HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

*deep breathe*

HAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 13.jpg (1080x1580, 432K)

Other urls found in this thread:

globalfirepower.com/countries-listing.asp
reuters.com/article/us-syria-crisis-peacekeepers-un-insight/how-u-n-troops-defied-orders-opened-fire-and-escaped-syrian-rebels-idUSKBN0H724T20140912
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The zipper heads do have the 2nd best navy in the world.

I could see the JSDF being up there. They’re relatively well trained and their navy and air force are extremely well-equipped. They’re probably in competition with the PLAN for 2nd place behind the US navy in the westpac region.

There is something called military combat experience
Jsdf doesn't have it. The jsdf is more or less a glorified swat force

this desu
they train with USMC but even still they don't go anywhere only dealing with local disasters.

This is absolutely true. I think experience is the biggest limiting factor of most non-American militaries in East Asia right now. Japan’s navy is just as well experienced as its rivals, though, which is to say not at all. Relatively-speaking, the US, Britain, France, and Russia are the only major powers that have a lot of troops with recent combat experience. Aussies, too, if you consider them a major power.

I consider us a major power on the basis of our latent nuclear potential and highly modern military, for all its small size

the location is also really useful too. less now due to tech but still invading Aussies is a logistical nightmare.

Yeah. Their position in the upcoming geopolitical rivalry with China will likely turn them into an important military asset in the coming decades. Their national need to maintain open shipping lanes along with their shared culture with the US means that they’ll continue to be incredibly reliable allies, too. It’s worth remembering that the Aussies were the only country other than South Korea that came with the US into Vietnam.

Even China has little amount of experience with their occasional skirmishes with India.
But didn't some elements of JSDF get approved to go over to Iraq a few years ago?

They’ve accompanied US forces on peacekeeping and medical missions, but I don’t think any of them ever fired a shot in anger.

"Military Combat Experience" means shit. Who has military combat experience?

America? They just bomb goats. They couldn't even protect Crimea from the Russian menace.

Arabs? They're arabs, military combat experience means shit.

well that sucks. Even if Afghanistan/Iraq was literally a big waste of time, lives, and resources, at the very least the US Military got experience in not only combat but logistical operations. Let's just hope we can go maybe 5 years with no US involved conflict this time around.

LARPing as a security guard in Iraq means shit. Didn't some SEA Niggers disobeyed an Indian superior because muh pride muh guns n shit? Just shows there is no military cohesiveness in Iraq.

>experience is a meme
>reddit spacing
you really need to go back.

Fighting against enemies that can kill you is inherently more valuable than just training. Even if those enemies aren’t the Red Army crossing the Fulda Gap in 1983. At the same time, navies (the primary theater of a conflict in the westpac) haven’t been involved in much more than missile-lobbing at ground targets and anti-piracy ops, so experience means much less there given the lack of any modern examples of naval combat.

>if we only count nations who don't have rifled barrels or smokeless powder

Isn't the Jap navy still relatively pitiful compared to the SK or Italian navy ? (similarly sized cunts with similar economies)
I remember reading that they mostly relied on subs while heavily lacking in the frigates and lighter vessels department.
Also it seems to have 2 (?) carriers altho they use different labels so maybe I'm not understanding this right.

Attached: 1531391260352.jpg (600x756, 121K)

Their navy definitely outclasses the Sorks when it comes to blue-water capabilities. They both have Aegis destroyers, but Japan’s “self defense” strategies require much less amphibious assault capability than Korea does. No idea how they fair against Italy, but Japan probably operates the most capable (on paper) navy in the Pacific outside of the US.

japan is actually rated 6 now
globalfirepower.com/countries-listing.asp
but wouldnt that just be counted as part of ours?

you gonna tell us the sauce on this nipboo manga?

Those lists are kinda contrived, and the very nature of trying to quantify military capabilities with an ordered list lends itself to inaccuracy. At the same time, people really tend to underestimate Japan’s capabilities. I imagine that perception will change if/when they begin calling their military a military again. Between the US, South Korea (may not stick with the Japs long term), and Japan, China has 3 of the most powerful navies in the world opposing its expansion. Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Gate - Jietai Kare no Chi nite, Kaku Tatakeri. There's a manga and a 24-episodes anime.
It's an all right show if you can disregard all that "JSDF is the best" that they keep on showing over and over again.

