/KTG/ Knife Thread General

Post your pencil sharpeners, dicuss and ask questions.

Attached: Family_Stabbington.jpg (2816x2112, 2.63M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gerbergear.com/Knives/Folding/Pocket-Square-Aluminum-Handle_31-003130
lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1076
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I accidentally threw my higonokami in the trash.

whats a decent american brand?

kershaw, crk

I put mine in a small survival case with some other stuff (fishing hook, matchsticks, peanut butter)

Also, judging from Pic, what knife should i get next? Still secretly wishing for a Bowie but i have no use for that

A larger folder maybe?

Get a puukko.

Well i dont need a larger one, i can only carry certain types because of german law
Puukko's are definitely on my list, but i think i'll buy it when i visit finland sometime.

>tfw i still use mine as a pencil sharpener

life is ruff boyos

Attached: ewrghe54he4h6.png (91x125, 33K)

Muh knives

Attached: knives.jpg (1400x933, 184K)

Questions for you knife posters:

I'm thinking of getting a karambit for a flashy utility knife, is this a retarded idea?

If not, anybody got one they'd recommend?

Yes, it's a retarded idea. Even russian and ukranian "fighting knives", like Kondrat, Dikr and Kolodach are better than kerambit

i'm quite new to this, have always mired karambit aesthetically - of these other knife styles you mention which would you say has the best utility and aesthetic balance?

I was thinking of getting this
gerbergear.com/Knives/Folding/Pocket-Square-Aluminum-Handle_31-003130
but if anyone can suggest somethig you can hide easily and that you can carry wearing a suit. (an smol)

Am I a tacticool fag if I want this knife for my b-day? I already have a tenacious but it's gone through some heavy use, and the finish is wearing + the blade has slightly chipped due to stupidity.

whoops lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1076

Attached: defcad.jpg (3264x1836, 893K)

>of these other knife styles you mention which would you say has the best utility and aesthetic balance?
None. The main idea of Dikr, Kondrat and NDK was to make a fighting knife that wouldn't require a weapon owner license for purchase.
What led khohols to the Kolodach manufacturing is out of my understanding.
If I had to choose between awkward looking daggers, I'd buy some Vitaly Kim's knife, like the aforementioned Dikr.
In fact, I'd rather buy something more practical and simple.

Yeah that's reasonable, I suppose deep down I really just want something that I think looks cool, I already have quite decent everyday use knives - folding and fixed blade (swiss army multitool, bushcrafter 162 and fallkniven a1 are my go tos for survival knives and EDC) so really am just looking for something visually cool but also somewhat useful so it doesn't feel like a total waste of $$$.

Ty for the advice user, I'll look into some different 'fighting knives' and see if I can find one I like.

What’s a good folder for carrying for self defense? I’m in a county where CCW is difficult to come by

Spyderco
Benchmade
Gerber for poorfags or patricians

Just ordered one of the new Bradley kimura Bali last night for an edc knife. How much did I fuck up?

/ktg/ is fucking dumb
It should be /pop/ for pointy object posting

The name has more pop to it

What company makes the knife that looks to have a fox logo on the blade?

Karambits ARE utility knives.

People used them for self defense because it's what they had on them, not because they're lethal ninja weapons (much like balisongs). They only got the appearance of being that way due to being featured in movies and video games after the exotic oriental fads of yesteryear.

Waved Enduras are good knives, just don't know how much you'll use the lone wolf tools

Fox

What kind of self defense? Is it legal in er cunt?
If by self defense you mean stabbity-stabbity, get a Ti Lite.
If you want a folding knife capable of cutting as well as stabbing, it should match certain criterias
>~10-15 cm blade
Optimum performance, optimal carry size
>Blade geometry that is good for cutting and piercing
CS Voyager XL with a clip point, for example, has nice geometry
>Reliable lock: for example, backlock, tri-ad lock.
Spanish fighters used to fight with slipjoint blades, but in modern era of knife production that's just retarded.
>One hand opening capability
Not necessary, but it may give you an upper hand in a fight.
>Comfortable grip
Self-evident

Are these boker kalashnikov any good? For $40 they seem like a good option for an auto

Attached: Boker-Kalashnikov-Dagger-Auto-White-Black-01KALS34N-BHQ-75529-jr-3-large.jpg (711x800, 75K)

Ironically enough, Fox.

just bought this

Attached: IMG_0901.jpg (3264x2448, 1.19M)

I like mine and reviews are generally positive. Clicks hard, small and light, handle fits my hand fine, blade is centered, pocket clip looks dumb but works fine. Not a fan of the aluminum scales but for $40 I ain't bitching, and if I'm buying an auto knife it's mostly for autistic fun anyway.

Hihi, today i carry cold steel ak47, spydieco salt dragofly, cold steel kobun and leatherdaddy wave (old version). ^_^

What is user-chan carrying? Naifu-chan is pants inspector today!

Attached: 2BD2355F-2D39-482B-9BFB-C38FA4B264F2.jpg (3264x2448, 1.5M)

The Kubey KU158 and a CRKT Obake

Attached: IMG_0650.jpg (3264x2448, 1.29M)

I was thinking of getting one to edc

>Benchmade
Maybe if it were gifted to me.

Attached: 1555699726951.jpg (538x796, 47K)

i failed here.
*american made*

Thanks moammar for the opinion

Attached: knives.jpg.jpg (1920x1080, 958K)

i traded a used kershaw blur for this brand new first production bugout.

Attached: gsgfds.png (2113x465, 1.52M)

What are some good knife Sharpeners?

Thats a big stab

karambits suck for normal shit that isnt cutting roots

Noprton/king stone
lansky
thats about it for cheap

What's the knife underneath the SAK?

What's the knife on far right with the red button?

A gift i got for modeling at a Farm show lol
From a company called farm land, but they've misprinted it so on the blade it says "Fram-Land"

Found this one in the Attic of my grandma, must've been from my uncles or my dad. No name or anything on it, but its german because "rostfrei"

It could be Italian as well. I've seen Italian knives with Rostfrei mark

Like the other anons said, it's a Fox Tur. Been good to me so far.

Attached: Fox Tur.jpg (2048x1365, 339K)