9mm has too much recoil for me to use confidently. What are my options for effective self defense?

9mm has too much recoil for me to use confidently. What are my options for effective self defense?

No rimfire or FN Five Seven.

Attached: 28828DFC-D654-4938-B367-14001723F99A.jpg (1154x1154, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

chuckhawks.com/handguns_handicapped_shooters.htm
youtu.be/DTDWM60_cyo
youtu.be/uSoZ-quxXkE
youtube.com/watch?v=lCRE3QeHZgc)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Beretta Cheetah

Practice

Pushups

Yeah.

.32 ACP

Jack off at least 4 times each day to build up some wrist strength

If your a guy start working out and lay off s o y. If grill 22. is decent.

What 9mm pistols have you shot before?

A Beretta 84 with Underwood ammo.

Attached: berettacheetah.jpg (1800x1200, 1.03M)

Ruger lcp is okay. My dad owned one for a long time, which is odd for him because he's boomer as fuck and usually carries old S&W J frames

Shield .380 EZ.

Another pistol I'll suggest is the Browning 'Black Label' 1911.
It's like a typical 1911, but scaled down from .45ACP to .380ACP, complete with the short-recoil operation.
Racking the slide is very easy, and recoil is very mild.

Still suggesting Underwood ammo.

Attached: browning_1911-380_9281web.jpg (1600x1067, 612K)

lift weights

>ruger lcp2
>380acp
>cheap as fuck

Try eating a cheeseburger

>9mm has too much recoil
>recommends 11oz micro .380s
STOP

>What are my options for effective self defense?
On the off chance you aren't trolling (excellent gambit if you are) consider the following:
1. Are your feet staggered or in a perpendicular line to the target? Knees bent or locked? Weight on the balls of your feet or on your heels?
2. Are your shoulders in front of your hips, or directly above / behind the hips?
3. Is your support hand doing 80% of the work holding the gun? Is it cramping or otherwise exhausted after several boxes of ammo, or is your strong hand more tired after a range session?

Attached: soy.gif (480x368, 2.36M)

I just want a gun that doesn’t bounce around so much Jesus

get a .22LR then you weak tranny faggot or hit the weights.

There are several ways to reduce recoil. One is to use a weaker cartridge, like .380. Another is to increase the weight of the pistol. If you do go to .380 do not go with a light weight pistol or you may find the recoil worse. If you are currently shooting a light weight polymer gun maybe try a full steel 9mm or .380.

Lay of the onions products

A cz83 is a heavy, 28oz, but relatively small .380

You could get a 40+ oz Shadow and not see 1/4th the amount of recoil reduction that a proper stance provides.

Dunno why everyone is recommending .380 pocket guns. The two finger grip combined with the 1/2” thicc profile of the LCP slamming into the web of my palm makes the gun feel worse than any 9mm out there even small ones like a PPS or G43z

go 380 in the same size handgun

10mm

Form is part of it. Even a gun with mild recoil can be much worse if your form is garbage. That said, a lot of it also comes to preference and sometimes personal circumstance.

I have a friend who suffers fibromyalgia, she said a Glock 17 was unpleasant to shoot because she said she could feel it flexing and flopping to an uncomfortable degree, but shooting a CZ75 Compact, she felt it was much more stable in her hands and didn't move much at all, and she decided to buy one of those.
You might feel more secure with a steel framed pistol, try a few, like a CZ75, a S&W 5906, or maybe a 1911 in 9mm Luger, recoil would be very mild and easy.

Attached: Ruger SR1911 9mm Luger.jpg (1500x1068, 99K)

your best option for effective self defense IS a 9mm, it's the most controllable of the effective self defense calibers. Make the hits at the speed that you can.

Also lift some weights.

The recoil is like a 9mm because of shitty blowback action.

I would have assumed that too but I found a thing written by a guy with severe arthritis and for him the cz83 was more comfortable to shoot than the berretta cheetah.
chuckhawks.com/handguns_handicapped_shooters.htm

I've shot one, felt like 9mm, I don't care about what some boomer on the internet writes.

