INSAS

Is it really that bad? It looks kinda wonky

Attached: insas.jpg (450x239, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_equipment_of_the_Indian_Army?wprov=sfti1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes. There’s a reason they use literally every other gun possible in various parts of their army.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_equipment_of_the_Indian_Army?wprov=sfti1
Apologies for the mobile link.

Did they just get a hold of a bunch of different guns and bash that thing together?

That's not a mobile link, but i appreciate your apology. Also holy shit, logistics must be a pain in the ass for the Indian army.

looks like the fake AKs from MGSV

The whole series of AR-18-esque derivatives for the American rifle tree was pretty cool. It seemed believable and grounded for the most part. Still wish they put actual weapons in the game, but I definitely enjoyed figuring out what design features came together to make those rifles.

but what exactly is so bad about it?

Every INSAS product is mere garbage
The entire company is corrupt

They managed to fuck up an AK derivative. Apparently near-constant jamming is a serious issue, combined with a ridiculous overall weight and low-quality parts. Look up videos of it jamming in combat if you can. There was one in some border skirmish where they were just shooting rounds at each other, and the guy had to manually eject like every other cartridge.

>leaks gas in the shooter's face
>sear randomly goes full-auto, even on semi, even though the rifle version is only safe/semi/burst
>plastic magazines prone to crumbling in cold Himalayan air
>plastic furniture too
>production quality is completely fucking inconsistent, the placement of rivets may vary dramatically from rifle to rifle, the way the stampings are done in general is generally comparable to the lower end of Khyber Pass production
It's supposedly full of redundant and unnecessary parts to drive up production cost, so someone can fleece more money from producing it, and I genuinely believe it, because embezzling is so fundamentally embedded in the Indian Government (and in extension, culture) that nothing that they do will never not involve someone trying to do the minimum possible and pocketing the difference.

Conceptually, it'd probably work, it's an AK style rifle in 5.56mm, there's lots of good examples of that, some more AK, some less AK.
Of course, the design needs revising, and when it comes to production you hit a stonewall, because you can't trust Indian manufacturing. The solution is to either outsource the production to someone who isn't India, and probably someone not from the region, or buying a rifle from a foreign producer, such as say, the Russian Federation, who are already set up for a good and modernized AK in 5.56mm which likely would be pretty affordable.

Attached: insas vs actual good rifles.jpg (640x480, 37K)

looking at the list in it seems like they already have rifles and weapons from almost every producing country imaginable. i really wonder what working in indian army logistics must look like

look at this fucking thing. a fucking abomination. what's wrong with those guys. they couldn't even come up with a decent name, it's literally just called modern sub machinegun carbine

Attached: MSMC_-_Modern_Sub_Machine_Carbine.jpg (1920x1042, 172K)

>Indian army logistics
It’s probably hell if you like being good at your job, but I imagine it would be fun getting to play with so many different types of guns.

is there any reason to make a smg with a curved mag like that other than copying H&K?

do you not understand how tapered bullets stack?

>The entire company is corrupt
*entire country of India

>nothing that they do will never not involve someone trying to do the minimum possible and pocketing the difference
This extends all the way down to the individual level.
>t. has pajeet coworkers

I liked that the 556 western rifles looked like FNCs but I wish I could've made the western 762 look more like a FAL.

Yeah, I agree. Fultoning mercs with wood-furniture FALs in the Congo would be badass. I also wish the G-11 equivalent had more of a difference in firing characteristics to set it apart.

looks like a degenerate son of galil and fal

i worked with pajeets. like, real pajeets, fresh from hyderabad. really nice dudes. looking and smelling a bit funny, hilarious accent, but really good guys.

Licensing issues. Plus Konami couldn't afford to pay the gun rights license and Kojima MASSIVE ego.

Why did they not have licensing issues in previous games like Snake Eater? Was it just that MGSV was finally big enough for people to notice?

>licensing issues
i don't really understand that when it comes to products like rifles. it's free advertisement.

I thought it looked cool at first then I look at the little things. The stock looks crooked, the handguard looks misaligned, you can see tooling marks from orbit, everything just looks wrong. Even the finish looks like a sloppy hack job you'd see on a poorly refinished enamel painted gun.

exactly, first moment you think it's a cool 3rd world mp7, then you notice all the fucking bullshit about it. overall wonky looks, just like the insas

when the INSAS was going to be adopted literally every indian general at the time was against its adoption and just wanted to buy either galils or fals

the main reason for the original insas mags cracking in the cold was because they were manufactured by a fucking furniture and lacquerware company

thanks user, I'm from just a bit south in Bangalore. See not all of us are that bad, some of us even poo in the loo!

>thanks user, I'm from just a bit south in Bangalore. See not all of us are that bad, some of us even poo in the loo
Don't let the memes get you down, user. At the end of the day, it's just that, memes. Only Jow Forumstards and other retards take them seriously. You're not better or worse than anyone else on here, even though some of your customs are indeed hilarious.

Unlike MGS III or MGS IV, Kojima basically overblown Konami budget with game engine, voice actor, motion capture etc. til' they have to resort to fictional guns.

Indeed. Probably some firearms manufacturers hate it seeing their products used by bad guys and villains. But it's okay for Russian firearms product.

Wouldn’t licensing real guns be cheaper than designing fictional equivalents that all more or less make sense? I know it’s mostly just Kojima autism that made them this way, but all of the guns in the game were really designed in detail, and had to have at least one person leading the design that knew about firearms history.

Konami were going to have Tokyo Marui or whatever it's called make Metal Gear licensed airsoft guns which is why everything in Mgsv is a weird abomination. Never panned out. Had nothing to do with getting rights to use real gun names, it's konami being moneu hungry.

Interesting. On one hand, it’s a shame I never got to operate in Afghanistan with a real AK, but on the other, the designs they came up with were generally interesting and well thought-out. Especially once you can mix and match the pieces together into custom guns.

All over the place. It'd be like the arms logistics of WW2 era Germany, except worse, and India isn't really capable of making any good guns on their own, their good stuff is acquired from other places.

Names and branding is one thing, but nothing stops you from imitating the appearance of a real product.
You can copy an MP7 for a game, call it an S&M CBT 5mm, and H&K couldn't do fuckall about it.

Probably they force some poor graphic designer intern to do that weird looking firearms design...

Pretty sure I saw at least one person in the credits who was in charge of firearm art direction. Haven’t played the game in a year, though.

>S&M CBT 5mm
That’s actually pretty fitting for an HK product.

>what kind of gun you want famo?
>all of them

Luckily this multicaliber rifle will help them fix their fucked up logistics.

Attached: DRDO_MC_Rifle.jpg (1920x760, 209K)

Attached: stress.png (382x247, 86K)

>Is it really that bad?
Yes.

/thread

Attached: 1541716963114.gif (414x382, 3.07M)