the high level bullshit number pushing, such as fagbook, google, etc. It is sad that society worships these cucks and intends on letting them turn our world into an AI driven dystopian botnet.

cope faggot
superior k:d gets the win

The RIO of that F-14 is a slanty eyed Chink:

linkedin.com/in/justin-s-hsu

Attached: USMC-120227-M-5423P-091.jpg (3267x2174, 576K)

On the morning of 20 January 2021, taking advantage of the chaotic political situation surrounding the inauguration of the next President, US Army and USMC forces launch surprise attacks on USAF bases around the world, supported by US Naval Aviation if within range of the coast. The effeminate and ineffectual Air Force Security Forces are quickly brushed aside by the better-equipped and trained Army and Marines. Inland bases and missile silos are taken over by Army Special Forces, seizing control of key Air Force early warning and command installations such as Nellis AFB, the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs and the Stargate under Cheyenne Mountain. Pro-Air Force Congressmen and Senators are killed or detained at the Marine Barracks in Washington D.C. Lockheed Martin and Boeing corporate headquarters are bombed. America's allies and adversaries all over the world are too stunned to react in the face of this Zoomie holocaust as Ramstein, Osan and Yokota are overrun and their personnel slaughtered.

It turns out that the Department of the Army and Navy have conspired to destroy the USAF and divide its assets and budget among themselves. Can the surviving Air Force personnel prevent themselves from being hunted down and destroyed?

The pilot has also retired from the Navy and is now a shill for General Electric:

ohiodiversitycouncil.org/v2/what-we-do/programs-events/veterans-summit/2017-veterans-summit/tony-culic/

Pic related is his fucking wife

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

Reminds me of this one book I read way back in the day where the Commandant of the USMC leads the Corps on a coup and manages to create a break away republic in the West with 29 Palms as the new capital

>pt gloves
>decorative undershirts
is this even a real branch? Your local larpers look more like a military than this

>counting their combat missions
they're just shooting missiles at people who can't possibly shoot back. not much to really brag about

Attached: 89d9adb9a54f41497c0ff5e1a79a7d80.png (1000x1386, 1.31M)

F/A-18 is too short ranged.

Is that JFK? I thought he served on a carrier

General John Charles Meyer

Attached: JohnCMeyer.jpg (1514x1863, 209K)

the entire flanker family only has 6 kills in total.

>29 Palms
Why the fuck would anyone make that the capital of anything?

JFK commanded a PT boat.

JFK's older brother, joe kennedy jr was a pilot. The plan was for him to be president, until he died in WWII.

Attached: ec8956a43e49c2b679554dcfaf6e4d58.jpg (559x720, 91K)

Most of them MiGs

Attached: i am getting too old for this shit.jpg (306x305, 33K)

How about getting rid of the army.

> expand marine corps
> expand national guard
> keep one airborne/air mobile division for quick response
> recruit division from NG volunteers
> let marine Corp/airborne set standard for equipment
> issue new standardized and obsolete equipment to NG units

>the Stargate under Cheyenne Mountain
Same response as in the thread you started. You've just given the Air Force several capital-scale spacecraft that can annihilate entire surface units at will, and they're armed with nukes as well.

At least our old ruling class took noblesse oblige so seriously that they got killed performing it. Compare this to, say, Joe Biden. Yeesh.

>expand marine corps

Attached: 446D491E-222A-4459-8519-3F9348F7609F.jpg (458x418, 33K)

They’re one of the offensive tools of the US. What point is there in having a blunt sword?
Being ready to fight ww3 abroad is a waste of money. Keep a quick reaction force for offense (marines) and one for continent defense (airborne).

Just fold the marines back into the army or navy. And the army and Air Force have twice as many bases than marines do

damn bone spurs

Bases cost money. Let the states take over the army bases for the NG.
Keep as many joint AF/NG bases for joint training/operations.

Blood for the blood god. Skulls for the skull throne.
>sometimes they can fire back :)

Attached: Turk chopper shot down.webm (1096x720, 2.89M)

Some third world shitholes have tried this to save money and it never works out even with their significantly less complicated maintenance and logistics.

well it's either that or nothing

Attached: 1533013576093.jpg (522x522, 110K)

>retarded thread
>retarded article
>"nationalinterest"

youtu.be/L-4XsDQYDi4

Attached: f-14.png (640x816, 1.05M)

Truly, the M14 of planes.

Kill ratios don't lie retard.

Attached: 746352.jpg (220x174, 7K)

I mean its been quite a while, but in the event of actual large scale open hostilities with another developed country, i'm sure we'd be better off retaining the Air Force just for strategic air campaigns. The type of tactical close air support we've relied on extensively during the war on terror is all well and good, but bombing infrastructure, production facilities, and yes even population centers for a prolonged sustained effort, is another matter entirely.

MUH DICK

Attached: 1552530579623.jpg (640x684, 35K)

>ZOG
Based.

Attached: refugees_welcome.jpg (446x604, 53K)

>>Talking anything that BuzzFeed Ievel garbage says seriously