Is Colt a scam? $1000 dollars for an AR?

Is Colt a scam? $1000 dollars for an AR?

Attached: d4gojds-1a5a8ee2-8128-462c-8011-8fa7b3d74f08.jpg (1000x343, 126K)

Yeah.

No but LMT is

Yeah pretty much, you can typically get better quality at a cheaper price from other companies. BCM comes to mind. Though what do I know I just build retro shit.

if you don't mind le evil ruby ridge man, troy has a free-floated 16" all metal AR you can find for around 600 bucks.

Colt has a history of shooting themselves in the foot with their marketing. Is it a scam? No, their ARs are good, but other companies are selling quality ARs up to Colt's quality for less.

Yes, but I pay it gladly for my autism.

Attached: muh rollmarks.jpg (1280x720, 462K)

>evil
you mean hero?

in the current year overprices ARs are a meme.

>hero
from a certain point of view

Yeah they are trash for $1000. Honestly kinda sad what Colt has become.

Attached: 308tz5.jpg (666x500, 102K)

That lower is fucking retarded. Just disgusting. Sell it to me, you don't need that faggotry in your life.

was bait

It's not so much as a scam as it is an overpriced item for people looking for a specific brand of AR-15. If you're looking for value, get a PSA.

Pretty much this. My whole build was under 400 bucks from PSA.

If it's not a Colt®, it's a copy!

No scam, but Colt has not bothered to drop prices, they'd rather release some ersatz piece of shit like the Expanse than lower the prices on their ARs. It's a race to the bottom with prices anyways, no fucking way you're going to compete with PSA for cheapness.

Lol. There are retards paying 1k+ for a fucking 1911, a jamomatic 7 round pos. You should be OK with paying 1k for a legit ar which is far more capable and quality. Are there better options than colt? Debatable. Are there cheaper options? Yes. But you know when you get a colt ar it is going to work and work for a long time. Just the pony stamp alone gives the rifle great resale value if you keep it stock.

>1911
>jamomatic

Attached: 1502414850914.jpg (720x480, 31K)

Asides from the Expanse which is obviously a cost cutting effort on part with M&P Sport I, what are the problems with the LE6920, other than 'Colt is charging more than PSA'?

I chose a bushmaster over Colt and the only draw back was the commercial buffer tube. Easy fix. Quality , fit , and finish are good. Price was fair. Colt is too much for what it's worth.

Bushmaster owned by Remington, or are you talking some old purchase?

There are a lot of places to get them significantly cheaper. Most of the online retailers that carry the OEM models sell them around $700

A PSA Premium build is like $600, an Aero for $750. $1000 for a Colt or BCM is the big dumb.

The new ones made from the Alabama plant are better quality than the ones from the NY plant. Haven't had any issues with parts or fit.

Not gonna lie. BCM and LMT are my next ones

Yes unless you want the roll mark. Anderson lowers are better then the Colt lowers .

idk about lmt but bcm is the literally the same shit as lower priced ARs.

Justasgood.jpg

>he doesn't know

No it really isn't

>Poorfag delusions

>Is colt bad?

Attached: eJwNyckNgzAQAMBeXICPPb1pBlmADBJghJ1XlN6T-c7HvZ_Dvdw2xt1fISx7n9uz-D7aU-rqa2v1WMu9dz-3M5Qxyryd6zV6ANKc (305x309, 121K)

Yeah it really is

Ethnic alabamians are excellent with the guns, AUG confirms.

Attached: 59022725_2022034891430838_3825457293860798464_n.png (596x960, 499K)

Colt is a welfare queen of a company that would not exist and remain competitive post 2004 without government contracts. They annoyed the shit out of the dudes who used to strip and resell Colts for parts online by stopping the practice of C stamping their parts, not sure if that resumed due to the screams, but that's hilarious.

I can almost smell the poverty through my computer screen. It smells like anderson lowers and PSA parts kits.

Lon Horiuchi was so hard up for sniper kills that he'd shoot women and children. Can take the Jap out of Japan but you can't take the IJA out of the Jap.

>the eternal just-as-good

I want to force-feed you dog turds.

>he cant stop coping
>thinks i own anything anderson or psa
>thinks it even matters if did

Attached: tumblr_le7kn4LWUy1qcshlp.gif (320x240, 88K)

CoLt Is ThE OnLy TrUe Ar15 ThAtS mIlsPeC

Attached: 26229726_1763754567258873_3536219508362940379_n.jpg (328x332, 15K)

since they jam, yeah, it is a fucking scam.

Attached: 1544462907992.png (743x1120, 62K)

paying $1000 dollars for an ar15 is retarded

>POGs don't maintain the shitty, worn out rifles they're issued
More news at 11

>evidence exists that some of them didn't even fire their rifles once
yeah the washington post can eat a dick

Isn't colt at fault for most of the shitty things about ARs, like non standard bolt carriers on early ones, non standard buffer tubes so you couldn't use normal stocks, carbine length gas on 16" barrels, non standard pin sizes until recently, high shelf lowers specifically to fuck over people with drop in auto sears, etc?

You're talking about decades and decades before the AR renaissance post 2004. They still do the high-shelf lower thing.

Colt love is more of a boomer thing than Onions boy thing: that's definitely dominated by nu-AR builders.

Guess combat reality doesn’t care for InRange’s mud test.

Nobody cares about inranges mud tests. The only reason they're ever mentioned at all is for b8ing purposes.

>Colt has not bothered to drop prices
You can find 6920s for like 800-900 these days.

They did the pin thing until 2009.

Geissele made large pin triggers, I'm sure a few others did as well.

but Anderson lowers ARE better

Lowers are lowers, my dude. It doesn't matter if they're $50 or $500. Uppers, barrels, triggers, and buffers notsomuch.

>Coping this hard

>his overpriced rifle has the same parts as a m&p 15
OH NO NO NO

Attached: NmQjBHSTSuegg4IGeTUpjUSJqYLFThclkkqT-4GhibZrAVGcGvH4IRy2i_jpHxrBes_QzxO7onOcxD9zAY3Qsg.jpg (474x423, 34K)

For $1,000 why not just make one your self out of an 80%? You can buy everything plus a drill press and a hand router for that much money.

What's the difference with a mp 15