Cory Booker Proposes National Gun-Licensing Program

>Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ), who recently promised to “bring a fight to the NRA like they have never ever seen before,” on Monday morning introduced a sweeping gun-violence prevention plan that centers around a national gun-licensing program.

>“My plan to address gun violence is simple—we will make it harder for people who should not have a gun to get one,” Booker said in a statement, pledging to take executive action on the first day of his desired presidency.

>“As president, we will make commonsense changes to our gun laws such as requiring a license to purchase a gun that includes universal background checks, banning assault weapons, and closing the loopholes that allow domestic abusers and people on terrorist watch lists to get their hands on a gun,” he continued. “I am sick and tired of hearing thoughts and prayers for the communities that have been shattered by gun violence—it is time for bold action.”

>Under the plan, Booker proposes that an individual could seek out a license at a local office, comparing it to applying for passport renewal. Upon doing so, they would submit fingerprints, sit for an interview, and show completion of a certified gun-safety course. The FBI would then verify all the submitted materials and run a comprehensive background check before issuing the federal gun license. The license would then be valid for up to five years “with regular, automatic checks to flag non-compliance with license terms,” according to the plan.

msn.com/en-us/news/politics/cory-booker-proposes-national-gun-licensing-program/ar-AAAY89V?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Attached: 1557152856147.png (845x609, 375K)

>While the licensing program is the largest plank of the plan, Booker also proposes repealing the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA), a 2005 law that provided protection for firearms manufacturers and dealers from liability; requiring handgun microstamping to allow law enforcement to identify the source of bullets used in crimes; and closing the so-called “boyfriend loophole,” which allows current or former unwed dating partners from purchasing or owning a gun even if convicted of domestic violence. The closing of that loophole is a major part of new language proposed for the renewal of the Violence Against Women Act.

>Booker also wants to close the “Charleston loophole,” which was similarly addressed in House legislation earlier this year and refers to the means by which mass murderer Dylann Roof was able to acquire firearms. Booker also proposes banning assault weapons, high-capacity magazines, and bump stocks, the last of which was banned by the Trump administration. Finally, the senator also wants to increase funding for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF), limit gun buyers to one handgun per month, and call on the IRS to conduct an investigation of the National Rifle Association’s tax status.

He's not going to get the nomination so this is a nothing burger.

Guy who will never be president proposes blatantly unconstitutional shit that won't survive a court challenge.
Film at 11.

Attached: 1552609198010.jpg (692x1024, 104K)

>focus on the white-suburban mass shooter responsible for .03% of gun deaths
>not the gang violence done with already illegal firearms
OH BOY

>>Booker also wants to close the “Charleston loophole,”
Oh you mean the one where the cops did nothing, his parents did nothing, the school faculty did nothing? These fucking people live in a totally different world don't they?

I still think people like this need to be reminded that trying to get shit like this made into law would result in the hanging of a traitor of the country.

Let's bring back poll taxes and literacy tests for voting while we're at it. Since we're now taxing constitutional rights and all.

Where's the human right to a passport outlined on the constitution? Obviously it must be in the constitution for him to treat the right to bear arms like having a passport. The second gun legislation turns legal gun owners into criminals is the moment where a casus belli for civil war is made.

Lol, what the fuck is the Charleston loophole?

You don't even need a passport in their minds. Outsiders have the right to occupy your home with impunity, and you're a bigot if you have a problem with it.

Attached: 1556393414116m.jpg (666x1024, 187K)

>I am sick and tired of hearing thoughts and prayers

Does Cory Booker hear thoughts?

oy vey das racist

>"Charleston loophole"
>give absolutely no information about the loophole
great journalism

>bad Keegan-Michael Keye impersonator who looks like he's constantly coked up makes desperate, last-ditch attempts at staying relevant in a DNC candidate pool that is literally approaching two dozen
Oh no

And prayers. Apparently he’s God.

NJanon here just reminding y'all that no good politician has come out of here since Sharpe James (even he was as corrupt as they come) and to be thankful that this presidential campaign has very minor chances of success just like Christie's

>microstamping
>I'm gonna really get the NRA this time, guys
>doesn't suggest harsher punishment for straw purchases
lol

>bring the fight to the NRA

Do these people not realize that it’s average Americans who donate the most to the NRA? They don’t even have as much money as some major Progressive donors, what’s with this vilification of the NRA as if it’s some old rich guys smoking cigars, drinking scotch and masturbating to school shooting footage?

