/arg/ Assault Rifle General

/arg/ is for discussing the assault rifle 15 and the assault rifle 10

Dead Air Is Better Edition

Previous thread:

Attached: nice Ash clones.jpg (900x600, 132K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/texR4MgVnH8
youtube.com/watch?v=OCYT9Hew9ZU
tombstonetactical.com/catalog/fnh/98561-1-scar-17s-rifle-7-62mm-16in-20rd-black-us-made/
bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-M16-Government-20-Upper-Receiver-Group-p/bcm-urg-gov-20.htm
aeroprecisionusa.com/ar15-556-20-complete-upper-fsb
palmettostatearmory.com/psa-20-chf-rifle-length-5-56-nato-1-7-a2-upper-with-bcg-charging-handle-30796.html
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

based PSA
cringe OP

I like the colors going on here

Attached: 9.jpg (4032x1580, 674K)

i really oughtta get off my ass and sell that same upper.

PSA is JUST AS GOOD™

Attached: n.jpg (1080x1350, 137K)

Attached: very beat up rifle.jpg (480x480, 34K)

stolen valor?
youtu.be/texR4MgVnH8

Attached: Screenshot (45) - Copy.png (1883x960, 799K)

Is wedgelock gtg?

Attached: very inconspicuous gray man.jpg (480x480, 43K)

h e a v y

Attached: like ash.jpg (2000x1500, 574K)

posting my gat

Attached: block2cqbtpeq16.jpg (2048x1152, 282K)

no, its just factory scar
Yes

with eotech instead

Attached: block2ish.jpg (2048x1152, 324K)

Attached: mk18mod0.jpg (2048x1152, 326K)

last gat

Attached: 16a4gery.jpg (2048x1152, 329K)

>block 2ish

mfw

Attached: 1512422268044.jpg (2016x1512, 994K)

>factory scar
It's ok. It was just the perfect time to share the video

yours is better than mine, why do you have the fixed front sight? also do you experience zero shift with your PEQ when you shoot depending on stress you put on the rail?

the waiting is the hardest part

Attached: DSCN2218.jpg (2304x1376, 998K)

What is the heaviest AR-15 you got?

>pic related

Attached: heavy.jpg (4032x1755, 1.48M)

blawk 2 baby

Attached: 20190224_211749.jpg (2322x4128, 2M)

Tell me about it. I have another month and a half at the very least to go before my LaRue upper kit even ships out. I keep going through phases where I just want to cancel and go with a BCM upper but I've got a bit of a sunk time fallacy going on. The plus side is that the additional time gives me the chance to save up for a really good optic.

i'd say using the meantime to save up for a good optic is the right move.

i figure i have almost a year before i can take my sandman-s home, and i am tossing around whether or not i want to buy another rifle can or get the ball rolling on a pistol can this month.

either way it just means more waiting

Attached: DSCN2136.jpg (2304x1728, 1.36M)

What is the general consensus on Faxon barrels?

someone sell me a SCAR retards
WUGWUSS tier

I only use Faxon barrels, haven't had a single problem and they're damn good for the money.

Pop quiz. It's May 1992. Your Los Angeles video rental store is under attack from black rioters. The current threat is Big Wiz and his 5 associates, who are headed your way. The only weapons you have to choose from are a Mk-11 and a Mk-12 with 50 rounds. You are positioned on the rooftop with a clear view of his large-rimmed Chevrolet Suburban. He and his homeboys are firing at you from inside of the Suburban 200 yards away, and your family lives on the 2nd story of your business, so you must eliminate Big Wiz as soon as possible. Which weapon is the correct one to choose for this scenario? If you'd like some help with this quiz, I've attached a study guide as the quiz is open book. Choose wisely.

Attached: 7.62 NATO vs 5.56 NATO.jpg (1636x1357, 1.37M)

Throw WUGWUSS-tier mk11 and 12 in the nearest homeless camp. Unzip my trusty mouldy Ash clone and smoke some retards.

The choice of weapon is immaterial, it's how you handle the situation.

Go on.