This. Not only does the US mostly just bomb goats, it doesn't even do so effectively. The US has been in Afghanistan for 18 years now, and the country is still a festering pit of insurgencies. Probably even worse than it was before US forces set foot in the country. When you look at goals achieved, especially in proportion to money spent, the US military has been spectacularly unsuccessful for the last 60 years. So yes, combat experience is a very good thing to have, but the US military has very little. The US does, however, have more experience than any other nation at operating massive, inept, fabulously expensive expeditionary clusterfucks.

The US military, despite its tendency to get mired in protracted, no-win insurgencies, is incredibly effective on an operational level. There’s not really a country that even approaches it in military capabilities at the moment. To argue otherwise is either ignoring the facts or acting in bad faith.

We did a whole lot better in Afghanistan than you, Ivan.

This. See Grenada, Panama, Iran, and Iraq.

Hell, even Korea, Vietnam, and Afghanistan all still have the US coming out very far on top in terms of losses and damage applied to the enemy. There’s not really a country that has a similar level of effectiveness in that many conflicts, especially when fighting thousands of miles away from their homeland.

Winning the conflicts would be even better.

I have no idea what the French did in Mali but it seems to have worked a lot better than what the USA has done elsewhere.

>level of effectiveness
Do you understand that to defeat already weakened Iraq US spend amount of money pretty much equal to an year GDP of Iraq? That is not "effective".

Considering the US more or less unilaterally dismantled a sovereign government while simultaneously fighting a deeply-rooted insurgency in Afghanistan, while maintaining a global military presence, all without Americans at home being seriously effected by it, I’d say it was fairly effective. No other country could do that, no matter how dumb it may have been.

>Japan top tier
I consider Mexico more militarily capable than Japan.

Attached: Japanese correctly assert American Mindset.jpg (745x492, 165K)

The UK would like to have a word.

Attached: Screenshot_20190506-125541.png (1440x2560, 249K)

>No idea how they fair against Italy, but Japan probably operates the most capable (on paper) navy in the Pacific outside of the US.
Lol wut
You forgot Chinar is there

Japan absolutely outclasses Mexico’s military in everything that isn’t counterinsurgency operations.

>Soviet intervention to protect the Afghan government and its people
>no satellite, GPS or any other fancy technology etc
>Mujahideen were getting equipped with the latest Western technology
>Mujahideen fought them with superior numbers
>Soviets had to create the Afghan war theory from scratch
>only retreated because the USSR fell apart

>Western invasion of Afghanistan
>all the finest technology in the world, GPS, satellite support, smart bombs and so forth
>learned everything from the Russians about fighting in Afghanistan, and to minor extend Chechnya
>at the time of the 2001 invasion, the Mujahideen were only a shadow of their former glory and this time with virtually no support except some Pakistani handouts

Better job my ass.

Attached: original.jpg (1247x804, 1M)

I mean yeah, in terms of equipment, and having the US Navy hanging out at their back door. They are a force to be reckoned with. In terms of combat experience and readiness is a whole nother story.

Yeah, they are there. However, a lot of people still see Japan as the more potent naval power. That’s getting more and more debatable by the day, and China is bound to become the dominant power outside of the US within a few decades, but for now, the argument can absolutely be made that Japan operates a better navy than China.

>the US more or less unilaterally dismantled a sovereign government [which put up virtually no resistance, then replaced it with anarchy] while simultaneously [creating and then unsuccessfully] fighting a deeply-rooted insurgency in Afghanistan, while maintaining a global military presence [for no coherent reason and at massive cost], all without Americans at home being seriously effected by it
ftfy

Granted, not many countries have the resources to just throw money down a hole for nearly two decades, so I guess that's a type of success. But I wouldn't call the destabilization of one of the few functioning countries in the middle east and subsequent creation of ISIS, or the complete failure to clearly articulate much less achieve any major strategic goals in the region a success.

Plz no bully Japan
>also not knowing about the secret half breed army

Attached: 1452625925182.jpg (681x659, 80K)

>Granted, not many countries have the resources to just throw money down a hole for nearly two decades
>the complete failure to clearly articulate much less achieve any major strategic goals in the region a success.

knowing this country its a metal gear solid tier "just a simulation bro!"

