Gun safes

I have several guns and need someway to store and protect them, can a good one be had for ~500?

Attached: IMG_4754.jpg (800x731, 183K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Stack-GCWB-10-5-DS-Gun-Security-Cabinet/dp/B00IMNOWE2/ref=pd_cp_60_3?pd_rd_w=coNlP&pf_rd_p=ef4dc990-a9ca-4945-ae0b-f8d549198ed6&pf_rd_r=8JH6K05MGSZX9N7EH4KS&pd_rd_r=a18cb566-6f2f-11e9-8254-d7002cb5b05b&pd_rd_wg=NE48o&pd_rd_i=B00IMNOWE2&psc=1&refRID=8JH6K05MGSZX9N7EH4KS
wayfair.com/furniture/pdp/stack-on-combination-security-gun-safe-son1298.html
chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/for/d/munster-jewelry-gun-safe-fire-rated/6856114169.html
youtube.com/watch?v=B8ViUdd-2LM
youtube.com/watch?v=S0_1asw3zGg&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bumping with no shame

How many guns? What type of guns? Decent fireproof rating? Are you planning on buying more safes incase your collection expands?

$500 will get you a safe that can’t hold up to a harbor freight crowbar.

I would just store it next to my mums jam jars.

Attached: 514.png (993x554, 880K)

better than nothing
slow em down
non-professional criminals
no true Scottsman
blah blah blah blah
all of this is obvious

Thats honestly not that far off rn :(

Four rifles and two pistols. no. Maybe?

That safe wouldn't be able to close.
Those yellow tubs would clash against the cases packing the shelves. You can clearly see there's not enough depth for it to swing shut.

>go to Cabela’s with $500
>looking for safe
>leave with another gun

amazon.com/Stack-GCWB-10-5-DS-Gun-Security-Cabinet/dp/B00IMNOWE2/ref=pd_cp_60_3?pd_rd_w=coNlP&pf_rd_p=ef4dc990-a9ca-4945-ae0b-f8d549198ed6&pf_rd_r=8JH6K05MGSZX9N7EH4KS&pd_rd_r=a18cb566-6f2f-11e9-8254-d7002cb5b05b&pd_rd_wg=NE48o&pd_rd_i=B00IMNOWE2&psc=1&refRID=8JH6K05MGSZX9N7EH4KS

Mind the shitty Amazon Link. This one seems to be alright and should hold up well enough. Pleanty of room for expanding your collection if need be and is around $350 under budget. Mind you this won't hold off decent burglars or people who'd break in with tools, so you get what you pay for in that regard. Should keep out kids and keep guests from peering around the collection.

LGS owner showed me a pic of a dude who lost a few dozen rifles in one of the California wildfires back in November. It looked like someone was starting to build their own iron throne with AR's and bolt actions, it was just a bunch of molten barrels fused on top of each other.
And then there are pics of sentry safes from the same fire that are fairly intact. I wouldn't depend on the fireproof ratings after what I saw.

A good safe is worth saving up for.

>implying anything in Cabelas is worth $500

I'd suggest getting a gun locker and consider down the line purchasing a better safe if you have stuff you determine is worth investing in (usually also insured). If it's a bunch of hunting rifles and stuff that holds little sentimental and financial value, then the locker should be fine, but save up for something with a bit more protection down the line if you do have things that you would like to keep from emergencies.

Budget a bit higher

wayfair.com/furniture/pdp/stack-on-combination-security-gun-safe-son1298.html

Attached: 1105181714a.jpg (2560x1280, 1.11M)

Christ, this isn't a trouble in terrorist town map

If you own your house, build one.
>build wood walls as frame (or repurpose a closet)
>hog panels + quickcrete to make reinforced concrete
>add concrete/metal cap
>install steel security door or pay more for a real safe door

At first glance maybe, but if you look close it seems the inner shelves are recessed enough for the door to close with the yellow trays there.

>build wood walls as frame (or repurpose a closet)
>hog panels + quickcrete to make reinforced concrete
>>pour concrete down the walls. Go slow, don't mix it soupy
>add concrete/metal cap

You can get a Liberty 12 gun for that.

You can also find Cannon and Winchesters for that price on sale.

