What .223/5.56 ammo is good for shtf?

what .223/5.56 ammo is good for shtf?

Attached: 223Reload9.jpg (1072x1000, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ar15.com/ammo-oracle/terminal-performance/velocity.html?m=terminal
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

XM193

The cheap and expensive Ammo only for strikt CQB

Black Hills 77gr OTM, M193, M855

Whatever is on rollback at walmart.

>5.56 70gr Optimized
Loaded with a TSX and a hot charge of Ram TAC, fuck yea it is.
It’s good for anything

Attached: E8C72CB0-0CFD-4632-80DE-A0CDED3E2DAD.jpg (628x800, 286K)

m193 and a rifle sized gun

The right answer is "more". The more ammo, regardless of type of bullet, the better.

M995

All my AR optics are zeroed using Hornay Zombie ammo.

PROTIP: the bullets in them are actually extremely lethal.

Attached: 18035-DEFAULT-l.jpg (900x619, 105K)

It’s just a V-Max with a green tip instead of red

Whatever's cheapest according to Gunbot this week. Wolf Gold is so cheap right now you would literally only save six cents if you handloaded your own.

Isn't standart 55gr FMJ good enough ?

Literally anything your rifle will stabilize desu
You could argue one type over the other for certain scenarios, but anything stabilized coming from a 10.3 or greater barrel will kill someone a good ways away with good shot placement.

My barrel is a 1/7

What should I get? I've been told 55gr is too light.

20" with a 1:12 for max effect. 1:14 for the Bloody Mess perk.

>Black Hills 77gr OTM
Worst of breed. Even IMI outperforms it.

You were told wrong
1:7 will do most any common weight except super light (

Okay so it's "just a V-Max" so you wouldn't mind if I shot you a couple times with it right?

But seriously when I run out I'm probably going to switch to 70 grain Hornady TAP or 77 gr Black Hills OTM and zero using those.

Of course not, you thin skinned faggot
I was commenting on the marketing, not their performance

DRT 79gr would be better than a 77gr OTM.

You can easily load .223R for 14cpr, where are you finding 20cpr Wolf Golf?

>ou can easily load .223R for 14cpr
Pray tell me how. I totted up my own figures for boolits and powder and arrived at a figure of nineteen cents. That's using my own fireformed brass, mind.

I get right at 2 MOA using bulk 55gr m193 in my 1:7 twist 16" barreled AR. It shoots it just fine.

>Buying anything from Israel

Attached: +_8be1857cb9e05dd0d42f007ae83fae6b.jpg (1000x698, 82K)

None of it, switch your stupid varmint round for some 7.62 real fucking NATO you queer

>varmint round
Modern bonded bullets are a thing, ya know.

Attached: 223 75 grain TAP on big hog.jpg (337x525, 72K)

But user, they are our greatest ally.
They are even selling us the new m17 which is totally the best pistol out there and not selected because they jewed their way there

After buying a reloading kit, I'd have to reload 20k rounds to break even on my 223-5.56 stash ...bought in bulk on sale. I'd rather spend my time plinking.

Attached: 1019182152.jpg (2560x1280, 436K)

But user, Israel is the most /k country there is!
They kill muzzies and totally don't work towards subverting us in any way!
Yeah, you can keep your Tavor and your IMI garbage.

fixed

Attached: namefag.jpg (336x524, 166K)

Reloading is best left to loading small batches of ammo tuned for accuracy. Like the few people that have the land / range facilities that allow them to shoot precision.

This, they take your gun and keep it for Israel :3

Same here. The only reason I see to reload .223 is for specialty rounds. And the only two specialty rounds worth my while are Hornady VMAX (for urban defense, because I sure to God don't want to shoot up my own neighborhood) and Nosler Accubonds (for durr and hog hunting. Though I still chicken out and take my 25-06 every time hunting season rolls around).

the kind you have a stockpile of

>You can easily load .223R for 14cpr
How? I'm still waiting.

I reload all my hunting ammo. 150gr 308 ball can be had for cheap, sure, but even the cheap soft point / hollow point 308 ammo made for hunting is around 75 cents per round, and that's for the bottom of the barrel stuff. I can reload some excellent hunting ammo using Sierra game king or Hornady SST bullets for less than that.

this. Why have a few expensive 'specialty' bullets when you can have a shitton of cheap or surplus ammo?

M193 can be found for 24 CPR, and if you want to go even cheaper, you can buy Wolf or Red Army Standard steel cased .223 for as cheap as 17 CPR.

Just keep watching ammoseek or r/gundeals and you may find ammo even cheaper than that. A few months ago I picked up to spam cans of Monarch (repackaged Red Army Standard) .223 for around 16 CPR

Do you carry range ammo in your carry handgun?
Then why would you use range ammo for a defensive rifle?
You don't need 2k rounds for defense/emergencies. It's good to stockpile, but you're not going to need more than 1k max.

77gr TMK if you can buy enough of it. If you think it’ll be a bug in type of thing, some ball Ammo to trade to normies wouldn’t be bad either.

Attached: 21589F75-757A-47B0-9CBF-4AEA3BD5A234.jpg (4032x3024, 2.98M)

How much .308 are you going through in a season that it's worth your time?

>Then why would you use range ammo for a defensive rifle?
Because unlike cheap pistol ammo cheap rifle ammo still kills shit dead. The only reason to go for gucci 5.56 is if you either need to: shoot suppressed, penetrate armor, not penetrate drywall (too much).