>shitty blowback action
take that back

>9mm has too much recoil for me

Do you have some sort of condition like arthritis, worn down arms or elbows due to age or injury? How does your grip technique or recoil control look like? A novice shooter may not have correct recoil mitigation technique and be led to belive the gun is simply too difficult to handle. Seriously, 9mm is a mild recoiling cartridge especially when you get a gun such as a Glock 34, Beretta M9, Sig P226 that really tames the recoil down. Hell, a PX4 Compact has a stupidly low amount of recoil despite its size. I can look back at videos of me shooting handguns from 3 years back and what I do and how well I can control the gun during rapid fire looks dramatically better after getting some instruction and working on my technique on my own, I am still physiologically the same weak skellington I was back then so it’s not like I made some forearm gains that helps me muscle through recoil.

I’ve taught a shooter who had arthritis with my Beretta 92 and he had no complaints after 200 rounds of hot 9mm. If you legitimately cannot handle a 9mm, the M&P EZ or a .380 Beretta Cheetah will serve you well. The latter is a fairly heavy gun that shoots .380 so recoil will be almost to non existent.

this is a video on the Cheeta from someone who is very competent at shooting
youtu.be/DTDWM60_cyo

Blowback can work great and is wonderfully simple, but the recoil impulse is noticeably worse than a browning style tilting barrel.

>What are my options for effective self defense?
Become stronger.

continuing from this post. Some recoil mitigation techniques

youtu.be/uSoZ-quxXkE

>depleting your testosterone and making yourself weaker
ishygddt

OP, you should jack somebody else off 4 times a day instead, that way you get the wrist exercise, and they get the low-t.

Do what this guy says, get a Beretta 84. Hell get a nickel plated one.

>I don't want to shoot the gun with the proper form so I can better manage the recoil
>I want a gun that's weaker so I can shoot like shit and not care
use 22lr or work out and get gud

HAHAHAHA I hate you weaklings. We need to bring back bullying in school bigly. I want to give you faggots swirlies.. Holy shit, "bounce around" - no wonder this place hates .357 magnum and .40 S&W so much. Weak faggot cope

.50 African Eliminator
You don't need to worry about recoil if you only have to shoot once

There's way too many variables here to answer that question. What pistol were you using? How many rounds have you shot? Have you taken any classes to improve your technique?

For a defensive round, 9mm is about as good as you can get. While 45 has slightly higher stopping power, it's not worth effectively halving your round count. I hate to say "git gud" but you're better off spending time behind a decent 9mm than trying to compromise, especially for self defense.

Get a 9mm with a steel frame

>everyone asking what OP's problem is
>LOL FUCKING Jow Forums SO WEAK LMAO
At least pretend to read the thread.

>.40S&W
Maybe because it's a gay faggot round, and is beaten soundly by 10mm Auto or .45 Super

>I have a friend who suffers fibromyalgia
I have no doubt there are more diseases around nowadays from terrible diet and frankenfoods and I genuinely feel bad for people with disease but fibromyalgia is a completely made up illness to add another treatment plan to depression sufferers. she needs to improve her diet and workout 5 times a week.

What's to read you weak gen zoomer faggot? Everyone suggesting you lift or the other group that is telling to lift and buy a weaker round? Quit being a fucking faggot. Any man with mediocre strength and no arthritis should be able to shoot 9mm no problem. You are weaaaaaaaaaaak. Sorry not everyone on a cantonese horse riding forum is going to sugar coat it. Also 10mm sucks. if you want a powerful handgun cartridge buy a revolver.

Dubs of truth.

Attached: 1548174044041.jpg (546x604, 61K)

>I just want a gun that doesn’t bounce around so much Jesus
How big, in inches, is the gap between the beavertail and the web of your hand?

Wife is petite (5’1”, 105lbs). She has a hard time handing most semi auto 9s, and small ones are too snappy. She ended up with a 327federal sp101.

