US Air Force successfully shoots down multiple missiles with a laser

Do you wish to know more?

engadget.com/2019/05/05/us-air-force-laser-shoots-down-multiple-missiles/?guccounter=1

Attached: dims.jpg (1600x1067, 184K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uco2xh2lbLw
engadget.com/2019/05/05/us-air-force-laser-shoots-down-multiple-missiles/?guccounter=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Would there be nose are similar to pic related?

Attached: IMMA FIRIN MAH LAYZAR.png (800x600, 174K)

>Implessive!
>I totally believe that because it came from my country!
>We're the good guys, they wouldn't lie! Propaganda is only for Eastern nations!

Where's that video of the your railgun firing, again? I think even Turkey beat you to it.

Do you enjoy spoiling the fun for everyone?

Lmao second post is already a butthutt chink/slab

Very implessive!

IT WASN'T AN INTAKE IT WAS AN LAZOR!?

Attached: happy plane is happy.jpg (520x249, 16K)

You know it's true. People on this board are no better than the Chinks and vatniks they hate so much

>Implying half the isn't vatniks and chinks

Misleading picture, it was a ground based laser.

Attached: shield.jpg (1600x2394, 343K)

That is planned to be modified and mounted on jets by 2022.

why do you have shoop da woop saved as chargin mah layzar?

Attached: shoop da woop masotan.jpg (1280x720, 133K)

And the Zumwalt is planned to have ammunition’s too ;)

>Vorefags

That's not a video of the chinese railgun firing, user.

Attached: j-20 superior thermal masking.jpg (407x306, 7K)

Kek, you're going to get so many replies

Incorrect. Chinks have better shitposting.

it's not really hard to believe. americans are on the forefront of laser tech. this was done 2 years ago on a fucking apache.

>youtube.com/watch?v=uco2xh2lbLw

Attached: MSPPHWZM3VBJHPY6IXPEPYAWIM.jpg (1200x660, 89K)

Inb4 vatshits and chinks try to deny it because they are not as advanced as us

Attached: 4A197CD1-9D46-4566-BCDF-03436E7D9DB7.jpg (1024x429, 80K)

How powerful are those lasers?

>Do you wish to know more?
An impressive way to say hurr durr gib me clicks.

QUANTUM EXCELLENCE!

China and Russia BTFO!

Clearly, the superiority of the western man has been demonstrated, once again.

No pics,no believe Jerry.

>not as advanced as us
>China is 5G mobile network while America is stuck on 4G
American 4G is better because China is not as advanced as us!
> China has the best bullet trains meanwhile American super slow train gets derailed over a curve
American trains are the most advanced! Don't question the narrative!

It’s easy to get bullet trains when you steal tech and we never invested much in bullet trains due to the highway and also many American companies have 5g but yes keep coping Chang

Attached: 3BDF9FB9-60E3-45DA-93BC-552B759DD3D7.png (1073x386, 338K)

>wanting 5G
It's pretty obvious now it's just a new level of government/chink spying. I wouldn't brag about having it.

it's not vaporizing entire missiles out of the air at the moment but more or less melting holes into stuff. pretty impressive desu but still long way to go until were at star wars power levels.

Attached: ond17-drone3.jpg (2896x1944, 749K)

why has this place been flooded so hard with seething chinese shitposting?

Bit like a blowtorch held right against the hull. Won't kill you instantly but you sure as shit don't want to give it time to work.

Its been done

Attached: 1280px-YAL-1A_Airborne_Laser_unstowed_crop.jpg (1280x704, 108K)

>wast of trips
Come back when the US has made a history of claiming stuff that turns out to be bullshit to the same degree as Russia or China on similar topics. Til than stay in the dunce corner and suck on your thumb.

Attached: 1522904387470.jpg (1200x1000, 190K)

>American
>5G
hohohoho

>what are F35, zumwalt, ford carrier?

Attached: 1552505242472.jpg (800x450, 61K)

Verizon has already begun a limited rollout of its 5g network in certain cities

No pics,no believe Tommy

>f35
What about it it’s a great fighter
>zumwalt
Yeah the guns were a bust I will admit but it still has missiles and can fight
>ford class
I think your just mad you still have ramp carriers

This is the system mentioned in the article

Attached: 85F972A7-549B-45BA-B6AB-D0393DA92126.jpg (184x275, 7K)

Keep crying Chang

China's more impressive.

Attached: laser target.jpg (1097x617, 65K)

>lockheed
>getting anything done within their stated timeframe

Pick one and only one.

>RUPTLY

>scratched up surface to minimize reflectance
>5 2mm sheets instead of 1 1cm sheet to minimize conductance
>90 degree incidence to minimize surface area struck and to minimize reflectance
Not that implessive

>Destoried
>8s
>2km
Yes very implessive, will most definitely kill pigdog american steel approaching at mach 4 in a timely and effective manner.

Attached: F-35 isn't afraid to call out your shit.jpg (800x1131, 247K)

>forefront
China, Russia and even the UK all have laser weapons.

Not even remotely on the same level, dunce.