How about a nation Shoot you in the Head Program?

Lmao. No it wouldn't. No one's hanging over red flag laws or 2nd AWB. Unless you want to prove you aren't all bark stop LARPing

Sure thing Mr. Tough Guy.

hr8 will pass and you cucks will do nothing. daily reminder hitler loosened gun laws before the war yet still rode around in an open top vehicle because his people loved him.

Attached: 7079675C-8113-4E90-96F9-70238D45FA40.gif (480x270, 2.15M)

>"we gonna take on the NRA!"
They really show their true colors when doing this. It's not about keeping muh communities safe, it's about neutralizing your rights (leave out the fact that the FuddRA folds like a cheap suitcase at the first sign of trouble).
>implying NPCs can think
They short-circuit whenever they encounter someone with a different opinion (William F. Buckley nailed it). I don't think 99% of them are even aware that GOA, SAF, et al exist.
>t. "the NRA are domestic terrorists!"

Attached: 1557066631406.jpg (480x640, 136K)

>New Jersey
>literal armpit of the country that gets made fun of by everyone regularly
>thinks we want what he's selling

Attached: Filename Pending (207).jpg (417x607, 65K)

t. this will be solved with our vote goy

>fight NRA
>common sense
This "da NRA are da bad guys" rhetoric is garbage.

Attached: empire of dust pepe.jpg (1024x576, 413K)

>Anyone that calls me out on a LARPing faggot must be a liberal!
The absolute state of (You). This is why 2A will die

>Compares it to driver's licenses

Okay then, that should mean that under the full faith in credit clause that I should then be able to take my guns anywhere in the country if I have one of these permits. They wouldn't question a driver's license or marriage certificate being valid across state lines.

fucking based boomer found loophole i love the idea now

As fun as that'd be you know they'd try to regulate it.
>Ammo purchasing caps
>Gun purchasing caps
>Yearly refreshes
>Mandatory classes

You sure showed me, I guess I'll just bury my guns like you smart guys, hell I'll bury my head as well just to join in.

Voting is actually why gun rights aren't words than they are now. The NRA votes, unlike most gun grabbers

Im not burying any guns. They want them. They can take it from me, by force.

Yeah we get it FBI.
I'll shoot up a synagouge just for you, Officer.

Trump is still president and did just that with banning bump stocks.

When I read stuff like this it makes me very angry. Like a primal anger of hate and disgust.

Drivers licenses are legal in all 50 states because of an interstate agreement, not the full faith and credit clause

Nope you're just being called out for acting like a Rambo-Minuteman-Patriot when you're actually just an apathetic neckbeard trying to act tough on Jow Forums.

Hey makes sense, look at invade Venezuela going on now.
If we can go there, they can come here

Do not let them chip away. You must take action before we have lost it all

tell us more friend

also post your name, address, credit card info, and number of dogs

Attached: 1549057860405.jpg (215x215, 10K)

yeah, but you won't do anything goy. go back to watching TV and drinking alcohol goyim. live in a peaceful bliss as your rights are stripped from you

And yet marriages are not as seen by the refusal to honor gay marriage

>didn't pay your bought too much ammo fine
>lic suspended w/o notification
>didn't surrender arms upon suspension
>warrant issued for your arrest
>6 gorillion dollars to reinstate your lic after a period of three years after your release.
Senseless optimism has no home here.

lmao next they’ll want prohibition again after someone introduces them to fire potion in minecraft of course

Attached: 40796817-1873-4A07-9A34-DEAC75F8E0C4.jpg (1214x680, 102K)

Test me nigger.

nigger wants lower gun violence
must be opposite day

I don't have to, red flag laws, mag caps, bump stocks, pistol grips and 1994 AWB already did it for me, and you failed miserably.
Oh but I know:
>That's what you get for living in a cucked state! XD
>Haha! Muh non-compliance equals resistance meme!
>Le boat maymay XD!