Try a Makarov or CZ 82/83. They will be chambered in with 9x18 or .380, and are heavy, steel-framed pistols. Recoil is significantly less than for comparably sized 9x19 pistols, especially the .380 versions. The Mak will give you 8+1 capacity, CZ 12+1. Mak is slimmer, easier to conceal. Both are compact. I would probably look for one in .380, as there are more ammo options. Still, in either 9x18 or .380, penetration will be main objective, as neither is powerful enough to reliably expand. I carry 90gr HydraShoks in my .380; they expand well in bare gel and still meet FBI 12in standard (ideal case of lightly clothed attacker) but clog and penetrate like ball against heavy cloth (better odds of getting to something vital). 9x18 has JHP loading available, but data is sparse; I load surplus ball ammuntion in mine because I know it will function well in the gun. If you have strength issues, and feel that you may not be able to operate the slide, .38 special revolvers are cheap and readily available. Anything from colt, ruger, s&w is great; Taurus is a good budget option. Keep in mind that these may have heavy double-action triggers, so strength may be a limiting factor here as well. Also, if you are looking for home defense rather than carry, take a look at a pistol-caliber carbine such as a CZ scorpion or ruger PC carbine. A braced AR pistol is a good option as well; 5.56 has very mild recoil in this configuration and the charging system is easy to grip and use.

I'm no doc, so I don't know if fibromyalgia is real or not, apparently a controversial subject. She said that was the reason.

I mean she has some kind of hormone disorder to start with (flat as a board, taller than me, doesn't menstruate), and has a lot of odd little neuroses and what I assume is a very odd upbringing. I'd be willing to believe she has some kind of inherent nerve problem which can't just be fixed by diet.

>revolverlets

Attached: LAR Grizzly .440CorBon.jpg (400x300, 15K)

>Any man with mediocre strength and no arthritis should be able to shoot 9mm no problem.
First off, I agree with you. But you sound like those coaches back in the day who shit on the kid who couldn't hit a curve ball but couldn't explain how to go about doing it. Might as well just yell "You gotta want it!" every time someone asks for an explanation of a skill.

A weightlifting regimen you onions infused tranny

based wife

Attached: best magnum.jpg (801x602, 36K)

PK380
Affordable
Walther quality
Rail for laser

It was designed for people with small hands who can't manage recoil very easily.

Attached: image004.jpg (562x497, 27K)

a boyfriend

Why don't you bounce around on my cock then you fag

Stop being so thirsty.

A handbag full of buckles

I can never be quenched

You need to practice more shooting it first of all, second of all if it's a polymer frame gun then it will tend to be a bit snappy because the firearm itself is so light, when the recoil throws that slide back it's going to want to tip the whole gun with it because it's center of mass is much closer to the slide than to your hand. If you buy a steel frame and steel slide gun the whole thing will snap less because it's heavier. The downside obviously is it's heavier and if your hands aren't strong because you haven't shot much yet then shooting may tire them out after a while.

Fair enough, I was a pistol and rifle instructor in a past life. I will give you some advice in no particular order.

>avoid polymer guns.
they are lighter than heavier steel or aluminum alloy frame guns. they also tend to have worse triggers in my opinion which isn't conducive to training.

>learn the weaver stance.
it is not a fashionable stance right not but it is a better stance in general overall especially if you are having difficulty. roll your shoulders forward when you shoot and get a nice wide stance (watch this: youtube.com/watch?v=lCRE3QeHZgc)

>focus on letting each shot surprise you
you should not anticipate the shots you are taking

>shoot a revolver
in addition to being heavier, they have fixed sights, fixed barrel and all of those elements are constant to one another which can help

>get bigger rubber grips like Hogue
this helps absorb recoil

>unironically lift
Building upper body strength and arm mass helps with this

>I was a pistol and rifle instructor in a past life.

Attached: ilya glare.png (404x444, 177K)

>Jeff Cooper-san, is that you?

How about a nice wooden slingshot

>hypochondria and attention whore syndrome

A rape whistle.

