Pretty bold statement from a company that manufactures what they consider to be “advanced and innovative” Kevlar...

Pretty bold statement from a company that manufactures what they consider to be “advanced and innovative” Kevlar headwear.

Attached: D45FE80C-273A-4A92-BA29-067AFFB35FB1.jpg (1241x1866, 415K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y2hsGZSVG4E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bonus comment from an airfag.

Attached: 6CC619C9-5AE2-44FF-B14E-FC4EDE282DDE.jpg (1242x1202, 307K)

Where is the causal relationship between winning two world wars and being a reliable gun?

>muh 2 world wars
That must mean that the Glisenti M1910 is also the best pistol out there. It also won two world wars! Well, 1.5 but who's counting.

>The Model 1910 fires from a locked breech. When fired, the barrel and bolt recoil together. The barrel will stop in a rearward position. The bolt, unlocking itself, will then continue forward, stripping the chamber and driving the barrel forward again. After this action, a wedge will rise from the frame and lock the entire frame back into position. This firing system was not strong and had to fire cartridges weaker than the comparable 9×19 Parabellum caliber. The screw at the front of the frame, when undone will allow the removal of a plate on the left side of the pistol granting access to the moving parts within the pistol. This design was not stiff enough to sufficiently support the left side of the barrel extension and after prolonged firing, the left plate was prone to loosening. The only safety on the pistol was a small lever set in front of the grip.

Attached: glisenti_1910.jpg (3753x2625, 2.4M)

I get fanboying over an older design, and appreciating weapons from a different time. But fuck man, are people’s egos that big that they don’t realize that they weren’t reliable in their original design. It’s only because if modern tooling and engineering that these things are even worth manufacturing.

>old design
>inferior ammo
>super finicky
>2 WURLD WURZ

And if you want a gun that actually works correctly.
Buy a Berreta 92.
>inb4 My cheap Military one sucks!
Clean it and put in new springs.
Just like every other pistol ever made.

Every vet I've talked to who used both the M1911 and M9 have said that the Beretta 92FS was leaps and bounds better than the 1911in every conceivable way. I'm willing to admit that could be because they caught them at the end of their lifespan and got brand new M9s but I've heard the same basic thing time and time again. And even the 92 series pistols are outdated now and surpassed by modern handguns.

>gun company posting literal boomer tier memes
I’m sure they provide a quality product at a competitive price.
Not only is this objectively wrong but you’d need to be a special kind of retarded to buy a $1000 1911. I like the 92, don’t know why some shit on it so much. It may not be anything special but it is a pretty good pistol nonetheless, especially with the prices they are at nowadays.

They shit on it because they buy a military surplus gun for cheap and never fix it up.
Or were in the military and got the crappiest thing that never gets fixed or cleaned.

After getting my m9 fixed, it shot perfect.
Same with my 92s, 92fs and the compact.
They all shoot perfect.
The m9 and 92s only needed new springs and a good cleaning.

That is funny, I don't remember the 1911 being manufactured in the UK or USSR.

>5 years of active combat
Pretty low standard honestly. It's more impressive that most of them worked through Vietnam.

also the nagant 1895 won two world wars.

Attached: Nagant-thumbnail-512x512.png (502x512, 184K)

>thinking that pistols play literally any significant role in warfare
wew lad

Russia lost WWI harder than almost everyone else.

Fucking boomers

Attached: 1554381977876.jpg (719x536, 56K)

No shit, imagine just being invaded and conquered by communists while you're fighting a world war. Shit sucks.

>weren’t reliable
youtube.com/watch?v=y2hsGZSVG4E

I love 1911s. They feel great, they're fun to shoot, and they look sexy as hell. They have great historical significance and are one of the best firearms designs of all time, having heavily influenced handgun design for over 100 years.
That said, 1911 elitists are fucking retarded. Glock handguns, while newer, have had an influence on handgun design at least equal to the 1911. They're easily customizable without needing gunsmithing skills, are plenty reliable, and retard-simple to operate, even if you're panicked, disoriented, or otherwise compromised.
Literally nothing is stopping you from buying both. I can assure you that they won't get into a fight in the safe and hurt each other or anything.

>this actually triggers people

>Glock: Perfection

>Glock owners change out literally every part on it

You actually have that backwards homie. Its the variation between manufacturers that complicates things.

With the exception of the HSLD special order guns, the US mil hasn't bought new 1911s since ww2, so yeah they were clapped out. A wartime 1911 from the rod isn't going to be as nice a shooter as newer design or even a newer entry level 1911

God, I fucking hate boomer fudds.

Attached: 1911.jpg (914x960, 83K)