>Do you carry range ammo in your carry handgun?
Yes. Cheap Magtech brass cased 9mm I got for 14.7 CPR
>You don't need 2k rounds for defense/emergencies
>you're not going to need more than 1k max
Probably not, but I like to have it on hand anyways.

I want gucci 5.56 b/c FMJ out of a 10.3 doesn't perform. Also M193 and M855 are like what 2 moa capable? I know wolf is consistently 3 moa. I want something that's at least 1 moa capable and still a terminal performer.
You know you're a /k autist when you use Brazilian FMJ as your carry ammo

>FMJ out of a 10.3 doesn't perform
Inside of 300m it does.
>I want something that's at least 1 moa capable
Are you planning on making 200m+ hostage situation type headshots in SHTF?

Attached: ok.jpg (600x600, 32K)

>Inside 300m
Very wrong. M193 / M855 are barely within fragmentation velocity at the muzzle out of a 10.3". ar15.com/ammo-oracle/terminal-performance/velocity.html?m=terminal
>hostage shots
Assuming I'm using ammo with a 3" spread at 100m (Wolf), then at 200m my deviation from POI can be 6". That's ridiculously inconsistent. Targets in the real world aren't stationary IPSCs.

I shoot between 100-200 rounds of 308 per year. I use the same ammo for hunting and target shooting because I'm basically producing stuff that's on par with gold medal match as far as accuracy goes for the price of cheap plinking ammo. I had all the other reloading equipment already so when I got my 308 rifle all I needed was a set of dies.

>all these choices, and you chose not to use M855A1

It's good if you've got it. Otherwise go with TSX.

>You know you're a /k autist
I'll take that as a compliment, I have only been here for a month

>unironically using zombie-themed ammo (or anything) that costs more because they painted it green and can market it to idiots.

I'm on 9 acres with access to over 400. We have a spot to shoot 1 mile if needed. I still see no benefit.

Attached: 1215171806a~4.jpg (1428x3496, 819K)

It's not a good thing.
You can't buy loaded M855A1

I'm pretty good out to 600 yd with this and factory ammo

Attached: 0927181912.jpg (2560x1280, 812K)

How about which is better
M193
Or
M855
(Out of a 16"barrel)

Attached: download (1).jpg (200x150, 6K)

M855 is shit ammo just about all around and its whole reason for existing is fucking retarded. It has worse ballistics than M193 and worse accuracy than M193. There is really no point to use it.

I don't. I buy Magtech 556C which is the most consistent of them all, oddly.

Whatever you can get. Most people don’t react well to bullets. You aren’t fighting elite spec ops or Mujahideen that have been eating rocks and fucking goats since age 2. You are fighting a majority of city dwelling Americans who don’t know what hiking boots look like and think meat is murder. Pretty much everyone else will want to just get along with you.

No, the zombie Ammo was cheaper because no one wanted it because it looked retarded.

lmao epic zombie outbreak dicklet manchild detected
learn to read

Attached: soy.jpg (729x733, 57K)

>Very wrong. M193 / M855 are barely within fragmentation velocity at the muzzle out of a 10.3". ar15.com/ammo-oracle/terminal-performance/velocity.html?m=terminal

Fair enough. So what you're saying is you bought a shit gun so that you could LARP.>Assuming I'm using ammo with a 3" spread at 100m (Wolf), then at 200m my deviation from POI can be 6".

The point is that such a shot is not likely to happen in real life you absolute moron.

>You can't buy loaded M855A1

Yes you can.

>because unlike cheap pistol ammo cheap rifle ammo still kills shit dead
What? The difference between .45 fmj and a .45 hollow point for example is making a half inch ice pick wound with the fmj vs a 1 inch ice pick wound with the hollow point. On the other hand, when comparing some shitty 223 ball ammo vs 77gr TMK you're potentially (distance dependent) talking about the difference between making a .223 icepick wound with the ball vs making a massive 4x8 inch permanent wound cavity with the tmk. The difference in terminal effect between the shittiest pistol fmj and the most Gucci hollow point is relatively small. The difference between shitty rifle ammo and TMK or gold dots etc is massive.

Lol dudes are selling it for like 2$ a round loaded by who the fuck knows. You are 1000x better buying BH TMK

Attached: DB303099-27B6-484E-BF90-722A06F90276.jpg (4032x3024, 2.5M)

I reload 458 socom for 25-30c each, I beg to differ.

Anything thats not fmj. Soft points ftw.

i like your style

Attached: 1476856859146.jpg (666x660, 105K)

>You don't need
>you're not going to need

Attached: hqdefault (2).jpg (480x360, 11K)

Wat. The Hornady zmax us really good ammo. Get it for clearance.

The .30 cal kind.

>unironically using/stockpiling m855
yikes

Attached: 1543648970771.jpg (1263x1920, 701K)

green tips > blue lives

>M855/m193 bad choices

Different user here. I stick with m193. Shortest pistol I have is 11.5", so I'm gtg.

Considering adding a few 12.5" 6.5 grendel uppers to my stocks. You can get russian steel case 100grn fmj 6.5grendel for

If you dont factor in cost of brass you totally can (get brass for free from ground) that being said if you do have to buy brass it bumps cost up 4 or 5 cpr - get pulled bullets (as long as theyre not visibly deformed they generally amazing/have had no issues in 2k+ loaded) buy powder and primers in bulk - you can get to 14cpr fairly easily with quality loads - again if you dont factor in cost of brass which most dont