Is the M.K 23 Socom a good pistol? I’m a big fan of Metal Gear. Does HK still make them?

Is the M.K 23 Socom a good pistol? I’m a big fan of Metal Gear. Does HK still make them?

Attached: 5610A057-5D18-4F38-ABA3-AAE7D46B4387.jpg (480x362, 30K)

>Is it good?
It's good for its time. It's very heavy, but it functions flawlessly. I like to think of it like a full size revolver with more ammo. You can still find them but it's nearly $2000 going rate.

>Is the M.K 23 Socom a good pistol?
It’s good in a way. It’s infamous and iconic
>I’m a big fan of Metal Gear.
Neat
>Does HK still make them?
No

>handgun with the same weight as an unloaded MP5
The USP series is the next evolution of the concept and an improvement on this gun in every way, and it looks almost exactly the same. Get a USP instead.

And Solid Snake still used it in MGS2

Yes, they are quite nice, but not for everyone. My friend has one, it's an awesome pistol but I don't like it much personally. They are fucking gigantic, way too big for my hands. I can shoot it, but I vastly prefer his USP and would never buy a 23 myself. He's like six four and has huge hands though so it's one of his favorites. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy shooting it, but I like something a bit smaller. I don't know if they still make them though, I'm sure that'll be easy to figure out.

>Is the M.K 23 Socom a good pistol?

Yes. It's outdated, but it's iconic, and one of a kind overbuilt piece of pure sex. It's got an amazing trigger, presence and is very accurate and durable. It's ergonomics and size have been improved upon with the USP in most ways

>I’m a big fan of Metal Gear. Does HK still make them?

Me too. Specifically MGS2. I don't know if they do. I was able to find a 2018 model. Haven't seen anyone come across a 2019.

Attached: IMG_5352s.jpg (2016x1072, 766K)

They're only for larping. And kinda boring cuz 45acp with the big gun is like a pussy cat. Shot supressed mk24 in vegas

Go big bore or go home

Attached: maxresdefault (13).jpg (1280x720, 85K)

>Get a USP instead.

If you like the USP then get a Mark 23. That's what I did. You will have an easier time getting a USP later than a Mark 23 now.

I don't think the size is a problem unless you are trying to carry it, and no one really is getting one for that. The size in the grip is only a little bigger than the USP 45. The extra slide length and trigger guard are positive IMO. The only real negative to the size is the slide weight, which hampers fast shooting compared to the USP 45 which while still a soft shooting 45 ACP, cycles much faster and comes down on target faster.

I guess what I am getting at is if you like the platform you have to have both.

Is no one going to mention the fact that the muzzle flip is insane due to its retardedly-designed bore axis?

It's a garbage gun. You're paying $2k for a hi-point made by euro-cucks.

I've never shot a mk23 but I had a usp 45 that was nothing special. I noticed in videos that the mk23 seems to have considerable muzzle flip despite being so large. Most 45s I have shot have very little muzzle flip. Maybe its just the camera angle.

Definitely not a camera angle. People who own the guns remark on the excessive muzzle flip.

The muzzle flip is due to the high bore axis and large slide. It's still very soft shooting, but you have to bring the sights back down.

It's not really muzzle flip you notice, it's the long time it takes for the slide to reciprocate. It still feels extremely soft to shoot. Softest 45 by far.

Highly doubt its softer than my dan wesson but ok.

Well now you're comparing apples to oranges. I've shot a Dan Wesson. It'll be the first nice 1911 I'll own. My Mark 23 is completely different. I'd have to shoot them back to back to determine the softness, but yeah, the Mark 23 is soft as fuck.

Accuracy & recoil is pretty good but it's big & heavy for a pistol. How big are your hands & how good are you with lifting heavier pistols?

I own both. The Dan Wesson is smoother action when you're finger-fucking the gun, racking the slide, etc. but the Mk23's recoil feels smoother, probably due to its much greater mass. Dan Wesson has the better trigger. I've found both to be flawlessly reliable, but then again I've only shot 'em at the range or taken them as a hunting sidearm, I've never done any kind of torture testing or abuse with either. I'm sure the Mk23 can take more punishment. Both are equally accurate for me.

Lol it's not a USP compact

Confirmed, USP .45 is for soiboys

Yes and yes to both questions

Good luck finding the LAM but the pistol itself is still in production

>Does HK still make them?
Yes!
I've been hearing "not made anymore" for 15 fucking years. They get made in limited batches every year.
Fudds will tell you they're out of production to get you to buy it at whatever price they name.
Don't listen to their bullshit, HK still makes them.

>infamous
For what?

It killed Revolver Ocelot.

pretty sure foxdie killed ocelot

HK still produces them you dumb nigger.

>It's good for its time
was it though?

its ridiculously overbuilt for .45 acp and overall nonsensical

nope. checked

MK23 owner here

It depends on what you mean by "good". It's very accurate, and I've put all sorts of ammo through it without a malfunction, so in that sense, yes, it is.

However, it's in no way PRACTICAL. The gun is fucking HUGE. And expensive.

it has a lot of muzzle flip, but when you put a can on it as intended it has very little