I'm rating this one high

If you say so.

Get a heavier gun

Honestly. The LCP i got for my girlfriend literally hurts to shoot.

Well I'm not her orbiter, but feel free to trust people and their internet self-diagnosis of X Y and Z disease when they are skinny fat couch potatoes with garbage diets and no exercise regime.

user, are you projecting a personal experience here?

All metal 9mm pistol for weight cz75 1911. Use two hands. Practice. Lower bore axis. Going down to 9x17 9x18. 32acp. Try 32 or 38 revolver. Practice

>I'm 15 but I'll give you some advice from my previous lifetimes.

Attached: paper.jpg (500x281, 26K)

A heavier gun. Recoil is proportional to the momentum of the bullet and gasses and inversely proportional to the weight of the gun.

>9mm has too much recoil for me to use confidently.

Manlet onions bean cuck get some fucking muscles.

You retards never fail to entertain.

Attached: advice from beyond the grave.png (974x486, 102K)

>Lighter ammo, heavier pistol
Pretty simple. Consider the grip too.
>Get stronger
Lift. Also split wood with a maul if you can. Sounds irrelevant but that's how I got more built up.
>Practice
Almost everyone should be able to comfortably shoot 9mm. Train and ask for advice at a range. You'll get about as much retarded advice as you will in this thread ("muh .22lr just as good") but one or two guys may teach you something of value. Adjust your stance and train until you're comfortable.

Learn to actually fucking shoot and hit the gym.

If you actually have some sort of physical disability or are a women (lol whats the difference) get a full size .380 or 25ACP.

Listen here, you inbred, entitled, putrid sack of dog shit. When people try to help you, generally some fucking gratitude is an obligation. If you don’t want our help, don’t fucking ask for it.

Attached: image.jpg (750x549, 402K)

those hams aint gonna steam themselves skinner

i thought you were when I said

Attached: lc95zl2t4wt21.jpg (788x928, 84K)

Attached: ab1.png_large.png (680x680, 589K)

Your friend was born a man. But you're still right. OP probably just doesn't know how to grip a firearm.

Attached: kakaw.jpg (500x750, 64K)

Wat

Learn proper shooting stance.. faggot

Beta male wristlet detected

get a handgun made out of metal

Attached: 1509339967352 (2).jpg (1280x960, 306K)

She's no tranny (no man-hands, wide shoulders, square jaw, etc, MTFs have all kinds of glaring tells), she's just born weird, no hormone development so she kind of grew up without her body really developing much as a woman. Like imagine a kid who didn't really go through puberty but kept growing anyway.
If she wasn't so fucking clever I'd hazard that maybe her biological parents were a bit too closely related, or that they engaged in substance abuse, but something probably isn't all proper with her genes or how she developed in the womb.

I'd say to get one in a real caliber instead of 7.62mm Tokarev, but OP being a wristlet would probably appreciate it.

>.38 special revolvers are cheap and readily available.
This. Find a medium-frame .38 revolver, maybe put rubber stocks on it, and load it with mid-range target loads (wadcutters). Almost no recoil. Then practice and move up to the standard service load, if desired.
OTOH, I have a Browning Hi-Power with Pachmayr rubber wrap-around grips that has little felt recoil. I once owned a Walther PPK/S in .380 that was less comfortable to shoot than the BHP.

PPKs in .380 are generally regarded as slightly unpleasant to shoot for what they are.
Maybe the larger PP model, with some rubber grips, would be more bearable in that caliber, I think the shape of the grip is why they feel weirdly snappy.

The Makarov is fairly closely comparable, and it definitely doesn't feel even close to as snappy.

tits or GTFO

Bigger .380. Suggest glock 42
Its comfy

30-06

>Find a medium-frame .38 revolver, maybe put rubber stocks on it, and load it with mid-range target loads (wadcutters). Almost no recoil.

Also almost penetrates the human skull frontally. Almost. All the power of .380 ACP, plus lower capacity and reloads you can time with a calendar.