Too many variables. Is the fire accurate? What are they shooting at me with? If I'm not feeling particularly suppressed with accurate fire, I engage using my superior position. My position is vastly superior and they are far enough away that I wouldn't feel pressured to take risks until they're moving in. If they're not moving correctly under accurate cover fire with something like a bounding overwatch, I could probably leisurely pick them off as they move, most likely firing wildly.

Should they make it inside I move my family back as far as possible and guard the first chokepoint, most likely the stairs. If you've ever cleared a building, you know how heavily the defender has the advantage against any poorly executed breach. I could most likely kill or incapacitate the first guy I see and either continue fighting there or fall back to another chokepoint.

They're shooting at you with nickel plated, pistol gripped, 12 gauge shotguns with a variety of loads. Medium accuracy. There is 30 minutes of sunlight left.

>with 50 rounds
The premise sucks. You're throwing out the weight/space/cost benefit of 5.56. With 5.56 weighting about half as much and taking up significantly less space it should be
>mk11 50 rounds
>mk12 100 rounds

Are the bcg quad rails any good? They look like they might be a little bit fragile with all the extra material taken out. Can anyone recommend me a 12inch free float quad rail in the $200 to maybe $300 range.

Well, I mean not every fight involves a 20 mile mountain hike.

youtube.com/watch?v=OCYT9Hew9ZU

Beyond a surefire, kac drop in HGs and a red dot what should I do for my home Defense gun? Also moving into an apartment soon so was curious about what grain ammo I should use and Hollowpoint or not.

Attached: 99F8FB48-E1D1-44AA-B6CF-932D5F568457.jpg (2048x896, 434K)

What should I be looking for when I want to buy quality 5.56 that won't break my bank account?

Suppressor.

having fired both in the Army, I would take the one with the lower power optic being that they are 200 yards away and getting rounds on target is going to be limited by getting the target in the tube. However, lets say both have the same magnification, I would take the Mk-11 as it is a purpose-built, reliable rifle not a cobbled together DMR built from m16 recievers. Also because you said 50 rounds and 7.62 does hit harder than 5.56. I would much rather have an M4 with eotech and a full combat load however, because a DMR or sniper rifle is not the preferred weapon for a firefight inside 300m

stfu fag

How can someone not have an AR15 yet call themselves an American?

depends, what do you want to do with it? I tend to look for chrome lined barrel, 1/9 twist because I shoot shitty 55 grain ammo most of the time. If you know exactly what you want and you want to build then pick parts and put it together. If you aren't sure what you want you can start with a mid range AR like a Colt LE 6920, smith and wesson M&P-15 (not the sport, that's crap), BCM, or even a ruger and then build up from there and change it as you try new stuff and shoot it.

If you want validation on this board go buy a Daniel defense or an LWRC or an FN. They all make great ARs that are expensive. If you want to shitpost and have the performance of an entry level AR get an HK MR556

you ever actually shot a mk12? half of them have the purpley-bright upper that doesn't match the m16A1 lower. I haven't shot the KAC one but the one in your pic I have experience with and it shot really well but we had a couple failures with it going back into battery.

How gay am I?

Attached: IMG_20190505_075043.jpg (4160x2340, 2.66M)

>That gloss 4x (assuming) Leupold in a PEPR mount and low effort non-matching stock.
Talk about "had one lying around" mentality.

Like 8.8/10 super gay. I'd stick it up your twink ass for sure, call me.

Attached: a977d299-c876-45b5-aebf-909a01358203.png (1200x1600, 2.65M)

41382890 is some random user. I'm the 7.62 shill. I appreciate the feedback btw.

Sup nerds

Attached: IMG_20190505_092148445-01.jpg (1849x2689, 872K)

What you use to color fill the letters?

Oil pastels. They may not be permanent but it's been 2 months since I did it and it still looks good.

Attached: IMG_20190505_093802754-01.jpg (3116x3506, 2.2M)

Unrelated to the conversation but what does it matter if the upper and lower don't match, aren't most of them going to get slapped with coats of spray paint anyway?

