I was looking for any information on this mosin I just purchased. I picked it up for $300. The bore looks great...

I was looking for any information on this mosin I just purchased. I picked it up for $300. The bore looks great, the action works like a charm. How'd I do Jow Forums?

Attached: 20190504_210108.jpg (4032x3024, 3.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cRpGtpKXYQU
youtu.be/AnMjxbbq2Aw
youtu.be/P8TXJq3GSog
youtu.be/nQokcErHwFk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>buying an obsolete rifle

Attached: 360f66845faec8adaab052bf61923a67.jpg (680x339, 35K)

Here is another number that is scratched onto the buttplate.

Attached: 20190504_210124.jpg (4032x3024, 3.24M)

>muh every rifle bought has to be a tacticool gucci AR.

1941-made Izhmash. Quite common.

Par for the course for mosins now. Did it come with all the accessories/equipment

Its a forcematched stock, very prevalent in Mosins. Done during rearming the weapon during services.

If by accesory equipment, you mean the sling, and bayonet then yes. I appreciate the insight. I got to take it ro the range yesterday. So much fun.

Protip: that's electripencil. Check the bolt and floorplate for electripencil as well - I suspect you'll find it.

You have the most plain jane basic bitch mosin around, enjoy

Also just got to 7.62x54r.net and read up

You fell for a retarded meme that was circulated here to get people to buy up tons of surplus stock nobody wanted. This in turn pushed up the price and people who are still sitting on tons of stock are happily rubbing their hands. Enjoy trying to hit anything with your shitty $300 blat blat outdated pile of crap.

Have fun, user.

I feel like in the era of $300 Mosins and $300 AR15s, it's hard to justify going for the surp, but if you like it that's what matters. Mosins aren't bad at all and are a lot of fun to shoot. Take care of it and pass it down to your kids.

I imagine it would be, I know I had a blast shooting my mosin for the first time. Did you get the pouches and lube cans too?
Its called the garbage rod for a reason user. Also a good milsurp to start of with, better than dropping 700 on an endfieldo

>Its called the garbage rod for a reason user.
Yes, because a guy who used daddies money to pretend he was cool didn't like them and made a video about it. Then he stopped liking guns all together and goes to play with daddies cars now.

Is that what happened to Alex?

As far as one can tell. He may have moved in to so other interest his dad decided to fiance for him by now though.

>used daddies money to pretend he was cool
what a fag

Attached: 392794B7-0484-4BFB-AC9F-AB04F53F79A3.png (368x701, 461K)

Should've just ponied up few extra hundreds for a Finnish M39 or Swiss K31 or an M44. Enfield are a big meme.

>obsolete
Bolt actions are still used to this day user. Mosin was just a really cheap way to get into shooting guns like 10+ years ago.

>Bolt actions are still used to this day
Yeah, by third world countries. The only non-obsolete bolt guns are snipers, and a garbage rod doesnt compare in the least bit. Stop being poor and buy a useful gun, faggot.

>Bolt actions are still used to this day user.
That's not what obsolete means though.

>laminate stock
Actually not a terrible deal. Nuggies with laminated stocks are listed all day long for $350. I imagine they sell for $300 at the end of the day. Shame yours is force matched though not that matching numbers are a big deal on a fucking mosin.

Just because they're used doesnt mean they're viable. People still buy C39s /shrug/

Yes, I know. Bolt actions are obsolete. I've never said otherwise. Doesn't mean they aren't fun though, or interesting, or historically important.

Agreed on all points, but you can still find VZ24s for 300, no point in sinking 3 bills into a crapstick

They perform exactly the same though. All milsurp is roughly equal, so buy what you like.

>paying 300 for a fucking nugget

You played yourself OP. I bought a hex reciever for 125 with ammo and all the fixins when I was 18. Even then i thought it was steep. Nagants were only worth it back when they were cheap. Now you can easily find brand new yugo mausers it used czech mauser for the same price or less. Buying a mosin now is fucking dumb my dude. You fell for the meme. Regardy hab fun shooting it and take care of it.

Attached: Screenshot_20190322-121426_GunBroker.jpg (1080x1920, 346K)

>implying those prices dont exist anymore
You have to hunt for them at an autistic level. 2 months ago i managed to snag an M44 for $150. It happens.

>if its not an AR or Glock dont buy it

Good for you old rifles are always a blast
The most basic is actually '43 izzy

>they perform exactly the same

Lmao

True hurts friend. But don't just take my word and 14 years of shooting surp experience for it, look for yourself.
youtu.be/cRpGtpKXYQU
youtu.be/AnMjxbbq2Aw
youtu.be/P8TXJq3GSog
youtu.be/nQokcErHwFk

That k31 was pure sex tho

The mosin is mechanically inferior. There are no good match loadings for 54r. The mauser has better sights and a modern safety.

Why do you think the Mauser action is the basis for most modern bolt guns?

Truth is that the mosin is a 19th century design that only made it so long because the gov't issuing them didnt care about the lives of their conscripts.

slightly unrelated but another mosin question
I have a mosin that my dad gave me with a gay scope on it. I want to put the old sights back on it but I can't find documentation on it

>There are no good match loadings for 54r.
There are several. Both PPU and Lapua make them, and Norma did at one time (they still might, haven't looked).
>The mauser has better sights
Wrong.
>Why do you think the Mauser action is the basis for most modern bolt guns?
It isn't, that's fuddlore. Unless you want to claim that all cock on open bolts with front locking lugs are based on the Mauser, which is just retarded. But even if it were the case (and again, it isn't.) It'd be because of Mausers licensing and business practices as a private company and not a relatively insular state arsenal.

I bought mine for $178 in 2014 and people on Jow Forums talked shit up and down at me about how I shouldn’t have bloated a dollar over $80. It’s no longer a rifle to buy user, I hope you like it now that you have it, but you’re 15 years too late

I'm not a poor fag though?

>wrong

Sorry you have a shitty taste in sights? Guess it doesnt matter if you can't hit anything anyways.

Honestly though man, if you like it that's all that really matters, even if the mosin is sub par. Just please don't consider it a defensive firearm, Jow Forumsommando.

Attached: Screenshot_20190505-024958_iFunny.jpg (1080x680, 322K)

Well, except maybe as spear or stake. If you had a crate of them you could have a one time use barrage then defensive stakes afterwards

Attached: 424E86A6-F117-4AA2-8774-CACB9BB7F15D.jpg (600x292, 65K)

>maybe as a spear

Kek

300 is the average, good the symbol and youll know more about the rifle.

Nice! A boomer that didn’t know what things were going for I presume?

That's how I get mine. Got a mint FR-8 for like 300 last year from some old dude.

>41385562(you)
Ok chief.

The nugget meme is long dead at least here, on Jow Forums

Wasnt me, but I figured the ground stakes would be funnier

>laminated stock

it's sexy and slightly uncommon

which is funny because mosin sights are god tier compared to say a 1903 springgy

1903 sights are fine for 100yds shooting, the elevation mechanism is pretty ehh, but I do alright hitting within the target at 250 with them.