The safe in OPs photo is so large and heavy you may need a team of people or special equipment to move it or install.
I’m sure that thing weighs 1500.
You might consider two smaller safes

defends his retard post

If someone wants your funs they can get them, a safe can slow them down, but at the end of the day it's simply a deterrent, honestly your best bet is to build a hidden safe/locker, behind a mirror, behind a dresser, they cant steal your funs if they cant find them. They're not going to be knocking paintings and mirrors off the wall looking for hidden things, most burglaries are drug addicts and niggers, neither are smart, they don't want to stick around long so they'll probably ransack jewelry cabinets, drawers, electronics, and anything obvious and quick

>better than nothing
Not necissarily.

If you don't have a safe you can hide your guns. If you get robbed the crook might find one or two but they probably won't find all of them.

Now consider the safe: it's big, it's obvious. Random people visiting your home (friends, FoFs, repair men, delivery people, your landlord, etc, might see it and become instantly curious: user has a SAFE! I wonder what's in THERE???? It attracts attention. Furthermore, you now put all your guns in one place. You probably stuck other valuables in there too: maybe you have an expensive watch. Some extra cash. A pricey camera. The wife's jewlery. Your important documents, etc. Now if you get robbed all that shit is in one, obvious, location. If you're going to do that, then you'd better make sure a crook can't get in there easily.

1500 lbs is a very very light "Safe". It's easily moved by rolling it on top of golf balls. A proper UL-rated safe of that size will weigh more than double that.

Thats what I was saying in the post above yours, then again why not both? Have a cheaper/lighter safe behind a mirror, maybe even build the wall so it's impossible to take the safe out without demoing the wall

That's a locker not a safe

I suggest you look for an ex-bank safe

I picked up mine for $400(dollarydoos). I think it weighs at least half a ton.
Make some shelving, cover it in carpet, and bam, a cheap, solid as a rock safe.

Also, assuming you're from the States, you'd probably have a lot more to choose from than I did.

Attached: 20190210_163847.jpg (1364x2500, 704K)

And here's post paint job

Attached: 20190428_180356.jpg (1631x2500, 610K)

I have the Liberty Centurion 12, made in USA. It's pretty good for the price I paid, $400. Not very big though. I'm not worried about professional theives, just children in the house and smash/grab opportunist theives and it serves the purpose. These Centurion safes get rebranded quite a bit and they seem to pop up in strange places for good prices. Got mine at Lowes and for a while they were rebranded as a Cabella safe.

display model at my local ace hardware. it was cheap.

Attached: Safe.jpg (2690x4781, 3.59M)

Nice score getting a Chubb for that cheap

If I remember correctly a lot of gun safes contain formaldehyde which is not very good for guns.

Is that a P14? If so you’re a cunt and you should sell it to me

build a false wall in a closet

Attached: wa.jpg (1543x1200, 1.05M)

Yeah man, some old dude in Melbourne selling a few of these things out of his massive safe collection. He had a warehouse stacked to the roof full of safes. Shit was crazy

Damn right. And it's my fave milsurp rifle, so get fugged

Attached: wa2.jpg (1600x1200, 1.16M)

Most of the "safes" sold in big box stores are little more than glorified lockers. They aren't even classified as safes, just residential storage containers. That doesnt mean it wont do the job - they will help protect your guns in a fire and deter most thieves. They wont stop a dedicated person with basic tools though.
One way you can get a better safe for same money or cheaper is to spend some time scouting craigslist for old safes. Old safes are heavy and hard to move. For this reason people and businesses sell them for next to nothing or even give them away for free when they move or are upgrading. You may have better luck in large cities than rural areas obviously so depending on your location prepare to travel a bit. Also bring a solid trailer, super heavy duty dollies, several crowbars, a couple of car jacks and some manpower. I was able to score a 2000lb 6ft tall double door fire/burglary safe that way.

Attached: wa3.jpg (900x1200, 547K)

I had an opportunity to get a matching Winchester for under five hundred a couple of years ago in good shootable nick and decided to wait a month like a faggot and I’ve regretted it ever since. What factory, how much did you get it for? I’m jelly mate.

Fuck. Quoted wrong post.

loud door and window alarms work well too, and i mean fog horn/air horn loud.

