How has the military changed you?

How has serving in the military changed your perspective on various aspects of life?

>harder to sympathize and empathize with people when they complain
>military movies are all wrong
>guilt-driven good work ethic because I still think in terms of orders
>disheartened because people in civilian life don't care about each other as much, talk shit behind each other's backs
>snitching is worse than the actual crime
>judge people by their capacity for work as primary quality
>can't stop comparing everything to the military

t. Light infantry bullshit. Pic unrelated

Attached: 1556764347723.jpg (700x359, 78K)

Just because you served in the military does not mean I wouldn't be able to kick the ever living shit out of you, fucking pussy.

Attached: download.jpg (534x550, 64K)

Yeah I can relate

People who won't put in good work really grinds my gears

Pretty much same, although talking trash behind backs / backstabbing was common where I was at.

airforce isn't real military

>How has the military changed you
i no longer want to be military

Rename the headline to “How wide has the Green Weenie stretched you?”

All of these I relate to plus:
>Overly comfortable talking about uncomfortable things casually
>Abnormally do not get worried about things normal people worry about

I low key try and stick around other prior service because although I hate talking about the military I feel less like a fucking alien when around them

>disheartened because people in civilian life don't care about each other as much, talk shit behind each other's backs

this

Lol SEETHING low t onions who failed basic
2/10 bait made me reply

I'm now gay

So I can prepare Ass to get licked?

Attached: 1483047330002.gif (200x113, 16K)

Navy or crayon eater?

OPEN

None

Attached: abdb0b6860dad188bba7f05483d6086e.jpg (350x509, 22K)

I've grown a bit more cynical, though I've always had a dark sense of humor. For the most part though, I've taken good things away from the military.
>good work ethic
>disdain for passive aggression
>honest with my friends and colleagues, inspires them to be honest with me
>can keep a cool head under pressure
>can laugh at my own mistakes
>can take criticism in stride
>generally seen as a trust worthy person by my peers
Some cons though:
>cuss a lot
>some jokes I make are lost on my normie friends
>I eat really fast
I think part of the reason my transition to civilian life went so easily is because I didn't expect special treatment and I am committed to staying humble, but what do I know, I'm just a POG
t. Combat Engineer

I was a rifleman but alrite fag boy

I share all of those perspectives you listed and I never served. The movies are worse coming from the perspective of a genuine firearms enthusiast as opposed to soldier. There are retards of all different varieties in the military who do all sorts of retarded fuckup shit for one dumb fucking reason or another. But you can only shoot so many rounds out of a 30rd magazine.

Except for:

Sweaty, that's just life.

Attached: steven-seagal-sniper-trailer3.jpg (700x393, 29K)

This lol

This tho. I'm also neverserved and
>a) understand normies are phony
>b) understand that military life isn't even kinda like the movies or vidya

>Basically everyone in the military is totally full of shit
>Basically everyone in the military is dumber than a literal bag of rocks
>Joining the military is 100% not worth it and my civilian friends were all right not to join with me.
Realistically all I took away from the military.

>DUURRRRR ONLY GRUNTS ARE TRUE MILITARY

Some things I've found.

Medics are usually Chad dude bros

Cav Scouts are the dumbest organisms on the planet

Cooks are the laziest organisms on the planet

Intel guys are fucking weird, autistic, and usually furries

Black's look out for blacks

Hispanics look out for Hispanics

Whites look out for no one but themselves

Signal is full of pretentious fucks who think they're better than everyone else

t. PRO PATRIA VIGILANS

Attached: 2019-04-19(1).jpg (600x960, 91K)

I did a direct commission to army officer, got them to pay off 110k in college debt, and when I got out used the GI bill to get my Master's for free. And all I did was 3 years. Counting my physical pay, benefits, debt discharge, and free school afterwards those 3 years cleared me almost $500,000. And now I can be a fag and get military discounts from anyone offering for the rest of my life too. Was definitely worth it for me.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

It ruined Hollywood explosions for me.

t. Fingoloid conscript

... k, keep me posted.

On one hand it made me cynical and bitter towards the world. On the other hand it taught me how to be a responsible hard worker that can take pride in getting the job done perfectly - because god damn if I'm not the only motherfucker here who actually does any fucking work.

>Backstabbing only happens in the Chairforce.

Attached: eatfuckkill.jpg (300x352, 58K)

only reel military is usmc infantry everything else is just their to support us

>lose of individuality
Infantry truly is for the low IQ faggots of society, holy fuck.

