Carcano as a starter gun

WAfag here, I need to wait another year to get anything that's semi auto and I only want guns with some historical significance.
Nagants are getting too pricey these days and I saw a Carcano for 200$ at my lgs.

Attached: 131113175251-jfktheday04-exlarge-169.jpg (780x438, 122K)

Seems to be a good enough shooter.

Attached: 03A68857-445D-4F9F-9FC0-1366BBE140A1.jpg (1242x1232, 201K)

Fpbp

Don't forget to price in the clips.

No because you wont be able to easily get ammunition.

Lmao, that carcano will be more expensive after 50 rounds.

Well what’s a cheap rifle I can get in Washington that has some historical significance then?
Nagants are 400$ now

That ship sailed 10 years ago.

Absolutely fucking not. Milsurps are shit starter guns now that they're not cheap. Carcanos are still cheap(ish) because the clips are finicky, a lot of 6.5 ammo is undersized, 7.35 is pricey, the sights are bad and the bolts range from okay to terrible. Just buy a savage axis in .308 and have a good gun that'll encourage good fundamentals.

Attached: 20190103_153145.jpg (4032x1960, 3.9M)

Look for old sporterized rifles that can be restored (things like the charger bridge/clip guide intact, barrel uncut), etc. You get a nice rifle for a low price, then save a bit and restore it later.

I don't disagree with , but one option if you want a historically significant gun is a .22lr trainer. They were used by militaries to train the fundamentals, so you'll be well served by them. You can still find fairly cheap post-war versions. Ammo is cheap, and they tend to be in good condition.

Ģet the right size ammo tho. 6.5 in burgerland is different from 6.5 in spaghettiland

If you really want it, buy the carcano. Just understand it'll be expensive to shoot and not stand up to modern options in the same price range
Don't do this. Uncut stocks aren't cheap anymore, neither are all the other metal bits you need to buy. It is not financially viable to restore bubba guns, I've done it twice now.

>It is not financially viable to restore bubba guns

I'm not advising him to do it for financial purposes. This lets him get a historically relevant gun for cheap, and then spend more later to restore it if he chooses.

AR without a gas tube is a straight pull bolt action, my dude.
Skagit reporting in.

>AR
>No historical significance
Fuck off.

Don't listen to the richfags. $200 for a milsurp is a steal. And if you know how to budget your ammo stache, it's worth the extra cost in rounds.

Don't make the same mistake I did in 2010.

Honestly, it would be better just to save up and buy an unfucked one in the first place instead of spending 2x the amount in the long run Restoration parts are getting harder to find every day. Your advice is not good.

A1s, early M4s, and A2s have historical appeal. Every other modern AR is just as cliche as a hippie going to Starbucks.

>t. makes triple digits but can't budget money
inb4 muh hard work

The guns of Civil War II will earn their place in history.

>makes triple digits
Im sorry, what?

He wants something cheap now, so I gave him a cheap option. Plus, he will gain by learning to work on his rifles. If he buys something unfucked later he won't learn that, or worse, will be nervous about working on it for fear he'll damage a historically significant artifact.

Theres an 18-something Carcano at my LGS for $250

make your own AR pattern rifle, 1639 shouldn’t apply there iirc