>forgetting the super solider program

Attached: 94249943cbafdf1ed3779682ee4f7a87.png (530x660, 331K)

I can't remember China claiming anything in the military actually

>country that dumps more cash into military than most countries make
>thinks it's impossible to make lasers that can shoot down missiles
If anything, the US probably has better technology that they can't disclose

That "future soldier" is so shit
Always assume your technological equipment will fail in the field.
Best bet is that the base guards will have the cool gear. Soldiers will look similar to now but different cammo, maybe carbon nanotube plates, and maybe a better network system so they can see other assets on the battlefield in real time

Can we shoot at one of those UFOs the F-18s keep seeing with a laser already?
They're fast but they ain't that fast.

those are just high velocity camera drones. Launched from a spy sub, they can zoom over an area and fly back to the water for pickup

My dad worked on that thing like 15 years ago. He was working at Edwards AFB at the time and got me my first job out of high school, good times

>he think he isnt getting spied on without 5g

AHAHAHAHAHA

Every alphabetical agency of every somewhat relevant country probably can access your data if they wanted

Soon

Attached: Let's Play - Command _ Conquer Generals_ Zero Hour ___.jpg (480x360, 33K)

God Townes was so broken

>Be you
>Playing air force general
>Be me
>Playing based laser general
>Effectively immune to three quarters of your offensive capability
>Shoot down your planes
>Shoot down your missiles
>My jets beat your jets
>Spam orbital laser strikes until you have nothing left

>engadget.com/2019/05/05/us-air-force-laser-shoots-down-multiple-missiles/?guccounter=1

>Testers at the White Sands Missile Range have successfully shot down multiple air-launched missiles using the Self-Protect High Energy Laser Demonstrator (SHiELD), proving that it can hold up under intense situations. While SHiELD is currently a ground-based behemoth (see below), the finished technology should be portable and rugged enough to be used aboard aircraft.
You won't see the technology used in-air for a while. The USAF only gave Lockheed Martin a contract in 2017, and the first airborne tests aren't expected until sometime in 2021. It would likely take a while after that before the system could find its way into service

Thanks for the false flag. using lasers to shoot aerial targets was done in the 1980s from burgers and vatniks. There is absolutely nothing that states the US air force has shot down missiles with lasers.

>Implessive!
>I totarry berieve that because it came from my countly!
>Wirr the good guys, they wourdn't rie! Plopaganda is only fir Western nations!

>This kills the quad.

Couple hundred kilowatts, 100-300 for the LAWS system, not sure about this new SHIELD system though.

>false flag
Do you even know what that means? A false flag is when you stage an attack on your own people to rally them against a third party.

>The USAF only gave Lockheed Martin a contract in 2017, and the first airborne tests aren't expected until sometime in 2021. It would likely take a while after that before the system could find its way into service

I would like to take a time machine and go back 2 years ago so I can see the shitposts from Jow Forums anons with the false mig-35 can shoot lasers claim meme. I am sure I have missed out on a lot of fun.

At&t has 5g in Seattle

You mean the ammunition that has already been bought? Or the ammunition that will be bought in the future.

>No further information whatsoever
How much do you wanna bet these "missiles" are bombs?

impressive handpainted cgi video screenshot of an aircraft shooting lasers

>ground based laser with several giant containers of batteries

Attached: desire to know more intensifies.gif (627x502, 940K)

Not vaporware?

Is that Chinese steel though? Pretty sure the cheap red laser pointer I have for my cats would burn through that.

only idiots will believe ANYTHING that usa says without a single proof

If they don't refer the M1A4Sep7 with laser hardkill defense as either a Paladin or Crusader I will be livid

>No evidence to back up what they say
>American public still believes them because muh America

>Chinese military includes photos to back up their research
>Americans turn a blind eye because it does not fit their narrative

You know, a laser APS for planes is a pretty sweet idea.

>ratnik
next

>vatnik
lmao

All the generals were broken, as was the game. It didn't work in half the computers out when it was released.

That said, I loved schlonging people with the USA Super weapon general.

Ah yes! those pictures of the Chinese railgun firing, I remember those!

The grinder across the street from my shop is on a micro 5g network for fuck's sakes.

they imported 1000 times folded watermelonium "steel" from U.S.A.

they've been experimenting with lasers on planes for ages now. working on shooting down a missile or two would be the next step

What about ablative coatings filled with retroreflective glass spheres for defense?

they also try to make the Zumwalt usable for 30 years now. ;)

Attached: CIA at its best.jpg (532x1024, 431K)

It says it’s chinese #45 steel, which is supposed to be equivalent to 1045 steel. For all we know, it’s tin made to look like steel.

The US has once again employed BELKAN TECHNOLOGY.

All three Zumwalts are usable right now.

That doesn't change anything he said.

remember when they were making highway overpasses with concrete cut with literal garbage

, What the fuck even is a G you fucking niggers. E=hf not some retarded chink shink shake shack. Electro-magnetic waves are retarded, and the people who want big nanny dominatrix state to give them access to network technology they can create themselves are even more retarded. Rarted might I say, and I will. No-one should base their national pride on what meme people are pushing instead of infrastructure. Fuck you, bite a dunny. Get offline. The internet, Tv, and books rot your brain. Get better taste and learn self restraint like you're the adult you are you fucking small-time gut spiller yuppie neocon libtard. 动态网自由门 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 六四天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward 文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution 人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system 台灣 臺灣 Taiwan Formosa 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama 法輪功 Falun Dafa 新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 諾貝爾和平獎 Nobel Peace Prize 劉暁波 Liu Xiaobo 民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 肅清 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 活摘器官 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 劉曉波动态网自由门CCPCorruption. I know your filter stops the copypasta but blow it out your ass

Attached: artflow_201901020854.png (879x310, 158K)

No video no believe, Chun Lee!

Americans are starting to sound more an more like Indians
>sooon muh drawings will be appropiate for the actual news
>theres no proof its not real!
>sooon muh more missiles in the bay
>soon muh space force
>soon muh secret black projects that could be anything will reveal! how can anyone ever compete!
>soon the railguns will be installed on zumwalts
>but whatabout that China story
>but whatabout that Paki- Russia story