Handgun General - /hg/ - #290

Tips and tricks edition.

Pastebin:
pastebin.com/gs6mLNik

Guide:
scribd.com/document/382993265/gitgud-1-rev2-1

P.T.

Attached: m&p-trix.jpg (1800x1200, 342K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TCbx30ry5SA
gunbroker.com/Item/812175833
summitgunbroker.com/hk-usp-v1.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Now with more subtitles

Attached: m&p-trix.jpg (1800x1200, 522K)

Attached: IMG_20181226_224004303.jpg (4000x3000, 1.96M)

whats this for? better trigger?
t. buying a m2.0 and am a pistol noob

: |

Is there anything better than clanking 8" plates at 125yards all Sunday with a $100 single action .22 and 4-cent rounds?

Attached: 72796250030-2 (1).jpg (600x600, 53K)

are thise the heritage that i see on literally every gunshop website?

Yeah mine fucking kicks ass

Attached: Screenshot_20190420-102104__01.jpg (1080x1025, 212K)

been thinking of getting one after my m2.0 for pure memery

Model 65-1. Am I autistic for wanting this with all my being?

Attached: 9910750_01_custom_engraved_smith_wesson_m_640.jpg (640x488, 35K)

Goddamnit I love bullseye guns and engraved shit.

Attached: 9910750_03_custom_engraved_smith_wesson_m_640.jpg (640x461, 32K)

Do it dude. I know everyone shits on it and will be saying the Ruger is better but Ruger fucked up and should have given it a 6.5" schlongboi

Attached: Screenshot_20190420-102116__01.jpg (1644x1080, 453K)

Engravings give you no tactical advantage whatsoever

>flexing on poorfags isnt a tactical advantage.

It fucks with their minds man. Thats a tactical advantage to me, my dude.

Besides the Ruger, what are some good .22 handguns? Are the GSG 1911's shit? I kind of want one.

Whats your budget?

Top end of $300-350 I guess. I don't really want to spend much on a .22 handgun.

SW 17

Oh frick that's what that hole is for? So that's why that little flapper trigger bar guide thing is hinged. Huh. My PPQs have that hole too, but no set screw because there's no DA, it's just a threaded hole.

Very cool man thank you for sharing and explaining, I love this kind of information!

I checked mine, the old P99 and SW99 have some kind of plug in that hole, the new P99c and MR9 have the set screw, and the two PPQs have empty holes.

Two of two P99s are almost all the way out, and the other two have the pin so they basically are all the way out. So if you need more, you could just remove the set screw entirely

Yessir! The old M&P had an extremely light reset, you basically couldn't feel or hear it at all. The M2.0 has a much stronger reset but compared to stuff like the VP9 and PPQ it's still pretty light. So by tweaking the trigger bar a little bit, you can make it snap off the sear harder on reset and it'll make a louder and more tactile *click*

Yes! Doing the same suppressed

>Are the GSG 1911's shit?
Generally speaking yes. Most lookalike guns are unreliable or even break at abnormally high rates. Copypasta because I'm lazy:

There are a few exceptions that I regularly shill, the CZ Kadet, S&W M&P .22 Compact and Walther PPQ .22.

Some non-look-a-like .22s that are good are S&W Victory, Ruger Mark family, Steyr RFP, Ruger SR22 and Beretta Neos. Which reminds me, ISSC's .22 platform is pretty good (glock and steyr "clones")

The Beretta and Chiappa M92FS .22s, Grand Power K22, Taurus TX22 and Keltec CP33 I don't know about. I want to like the Taurus TX22 because of it's appealing features but it's brand new and I don't know what if any issues it has. I have heard that one of the 92FS .22s is shit but the other is good, I don't remember which.

Attached: p99 screws.jpg (2600x1733, 1.24M)

Attached: 5e4d524ef3c44ab81505bd4e3b480f00.jpg (1600x1274, 449K)

Yea, the old versions have that pin which does the same thing but isn't adjustable. I'm not sure the SW99s ever saw this change. This screw method probably offers a more consistent adjustment without having to keep insane tolerances on the trigger bar and pin. As for removing it, I would, but I can probably easily find a sufficient, shorter set screw and I have the concern that section of the sear housing wouldn't hold up to becoming a bearing surface.

