.380 for women

I bought a Ruger LCP II for my fiance a couple months ago as she runs a gas station and the neighborhood has been getting darker lately. However it stovepipes at a rate that I'm not comfortable with, every five or six mags. I don't know much about tiny .380 pistols, which is what she's comfortable with and can get away with carrying at work. Is there something that can be replaced on this gun to fix it or would it be better to get something else? I don't want to put my fiance's life in the hands of a gun that I know can malfunction.

Attached: 1531888179999.png (410x410, 106K)

Should have gotten a G42

I'm gonna bump your thread with a question of my own. Can you pocket carry an lc9s or should I just get an lcp.

This.
Glock 42 is chunkier than the other 6rd micro .380s, but it handles and shoots way better, and its way more reliable.

Tell her to get off her lazy ass and do her own research if she's not satisfied. She's not a fucking princess.

You can't swap out parts to keep your GF from limpwristing.

Two issues, the most likely being new magazines. New Ruger mags are stiff as hell and cause a lot of issues until you break them in. The other would be ammo selection. Little pistols like that are generally more ammo sensitive and you have to run multiple types to find out what works best. As far as pocket 380's go there aren't many that are more consistent without going to something like a P238. Something like a EC9 would be the next step in avoiding issues like that if you wanted to switch weapons.

She can always have some extra training to fix that by stroking my 12" cock. Haha

WTF? I have one and it only had issues with shitty ammo.

Women are dumb, gullible and uncaring. Most only carry to pose and appeal to gun owning men or do so when their husbands or significant other want them to.

She can conceal a Shield

It does that when i shoot it too and I'm not limpwristing, none of my other handguns have this issue

Fuck you incel

She doesn't like my Shield 2.0 or I'd have bought her one of those. She's very short and even an AR has too long of a LoP for her to operate easily.
I was thinking maybe the M&P Bodyguard .380

Go back to r*ddit

see if Ruger will fix it on warranty

>M&P Bodyguard .380
I owned one, it was okay, occasionally had stovepipes on the last round.
Ended up selling it and moving to a Glock 42 that has been 100%

Good to know.

Pocket pistols do have a long history of being fussy about ammo, but the LCP seems to be pretty omnivorous, and I don't know why the LCP II would be any different in that regard.

What ammo are you using?
Does it only happen with (possibly underloaded or inconsistent) practice ammo, or also with full-power carry ammo?
If it only happens with practice ammo, I wouldn't worry about it -- just consider it extra practice in clearing malfunctions.

If it's happening with all ammo, and if it persists when someone with a good grip is firing the gun, send it back to Ruger and have them fix it.

If it happens with all ammo, but only when your gf is shooting it, then she needs to either fix her grip or get a different gun that's less sensitive to limp-wristing.

>I don't want to put my fiance's life in the hands of a gun that I know can malfunction.
Every gun _can_ malfunction, especially with bad ammo or a poorly trained user. You're right to expect better than one malfunction in 30-40 rounds, but understand it will never be perfect.
(Also, guns don't have hands.)

Should have bought her a 38 special snub revolver.

My Shield 2.0 has never had a malfunction in over 3,000 rounds of nickel plated +p+, dirty steel case garbage, and everything in between. I'd like to find something like that but in .380 if it exists.
I've shot mostly fmj out of it, but it consistently stovepipes at least once every fifty rounds.

Have you let it go through a 300-400 round break-in period? Given it a thorough cleaning and oiling since you bought it?

It's her, not the gun. Mine has never done that. Tell her to stop limp wristing.

When she inevitably does not, get her a revolver and call it a day. Semi-autos require manhandling. Revolvers can be ladyfingered and still work.

Taraus pt-111 g2s*, LCP IIs, bersa thunders, and beretta picos** are all good, reliable guns i've owned that are generally female compatible.
*not 380
**going to need someone else to break it in or she'll have issues with the slide

You have three options:
>warranty fixable issue
>you're a filthy kike and need better ammo
>you ARE limpwristing.

I'm going to guess it's the latter two. Mine handles garbage like blazer brass just fine.
Bodyguards are trash.

Bodyguards are just terrible. She will not practice with one of those things.

I have an LC9S. It's too big for pocket carry, also too heavy and would look retarded in a coat pocket or cargo pocket. I carry it one of two ways
1. In my truck center console
2. In a bladetech holster at 4 o clock.
I don't trust it with my life so it mostly stays in my truck for a "i cant get to my carry gun, gun"

Women shouldn't own guns. They will never be able to adequately defend themselves, guns or no. Only real solution is to purge the neighborhood of niggers and other undesirables and to only allow women out in groups on shopping trips and the like.

Shhh. Let him buy her a pcoket gun with the worlds worst trigger and then come back and ask why she can't hit shit. It'll be fun.

I've shot a derringer that disgusted me less than the bodyguard I handled.

I've put about 400 rounds through it and cleaned it about 5 times

Found the one wahmen here, sorry honey this is a male space deal with the truth

I have a LCP2. I have noticed some FTF malfunctions when it was new but it stopped doing it after a few hundred rounds. IIRC this break in period is also mentioned in the manual.

Load Underwood extreme defenders

When your wrist is integral to the gun's recoil operation, it's not a good idea for just anyone to carry a pocket .380. They also tend to be finicky about ammo selection. So she must train to overcome her limp wristing, and try different types of ammo, or just get her a firearm better suited for an inexperienced shooter.

Is she pocket carrying or IWB?

Sccy.

Are you me?
One thing though if I wanted to wear cargo shorts/pants, I could pocket carry it, but only with a slim pocket holster. I’ve noticed that if I just carry in my pocket the safety gets disengaged which is kind of concerning.

That being said mine will eat anything and it’s more likely that OPs wife is limp wristing really bad.

>unironic truck gun backup for gun you're wearing if you can't reach your carry gun
>are we both retarded goobers?