DD ris ii

Points to the cobbled together nature of the gun

That's hot

No, unproven. Still a meme at this time.

that vfg is suggestive

I am presently no-rifles, looking to rectify that. Is a Colt AR15A4 a bad idea for a SHTF gun? the A2 fixed stock length of pull is perfect for me and I understand that theres more accurate/lighter options available but Im the opposite of technical and don't want to invest a comparable amount into building something that will be potentially less reliable than a standard $1k colt. The completed build would have a sling and an ACOG to keep weight down as much as is possible and 4x scope is ideal for Appalachia in my experience hunting whitetails.

If this idea is fucking retarded let me know.

Attached: perfection.jpg (843x228, 21K)

Don't get a colt, get a Daniel defense if you want to spend money on a rifle.

what lower is that?

Radian ambi lower

For 1k you can get a much better gun.

If all you want is a rifle to put an ACOG on, you can find factory ARs for so much cheaper.

Outdated af design. If you must a Colt, get a 6920. You could pull the stock all the way out if you want and be at retardo A2 length of pull, and collapse when convenient.

Colts are overpriced bad options in all honesty

the DD 18 inch rifles are WAY over 1k, Im happy spending a thousand for a rifle, not double that.

what is a better in the 18-20 inch range in that price range? I want a factory rifle that will be as reliable as possible with regular maintenance with a longer barrel.

I have no interest in a carbine or a collapsable stock.

Buy a PSA clone.
Or get a Aero Precision. Or BCM. So many choices, son. The only limits are the size of your wallet.

good morning fellas

Attached: new rifle.jpg (838x617, 110K)

Is it lame to buy a complete upper to go with my lower? I don't have the tools and I don't wanna fuck up the gas system which looks more complex than just tightening some bolts/adding springs and pins. etc.

not at all

You can buy complete uppers pretty cheap. It depends on you, if you dont have a vice/a few other misc tools and dont feel comfortable shooting something you built yourself then dont do it.

Attached: Notsideways.jpg (1078x636, 421K)

>I have no interest in a carbine or a collapsable stock
Because you're an idiot
Have fun never having an option but longass retard stock

Good taste

I have a work bench and a couple punches. No vise on my workbench. I recently bought a stripped lower and feel a bit overwhelmed. Thanks for the input.

Maybe just watch a few videos on assembly of an ar-15, if you still don't feel comfortable after watching a couple then just buy a complete upper. Some people think building it is half the fun, but you got to do you.

Attached: 1557002723239m.jpg (1024x718, 94K)

That's going to be loud as fuck for a HD gun, either suppress it or maybe consider something like a pistol caliber.

The only part that gives me pause is the gas system. I watched a video of a complete ar-15 build and the guy was using a drill press to mark the barrel and was talking about over gassing/under gassing. Makes me a bit nervous. Maybe that was just an overly complex video.

I did want to build the whole thing myself which is why I bought the M4E1 stripped lower at my LGS.

nice FA clone

Attached: 1508679834048.jpg (3024x4032, 2.98M)

I miss gecko honestly, he was a fag but having him around was comfy

Attached: nice michaelangelo clone.jpg (1612x907, 768K)

There's no reason to buy a Colt these days unless you just really like the pony. If you want an A4 style rifle without building it you could get a complete lower from PSA on the cheap (all milspec lowers are the same, you're not getting anything special from Colt) and one of the several A4 style uppers from BCM, Aero, etc, slap them together and have an equivalent (or better) rifle for less than you paid for the Colt, and all you have to do is press two pushpins.

Well I shoot in the fucking woods and have long ass arms so I guess I'm good. A2 stock has nearly identical length of pull as my 1187. Options are nice when you have time to adjust everything and you know what's coming, i.e. fuckin never. I'd rather stick to what I know I'm comfortable with.

there's not much to be nervous about when it comes to the AR gas system.

it's simply a matter of choosing the desired gas length (carbine, midlength, or rifle length) when choosing a barrel, and buying a corresponding length gas tube.

they all install the same way, and if you were to run into overgas/undergas situation, or just wanted to further customize how it cycles, it can be done in a few different ways with a lighter or heavier buffer mass, adjustable gas block, etc.

i wouldn't let it intimidate you.