That’s fair. America is fucking terrible about big picture strategy for some reason. However, they’re generally very good at militarily executing whatever shitty strategy gets passed on to commanders. I suspect a lot of it has to do with a lack of necessity for the maintenance of an overarching strategy in the country’s current position. If that ever starts to falter, the average IQ in the president’s cabinet would probably jump overnight out of fear.

Dunno man they seem pretty outclassed

Attached: Screenshot_20190506-081050.png (720x1280, 64K)

I thought that was Brazil more so than Mexico? Also, that’s such an oddly specific image and caption.

North Korea best Korea . Based
But as said before the JDSF hasn’t seen conflict since its establishment but as far as training , equipment goes they are way up there .

It's an old joke in reality Peru and Brazil have a crapload of ethnic japs and hapas though there is a lot of nips in the beach resorts of Mexico

Yeah, they tend to lag behind in small surface combatants, but their larger ships are generally much more modern and capable than anything China has, minus their Type 55s, which they don’t have many of at the moment. As China procures more modern surface combatants, this balance will inevitably shift further in China’s Favor.

I see Japan does have more carriers at the moment

It's weird that there aren't that many Asians in Mexico. Given the Ideal Economical potential, it has.

Attached: IMG_20181220_145232.jpg (2048x1152, 909K)

Probably because Mexico has always been relatively dangerous and unstable relative to basically everywhere else in the Americas. That, and during the population boom in Japan, while many people were looking to emigrate away from the home islands to find work, Brazil had a huge need for agricultural labor due to the recent abolition of slavery, and was one of the few countries willing to take in huge amounts of Asians.

There actually is a large portions in certain parts of the country Tijuana had a historical large amount of Chinese and Mexico city has a load of Chinese Koreans and japs
More keep moving in especially the Chinese recently

>UN guys at other base get overrun and have their guns seized by literal terrorist
>get word that those same terrorists are heading to your base to get your guns too
>contact higher-ups to plan course of action
>General Poo-in-Loo orders you and your men to stand down, and get yourselves and your weapons be seized by terrorists
>Call back home for a better plan, and they tell you to stand your ground and fight
>You weigh-in your options
>Stand down, hand over your weapons and embolden terrorists to do the same thing to other UN bases and outposts, you and your men may or may not be beheaded, or
>stand your ground and fight. Make them think twice about jacking your shit, and hopefully stop them from doing the same thing in other areas

reuters.com/article/us-syria-crisis-peacekeepers-un-insight/how-u-n-troops-defied-orders-opened-fire-and-escaped-syrian-rebels-idUSKBN0H724T20140912

I don't know Raj, looks like it's less to do with "muh pride muh guns n shit" and more on common sense.
How would you feel if, by some divine intervention, a Chinese General is handed command over a bunch of Indian peacekeepers, and he ordered them to surrender to ISIS, to save some Pakistani peacekeepers?

Attached: (Critical Thinking in Progress).png (211x205, 50K)

Interesting. I guess that’s the case for most west-coast cities in N. America

>Probably because Mexico has always been relatively dangerous and unstable relative to basically everywhere else in the Americas.
The violence is extremely localized. Most of Mexico is a modern 2nd world nation

>That, and during the population boom in Japan, while many people were looking to emigrate away from the home islands to find work, Brazil had a huge need for agricultural labor due to the recent abolition of slavery, and was one of the few countries willing to take in huge amounts of Asians.
I meant more recently.

This fuck the poos the flips put in work and killed bodies

In 1997, descendents of Japanese immigrants celebrated a century of Japanese immigration into Mexico, with an estimated 30,000 people of Japanese nationality or ethnicity living in Mexico. There are about 10,000 full-blooded Chinese in Mexicali, down from 35,000 in the 1920s.

Little Tokyo in Mexico city is a thing
The japs also brought in lots of snacks like japanese peanuts and umenboshi aka saladitos

Neat, I never knew Mexico had that much of a Japanese population. Considering my two favorite types of food by far are Mexican and Japanese, I need to find an excuse to get down there.

>a Chinese General is handed command over a bunch of Indian peacekeepers, and he ordered them to surrender to ISIS, to save some Pakistani peacekeepers?

A Chinese general knows his art of war. It is a better choice to believe in him who believes in you rather than take the matter into your inept and inexperienced hands.