.t porkchop that washed out

Seethe harder friendu

Attached: BF1E88C4-8FAB-464D-A357-F97312B81128.jpg (1084x1181, 184K)

>Regular Army

A lot more cynical and bored

FPBP

I was this guy always coming late and procrastination specialty. Always jerking off the whole year and starting to study 3-4 weeks before the examens. My room was always a mess, etc

I went to the military and guess what ? I'm just like before. The only thing I've learned is stay calm under stress.

I'm such a lazy fuck that I can wait several weeks before cleaning one of my guns after having shooting it.

Also in addition to managing stressful situations I've learn to sleep everywhere and shit everywhere

Hard to leave situations or people because I still feel obligated and stuck there

Attached: complaints.png (627x518, 544K)

Being in the military has made me appreciate how nice and BS-free my civilian life was.

Fuck you. Medics aren't Chad's, but we are bros.

>made me give no fucks about what people think of me
>have less respect for authority than I did prior to joining
>joined the army from a nice city in Southern California, made me realize how backwards and empty the rest of the country is
>can function with minimal levels of sleep
>realized the military service is not like the movies and the majority of those in it are brain dead retards, whores and backstabbing cunts
>would have been better off just going to college out of high school
>am fitter than I was at any point in my life
>ironically I’ll always feel more connected to my civilian friends and civilians in general compared to people in the military
>kinda regret signing up but oh well

>incredibly dry sense of humor
>can go from mild mannered to I WILL RIP OFF YOUR JAW AND SHIT DOWN YOUR THROAT! in an instant
>went from fudd to full Jow Forumsommando on the topic of guns
>basically a 30 year old boomer after getting out
Such is life.

thank god my dad told me never to join. imagine dying for Israel... for nothing.

Attached: 1529533083068.jpg (980x735, 311K)

>I'm now gay
same.

Attached: 1546266126098.jpg (650x326, 121K)

My next hat:

The Jewish Wars
Non-Veteran

>The Jewish Wars
>Non-Veteran
kek'd

Attached: 1555973138395.jpg (960x960, 89K)

Finally. In context

likewise for being a civilian neet, ya nerd

Are you me?

I had no life before enlisting, so I can't really tell

Its funny cause our Corpsmen were always based as fuck. Its like they have to take a cool dude test before they get released to the Fleet

>>made me give no fucks about what people think of me
This is the largest change in me. It has positives like girls tend to like me more because I genuinely dont give a fuck, but mostly it's a bad thing as I'm more confrontational

Well, it turned me into a leftist that wants to see the rich dethroned. Lot of bad things happened that didn't need to happen, and it all tracks back to some billionaire wanting even more money because they treat the world like the high score list on a pinball machine.
I fight for more freedom every time I take a shit with my shirt off than I did in eight years in the fuckin desert.
Sure keep the house cleaner than I ever did before, though.

Do you anons ever stop thinking about Jews? You think about Judaism day in and day out more than the Orthodox, and that is saying something. That is a serious question, just an ongoing obsession that you fags are incapable of not including in every fucking comment, every single part of your lives.

It sounds like a sad and a self-frustrating existence. Without the littlest sense of personal-responsibility (I get nowhere in life, because of Jews).

Half of these tards think that this Jewish conspiracy is a meme and half think it is real. Honestly is stupid and unfunny either way

watch your back yid

I can watch my own back, more than the keyboard commandos in this thread who have never fought for a single thing in their lives.

>t. fat kike

t. user whose worst experience was having to grow up

so now you can jerk of during firefights too?

I find it hard to give a shit about anything. Once you learn to not give a shit if you step on an IED or not, it's real hard to give a shit about anything afterwards.

That sounds kinda shitty.

Worked out real well for me while I was still in. Three week FTX? Sure, okay. Dumb ass LT misses a turn and a twelve mile ruck turns into sixteen? Starting to feel alive now. As a civilian I'm just content in a dead end job earning enough to pay my rent, feed myself and my cat, and save up to buy myself something nice once in a blue moon. Don't get me wrong, I never really had any ambition, but after being in the military, there's no external impetus in my life that can make me really care about advancement in any way. I'm really not complaining by the way, before anyone comes in on their daddy's money high horse. Life is actually pretty comfy.

Cry some more, like you do every thread

Holy shit fucking this. All the green side corpsmen were based af, but all the weird motherfuckers were always blue side

You don't have to be in the military to have any of these traits. You're not special. You did a job for a short time and then quit. Move on.

You got the gi bill to pay off your masters with only 3 years in? I'm half way through my 4 year contract but all my fellow LTs are saying you need 6 years to get 100% gi bill benefits.

>I'm just content in a dead end job earning enough to pay my rent, feed myself and my cat, and save up to buy myself something nice once in a blue moon
>I never really had any ambition
>there's no external impetus in my life that can make me really care about advancement in any way

This is me right now except that I want to join my coutnry's military to give me a challenging life experience outside of the civiian world.

