Bipods

Is the Magpul bipod Justasgood(tm) or do I need to spend money on an Atlas?

Attached: MAG951_XX_Mood.jpg (815x815, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

opticsplanet.com/midwest-industries-harris-type-bipod-qd-mount.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Like everything magpul, wait for the generation 2 version.

Since when does Magpul = Sig? It doesn't seem like there are too many bugs to work out.

>It doesn't seem
lol'd. but it does seem you're a fucking retard.
be the 1st gen sucker. you deserve it.

If you're going to get a $100 bipod, you might as well get a Harris.

Works pretty good desu.

Bipods on ar-15s. Yes or no?

Go quick detach and keep the bipod in a bag

opticsplanet.com/midwest-industries-harris-type-bipod-qd-mount.html

why would you buy a polymer bipod?
it swivels, that's a recipe for snapping

You need swivel on an unever surface.

>shooting off anything other than a perfectly smooth and flat surface.

>this obvious you dont shoot precision rifles or practice using an accurate rifle in realistic situations
sad.
No. Unless youre doing some special purpose varminting or short magwell competition build.
my complaints
>sticks out too far underneath gun even though not qd, I actually prefer the non qd atlas because its lower profile and it's staying on the gun
>legs can possibly snag on brush and drop down
nothing else, it seems alright

I really like it. It's not that heavy, but the articulation and rotation is fantastic.

Attached: IMG_20190323_131403366_HDR.jpg (4032x2268, 1.18M)

You'd probably be fine with a polymer bipod if all you shoot is .22.

I only have one bipod, it's on a qd mount and I only use it when bench shooting, zeroing, or varmit hunting

Its light and looks good imo. The biggest issue is how flimsy it is. Its good as a field bipod.

>not shooting off barricades, car hoods, grassy knolls and other niggas

Attached: 1dc1621f9785f3afe3906e31500a13be0e261b4604c6e28c11ea8a12184fe883.jpg (727x480, 38K)

Attached: serveimage (2).jpg (680x510, 59K)

Bipods live on my scoped AR's, not on the ones with Irons, red dots or fixed 3x's.

or a 9-13” version

Harris for $100
No reason to buy anything else
I put a gg&g on my .308 and it was stupid expensive and I felt like an idiot after I bought it.

I have the magpul bipod on my SR and I like it plenty

Attached: IMG_20190215_134417.jpg (3840x2160, 1.82M)

I think I want to pick up the magpul hunter stock and bipod for a ruger american

Atlas kicks the shit out of the Magpul, but I doubt many people need that level of durability. If you have a fairly light weapon and it's a safe/range queen then magpul is fine. If you're going to be using at a lot, especially in rougher situations like competition, and/or you have a heavy gun then get the atlas.

I haven't personally had hands on the magpul bipod, but my buddy bought pre-ordered one before they came out. When he got it he seemed a bit disappointed and said it felt flimsy and had 'too much' play in the joints.

your friend is an idiot. Their's "play" in the joints so the rifle bounces back into your shoulder and then resets instead of having the feet skid across whatever surface it's deployed on.
I've put at least 700 rounds of 308 through mine while leaning against the pod so it's got my confidence at this point

No

This

Just use the bag then.

"it's not a flaw, it's a feature" the post