Which one is the PPQ? Left?

I like model 19s, I sometimes like engraving. That thing is ugly

Oh yeah
PPQ 9, P99 Compact 9, MR9, P99 .40, SW99 .45

It already is a bearing surface tho. The trigger bar guide takes all the sliding force whether the screw is in there or not, and the trigger bar guide either bears upward on the tip of the screw which only has engagement on the threads, or if you took the screw out would bear on the entire underside of the sear cage. To me it seems the latter would be stronger.

Does Jow Forums have a preferred 9mm gun from Norinco?
Some choices include:

CZ-75 / NZ-75
CZ-85B / NZ-85B
Sig P226 / NP-22
1911 A1 / NP-29

It's not so much the strength, but abrasion resistance, that I have the concern about.

Right, that's what the steel trigger bar guide already does. That part doesn't slide, it always stays put and just pivots at the rear. The trigger bar slides on that, not on plastic. If you take the screw out, the trigger bar still slides on the steel trigger bar guide, not on plastic. And the trigger bar guide wouldn't start sliding without the set screq

I prefer m&p grip angle to glock

We dont get those in the US.

I don't own any Norc guns personally, but from what I understand they should all work well, but will be rough around the edges. A lot of people will buy their 1911s and tune them up into much nicer guns. Their P226 clone in 7.62x25 looks fun as fuck too.

Hello boys,
recently bought a used HK USP, no idea how many rounds it went through but giving its age and general condition it never saw replacement of springs. Shoots fine however.

Which springs to change out the first?
Firing pin spring and extractor spring?

Who asked for this?

Attached: Glock-G48-Side-View-V2-1024x876.jpg (1024x876, 741K)

black people

Pretty fuckin dumb in all honesty. Almost as big as a glock 19 with less capacity.

Bought a Taurus Model 605 .357 Magnum because I wanted a CC revolver. Haven't fired it yet but will do so this weekend. Anybody here have it or have heard anything about this gun? What should I expect recoil, accuracy wise? The range that I usually go to has the targets set up at 25 meters and I have no idea how accurate can a 2 inch barrel be.

A 2" barrel can be as accurate as 6"
The drawback is increased recoil, and shorter sight radius.
It will kick really hard with fullhouse magnums.
I would shoot 38 specials in it. But magnums are fun now and then

I agree with this but there are some lower recoil .357 loads made for shorter barrels. Look at Remington golden saber 125gr .357 and IIRC Buffalo bore has a low recoil .357 as well.

So accuracy is all on me? That's good to know, at least I will not be able to blame the gun on it.
I'm used to shooting the XDs-45 with a 3 inch barrel and the recoil is pretty heavy but it doesn't hurt or anything. How much worse will the .357 magnum be?

Nah, it actually works pretty well. Width is a big contribitor to concealablity, so having a thin gun with a longer sight radius is great.

Hard to quantify but maybe twice as much depending on the ammo you use

Oh jesus... I bought two different types of ammo - one is 125 and the other is 158 grain.

Grip and slide length are much more important than width when it comes to concealing. It’s like glock looked at the least important aspect and based a gun around that.

Sometimes 158 gr is lower recoil. It varies depending on what type you buy. What do you have specifically?

I disagree. At 3:00, I can hide a 1911 better than a g19. Especially if you're using a tuckable setup and tucking in your shirt.

Who the fuck tucks in their shirt in 2019?

That being said you are probably right if you wear tight clothes. But In that case why are you carrying a full sized gun anyway?

Working an office job, negro. Gotta look good. Also I'm a little thicc so clothes that fit me well in the chest and shoulder are a little tight in the waist.

>But In that case why are you carrying a full sized gun anyway?
Longer sight radius, less felt recoil, more ammo.

Just triple wield pocket pistols my man

Two in each pants pocket and one in the shirt.