>All milspec lowers are the same
Perfect that's the info I needed! Out of the manufacturers you mentioned who would you recommend for the upper?

There's nothing wrong with using an A2 stock since you're not wearing armor. Don't let the LARPers here get to you.

tombstonetactical.com/catalog/fnh/98561-1-scar-17s-rifle-7-62mm-16in-20rd-black-us-made/

Attached: 20180111_101022_HDR-1.jpg (3832x1305, 1.11M)

At first I was like

Attached: 1557026904265[1].jpg (880x660, 52K)

But then I was like

Attached: 1557027818430[1].jpg (560x560, 35K)

Buy a BUFFERONI Company Manufacturing complete upper and a Toolcraft mil spec bcg, you won't regret

So roughly 2 weeks ago went to my LGS and noticed the Springfield saint with free float handguard was roughly 150-200 cheaper than it should have been. Instead of saying something about the price I was a prick and bought it. I paid 750$ for it and the cheapest one I have seen even online is around 850$. Do I keep pic related and toss a scope on it or do I resell it?

Attached: ST916556GRYFFH-R.jpg (5584x2155, 1.7M)

Fuck off I just bought a truck

Tombstone takes credit cards though

Begone kikel

I personally went with the BCM 20" upper for my A4/C7A2 builds, but they sell the upper without handguards, a charging handle, or a bolt carrier group (you can add them when you go to buy it, but they are expensive), I did it because I had those parts laying around already. If getting those parts doesn't bother you, it's my personal favorite. People here will say the A2 barrel profile is shit, and it truly isn't the best thought out barrel profile, but it works well regardless unless you're a LARPer or mall ninja. If you want milspec, this is what the A4 has.

bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-M16-Government-20-Upper-Receiver-Group-p/bcm-urg-gov-20.htm

If you just want a simple, complete upper with all that included, Aero is a solid and relatively inexpensive option

aeroprecisionusa.com/ar15-556-20-complete-upper-fsb

Alternatively, you could go PSA, who use good quality barrels and a more "traditional" finish if shiny nitride isn't your thing, all you'd need to do is get slap your optic or a rear sight onto the upper.

palmettostatearmory.com/psa-20-chf-rifle-length-5-56-nato-1-7-a2-upper-with-bcg-charging-handle-30796.html

>WUGWUSS tier
>WUGWUSS-tier

Rent free.

>Oil pastels.
You mean crayons. Did you eat them after you smeared them on your rifle?

First AR build. Did some research and this is what I came up with. Please help I'm retarded.

Aero M4E1 Stripped Lower
Aero M4E1 Threaded Stripped Upper
Aero 15" M-Lok Handguard
18" Faxon .223 Wylde Gunner Barrel
Faxon TiN M16 Bolt Carrier Group
DPMS 223 Compensator
Radian Raptor
Superlative Arms 0.750" Adjustable Gas Block
Spike's Tactical Gas Tube
Geissele Lower Parts Kit
Geissele S3G
JP Enterprises JPSCS2-15
Strike Industries Receiver Extension
Strike Industries Castle Nut and End Plate

How are people supposed to memorize all this shit?

Compensators are pretty homosex to be honest. Nothing wrong with the rest of it.

Fuck off

seconded. If you are rolling around in a vehicle or something its nice to collapse it but thats about it.

>adjustable gas block
>rifle length gassed 18"

>$750 for a basic AR-15 with nitride barrel and off-brand FF handguard
I got one from PSA for $250 (upper, bcg, ch set) + $130 (lower) + $110 (set of sights). If we are comparing apples to apples, I'll add in another $50 for the Magpul furniture and $10 for a Pmag to make them totally comparable. That comes to around $550 for my rifle, $200 less than your supposedly "good deal."

>Please help I'm retarded
I see why I wouldn't need one now.

Tan eotech? Or an H1 to keep the cheap gun cheap

Attached: 8F52AD92-F5A7-42C5-A611-AD0A526DE22D.jpg (3024x4032, 2.19M)