Left is South Korean, middle is Russian, right is North Korean

Left is South Korean, middle is Russian, right is North Korean

Is Russia selling arms on both sides? Should we just invade them to stop it?

Attached: 2019-05-05.png (455x549, 232K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2011/06/24/2011062401222.html
chosun.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Square missiles never really took off, but I can see where you're coming from.

Not really all that surprising. Personally, I think escalation in North Korea is a better thing for America than Russian planners realize.

How else do you maximize war profit?

Russia is probably not too spooked about the South Koreans having defensive SAMs and Russians are surely happy to have currency go their direction.

>Is Russia selling arms on both sides?
Yes, I know South Korea has Russian tanks at least.

>Should we just invade them to stop it?
You are free to invade them user, go forth. You can borrow one of my ARs if you are noguns.

You fuckwits are retarded

Reason why military hardware is shaped isn't because of artistic integrity its because of something called the laws of physics and thermodynamics

Nyet

Attached: howdoyoudofellowrussians.jpg (198x254, 11K)

Similar types of missiles look similar.
Turns out that physics works the same way in different nations. Shocking.

That's generally true, but in this case, the South Korean Hyunmoo missile is widely believed to be an Iskander derivative. And there's pretty much zero chance the Norks made a copy of the Iskander on their own. It's quite possibly a derivative of the Chinese version, though.

>square missiles never really took off

Attached: 1541271522606.jpg (744x694, 64K)

I don't know, the Otomat is pretty boxy.

They look like Russian missiles because the chunks just copy Russian designs for their military. Look at their other weapons designs. It's all just exact copies of Russian kit or some homebrewed plastic abortion of a gun.

The basic shape is the same because of solid rocket booster physical properties. At the end of the burn the booster is empty and stability is maintained by keeping the center of drag aft of center mass a.k.a. elongated conic extension forward.

This. People cry when they say that F-35 and the superior J-31 look alike but both are researched and developed independent from each other and they only look the same because they are designed with the same objectives. Although the J-31 is far superior.

>Although the J-31 is far superior.

Attached: 25234534.webm (1280x720, 2.18M)

Exactly. Does the F 35 have a deployable smokescreen? Thought so.

>It's just aerodynamics guys
That's the case with most of these "they copied the other guys" kind of posts, but the South Korean missile in the OP (Hyunmoo II) is generally assumed to be based off the Russian missile in the OP (Iskander). Once again, China also operates Iskander-derived IRBMs, so it may well be a Chinese system they either bought or copied from, not Russian. Either way, the idea of both North and South Korea threatening each other with derivatives of the same missile is pretty funny.

South Korea copied the Russian missile they came by in a junkyard in Kamchatka by bribing Russian officers.

Here is an article from their newspaper on the agent who did that.
news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2011/06/24/2011062401222.html

Fuckin English Hong

>bribing Russian officers
kek
When I read the Wikipedia article stating that there's a general belief that the Hyunmoo 2 was based off of the Iskander, I assumed they meant some sort of low-profile codevelopment deal like their SAM systems, not straight up stealing the thing. That's fucking hilarious.

South Korea has BMP-3s and T-80U tanks along with some AA and AT missiles becuase they couldn’t pay out on debts from shooting a Korean Airlines civilian aircraft and killing everyone onboard.

It's like MiG-29 and F-4 had a baby and dressed it up in designer clothes.

It’s Chink shill poster as “Chosun” is North Korean lingo

Attached: back_to_reddit.png (448x421, 259K)

I can see that you typed words that mean things by themselves, but shitposting aside im not able to figure out what you mean by this.
Not sure if youre calling yourself a chink or the website chink, not sure if the source is a shill or youre calling me a shill, not sure what you meant by NK lingo.
Also I dont even know if youre the person who posted the link.
Christ ive been on this board for 7 years and the lingo still confuses me sometimes.

What I am saying is the guy that posted website “chosun” is a chink shill as only Chinks and Norks use that word (it’s very old Korean for “Korea” as in the nation of Korea). South koreans call Korea “Hanguk” rather than Chosun in their language.

not really
>The Chosun Ilbo (Hangul: 조선일보; Hanja: 朝鮮日報) is one of the major newspapers in South Korea. With a daily circulation of more than 1,800,000,[1] the Chosun Ilbo has been audited annually since the Audit Bureau of Circulations was established in 1993.[2]
chosun.com/

gotcha

>square missiles never really took off
fpbp

Attached: IMG_20190429_174232.png (730x450, 105K)

Kek. Fucking destroyed.

It’s a leftist rag in ROK on par with Pravda. Chosun is a North Korean phrase

Is it wrong that I want these to be this century's mig-21? I just like the way they look.

>Researched and developed separately
Sure they were.
The US developed an aircraft
Then China researched and developed a plan to steal its secrets.
To bad they didn’t actually figure out how to build anything more than a look alike.

>in the mid 90s sk wanted a new ballistic missile that had a greater range than their hyunmoo-1 developed in the 80s with american assistance under an agreement that limited its range to 180 km
>americans didn't approve, so they needed another contributor
>meanwhile in russian far east, soviet missiles were being scrapped
>there was a korean guy who was running a scrap metal dealer in there to provide korean steel industry with materials, had connection with the russian military
>in 1997, the russians had him scrap the missile in question
>he reported it to sk national intelligence service
>they paid four russian officers a total of $700,000, quite a lot of money in a region where a three room apartment costed $6,000
>parts of missiles hidden in scrap were secretly shipped to south korea by piecemeal during dark nights of the new moon to evade surveillance by russian and american satellites
>in 2001, the limitation was extended to 300 km
>sk started to deploy the hyunmoo-2 based on the missile in 2008

Attached: 1452085089215.jpg (570x487, 45K)

How much did the scrap dealer get? I hope he got paid too.

>Should we just invade them
But can you, mutt-kun?

>russia copies space shuttle
it's just aerodynamics bro lool
>russia copies Concorde
it's just aerodynamics broo
>russia copies b-29
it was a different time man

More like
>America develops an expensive aircraft
>China develops a cheaper aircraft with superior capabilities
>America gets jealous and calls out names because that is how narrow minded they are.

I mean, yeah? Nuclear war makes such an idea suicidal, of course.

This is what I was going to say. The Russians might be selling to South Korea, but the Chinese are definitely selling to North Korea, and the Chinese cribbed everything they know about arms design from the Russians.