Why stop there? I can get two more with ankle holsters and at least 3 more in a suit jacket!

Brb buying 10 more LCPs

this is a great idea

when you run out of ammo you can just start throwing guns

The 1911 is the best handgun ever made, prove me wrong

Im gonna go look at it next weekend, see what it looks like in person.

*sip* guess that's why everybody is still making them

*sip*

Attached: IMG_20180726_021902.jpg (2976x3968, 1.53M)

GSG's are terrible. They are responsible for the Sig Mosquito. The ISSC M2 is utter crap too. Don't bother with a Phoenix.

Bersa Thunder 22s are fine, in addition to the others listed.

Can't be done

Ah couldn't tell. I've never moved the sear assembly. I'll try it.

Why can I hit small targets but shoot crappy groups? I can nail a golf ball every time from 25ft but can't shoot a golf ball sized group.

25ft isn't far and who knows? If you people are going to ask why you suck shit at shooting the least you can do is post groups or better yet, and far more useful, post a video of yourself shooting.

If I could I'd get a CF-98 because I'm a rotating barrel fiend

Probably none, but recoil or hammer would be noticeable first. Shoot it and see what needs it. if it functions 100%, doesn't need it

But don't listen to just me wait for more answers

Aim small miss small they say, Hitler

I found that the size and color of targets greatly affects my group size. Actually I think there is a Paul Herrell video on this let me see

Yep here it is
youtube.com/watch?v=TCbx30ry5SA

I have these gray boob looking targets that I always use because I have a million of them printed out but they have shit contrast and in indoor lighting they're really bad for my eyes so my groups can suffer. But if there were no gray, or if the center dot was white instead of black it'd be higher contrast for my shit eyes.

Attached: april targ.jpg (1500x2250, 531K)

Hey, update on the TX22. I put about another 200 rounds through it; up to 382 now. Primarily automatch, about 20 CCI Standard and 6 CCI Velositer. It ran them all flawlessly. Not a single jam or feeding issue. I haven't cleaned it yet, except for swabbing the barrel for you yesterday. I just squirted some WD40 on the slide rails and breach face.
I wasn't able to shoot it from bags like I would have liked. This is a 7-round group of automatch from 7-yards with me kneeling on the ground and kind of resting my arms on a saw horse.

It did have an issue today, which I'm pretty sure was caused by my grip. A few times shooting the automatch, with both mags, the slide locked back before the mag was empty. I think I was bumping the slide stop, but I don't have enough data to be sure. I'll do more testing tomorrow or the next day.

Of note as well, it shot the Velociter very accurately. Unsupported, I shot a better group than included here, but I didn't have enough ammo to make it statistically significant. Also, with Velociter it almost feels like shooting my g19 in terms of recoil and muzzle flip. I really want to get a suppressor or brake on this thing just to weigh down the front end.

Attached: 20190506_130303.jpg (1494x2656, 2.24M)

Interesting on the recoil.

I'm waiting for the no-safety versions to get back in stock at reasonable prices then I think I'll get one.

Trigger improves after 1000 rounds

Yea because carrying a gun thats thinner and weighs less (especially fully loaded) is dumb

Barrel length has zero effect on accuracy

Weight you moron. Weight is the most important

Up to 592 rounds now. I think I'm pretty satisfied with the reliability.

It is still locking the slide back on a partial mag every so often, though. Did it with minimags and automatch. I'm wondering now if it's a carbon buildup issue causing the slide stop leg that interacts with the follower to catch on rounds as they are pushed up, since it didn't do it at all the first few hundred shots. I'll clean it and test farther.

I will say, the safety is well placed. I just treat it like it's not there and it is high enough it doesn't interfere with my grip.

Attached: gmw.jpg (1251x1573, 432K)

This. Just shoot the shit out of it the trigger will get better with time.

Weight isn't that important when it comes to CCing handguns. They are all easy to carry with exception for BIG IRON and meme guns like desert eagles.

Maybe you need to hit the gym.

The more weight a gun has, the more obvious it's going to be to untrained eyes and trained eyes you have something.

