Is the FAL useful for anything outside of just fun shooting?

Is the FAL useful for anything outside of just fun shooting?

Attached: 5765D19B-FDA2-4D17-B584-57157CE6DB0D.jpg (1306x720, 37K)

Establishing and defending white minority rule

Slotting floppies

Slotting gooks (fun fact: floppy was only really used to refer to dead terrorists, otherwise they called them gooks)

>is a semi automatic rifle in 7.62 NATO useful for anything
I guess if you had to shoot something, like for hunting, or self defense. It's pretty sturdy so you could probably use it as a club. Can part of the receiver be used to open bottles?

Idk how to answer that. Its more useful than any ww2 milsurp, for pretty much any task. Its a bit more limiting than a modern .308 semi, but its still functional.

/thread

Think of it like the Heavy Crossbow of modern war. It's not ideal for rapid engagements, but with a decent muzzle brake and slightly shorter barrel, I can see it as a decent counter to heavy body armor from a regular infantry perspective.

I think that classifies as "fun shooting"

Shooting spooks,
Both the paranormal and glowing varieties.

Larping

Attached: weeb gang.jpg (4032x1855, 3.46M)

Define "useful". Aren't all firearms for fun with secondary uses (hunting, personal defense)?

Yeah, but a sizable population of Jow Forums thinks if you're not using whatever sealdeltagruspetsrangers use, you may as well be a cave man with a stick.

Just like with all the M1A hate. It is like no self awareness when people spend 2k on MP5 sbrs and other guns then bitch at people buying "impractical" guns for fun.

>It is like no self awareness when people spend 2k on MP5 sbrs and other guns then bitch at people buying "impractical" guns
Thats a horrible example. SBR'd PCCs are the ideal HD gun.

.308 is solid for everything in North America from Coyote to Elk.

110gr TAP for social work is a nasty round.

If worse comes to worst and an armed domestic conflict happens, a FAL will serve you well.

>Yeah but if you're in a sandstorm and drop your M1A in the mud it'll fucking FAIL M1AFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH LMAO
Gotta agree with the other guy though sbr PCCs are pretty great for HD.

I mean compared to modern rifles like an AR

Yeah. But it's heavier, and probably not as accurate. It will work if you need it to work. Consider the fact that right now, there's a ton of Africans out there fighting their never ending tribal wars with rusted out FALs. Pretty sure they do the job.

So reliability and simplicity are what you’d buy it for (other than aesthetic/larp)

I've heard the 110gr TTSX from black hills is better than the TAP and it's easier to get because hornady is big gay about "civilians"

Hog hunting.

It's a semi-automati rifle in a full power cartridge.
If it needs killed an FAL is a damn fine choice with no glaring flaws.

Decent for hunting, home defense, and anything else you might need a gun for.

Killing commies and South Americans

This. It's a fucking monster round, and it's a reliable, battle proven, design. The only argument against it is it isn't a super accurate mechanism. There aren't dmr versions of the FAL for a reason. It's a battle rifle, and it does battle rifle stuff superbly.

Well there is that Irish DMR FAL thing. Ugly though

>There aren't dmr versions of the FAL for a reason.
Because they all were potentially DMRs. Pretty much every commonwealth military issued a SUIT sight to their marksmen, and that was fitted to rifles that were found to be notably accurate during factory testing or just bolted onto whatever rifle the individual had been issued with. People always meme about "muh inherent accuracy" like it means anything regarding a time when service rifles shot 5 moa and that was that.

Besides, IMBEL makes a DMR FAL.

m1a is a shit simply cause it's a cheapened reproduction of a real m-14, just like dsa fals are too

>no cast shit receivers pls

There are different methods of casting, M1A cast receivers are incredibly robust.

Killing niggers

it's still weaker than a forging would be

>would the military accept a casted rifle ?

>also why can't America into steel forging ?, every other country seems to forge critical parts for guns

Then I've got absolutely nothing for criticisms of it. I Iove the FAL, I just wasn't aware of those things.

I've seen one (1) example of a cast M1A breaking, ever.
>Would the military accept a casted rifle?
If it passed whatever tests they put it through and the price was right, yes.
>also why can't America into steel forging ?, every other country seems to forge critical parts for guns
Because it's cheaper and people want to save money more than they want to make a good product. Case in point; American AKs and their fetish for cast fucking trunnions. Which is a god damn shame.
I'd much rather have forged parts myself, but I don't find (certain) cast products to be an issue.

Not everything has to be forged. There are plenty of cases where forging offers no serious benefits to the structural integrity of a design while increasing the unit cost.
Engineers plan this shit out. Look at the transition between the AK-47 (milled receiver) and the AKM (stamped receiver).

It's pretty useful for being the right arm of the free world.

It did a pretty good job of removing watermelon.

it sucks
too fucking heavy
i mean seriously
guard duty with one of those is worst part of my job

Hit the gym, you limp dicked third world faggot.

This guy gets it

Attached: 68F78C93-19C4-4816-96A1-7117DC4A8E31.jpg (2009x2048, 952K)

How weak are you

fpbp

18 year old 67kg-1.80cm army conscript weak
(please dont judge)

Attached: 1553727046431.jpg (5184x3456, 2.4M)

Where do I buy one of these things?

Attached: 1556822908596.gif (512x287, 1.24M)

>social work
lmao

>pic
Wanna smag

If you shoot a mans with it he'll died, does what it's meant to, 10/10.

I'm sure /jp/ could give you a link. Though they're expensive from what I hear.

Attached: 1457127264817.webm (1267x720, 1.47M)

are you sure they didn't call them spooks

Nope, gooks, I guess there were a lot of American mercenaries joining the RLI or something

Attached: 213421341.jpg (1000x637, 276K)

why do anons hate on M1A? Its kind of on my list.

I read "Once Upon A White Man." It was pretty decent. You got any other recommendations?

It's made by Springfield, who pretty much killed their reputation when it turned out they sent a ton of money to anti-gun politicians or something like that and when they were called out on it did a "we're soooorry~, pls buy our guns :3"

didnt ruger do that too?

I really wish RWDS/Western Outlands would come back.
They had absolutely unrivaled clothing.
Some (((journalists))) must have threatened to dox their families or something.

Attached: SAAhelper.jpg (785x757, 287K)

Killing rhodies and britbongs