Not him but get fucked glownigger, you do it if it pisses you off so much

Kys cop

Reminder that violencefags are FBI

Attached: 339.jpg (1800x559, 91K)

Not him, but I was six when the AWB passed and Americans were still 78% white with a high degree of trust in the media and the institutions. If you don't think there have been some major shifts since then you are the one that is deluded. Waco Massacre 2.0 was averted because the militia that supported Cliven Bundy had mainstream support and sympathetic coverage from online media and even a major cable news broadcaster.

>Someone else will do it
>I'll just keep jacking off with my Cheeto hands and let someone else do it
There's not going to be some hero that starts it all and rallies every one. This isn't an anime. 2A is dead

>loophole
>loophole
>loophole
Hey guys i just used the money loophole to buy a gun, and then I took it to the range loophole and used the magazine loophole to load it and shot some target loopholes, and then I took it home via the driving loophole.

As Trump said, if you dont like loopholes, close them.

We get it FBI

worried yet?

Attached: 6100CB0D-70E2-43CD-A603-F4B680A5D9AA.jpg (400x603, 29K)

Who's FBI? There are people all over this board and this website in general sitting around saying "gun owners will do nothing" like it's some comforting mantra. Meanwhile, the elites are obviously terrified that gun owners are starting to do something and that they can't stop it from spinning out of control. It's obvious in their discourse to one another carried through the media. You think they are not messaging each other when they say shit like "white men are the most dangerous terrorists we face today?" They're not all on the same email lists, they literally telegraph their plans to each other through headlines and media narratives. The normie brainwashing is a happy side effect.

Nah you fucked yourself being an asshole out the gate, get fucked glownigger, we’re not falling for it

Yeah you see? This is exactly why the average white guy needs to man up and look at what's happening. You can't just sit around and let them take your rights

gun owners arent doing shit. hr8 will pass.

Jersey nigger without the resolve to come out of the closet. Rosario is such an obvious beard it really makes me question his judgement top to bottom

This was my original post in this thread you're the only asshole here. I'm not advocating for violence but it seems like it's the same group of shills saying "you'll do nothing, you cowards" and then turning around and saying "people that point out that some people have already reacted with violence are all feds!" I'm not advocating one way or the other, I'm just pointing out that no one is standing around doing nothing when the GOA still exists and the odd manifesto writer decides to opt for more direct action instead of lawfare.

>that image
Its really pathetic how its even to this day spammed without any thought even though it got refuted in the very thread it was posted.

Attached: 1449111466932.jpg (248x252, 33K)

FBI please go

>Under the plan, Booker proposes that an individual could seek out a license at a local office, comparing it to applying for passport renewal. Upon doing so, they would submit fingerprints, sit for an interview, and show completion of a certified gun-safety course. The FBI would then verify all the submitted materials and run a comprehensive background check before issuing the federal gun license. The license would then be valid for up to five years “with regular, automatic checks to flag non-compliance with license terms,” according to the plan.

Alright Jow Forums I need your help with this one. I just showed the highlighted text to my girlfriend (in before right hand) and she asks "Well this makes sense, I mean we need to get a drivers license to get a car so why not get a license to own a gun?"

What says you? I already brought up 2a argument.

Attached: 1551849477101.png (365x363, 202K)

t. swalwell

No, it didn't.

>implying FBI cares about a bunch of incels

>I already brought up 2a argument.
If you brought it up right there wouldn't be a second conversation about it

>kicks your gf in the nuts

Dang you're right, guys let's all vote for Hillary. Fuck off you faggot.

Just put your fingers in your ears and start yelling " I DON'T LISTEN TO IDIOTS LALALA I DON'T LISTEN TO IDIOTS LALALA" About 20 times should do it.

Well this is why I'm asking Jow Forums: on the off-chance you can make a better argument that I didn't think of.

Attached: 1525097195777.jpg (930x916, 71K)

You ever notice how fast that is in your head?
It comes as soon as you see the trigger
Have fun snowflake, tumblr cums soon

Okay that was a good one.

