Ar15. Where to start

Looking at getting an ar, but I have no idea where to start. I work on ar's in the navy so I'm not against piecing one together myself. I just dont know reputable brands or what's really legal in CA. I just saw someone buy a short barrel ar here that apparently is legal because of its non detachable magazine. They were selling them for around 700. What is gud?

Attached: 4997_3.jpg (912x284, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vI5NPiicXjE
brownells.com/firearms/rifles/semi-auto/oem-mid-length-16-rifle-prod81838.aspx?avs|Manufacturer_1=AERO+PRECISION
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Gonna hijack this thread for a stupid question of my own. If I shot an AR-15 inside a house without ear protection during a home defense shoot out, will I go deaf?

It would be extremely painful.

For you

Nope, fire away dude, ARs are used for home defense all the time

Lol total hijack.

Should I just get the S and W?

That’s what I got for my first AR. Haven’t looked at prices in a long time but it’s perfectly fine as a starter. I personally don’t like that stock

I dunno, but I'm planning to get a S&W Sport as my first AR, S&W rocks man

Build one. You can have a better rifle for much less.

suppressor or electronic ear pro next to your rifle
I prefer the former

Attached: range 2.jpg (2048x1152, 177K)

You have 3 options

1.) buy a featureless AR like pic related so you can use detachable mags. Pretty easy and simply since it’s ready to go at the store (fuck fixed mags)

2.) buy a stripped lower for $50 and then buy a parts kit online. PSA has some great kits for $300

3.) this is the more spooky option but the best one imo. Buy an 80% lower, mill it out, then have a custom serial number that follows DOJ regs but don’t register it. If anyone asks, you built your AR before 2018 so you don’t need yours to be registered. This is a good option in case the first signs of electric boogaloo begin and the CA DOJ start confiscating weapons like they did in New Orleans during Katrina. Only issue will be that once the new ammo laws kick in soon, you’ll need a registered rifle on file that’s chambered in 5.56/.223 to purchase 5.56/.223 so if you with option 3, be prepared to buy a cheap bolt gun in the same ammo as your AR. Or you could just drive to whatever border state is closest and buy ammo there

Attached: AA5A0E27-EBA7-47E2-AF52-8F19EA618673.jpg (750x824, 114K)

You say you want an AR, that's kewl. What will your intended purpose be? Just a general purpose rifle? Or do you have a specific application in mind? You need to state your purpose before you can pick what gun is best for it.

If you want to shoot varmints at long range you'd want a totally different setup than competing in 3-gun, for example. (Think about it like buying a "car"--big difference between a Prius and a Porsche)

I can't help you with CA regs, sorry.

Too many variables to say for sure, but it's not going to be pleasant.

Frankly, I'd recommend a Mini-14, because whatever you do to conform with state laws this year will be made a felony the next.

Deaf? Probably not. Permanent hearing damage and an EEEEEEEEE in both ears that may never go away? Yes. Get a set of electronic ear muffs to go with the rifle.

Careful, might trigger the mini haters

if you know how to put together an ar just get a kit off PSA

Nothing is good. The best AR15s were made in the 70s. Its too late for you user. Everything built today will fall apart. Literally.
Sorry. Perhaps you should buy a Century Arms AssultKill47. The 7.62 caliber is twice as deadly as the .223.
(Assassins know this)
If you have money to spend. Buy a I.O AK47. (Super high Quality)
Good luck bro!

colt 6920

dying < hearing loss

Just buy a Delton echo316 ... Cheap and halfway decent

Attached: 0927181843.jpg (2560x1280, 1.03M)

wat

Attached: 1515422272395.jpg (498x520, 33K)

Do a WWSD build.

youtube.com/watch?v=vI5NPiicXjE

I'm a CA resident as well looking to get an AR, but I don't know whether to get a fixed magazine AR or a featureless. I'm going to be moving out of commiefornia in a few years, so I want something I can easily convert to normal once I move. Is that even legal by the way?

>a Delton echo316 ... Cheap and halfway decent
Del-Ton rifles and kits are way underrated. For the most part, they're nothing Gucci or slick, but their upper assemblies are test fired and head spaced, and fit and finish are usually immaculate. I've assembled 4 rifles so far with their parts kits, and they all went together and shot and cycled like tits. If you get on their mailing list, they have frequent sales with pricing close to PSA, but the quality is a big step up.

Go featureless so you can uncuck it in 5 minutes with a screwdriver and a normal pistol grip. Then you can rock any mags you want

You probably won't immediately get noticeable permanent hearing damage, but obviously it will contribute to your long term risk of EEEE/deafness. Some people's ears are more sensitive though so there's a chance you will actually get fucked up right there.

get this and stop being a gay sailor

brownells.com/firearms/rifles/semi-auto/oem-mid-length-16-rifle-prod81838.aspx?avs|Manufacturer_1=AERO+PRECISION

Attached: D1zL2bEWwAAtiCQ.jpg (1024x512, 45K)

>Frankly, I'd recommend a Mini-14, because whatever you do to conform with state laws this year will be made a felony the next.
The next thing will be banning semi-autos.

go hide under your bed faggot

Attached: 1484881819114.png (486x495, 425K)