Just got a part time job as an RSO. Recommend me a tricked out pistol that I can flex on range-goers with.

Better groups.

Just picked up the one with adjustable sites and a 22wmr cylinder. Put about 100 rounds of lr through it and am impressed.

I held and played with a Sig 365 at PSA today. Maaaaaan I really want one, I've been carrying a Glock 19 for way to long. What a trigger too...

Les Baer, Ed Brown or Wilson Combat, the ultimate boomerflex. Make sure you pay extra for the factory fauxperator wear treatment

Based Burt

Holy shit, I'm so fucking stoked
>it finally arrived

Attached: Hi Power (2).jpg (2592x1456, 865K)

I too love antiques user

bought this today, how bad did I fuck up?

Attached: hkUSP.jpg (4032x3024, 1.05M)

She's high speed enough for me, old man

>tfw all these new USPfrens
You didn't fuck up at all user, or we're all fucking up.

Attached: IMG_20190408_221043.jpg (3867x2917, 2.62M)

None percent.

Attached: Ohfuckyeah.jpg (800x600, 36K)

I just ordered a USP40, can't fucking wait to get it. Comes with 3 94 AWB "Law enforcement only" mags, and a copsurp leather leg rig.
>$399

fluffy im not coming back.

Attached: HK master race (1).jpg (4032x3024, 3.05M)

Good wood grips for Cz-75B? Hogue?

Attached: 8D12D31F-FA30-4183-A75C-7B3F3B809E93.jpg (563x651, 226K)

Where?

can you recommend a holster that fits it with a TLR-3. Preferably a duty type holster

>gunbroker.com/Item/812175833
7 left currently

Fuck me that's tempting and a good deal. I had a USP .40 LEO trade in I bought from Bud's years ago for $500. Great platform for .40. You can convert them to .357 SIG too i believe

Do it.

Attached: nicholson.gif (320x240, 532K)

Nice! I love mine

Perfect for that skeleton in the closet

Attached: TgMJthQk_400x400.jpg (400x400, 29K)

Hogue, CZ factory, Nill Griffe, grips4u all have little plusses and minuses
I honestly think the factory CZ cocobolo are the most aesthetic and best value but the top half is slippery with no checkering. Nill has the potential to be the nicest but they use very low (plain) figure walnut for their CZ grips so don't expect them to be super-wow like their expensive $250 primo grade a grips.

Hey that's pretty good!

If you want just the gun with only 1 mag they're here for $365
summitgunbroker.com/hk-usp-v1.html

Attached: expanded wood.jpg (3400x1275, 1.2M)

Ordered a buffer and heavier recoil spring per Camp's suggestion, as well as his book.
On Spegel's wait list for grips.
This thing is great and I'm really glad to own one that's pretty much new.
>Glad I didn't buy one of the beat to shit surp ones.
www.hipowersandhandguns.com

Attached: RHP 1st CoverJPG.jpg (876x1134, 117K)

im assuming youve shot the hudson suppressed? whats it like? anything note worthy?

Yeah, probably about 50/50 now suppressed/unsuppressed. The threaded barrel in mine is wiggly, noticeably looser than the factory barrel, which I suspect is why accuracy is much poorer with the threaded barrel. Also something about the suppressor is causing the striker to skip over the sear or something, as even though the slide has more than enough energy to eject and strip a new round, often the trigger will randomly die, requiring the striker to be re-cocked. Other than that it's like any other suppressed gun, with the same ups and downs.

Actually I've been meaning to shoot the gun more with the factory barrel to make sure something's not broken but I keep buying new shit to shoot first lol

All H9s and barrels are different tho, yours might have a tight threaded barrel and a loose factory barrel, or both tight, or both loose. The barrels aren't fitted at all at the factory.

Attached: hudsonlightsilencer.jpg (2000x1333, 810K)

Should I? Wanna get my LTC soon

Attached: armslist.png (1160x818, 411K)

I got mine for 349 on sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com

Good gun though.

how do you guys feel about people building p80% in cuck states?