What do you want me to do? I donate to the GOA and the NRA, I spread actively awareness of the importance of our right to bear arms (in person mostly and a little on social media), I’ve even been to Pro-2A rallies and vote for pro-2A politicians on the local, state and federal level with varying success. On top of all that I maintain non compliance intelligently and try my hardest to civilly remind LEOs I get know and other veterans to always uphold their oath. At this point I feel like I’m doing all I can do short of running for congressman myself or assassinating them

How often do you use your car insurance? Sucks you gotta pay for it every month huh? You have to pay to tag the vehicle too, and that's only good for awhile, drivers license as well. How much hassle is involved in owning a vehicle that's not entirely necessary. On the bright side you can buy a sports car to drive around town in, even though you don't race cars, or work on cars, or are mechanically inclined. Or a truck even though you never pull a trailer. Just because you have the money, you CAN go out and buy one. Imagine someone picking your vehicle out for you, and giving you an inflated price for it, while also removing features like a radio, or air conditioning. Sounds shitty huh?

> it got refuted in the very thread it was posted.
I've seen some lazy attempts at memory holing but holy shit dude

>we need to get a drivers license to get a car
Nigger, what? No you don't.

Too overinclusive. Countless otherwise law-abiding citizens will subject to criminal sanction and stigma if they don’t comply. Less burdensome means available to the government, like only applying the law to convicted felons and the mentally ill. The regular, arbitrary compliance checks infringes on personal privacy under the Fourth Amendments. What could be the basis for burdening law abiding citizens? Blacks and criminals commit most of the gun crimes. What % of the population are they again?

Driver’s license is a poor analog. The plain text of the constitution says we have a right to have guns, nothing about cars or horse-drawn wagons. Guns are about personal security; cars are about convenience, speedy transportation, and economic efficiency.

hey fbi what is the best gun to lose in a boating accident?

Tell her this process should be used for abortions and watch her sperg out

Kid, I’ve been doin this shit for 25 years.

Attached: 945669B4-DE5B-4536-86FD-9329F5F3F065.jpg (435x352, 119K)

>I mean we need to get a drivers license to get a car
Do you? You need a driver's license to operate a car on state maintained public roads, but you don't need a driver's license to buy a car nor do you need one to operate it on private property. One of the best solo time trials drivers is a kid who legally cannot drive himself to and from the tracks where he competes due to his age.

No it was not

you don't need a license to get a car though, only to drive it on public roads
the argument only makes sense if you're talking about carry permits and even then there's no basis for anything other than a shall issue system

You're thinking of Parkland. Charleston was the one where dumb fuck mcgee shot up a black church.

It's where you purchase a firearm at a gun store but the FBI fucks up your background check so you can get a gun even though it's illegal for you to purchase one. Literally what happened. Booker is so full of shit it's no wonder that his skin is brown.

She's not pro-abortion.

come on little bitch boy

Attached: 1546322059741.png (382x491, 124K)

>implying the FBI doesn’t enjoy shitposting like everyone else

She sound like an airhead

Already happened champ.

Well, I'll expect to see y'all on the news by Friday. Better make national headlines knocking off the corrupt bastards stealing our rights. Remember, if you can't force the MSM to cover you, you failed.

Unless you all pussy out, just like you accuse other firearm owners of doing. But surely you won't do that, you tough guys.

>This is exactly why the average white guy needs to man up and look at what's happening. You can't just sit around and let them take your rights

You also don't need to post stupid shit on a Bolivian yak farming forum to prove you're down for the struggle.

Attached: SafeSecs.jpg (601x717, 110K)

Ask her if she's cool with fees, background checks, civics classes and testing to qualify to vote.

She's not. She was a New Yorker. Guns are a foreign thing there.

If the license was free, shall-issue, didn't require an interview, issued same-day like a driver's license, and was a valid national carry permit, I might consider it a good idea.
Make it PAL-like, where you can sell without contacting the government, or you can both call and check that your permits are valid.

What she needs to understand is that private gun ownership is about more than protecting citizens from each other. It's about protect citizens from government tyranny. Even if we had a trustworthy federal government (and lord knows we do not), they cannot be allowed complete dominion over the system designed to keep them in check. In this way I would argue that gun ownership is not only a right, but a civic duty as a weakened coalition of gun owners also weakens our ability to fight off the political advances of a government that increasingly wishes to go unchecked.

>“My plan to address gun violence is simple—we will make it harder for people who should not have a gun to get one,”
They're gonna really do it?

Attached: 1508124579972.png (597x441, 24K)

Do you need to be interviewed by the police before buying a car?