Man you fucked up, 500 is a steal.
Mine's an Eddystone. Got it at the Militaria Arms show in Melbourne a couple years ago for 600. And got an original un-issued bayonet from the guys at Claremont Firearms for like 130 or something.

You should seriously pick one up next time, they're such a nice gun to shoot.

Attached: IMG_4488.jpg (2500x718, 993K)

Try rolling a 1500 pound safe on golf balls down a ramp from the truck
Over stairs or a threshold

obviously you have never moved a safe that large
O

I kinda wanted one then, and I’ve dearly wanted one ever since - nice pickup, mate.

Sure, hiding stuff is a great idea. If you can conceal your safe all the better. It's all about layered security. Keep your mouth shut--don't brag about the expensive shit you own. Conceal your safe. Alarms.

I have one of these and they're a step up from a wooden box. Do not recommend.

I have. It's not hard with a block-and-tackle, or a come-a-long to ensure a safe descent. Secure one end of your rigging to the truck, the other to the safe, then let it down slowly. Even a simple rope with several wraps around a stout object will let you ease the load down, the same way a sailor or a rigger uses a capstan. That said, it's much easier if you rent a truck with a liftgate.

Methinks you're the one talking out their ass.

>a $500 safe is justasgood as a $5k safe

Attached: brainn.png (205x246, 5K)

the one I just bought was $7500 but I put a lot more money in mine than you are going to I think it is up to you in what you intend to put in it. for cheap stuff you can just get a security locker for about 500 that will work but make sure you bolt it to the ground

Attached: edc.jpg (4032x2268, 2.33M)

chevy

used to be I sold it and bought one of the new ram rebels cause the interiors are awesome

>put guns in safe
>cover it with stickers advertising its contents

what an absolute faggot statement

NEVER SAID "JUST AS GOOD"

I LITERALLY SAID "BETTER THAN NOTHING"
THE MEANING OF WHICH SHOULD BE OBVIOUS, WHICH I ALSO SAID

GOD I SWEAR YOU PEOPLE ARE FUCKIGN DUMB SOMETIMES

Attached: 1430850324992.png (900x851, 245K)

Good job user. Now I know exactly where your stuff is.
Now all I need to do is start looking for a house with wood paneling.

Lmao you've got me looking at safes on CL now, look at this puppy.

chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/for/d/munster-jewelry-gun-safe-fire-rated/6856114169.html

Which brings us back to my post

>>you may need a team of people or special equipment to move it or install.

They sell acogs....

lol, my dad has a safe almost exactly like that. got it back in the 80's when some bank downtown closed and they sold everything off. I think it was built at the turn of the century, even has fixed steel wheels, had a second small steel safe welded down inside of it.

>slow em down
youtube.com/watch?v=B8ViUdd-2LM
You're more likely to slow them down by hiding your guns throughout your house than to put your faith in an RSC safe.

You are right user.
That is why I have pic related on my safe
All the burglars will read it and pass.
I also have gun free zone signs at my school

Idiots

Attached: 4C5DD6A1-D2BD-4F45-8A61-2A1F776B6BFE.png (600x450, 27K)

I need one of these for the man cave
youtube.com/watch?v=S0_1asw3zGg&feature=youtu.be

This is similar to the meilink I picked up for free. Only the meilink is from 1950s and in better shape. That listing has been around for over a month, theres no way someone is gonna pay him 1k for it. If you are in the market for a safe, chances are you can talk him down to 300-500, or if you wait, find something similar for free.

A rope, come-a-long and golf balls are "special equipment to you?

I always forget zoomers don't own tools.

There's plenty in Cabelas worth $500. You can tell because it's priced at $850.

Buy a cheap shitty safe, put a hi-point in it, shit costume jewelry and assorted junk that a retarded human magpie would grab.
Beneath that piece of shit safe cut out a perfectly cut square of the flooring and hide your actual possessions in a stash space.

>safe is not bolted down
Disregarded.

Even if there are no stickers, even an idiot would instantly know a gun-safe on sight.

I mean a $3000 safe takes 5 minutes with an angle grinder. If you have a thief who knows what they're doing and they have time there's nothing that will keep them out. A safe stops smash and grabs not organized experienced thieves.