Yeah the assault rifle it's cool and everything, but how do you aim with it???

Yeah the assault rifle it's cool and everything, but how do you aim with it???

Attached: UNSC standar issue assault rifle.jpg (366x138, 7K)

You don’t. Spray and pray

How many fucking times do we have to go over this? It has electronic sighting system that integrates with the users helmet. It's basically an augmented reality gun sight. Later iterations in the game included flip up iron sights in the gun.

they all have integrated eyepieces. im betting they connect to each other.

Lore wise you can take off the ammo counter to reveal a set of back up sights on the off chance your visor gets fucked up and can't link to the gun.

then, how did johnson aimed with it? tard

Attached: johnson.jpg (480x360, 17K)

The bigger question is why there needs to be a flashlight roughly the size of a 40mm grenade launcher when they have vehicle-destroying lasers that can fit in a shoulder-mounted platform.

It has so many lumens you wouldn't fucking believe.

He used his massive fucking balls to stabilize the gun and pissed lead until the covenant bastards ate shit and died, next question fuckhead.

Hes literally a low-key spartan, he has a hud in his eyes. Tard.

Johnson was a prototype spartan, he has tactical cybernetics

how do elites aim this shit then too?

Attached: TRF10027_i.jpg (752x564, 34K)

You're shooting balls of superheated blue plasma... Walk your shots onto the target.

They are aliens, user, do not seek to understand their technology for it will twist your mind.

Let the prophets light guide them.
When that fails,

You use it for suppressing fire whilst running up to use your massive energy sword. Faggot.

If you assume halo 2s gameplay to be a direct representation, elites have a hud too.

He didn't, the bullets were just too afraid to miss.

top lol

Sights are overrated

Attached: IMG_20160508_154155883s.jpg (1336x752, 340K)

To light up the fucking moon if you need to.

come're baby

Attached: 1553623850174.jpg (240x240, 10K)

With the hud

Is that a Cx4 underneath there? 10/10 would defend Earth with.

How would Jow Forums deal with this motherfucker?

Attached: arbiter.jpg (1080x600, 119K)

MAC cannon from orbit

Pre- or Post-schism? If before, actually follow through on ONI’s recommendations to target him for assassination, and use a team of S-IIs to counterattack when his fleet shows up to glass a planet. If after Halo 2/3, have ONI interfere with shit on Sanghelios and accelerate the conflicts present after the Covenant fell apart.

/thread

Attached: giggling loudly.png (650x581, 284K)

All UNSC military personnel get neural interfaces drilled into their skull that beams a HUD that includes a reticle onto their eyes.

The chip goes at the base of the skull, and my understanding is that it’s only for identification and tracking. I don’t think it interfaces with the brain at all. The Spartans probably get something different, though.

>It has electronic sighting system that integrates with the users helmet.

How in the ever loving fuck are you suppose to zero that?

Also! how in the ever loving fuck are you suppose to use that if you're helmet goes dead?

Seems like a dumb design.

>seems like a dumb design
That’s because it’s a video game. I hate it when media places rule of cool over realism too, but sometimes you just gotta accept shit like that.

None of the Spartans have that.
Tard.

It's the future, they have spaceships and shit. But rangefinding interfaces is where you draw the line?

Attached: 1419761702390.jpg (504x720, 82K)

You basically don't, it's a fucking 40 moa rifle anyway.

>7.62x51
>assault rifle

Attached: 1500084737604.png (484x605, 260K)

B8, but the AR is 7.62NATO while the Battle Rifle standard of the UNSC is 9.6mm.
Nowadays it could be retconned to be 7.62x35 (.300 blk)

The plasma follows the target

>send out rebels and condemned criminals as bullet sponges.
>conceal yourself 700+ yards away with a sniper.
>Pick him off

>retconned to a PDW round (memeout is shit otherwise)

Attached: 1474944266016.jpg (600x646, 25K)

>sighting system that integrates into the users HUD
>backup flip sights if you don’t have such a HUD/HUD goes down
Johnson was a SPARTAN-I.
I’d bet it is just the 2500s version of a CAC card.

With the right stick you retard

kek

Kek

Dakka

His vision is augmented

Attached: grimacecatstache.jpg (411x412, 33K)

I still don’t get how the covenant or what’s left of them could lose to the hoomans. their largest ship is like 5-6 times the size of the largest UNSC ship.

Because their religiously-organized society learned their binding faith was misplaced, taking away the band aid that had been preventing inter-species conflict. The prophets, from what I remember, just kind of fucked off into space to avoid the elites. The brutes are morons and can’t properly sustain a spacefaring empire, the jackals are much happier being space pirates and black market traders for/against basically everyone, the elites aren’t unified and one of the largest factions supports alliance with humanity, and the grunts kind of follow whoever’s convenient and powerful for the most part. Other client species lack the numbers or the motivation to bother.

Kek

well if you ever play the game, chief literally has to pull a hip out of a dead soilders helmet to see how the flood killed him, so you would easily be incorrect

I would like to also iterate that it became common for a neural interface on people in the halo universe, I'd surmise that it worked with that too if not the helmet

Attached: download.png (180x224, 42K)

They're space arabs.

MAC rounds... In atmosphere?

>asking such a shit question
>not asking better questions like how does the needler's feed mechanism work?

The Prophets guide your shot brother WORT WORT WORT

Gravitational acceleration means they'd be more powerful in atmo

Because the aliens suck and humans rule, thread over idiot

One way to get their attention. Hang onto your teeth, people.

DWAI?