Would you still consider your military experience a positive one?

>CIA
>military

>can function with minimal levels of sleep
Yep.

Neverserved here but I’m sure the military’s budget is why my taxes are so high.

You going to poison me to death with that green shit on you, frogfucker?

Attached: 1556394200489.jpg (236x231, 12K)

>can't tolerate as much dumb shit as I used to from civilians
>hold civilians, especially management and leaders to higher standards
>made it easier for me to spot dumb shit and call people on it
>gave me more self-confidence in knowing what I can do
>can function on little sleep
>have work ethic better than 98% of other people, and my work standards aren't even that high by my own judgment
>judge people by their capacity to work as primary quality
>can pick out who is a shitbag on first sight now
>incredible disdain for passive aggressive behavior
>resent people who hoard information and don't communicate
>can't stand movies with the US Army portrayed inaccurately in them/Army culture/customs/courtesies

Thats just off the top of my head

Is that specific to being in the military? I was never in and I can't fucking stand this one air force vet I work with because he's so fucking lazy.

Anyone who is a burden to others because they are lazy instantly goes on my shit list.

holy shit i have the same.

The fast eating part made me overweight as i have had no drive or use for physical fitness.

I feel fucking stupid about it and want a job that pushes me to train more.

A pretty universal feeling in all honesty. People got bills to pay, and a bad job = no bills paid for a lot of people.

Got our in 2012, seriously just put all that shit behind and move on, remove all the military and veteran bullshit from your social media and stay away from other vets. Takes some time but life gets way better

I was medically dq'ed and couldn't get through MEPS, looking back I'm glad I didn't. US military is a fuckin joke.

>it all tracks back to some billionaire wanting even more money because they treat the world like the high score list on a pinball machine.

Yeah, totally ignore just (((who))) it was that profited. Just random, unknown “billionaires”.

>i don't get angry about things I can't affect.

You also learned how to carve wooden cocks and make a chair out of your rifle right?

I'd be disappointed if not.

Lol had this marine vet where i worked
>i was and am a mareeeene
>i wont do shit except fuck up and blame everybody else
>i refuse to learn anything new, this is how ive done it for thirty years
>what ya mean ive been doing it wrong for 30 years im a mareeeene
>aw fuck im fired?! Im hard worker and never fucked up. Everybody but me did it!

Honest answer.
I don't think about jews unless overseas military shit, the media or fiat banking is related to it. Because in those areas jews are almost always to blame.
But then again, I hate most diasporas, jews are just the most subversive and successful one.

Shut the fuck up boot

I mean, even as an AF vet with low opinion of the branch, there's definitely some real nigga jobs in the AF. I don't really put myself on the same level as most guys since I was a maintainer, but I certainly wasn't some useless shitbag finance faggot.

Anyways, to answer OP, the service made me apathetic. It made me realize how broken our system is, how reliant to the government tit most people are, and how useless useless most people can be. It also taught me valuable lessons about trusting people - namely, not to. I assume everyone is just waiting for an opportunity to fuck me.

unironically this

K

>Don't get worried
My wife hates it. She hates it so much.
>There's a problem OH GOD EVERYTHING MUST COME TO A HALT AHHHHHH
Fix it
>YOU ARENT BEING SUPPORTIVE WHY DONT YOU CARE
It's not worth being mad about it

What's the best military training in the world for basic infantry? I heard the French Foreign Legion is pretty good.

all of your points are why military service should be mandatory

based

Legion are not good I would know I used to be in the Legion. About as good as African Armies like Republic of Central Africa or the Democratic Republic of Congo.

>How has the military changed you?
I can fit an entire banana in my ass without crushing it

Hahaha, too funny. Ya man, same with mine. She's gotten better about it and it actually (I think) helped her get a promotion at work. There was a lot of draw backs from being enlisted but I also walked away with a few valuable personality traits that's are leverageble. Spelling not being one of them.

Israeli military guy seething again? You're on Jow Forums. If you lurked at least one year before posting you'd know that racism has always been widespread here. I don't blame the jews for my faults in life but to act like they've done nothing wrong is a very myopic view. I'm English and polish. I'm not flying into rages whenever i see the term Mutt or eternal anglo, exc. Take a chill pill, Eli dindunuffin goldberg

>>military movies are all wrong
If you are too dumb to realize this is done on purpose, you should just stop right now, because everybody already knows how stupid YOU are.

>logistics and maintenance arent real military

>>joined the army from a nice city in Southern California, made me realize how backwards and empty the rest of the country is
Go back there and stay there.