Use AK front sight tool while zeroing new rifle

>use AK front sight tool while zeroing new rifle
>windage adjustment is stiff
>end up marring the front sight finish despite being as gentle as possible

Is this like a 1911 idiot mark or is there room for redemption?

Attached: 8C9134F8-2511-414A-A341-28D6EAC7BF54.jpg (1622x2046, 574K)

>tool for war get scratched
>complain

ok btw the dry cleaner called ur panties are clean and ready for pick up

Take a blueing pin, should be fine.

It's a tool, if wanted Gucci get an AR

Turning the safety on and off scratches AKs, scratching and marring them is a non issue and happens when you do nearly anything with them.

>AK
>marring
>gentle
Are you retarded user?

>oh noes
>my ak got scratched!!1

...fucking faggot. Did you know that AK’s get a scratch from the safety selector? An AK is a gun designed to be used in combat and work under shitty conditions and here you are, complaining about scratches.

I have a rusty gas tube and muzzle break on my SGL-31. You know why I don’t care to clean it? I actually use my gun a lot and it works very well despite that. Treat guns like the tools they are.

Attached: 175ED3EB-4425-4786-B167-46CECFABBD94.jpg (850x478, 158K)

Just making sure it’s normal for a sight adjustment tool to scratch up the gun. Calm your autism

RIFLE IS FINE

also it's normal, you gud whiteboi.

holy shit you guys are very based and quite possibly redpilled

Use oil next time. Just coat a small amount. It helps

they just mad cuz a thread died for this bullshit, OP. Next time post a question like this in QTDD

Think pic related would be g2g?

Attached: 46A1BA4D-C1C9-4A53-AAC0-1AA3C4CD498C.jpg (880x660, 33K)

>being this mad

FAG ALERT! WE GOT A FAG OVER HERE!!! ITS OP!!!

Attached: 1541666926990.gif (400x400, 1.64M)

Fixed

Attached: 1192436.jpg (1000x1000, 47K)

That might be a little too dark, just let it soak in some acetone nail polish remover

Frankly it is significantly more embarrassing for your """main""" gun to be in absolute pristine condition than it is for it to be all scratched and worn to shit.

Attached: shit taste.png (528x546, 256K)

savage

On one hand its not a big deal, they're designed to be beat up. On the other hand, its not unreasonable for you to expect a gun with the reputation for durability that the AK has, to have a finish that can handle gentle scrapes without being worn shiny.

big milky titties

I always just put a rag between the tool and the sight although those scratches are just normal. No t on the same plane as the idiot mark.

>marring the front sight finish
and that matters because?

That’s kinda fuckin gay

Attached: EABCC80A-B09E-4D2D-80D0-6083BAB5B824.jpg (2048x1536, 968K)

>You know why I don’t care to clean it?
Because youre a lazy faggot?
yeah, treat guns like tools, that means take care of them to get the most use out of them.

to be fair, there is a good chance no one will notice. last time I posted my question got it buried by faggots larping about Rhodesia.

Because he's a special snowflake and not an operator's operator.

surface finish wears, deal with it
this one had a quite the fresh surface finish when i got it and this picture is just after two months of lugging it around

Attached: 20190324_175952.jpg (3264x1836, 1.39M)

fuckin lol

>You know why I don’t care to clean it?

Because you're a dumbfuck. The AK was designed for the Soviet/Russian military. And you know want a soldier does in the military ? He cleans his rifle EVERY TIME he shoot it.

this

GIB !!

Attached: 1554079284179.jpg (778x512, 46K)

>implying ARs don't also look best when beat to shit

>buys cheap slavic rifle from the chinky jews of europe trying to make a quick buck on idiot westerners
>wonder why finish is such shit it literally falls off when anything makes contact with it

>only reasonable post out of 33 replies

SIGHT IN THE RIFLE....AND ITS GOT ME FEELIN WEIGHTLESS, SO DAMN DANGEROUS GOT MY,THINKING BOUT MY SIGHTS!!!!!!!!

Attached: 1556996995949.png (525x478, 221K)

i just assumed nobody zero’d their aks

>t. noguns

>Just making sure it’s normal for a sight adjustment tool to scratch up the gun
It isn't, you're a dipshit, but most importantly nobody cares that you scratched your ak.

the only people i ever see adjusting their sights are guys shooting deer rifles. never seen anybody adjusting iron sights on milsurp or ak’s. i have seen somebody adjusting a1 carry handle sights but those dont require some obscure tool or a bootleg method to adjust. i assume anybody with iron sights just uses kentucky windage based on where they know their rounds impact. optic master race.

No, it is not like a 1911 idiot mark. The windage drum on my WASR was so tight that it appeared to have been coated in black paint and then beaten into place by gorillas with sledgehammers then glued in place with additional paint. It is impossible to move that drum without whaling on it on any AK I've tried to zero, from Romys to Polish to Yugos to Chinese, to "parts guns." On my WASR I used one of the screw tools, had to put so much force on it I bent the handles, and scratched the sides of the drum and front sight tower anyway.

Non-reflective matte black BBQ grill spray paint fixed it right up once it was zeroed, though. RIFLE IS FINE. Don't sweat the small stuff.

theres plenty of retards who don't zero their guns.

Doesn’t that paint need to be cured at like 400 degrees?

why is it that they all come like that?
i always wonder if my ak ever shot anyone

no, it makes it stronger but it doesn't NEED to be baked, its pretty strong as is and can always be touched up in 5 seconds.

Baking it will reduce gloss so if you want less gloss, just buy MATTE from the get go.

Will do. Appreciate the help