Is this game still worth playing Jow Forums?

Is this game still worth playing Jow Forums?

Attached: capsule_616x353 (1).jpg (616x353, 219K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1ACWCuMj5Bs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes.

Playerbase is low by now, most servers still up are running the free dlc Rising Storm which is japs vs usa. If you like eastern front more you may be dissapointed in server count and populations.
Eastern front also fucking sucks because some maps have tanks and tanks are ungodly awful for infantrymen who are sniped from across the map by coaxel machineguns. Antitank rifles are fun to turn people into red mists though.

It hasn't aged that well.

Not enough people play it. Ive just been on rising storm 2 but I do miss r02. I can't play as the good guys in rs2

Nigger I still play Chrono Trigger and ExciteBike

>single player games

Okay?

>multiplayer games
fag

is it available on PS4?

>came into a thread about a multiplayer game to blog post brag that he plays old sp games

K

I miss Forgotten Hope for bf1942

I found the machine gunners who abused terrain to be a lot more annoying. Because all you'd see were their helmets. Before anyone gets me wrong, just imagine a helmet if it had eyes.

Holy fuck. I thought that whole mod was a dream..

youtube.com/watch?v=1ACWCuMj5Bs

Play project reality instead

If this thread isn't dead yet I just woke up enough to participate. I pre-ordered RO1 in 2006 and bought RO2 a few months after it came out..

RO2 was neat visually. Some nice elements out in too, you could take cover behind walls, player movement looked nice but it really lacked compared to Ostfront IMO. Tad bit buggy, the AI were almost as dumb as true Communists or insanely over powered. They devs had a single player mode but took it off of steam due to complaints if I remember correctly...

Ostfront had tons of vehicles you could pick, and if played right the fight could go pretty realistically, again if played right. Artillery support was cool, annoying but cool. The maps were huge too, Black July took me 10 mins to drive to in a Tiger at full speed.
And the mods, Darkest Hour for me takes the cake. Mare Nostrum looked promising but it probably died in 2007.

RO2 was more a playable movie than actual account of combat in WW2. Servers aren't as dead as I thought they'd be but still..

If you want a good WW2 shooter look into Post Scriptum, it's like Squad, which is like Project Reality except WW2.
ARMA 3 modded to fuck is also good.

I just found a WW2 unit in ARMA I'm going to join cos fuck it.

darkest hour is better

Attached: 1554777682332.jpg (640x640, 51K)

Play Rising Storm Vietnam instrad.

I bought this on steam years ago and have never been able to make it work on any of the computers I have had over the years.

A lot of us thought RO2 was bad and never left Ostfront. There are still Ost servers running on the weekends, sometimes fully populated, Euro time zone though.

DH was awesome until the main developer Theel turned it from a fast action, realistic tactical combat game into a weird questing and base building game. If you thought Black Day July was huge as a tank map...well Theel turned it into an infantry map. Entire games now pass in DH in which you may almost never even encounter the enemy let alone shoot at them. Some have compared the new version to a cross country running simulator.

Mare Nostrum was cool but came about around the time the game's population was dwindling and was entirely dead by about 2011.

The only vibrant and surviving game from the series is the Rising Storm Vietnam variant which has dozens of loaded servers. It's really hard though, very steep learning curve.

Post Scriptum looked really cool in videos. Supposedly though AFVs are destructible based on a hit point system. Ostfront by contrast was very realistic in that shell velocity, type, impact angle, armor thickness and even ammunition/fuel storage locations in the target vehicle influenced the outcome.

Weirdest TK I've ever had in video game was in RO: I fired a 75mm AP round at a JS-2 tank from about a quarter mile away. It bounced off his turret horizontally and decapitated a friendly infantryman who was hiding in some nearby bushes, lol.

Attached: meanwhile in RO.png (1022x769, 1.12M)

I loved it but it's dead. I've moved on to Post Scriptum.

Post scriptum is fucking trash, devs released a early access games as finished. It runs like hot garbage and they butchered the release so badly it’s basically dead already.

Yeah man come to the Divided EU server

Give Hell Let Loose a try in the next beta test. Wasn't much a fan of Post Scriptum, disappointing launch