>on paper
In every year for the past 8 years China has shat out Japan's entire naval tonnage

I met quite a few japanese people in Japan that traveled to Mexico to learn how to cook for several years and opened up their own restaurants in Japan

That’s awesome. A fusion of Japanese and Mexican cuisine sounds like the perfect combination.

Yeah man those japs can cook some mean food best burger I ever had was in nip land

They do beef really well there. I was in Tokyo for like 26 hours a few years ago, and while the sushi was great, I’m not a fish guy. The Kobe burger I had, on the other hand, was fucking amazing. I just wish I knew at the time that the places that are called Hibachi in the US are called Teppanyaki in Japan. I really regret not grabbing a steak cooked in front of me while I was there.

Congratulations. Almost every sentence is wrong.

>7. South Korea
>8. Japan
Oof, that must hurt.

To be fair, after the 3rd rank it falls off to almost equally shitty.

That and Japan has China to worry about. There's enough bad blood before accounting for Chinese Imperialism.

Really? How's those peace talks with Taliban are going, huh?

Sure, but they’ve got an ally in China’s greatest geopolitical rival, who also happens to have, bar none, the most powerful military on the planet. It’ll be interesting to see how it all plays out. I really don’t see South Korea remaining in the US sphere of influence for another 50 years, but Japan relies on whoever happens to be the global naval power to ensure its continued economic stability.

JSDF is pretty solid navy wise. They know if they want to stand any chance again China it is to prevent them from landing on the shore. Their military is well trained but as said very inexperienced. The US has their backs but may get bogged down in multiple areas if China's forces are big enough and split up. Taiwan and S Korea is another case as they are designed around suppressing until the US arrives. Aussies will most likely assist with the S China Sea area.

Attached: USS_Constitution_Kicking_Ass.jpg (1276x780, 687K)

We all know this is a lie , nobody ranks France as anything but s u r r e n d e r

What if Japan became syndicalist?

Attached: 1557062741123.jpg (1072x1500, 721K)

>Hurr hurr surrender monkies

Kys fag

Attached: 1555111545318.jpg (640x547, 88K)

>deleting your message just to namefag
lol?

I think all the foreigners really don’t understand americans very well

dont trust the chinese

Aside from the Falklands, did we even see any significant navy-on-navy action in the modern era?

>Sure, but they’ve got an ally in China’s greatest geopolitical rival, who also happens to have, bar none, the most powerful military on the planet.
Except Trump has been talking about backing out of NATO so Japan can't count on us covering them.

Japan and Worst Korea have treaties separate from NATO with the US.

The nip navy is competent. Their ground forces aren't - they're brittle as hell. The most you can say for the JGSDF is that they keep good numbers of heavy equipment.

>Ultra nationalist who starts his manga with war crime denial has an overly high opinion of his countries "literally who?"-tier military

Attached: ThisIsWhatNipsActuallyBelieve.jpg (889x1000, 139K)

>paint kancolle personifications on the sides of your ships
>PLAN sailors refuse to sink their waifus

>implying PLAN sailors play KanColle instead of Azur Lane

Those are some derpy looking proportions on that M38 yo.

There used to be an ex-JGSDF who did a Q&A here not too long ago.

yeah, is this really from GATE?
i remember the art being not good but a lot better, this shit looks like some left-wing manga.

Why not? They gave Mexico a loan to expand the Veracruz port. They seem such great people. Better than the Americans. Maybe Mexico should align itself to China.

True and thank god but even combined they aren't going toe to toe with China. There's simply too much industrial might to work against.

thread?

More like don't trust anyone really every country in the end is looking out for number one friendo but that's the nature of doing business

Bombing goats is warfare in the 21st century. War... war has changed.

According to that the Norks have the most power navy in the world. It's full of shit user.

>38 BB's
>no screen ships

Japan, wtf

>4 aircraft carriers
Helicopter Destroyers*

"helicopter destroyers"

2nd World refers to the USSR states that no longer exist, what you mean is 2nd rate.

Oh God..This shitty doujin again..

Operation Praying Mantis

Name 8 countries with genuine military experience and enough of it they can compete with a first world military.

Ok then

If military experience was so important, the Syrian army would be the best in the world. The fact is most countries don't have meaningful military experience when they've been in a prolonged period of peace. All you can rely on is existing doctrine and equipment.