Are there any specific martial arts that utilize heavy hammers/mallets?

Are there any specific martial arts that utilize heavy hammers/mallets?

Attached: il_340x270.1905010431_gc10.jpg (340x270, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LkapAizpXw4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_hammer
youtube.com/watch?v=VwIIDzrVVdc
youtu.be/vZWkDhh9Zsg?t=101
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How many do you have?

Attached: 4OMcB.gif (300x263, 20K)

I don't know for sure but my first thought would be the Scandinavians or Western Europeans should have had something. They used war hammers right?

Thanks man, that was the first thing that made me laugh all day.

Fuck those assholes

Lash two together and make nun chucks.

Attached: o018-018.jpg (633x399, 107K)

youtube.com/watch?v=LkapAizpXw4

War hammers typically resembled more of what we would today call a claw hammer than a mallet.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_hammer

Probably not unless you were pic related.

Attached: 290px-Mårten_Eskil_Winge_-_Tor's_Fight_with_the_Giants_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg (290x419, 36K)

Attached: a7270907.jpg (1006x1024, 85K)

Just hit them with it.
Not everything needs to have a "martial art" to them.
Most tools used as weapons were just used by people used to handling them all day and a bit of common sense.

I can do you one better

Attached: 5385B5F7-7E5A-4845-ABEC-B7D7292EDDA7.jpg (750x538, 58K)

That's just dumb. There is always a more competent way to utilize a weapon. I've seen martial arts definitions on how to use a rag or a fork or chopsticks as weapons. I'm sure something exists for mallet style hammers, it just won't be lengthy because of the limited options of using this type of short blunt weapon. OP might be better off looking into how to use a club or a mace, it might be similar.

Watch the Raid 2 and learn indonesian martial arts

>There is always a more competent way to utilize a weapon.
Yes, and what i am saying is that it most likely was not noted down as a "martial art" because people that did it saw it as common fucking sense at the time.

Beingacocksuckingfaggot-chi

Dude just hit people with the hammer. Fuck, this isn't rocket surgery.

>Rocket surgery

Sloppy bait. I remember when trolling was an art.

These definitions are there to turn something that isn’t a weapon into a weapon. Doesn’t really work when what you’re using is already a weapon.

Just use axe techniques.

good answer. Who teaches ax? Other than combat hopak (and good fucking luck finding that in the states)

Not to my knowledge, but really, the most you need to know is how to hold them for control or power and how to slide that grip between those points.
Now for a two handed larger piece, there are, but not reallt for sledges/mallets, but rather warhammers. If you wanna use a mallet as a warhammer better make sure you're Sigmars heir first.

Never really got why people have been so enamored with "styles" and "martial arts"

Like nigga you're just hitting the other guy with a fucking hammer it ain't complicated you don't need to call it doskotto kimi no nangen to cave a skull in

As an autist who used to dabble in the LARP arts, using a hammer like an axe is a chore due to weight distribution/balance.

yes its called "Fuck you, nigger!"

This, a basic carpenters framing/clawhammer is probably a much better weapon anyway simply because of a better balance.

youtube.com/watch?v=VwIIDzrVVdc

No, because weapons as heavy as a lump hammer would be too slow and tiring to use in combat. Sure, you might bash the first guy's brains in. What about the second? The fifth? Swing just a little too slow and someone's already stuck a sword in your face.That's why war hammers were relatively light, and big cartoonish maces weren't a thing.

Somewhat related:
youtu.be/vZWkDhh9Zsg?t=101